shape
carat
color
clarity

My emerald

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2007 12:01:42 AM
Author: Harriet

what do you think of pear sides?

I wanted to let you see that I have, myself, done a three-stone ring with pears. I like them. They would look great with your emerald. As I said above, any sidestones would look great with your emerald. I think your emerald has a far more distinctive shape than does my tanzanite, however, and I would be reluctant to give that up for the quite average look of a three-stone ring.

I think your idea of "halo"-ing it is better. I like the idea of a halo of tiny stones, preferably diamonds or pearls, that emphasize the squareness. That (as well as the great color) is what makes your emerald so special.

Deborah
34.gif

IDidPears.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, I would set it in a halo ring or pendant. Two that I think are beautiful are by Beverley K and carried by Pearlman''s. To be perfectly honest, I would not pay for a Leon setting for a $1000 stone. These settings are really reasonable and Gypsy said they are good quality.

bevk02.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 5:38:14 PM
Author: AGBF
I wanted to let you see that I have, myself, done a three-stone ring with pears. I like them. They would look great with your emerald. As I said above, any sidestones would look great with your emerald. I think your emerald has a far more distinctive shape than does my tanzanite, however, and I would be reluctant to give that up for the quite average look of a three-stone ring.

I think your idea of ''halo''-ing it is better. I like the idea of a halo of tiny stones, preferably diamonds or pearls, that emphasize the squareness. That (as well as the great color) is what makes your emerald so special.

Deborah
34.gif
Deborah, it''s lovely. I have a 3-stone up my sleeve, which argues for approaching the emerald differently.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, DS. Have you come across anything quieter? I'm a simple girl.
2.gif

My Lucida is smaller, but of the same shape as my emerald. I'm toying with combining the 2.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really don''t wear dressy jewelry either, Harriet. Simple and elegant is fine with me!

I like the idea of combining the Lucida with the emerald, but I am not sure I''d like it unless they were the same size and cut the same. I could probably handle a diamond on either side that was cut almost the same (and the same size). Just not sure I''d like it with one diamond and one emerald.

On the other hand, and emerald is not an everyday ring, so you might consider setting it in a dressier setting for the occasions where you could wear it. The other thing that crosses my mind is that you have a substantial e-ring, and I think the right hand ring needs to be just a little proportional to it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am confused. Do you want a three-stone ring with two Lucidas and the one emerald? You have said that you want both a three-stone ring and to combine the emerald with your Lucida. I want to think within the parameters you set, but I have to understand them :).

Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 7:54:46 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I really don''t wear dressy jewelry either, Harriet. Simple and elegant is fine with me!

I like the idea of combining the Lucida with the emerald, but I am not sure I''d like it unless they were the same size and cut the same. I could probably handle a diamond on either side that was cut almost the same (and the same size). Just not sure I''d like it with one diamond and one emerald.

On the other hand, and emerald is not an everyday ring, so you might consider setting it in a dressier setting for the occasions where you could wear it. The other thing that crosses my mind is that you have a substantial e-ring, and I think the right hand ring needs to be just a little proportional to it.
If I use the Lucida, the whole thing will be a pendant. I don''t want to buy another Lucida.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 8:16:32 PM
Author: AGBF
I am confused. Do you want a three-stone ring with two Lucidas and the one emerald? You have said that you want both a three-stone ring and to combine the emerald with your Lucida. I want to think within the parameters you set, but I have to understand them :).

Deb
34.gif
Sorry for the confusion. I''ve been thowing ideas out. If I go the 3-stone route, it won''t be with my Lucida. I do have a 3-stone ring planned, but it doesn''t involve the emerald.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2007 7:33:00 PM

Deborah, it's lovely. I have a 3-stone up my sleeve, which argues for approaching the emerald differently.

OK. I read the above. If the three-stone doesn't involve the emerald, what does? I want to know how to approach that emerald, Harriet! Tell me!!!! ;-)

Deb
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Deborah, thanks for your enthusiasm. How about a pendant? Imagine inverting the Lucida, dangling an inverted ''halo'' from it (diamonds? pearls? sapphires?), and then dangling the inverted emerald within the ''halo''.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/23/2007 9:02:49 AM

How about a pendant? Imagine inverting the Lucida, dangling an inverted ''halo'' from it (diamonds? pearls? sapphires?), and then dangling the inverted emerald within the ''halo''.

I am having trouble envisioning this. I sketched a Lucida and I can easily imagine your emerald, but I don''t know what you mean by "inverting" a square (or square-ish) stone. It''s going to be square whether you hang it one way or the other way, right? I am having trouble with this :(.

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the ambiguity. By "inverting", I mean tilting the squares by 45 degrees. Oops.

lotuslight

Rough_Rock
I''m no expert, but I think a ring would be awesome, with pear side stones. I think the contrast of the shapes would be superb, and would make a lovely ring with your "petite" stone:)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Petite" is apt.
9.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
You girls need to page me ladies, I check PS multiple times a day...haha!!!!
9.gif

leggs

Shiny_Rock
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/closeout-jewelry/rings/45N1/48/

I would see if this ring could work with your emerald.
Simply gorgeous!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really think that a 5 x 5 emerald would be best shown off as a pendant.

harriet emerald.jpg

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 12:42:05 AM
Author: Gypsy
Beautiful Gypsy!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Harriet, I was perusing recently, and happened upon this devine website. The "pendant, precious color, signature classic" section brought you to mind (it won't link to direct page). They have some gorgeous (understatement) pieces, maybe more for inspiration, than purchasing, as I think this designer is rather pricey. But, you could get a quote, or idea....
2.gif

And forgive me if this is redundant, I haven't kept total tabs on your Emerald.

http://www.jbstar.com/home.php

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 10:49:28 PM
Author: leggs
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/closeout-jewelry/rings/45N1/48/

I would see if this ring could work with your emerald.
Simply gorgeous!!!
Thanks, but I''m afraid my emerald is way too small.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 12:42:05 AM
Author: Gypsy
That pendant is a beauty. I could use my Lucida as well.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 7:49:39 PM
Author: Ellen
Hey Harriet, I was perusing recently, and happened upon this devine website. The ''pendant, precious color, signature classic'' section brought you to mind (it won''t link to direct page). They have some gorgeous (understatement) pieces, maybe more for inspiration, than purchasing, as I think this designer is rather pricey. But, you could get a quote, or idea....
2.gif

And forgive me if this is redundant, I haven''t kept total tabs on your Emerald.

http://www.jbstar.com/home.php
For this link, you''re forgiven.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 8:32:02 PM
For this link, you''re forgiven.
9.gif
9.gif

Aren''t those pieces yummy??!
30.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I love the pendant that Gypsy has posted. It is gorgeous. And it would be a great use of your Lucida too. If you wanted max flexibility you could have the pendant made with a pave bail rather than permanently attached to the chain. Then you could switch chains at your discretion, from plain to DBTY style. It''s a super pendant.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Beacon, I''d like the flexibility. Do you have any pretty bales in mind?

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I found this bale- it is simple and classic.

nice bail.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
This is my necklace and the bale is a simple pave one that you can easily slip various chains through. In the photo gypsy posted you could add a milgrain edge to the bale and make the whole thing more V shaped to better match the total look.

new necklace 2resize3.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies.

Beacon, I adore that pendant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results