shape
carat
color
clarity

My emerald

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have this little beauty and want to set it: http://www.paraibainternational.com/product_info.php?product=611 Any ideas? I only have two so far: 1. Halo it and use it as a pendant; 2. Set it into a ring with trillion sides.

Separately, remember my neon yellow danburite rough? It's finally in the US and is slated to be cut as an asscher, unless someone has last-minute suggestions. Anyone?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just wonderful! I vote for a ring, but I''m a ring girl so don''t let me sway you. Can''t wait to see the final piece, whatever you decide.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Harriet. I vote for a ring but either will be beautiful!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it will make a sweet ''lil ring. Any ring design ideas, ladies?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like emerald cuts with trillions, so that''s the way I''d go.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2007 8:53:57 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
HI:

I agree. I also would like to suggest tapered baugettes.

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2007 8:58:53 PM
Author: canuk-gal

HI:

cheers--Sharon

Sharon,

Sometimes I think you read my mind--that was my other idea!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice emerald Harriet. I vote for a ring, am such a ring gal myslef. Love the idea of trillions, but want to throw out the idea of half moon sides. Would be yummy!! Love Sharon''s idea of tapered baguettes too. So many options really, how fun!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so agree with tapered baugettes. I saw an emerald ring at Tiffany''s I''m in love with and it''s an emerald cut with tapered baugettes. It is AWESOME!!! I can''t wait to see you finished ring.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Thus far we have: trillions, tapered baguettes, half-moons. Mine''s a baby emerald, but I''m fine with a dainty ring. Any Photoshop volunteers?

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
All of those will look great, but i tend to think step cut stones work better with trilions or bagettes instead of half moons.

i vote for tapered bagettes. i wish I could do photoshop... just think green with this design...

LMr904_003Ww.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2007 10:05:28 PM
Author: Green with Envy
All of those will look great, but i tend to think step cut stones work better with trilions or bagettes instead of half moons.

i vote for tapered bagettes. i wish I could do photoshop... just think green with this design...
And smaller, much smaller.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2007 9:03:20 PM

Date: 10/2/2007 8:58:53 PM
Author: canuk-gal

HI:

cheers--Sharon
Sharon,

Sometimes I think you read my mind--that was my other idea!
HI:

emthup.gif
DJ....it is a great classic look so it easily comes to (great) minds LOL!
9.gif

Here is a ring with a different center; needs photoshop skills

http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=6336

cheers--Sharon

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon,
You're a Photoshop whiz, right?
2.gif

Evelina,
Thanks!

Will the size of the stone be an issue? It's a wee one, but it's oh so beautiful.

Evelina

Rough_Rock
I do not think that there will be a problem with the size. When I spoke with BellJewels about my ring, they told me that they have a model maker and he can create any design around any stone (I was worried that mine may be too big!).

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice emerald! Hmm, my vote goes to tapered baguettes! So classic, so elegant.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Evelina,
Having the emerald custom set is not a problem. I''m wondering if it''ll look silly in a ring. It''s not a 20 carater, you know.
2.gif

Catmom,
I''d love to set it like your sapphire, but it''s too small to allow criss-crossing.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
OOOHHH beautiful emerald Harriet! Is it your birthstone? I thought your bday was in May. If it were my stone I would set it in a halo pendant. I tend to like big rings or plainish bands, though. If you do want a ring, I don''t even know if it would work, but, what about setting it in a bezel or partial bezel with a thicker band (3-4 mm) that could be used for stacking with other bands. I have a 1 ct sapphire set that way and I love to stack it with my scattered diamond band and/or shared prong band. Can you believe I am even suggesting not adding more diamonds? I must have a fever...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miranda dear, you''re close -- I''m an April baby. Guess what my birthstone is! Do you have a picture of your ring? Thanks.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm....didn''t work. I don''t know why. I''ll try again.

msapphire02.JPG

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one with the scattered diamond band. Do you love my fab blurry photography? I think I had the camera on action for the kids sports and forgot to change it. I had a big group of blurry pics for a while. Ahhh, the perks of being blonde
9.gif
Can I get some more air in my head please?

sapphire and etoile.JPG

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty rings (and hand)! Yeah, diamond.
P.S. See why I hate taking photos?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Last one. Here''s a side view.

sap side view01.JPG

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I''m not so sure about the lovely hand part, though. I have huge gnarly knuckles. I can''t wait to see what they look like when I have arthritis.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful emerald Harriet. I vote for a ring.

Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miranda,
You''re such an optimist.

Linda,
Thanks. Any ring ideas?

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Optimist? No. Just vain. LOL! DH looked at me like I was needed a straight jacket when I told him I wanted to see a cosmetic surgeon about getting rid of my lumpy knuckles. I was kidding of course
17.gif

Back to the emerald...What direction are you leaning and have you set a budget for the setting?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha!
You ladies have been very helpful, but I'm still waiting for inspiration to strike. In the meantime, my loose stones are piling up. Wanna help? I don't have a budget (not that I have unlimited resources) and will bide my time if I have to save for the right setting.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi harriet! what type metal are you going to be using for the emerald? the color is what i am asking about. it looks lovely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results