color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/4/2007 1:11:39 AM
Author: Harriet
I''m developing a taste for Bucellati. Uh oh.
HI:

Some new goodies listed at Signed Pieces......

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Fell in love with some gold cuffs from Julie Baker, but cannot find where her stuff is sold....
39.gif
Help?

http://www.juliebakerdesign.com

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2007 6:51:57 PM
Author: canuk-gal
Fell in love with some gold cuffs from Julie Baker, but cannot find where her stuff is sold....
39.gif
Help?

Sharon,

I had never heard of Julie Baker, but I looked around on the 'net. I found pieces of her jewelry sold everywhere. I do not know if Bergdorf Goodman's carries it, but they did host an opening for her. Macy's carried at least three really pretty pieces of gold jewelry (not inexpensive!) that she designed between 2005 and 2007. Even QVC has some very inexpensive sterling earrings she designed: QVC earrings.

I think I will go take another look, but I think you might try contacting her company (their website had a form for doing so) and asking where you can buy those cuffs!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon,

I found a boutique in Texas that appears to carry Julie Baker''s jewelry. What follows is from another website.

"Caroline Carlisle jewelry isn''t exactly easy to find. It is sold exclusively through Forty Five Ten in Dallas, Texas.

Forty Five Ten opened in 2000, and has quickly become one of the area''s premier boutiques. The store''s clientele includes everyone from Oprah Winfrey, Laura Bush, and Melissa Etheridge to Angie Harmon and Gwyneth Paltrow.

In addition to selling the Caroline Carlisle collection, Forty Five Ten also carries jewelry by other cutting edge designers like:

* Airess
* Beth Orduña
* Carolina Barbieri
* Dean Harris
* Elizabeth Showers
* Gabriela de la Vega
* Gabrielle Sanchez
* Guenveur Furst
* Ippolita
* Irene Neuwirth
* Jamie Joseph
* Jill Platner
* Julie Baker
* Kimme Winter
* Lana
* Lauren Wiggins
* Mallary Marks
* Matthew Trent
* Melissa Joy Manning
* Ninh Wysocan
* Robert Lee Morris
* Roseanne Pugliese
* Matthew Trent
* Susanna Galanis
* Sue Gragg
* Suzanne Wilson
* Ugo Cacciatori

To learn more about Forty Five Ten, you can call their store (214-559-4510) or visit their location on 4510 McKinney Avenue."

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 4:02:57 PM

HI:

cheers--Sharon
Sharon ...

AGBF, what do you think of the Ondine collection?

Off-topic: Who buys from Seaman Schepps?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2007 7:59:45 AM
Author: AGBF

Date: 10/19/2007 6:51:57 PM
39.gif
Help?

Sharon,

I had never heard of Julie Baker, but I looked around on the ''net. I found pieces of her jewelry sold everywhere. I do not know if Bergdorf Goodman''s carries it, but they did host an opening for her. Macy''s carried at least three really pretty pieces of gold jewelry (not inexpensive!) that she designed between 2005 and 2007. Even QVC has some very inexpensive sterling earrings she designed: QVC earrings.

I think I will go take another look, but I think you might try contacting her company (their website had a form for doing so) and asking where you can buy those cuffs!

Deb
34.gif
HI:

Deb--I have emailed them for some info. And thanks for the other link--I might end up calling Forty Five Ten, since their website doesn''t show specific designers lines. Again, thank you!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2007 12:04:04 PM

Date: 10/17/2007 4:02:57 PM

HI:

cheers--Sharon
Sharon ...

AGBF, what do you think of the Ondine collection?

HI:

I''ve often wondered this myself.......

cheers--Sharon

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I popped in a few weeks ago (it''s next to a chocolate store). Don''t worry, I left empty-handed (I bought chocolate though).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

what do you think of the Ondine collection?

Harriet,

I had to look it up as I had never heard of it. Is this the same "Ondine collection"?

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You two are starting to make me feel like a country bumpkin. I had to look up Seaman Schepps, too. The jewelry is very heavily bejeweled and not all the jewels used are precious (some are semi-precious), but I did not understand why you asked the question you did. Is the jewelry there prohibitively expensive (more so than that of any other fine jewelry store or designer)? Or did you find its goods in bad taste? I just didn't understand why someone would not shop there!

Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 11:32:58 AM
Harriet,

I had to look it up as I had never heard of it. Is this the same ''Ondine collection''?

Deborah
34.gif
Hi Deborah, I was referring to Bucellati''s Ondine collection.
27.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2007 1:09:40 PM

I was referring to Bucellati''s Ondine collection.

O.K....at least I have seen that, although I had to go back to referesh my memory on which one the Ondine collection was! It is lovely, of course. What by Bucellati is not? Did you just buy out the store, Harriet? I will be very envious indeed, if you did! My favorite Bucellati collection, however, is the Classica.

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, Deborah. I''ve been an angel. Loose stones don''t count as jewellery, yes?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2007 4:25:31 PM

No, Deborah. I''ve been an angel. Loose stones don''t count as jewellery, yes?

The problem with loose stones is that they call out to be set. Trust me on this.

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's why I've been buying matched pairs recently. I dump them into martini settings and voila! I do have 2 singles (and 2 more on the way) that deserve permanent homes.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2007 11:58:33 AM

You two are starting to make me feel like a country bumpkin. I had to look up Seaman Schepps, too. The jewelry is very heavily bejeweled and not all the jewels used are precious (some are semi-precious), but I did not understand why you asked the question you did. Is the jewelry there prohibitively expensive (more so than that of any other fine jewelry store or designer)? Or did you find its goods in bad taste? I just didn''t understand why someone would not shop there!

Deb
34.gif
HI:

Deb, I mean no repartee, but I feel that SS pieces are a bit ornate for my taste, and are very "uptown" or "mature" in their asthetic. KWIM? He really has taken the idea of a "cluster" to a new level. Does that make sense?

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the explanation, Sharon. Meanwhile I called Buccellati in New York to ask for the price on my favorite bracelet (the small bangle bracelet with diamonds from the Classica collection). I had had wild ideas of being able to buy that instead of something else I have been considering buying from Whiteflash. Let's just say that if I remember correctly the combined cost of all five 24K bangle bracelets I had made, this one bracelet by Buccellati costs the same amount!

If I had the cash lying around I still might buy it, though. Which goes to show that I have very little sense.

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, thanks for answering. You did a better job than I could have.

Deborah, you''re tempting me to go look at that Classic collection.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2007 12:36:27 PM
Author: Skippy123

I think H. Stern has some creative gold pieces.

I didn''t like most of what I saw; it was too big for my taste. Then I saw the "Feathers" collection! Wow! I could go for the bracelet the model had on her arm, and it made me very curious about what the earrings in the collection looked like, too!

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2007 6:51:54 AM

Date: 10/24/2007 12:36:27 PM

I think H. Stern has some creative gold pieces.
I didn''t like most of what I saw; it was too big for my taste. Then I saw the ''Feathers'' collection! Wow! I could go for the bracelet the model had on her arm, and it made me very curious about what the earrings in the collection looked like, too!

Deb
34.gif
HI:

Were not those feathers neat? I really love the DVB and Geisha collection--but I am partial to the large cuffs and link bracelets (reminds me greatly of a beauty I let go in Denmark at G. Jensen). But his prices! One of his cuffs, I saw recently advertized in W mag, was 18K!!!!
22.gif
In my next life....

cheers--Sharon

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sharon, Hariet, Skippy, AGBF, and the whole gang! Haven''t been posting in a while, but that hasn''t stopped my fetish!
27.gif

I recently bought a necklace and bracelet set in 18K rose gold from Fope. The set is called "Kaleida" - I don''t see it on their site exactly, but it is very similar to "Virginia" without the diamonds and in rose gold. Great quality!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 9:56:14 PM
Author: starryeyed
Hi Sharon, Hariet, Skippy, AGBF, and the whole gang! Haven't been posting in a while, but that hasn't stopped my fetish!
27.gif

I recently bought a necklace and bracelet set in 18K rose gold from Fope. The set is called 'Kaleida' - I don't see it on their site exactly, but it is very similar to 'Virginia' without the diamonds and in rose gold. Great quality!
YAY it is good to see you Starryeyed!!
36.gif
36.gif
We missed you tons, please pop in more often! Off to look at Fope.
9.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 10:25:48 PM
YAY it is good to see you Starryeyed!!
36.gif
36.gif
We missed you tons, please pop in more often! Off to look at Fope.
9.gif
Thanks Skippy! Nice to see you too. I just realized the link didn''t quite work - not sure why. It''s www.fope.com. Their stuff is really comfortable to wear. It doesn''t snag the little hairs on the back of your neck or on your wrist. They also make enhancers (the "Opera" collection) for the simpler pieces (which mine is). Enjoy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hey girl--I thought about you the other day while I was perusing Provident Jewellery''s website....(I''d love a "good" marquise....) Fope has some lovely stuff--enjoy your necklace! How is married life?

cheers--Sharon

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2007 11:48:05 AM
HI:
Hey girl--I thought about you the other day while I was perusing Provident Jewellery''s website....(I''d love a ''good'' marquise....) Fope has some lovely stuff--enjoy your necklace! How is married life?
cheers--Sharon
Hi Sharon!
35.gif
Nice to see you! You MUST visit Provident next time you are in Palm Beach. The quantity of stuff is unreal - some pieces are better quality than others, but I know you''d be able to weed out the schlock quickly.
2.gif

The Fope pieces are so comfortable - I find myself defaulting to them reguarly.

Married life is pretty much the same as engaged life. I''ve been so busy lately though, so I haven''t picked my nose up to really say! We STILL haven''t taken a honeymoon!
15.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Sharon, Hariet, Skippy, AGBF, and the whole gang! Haven''t been posting in a while, but that hasn''t stopped my fetish!
27.gif

I recently bought a necklace and bracelet set in 18K rose gold from Fope. The set is called ''Kaleida'' - I don''t see it on their site exactly, but it is very similar to ''Virginia'' without the diamonds and in rose gold. Great quality!

Hi, starryeyed-

The link to Fope does not work for me. I want to bump this thread to pursue Fope and Provident, neither of which I have seen.

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK...the Fope website is awesome. It is Italian and there are many collections of jewelry shown on it. I really thought it was great. All the talk about comfort threw me off. It's beautiful! (After the link takes you to the website, click on "Collections".)

Link to Fope Website

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2007 9:37:06 PM

27.gif

I recently bought a necklace and bracelet set in 18K rose gold from Fope. The set is called ''Kaleida'' - I don''t see it on their site exactly, but it is very similar to ''Virginia'' without the diamonds and in rose gold. Great quality!

Hi, starryeyed-

The link to Fope does not work for me. I want to bump this thread to pursue Fope and Provident, neither of which I have seen.

Deborah
34.gif
HI Deb:

Here you go:

http://www.providentjewelry.com/palmbeach/Page_ID.asp?IDTXT=11

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results