shape
carat
color
clarity

My emerald

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there! We haven''t ''spoken'' in a while. I prefer white gold. Would you suggest yellow instead? The stone has no yellow in it whatsoever.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
no, i am a platinum gal myself and would go white also. i was just wondering how that stone would look in a solitaire style bangle. i was trying to imagine the look and needed the color to try and get a fix on it.

i believe it is octagon shape and about 5mm size correct?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emeralds are delicate stones and would not survive in a bangle. It''s a pity, isn''t it?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup. Any non-bangle ideas? I''m afraid of banging the emerald around.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
that is a good point but i thought i had heard that the oval shape on some of the new bracelets does not roll around. i thought perhaps that if this was the case it would get no more banging around than on the finger.

i do understand you thoughts on this and will put my thinking cap back on.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2007 4:28:34 PM
Author: Harriet
Yup. Any non-bangle ideas? I''m afraid of banging the emerald around.
A pretty pendant
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
crown 1,
Please do.

Skip,
Here''s another pendant idea. Imagine an inverted square frame, set with diamonds, and the inverted emerald suspended in it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2007 5:38:28 PM
crown 1,
Please do.

Skip,
Here''s another pendant idea. Imagine an inverted square frame, set with diamonds, and the inverted emerald suspended in it.
That sounds lovely!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I prefer rings, but the emerald may be safer as a pendant. Kaleigh, can you Photoshop? Anyone? Iwanna, where are you?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2007 7:01:29 PM
I prefer rings, but the emerald may be safer as a pendant. Kaleigh, can you Photoshop? Anyone? Iwanna, where are you?
I wish!! I can barely take pics.
39.gif
We need Iwanna!!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Remember who you're talking to.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another idea: How about 2 micropave eternities sandwiching the inverted emerald?

Regardless, is the emerald worth sending to Leon?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, I would think that emerald is quite worthy of sending to Leon! I was thinking a ring, set in plat with trap sidestones? IrishAngel and I were at the Chicago gem show recently and I tried on a square EC emerald with dia. trap sidestones and it was GORGEOUS. The emerald itself was around 2 carats, and the traps were .5 c each, but cutting those weights sort of in half would still make a fabulous ring. MMmmmm, I love emeralds! (Yes, it''s my birthstone, and yes, I love the movie The Wizard of Oz--Emerald City, anyone?--) I am excited to see how you end up setting your beautiful emerald!
36.gif
35.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I''ll try my luck -- Are you a Photoshop whiz?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m late in seeing this - what about a ballerina setting in platinum?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is Didiamond''s Tanzanite in a ballerina setting:

dtnz.JPG

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! It''s pretty, but it''s not my style.
I was just at A La Vieille Russie. They was a sweet little ring. The centre-stones are a square emerald-cut diamond and a square emerald-cut emerald. The diamond side has channel-set emeralds on the shank and the emerald side has diamonds.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, the ring you saw at A La Vielle Russie would be a great style for your emerald.

jeffwhite

Rough_Rock
Glad to hear you decided to get this one! Looks like a very nice piece with good cutting (in a fairly unusual design for high quality emerald). Congrats
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2007 10:15:09 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Harriet, the ring you saw at A La Vielle Russie would be a great style for your emerald.
It''s certainly a candidate. Leon is thinking about a 5-stone.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2007 12:10:50 PM
Author: jeffwhite
Glad to hear you decided to get this one! Looks like a very nice piece with good cutting (in a fairly unusual design for high quality emerald). Congrats
1.gif
Thanks, Jeff. I''m sure my danburite will be well cut too.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... beautiful stone, Harriet! Definitely Leon worthy.

I think a three-stone or a five-stone ring in platinum would be classic, elegant and stunning! Leon will definitely know what to do with it. It will be amazing!
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for tapered baguettes. That emerald is GORGEOUS!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ladies. If only it had a twin!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet,

The link to Tiffany did not work for me, so I did not see what was pictured there. I do think your emerald is beautiful, though, and think it deserves something special to showcase it.

It would, of course, look great in a ring with any of the sidestones suggested. I have set two stones myself, giving each project considerable thought, and I just don't know that I could do anything more interesting with your emerald in a ring than I did with either of them. But the cut of your emerald is really unique in its squareness.

I would like to see it, be it as a ring or a pendant, trimmed with a lot of small diamonds like a piece of royal jewelry from ancient Spain. Something one would find in a treasure chest. Something that emphasizes its square, unique cut but is not mundane.

That's just my fantasy. I could even imagine tiny pearls. Really tiny accents around the square.

Deborah
34.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Deborah,

Thanks for chiming in. I like your idea of adding pearls. It would be unique. I'm going to take my time with this stone. I'm extremely fond of it and want to get the setting right. Should it go in a 3-stone ring, what do you think of pear sides?

sera

Ideal_Rock
I completely LOVE this! I think it would translate well into a square NESW shape. And I just love yellow accents with a green center amidst brilliant white.
30.gif

simong emerald airline halo 2tone pendant.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, sera. If you have any more ideas, please send them my way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results