shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you do anything that might be considered "unconventional" ?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes, I don't eat (like) ice cream, chocolate, butter, most cake and desserts....And pierogis and sour cream. And I suntan and walk to work in -30C and snow.:eek2:

Does that make me unconventional? As my family says....NOPE just WEIRD!

cheers--Sharon

Hahaha well the best of us are you know.:geek::lol:

My husband.

:oops2::oops2::oops2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes, I don't eat (like) ice cream, chocolate, butter, most cake and desserts....And pierogis and sour cream. And I suntan and walk to work in -30C and snow.:eek2:

Does that make me unconventional? As my family says....NOPE just WEIRD!

cheers--Sharon
What?? No pierogis? Are you crazy, woman?:P2

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't chew gum.
In the early 80s, my loving older sister told me that I chewed gum like a horse.
This stopped me from chewing gum for many years. About 10 years ago, someone insisted that I try some new flavor of gum. I had to keep reminding myself not to swallow it! No thanks!

Last edited:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: Thanks! I don't know what my hang up is about bras...seriously...I think my biggest issue is that you have to make several throw aways to get one that fits. :???: As for socks, meh, its an issue of fitting...I think I'll ask my boss to see his as someone made him a pair and I've not seen any handmade sewn socks.:appl: My current obsession is this top 'cause it's a raglan, but its different from others raglans I've seen...AND I can use scraps :kiss2: These are the ones I've made in the last few days...realistically I'll wear all of them except the one with the hot pink sleeves, its an upcycle of one of hubbys polos, he was unimpressed with it :lol: 20180321_183337_Burst01-COLLAGE.jpg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I eat the same exact fruit lunch every day. My coworkers make fun of me...
I do love chocolate though.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2: Thanks! I don't know what my hang up is about bras...seriously...I think my biggest issue is that you have to make several throw aways to get one that fits. :???: As for socks, meh, its an issue of fitting...I think I'll ask my boss to see his as someone made him a pair and I've not seen any handmade sewn socks.:appl: My current obsession is this top 'cause it's a raglan, but its different from others raglans I've seen...AND I can use scraps :kiss2: These are the ones I've made in the last few days...realistically I'll wear all of them except the one with the hot pink sleeves, its an upcycle of one of hubbys polos, he was unimpressed with it :lol: 20180321_183337_Burst01-COLLAGE.jpg

LOVE! :appl:

I don't chew gum.
In the early 80s, my loving older sister told me that I chewed gum like a horse.
This stopped me from chewing gum for many years. About 10 years ago, someone insisted that I try some new flavor of gum. I had to keep reminding myself not to swallow it! No thanks!

Haha I cannot chew gum anymore but not so much out of choice but it causes lots of umm let's say digestive issues. So I went from being a gum fanatic to not chewing any gum whatsoever for over 15 years now. I missed it at first but now not at all.

I do love chocolate though.

I am a creature of habit too and often eat the same thing day in and day out. Get out of my head girl.:lol:

:confused: heheehheeee

I love gum.

But do you blow bubbles? That's the sign of a true gum lover IMO. And when I used to chew gum I blew the biggest bubbles. Almost as big as my head. :geek2::P2 Which of course requires multiple pieces of gum at a time. Drove Greg cuckoo. Hahaha.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't chew gum.

I hate gum. HAAAAATE!!! :x2

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE! :appl:

Haha I cannot chew gum anymore but not so much out of choice but it causes lots of umm let's say digestive issues. So I went from being a gum fanatic to not chewing any gum whatsoever for over 15 years now. I missed it at first but now not at all.

I am a creature of habit too and often eat the same thing day in and day out. Get out of my head girl.:lol:

But do you blow bubbles? That's the sign of a true gum lover IMO. And when I used to chew gum I blew the biggest bubbles. Almost as big as my head. :geek2::P2 Which of course requires multiple pieces of gum at a time. Drove Greg cuckoo. Hahaha.

Of course.:wavey: I had a (single) piece of juicy fruit gum today--managed (not huge but) decent bubbles!!!!:mrgreen2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love chocolate though.[/QUOTE

I drink milk for lunch--cuz I don't make lunches or eat leftovers. So I buy milk. Like you, there are frequent comments about my "lunch". Until I offer them a piece of gum for dessert. :lol-2:

cheers--Sharon

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I eat my sandwiches and burgers plain, no condimemts, just the bread/bun and the patty/lunchmeat.

I don't eat cheese except on pizza.

Hubby thinks that I am weird :lol-2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matthews1127 you, YOU are an excellent mom, nothing is worth much in life except love. really.. (((Matthews)))

kate

Congratulations to your DS! My DD played basketball in the NCAA and watching her play in those games are some of my fondest memories!! I was so sad when it ended at graduation. And she made some life-long friends and it really helped her enjoy her college years!
Enjoy!

Thank you both so much for the support & congratulations!! I’m looking forward to this next step in his life, and I’m certain he will make some life-long friends & colleagues in College.
I am so excited to join the parents of NCAA Athletes; he has worked so hard for this, and I know when he started this journey 4 years ago, he never expected to sign a letter of intent to play NCAA level Lacrosse. This is an awesome opportunity, and he’ll have the chance to attend a reputable institution of higher learning, major in Bio/Chem, and play the sport he has fallen in love with. I can’t ask for more than that. He certainly is blessed, and I’m thrilled to follow his journey!
@Tekate you are so right....LOVE is everything!!!! :love:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I eat my sandwiches and burgers plain, no condimemts, just the bread/bun and the patty/lunchmeat.

I don't eat cheese except on pizza.

Hubby thinks that I am weird :lol-2:

Sounds like my son. He orders, bun, patty, bun. Lol :lol:
I only eat pizza cheese too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread Missy. I enjoyed everyone's responses. I can't think of any one thing I do but I am certainly not conventional, I'm like "Abby someone" :lol:. I collect Teddy bears and have a lot of Snoopy stuff around my house.

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As usual you look wonderful, happy and it's a beautiful day!

When I worked at IBM I always ensured I wore something a bit out of the ordinary, while I thrived there management often was mundane and uninspiring (except of course when I managed ;-) ) I would wear colors that didn't match .... so this was just keeping who I was... I still do it but i'm lazier now than ever.

I think using a parasol is a great idea to keep one's skin free of UV rays and aging.

When I worked at ibm is was navy or gray suits. Summer it was kakhi or seersucker....my how things change. You would me admonished if your attire wasn't right...and I was an intern from a top MBA program!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread Missy. I enjoyed everyone's responses. I can't think of any one thing I do but I am certainly not conventional, I'm like "Abby someone" :lol:. I collect Teddy bears and have a lot of Snoopy stuff around my house.

Marcy :sun:

snoopydancing.jpg 4ft-3ft-2ft-huge-cream-giant-teddy-bear-cozy-cuddles-family.jpg

@Tekate you are so right....LOVE is everything!!!! :love:

True dat.

love_is_everything______by_davejsy.jpg
250262-To-Love-Is-Nothing-To-Love-And-Be-Loved-Is-Everything.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My unconventional thing is my insane nail polish collection. I have over 1,500 bottles. (No, that’s not a typo.) Most are indie brands. :))

Ha! I have more than you do... :whistle: :mrgreen2:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never go barefoot. Never! I place my flip flops beside the bed at night and even in the middle of the night I slip them on if I need to get up. I can't stand my feet touching the floor or ground.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never go barefoot. Never! I place my flip flops beside the bed at night and even in the middle of the night I slip them on if I need to get up. I can't stand my feet touching the floor or ground.

I’m the exact opposite! I go barefoot every chance I get! :lol:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You collect teddy bears? Teddy bears have overrun our house! Hubby has an eBay teddy bear store (all inherited from my late mother who passed away before she could open a store). They are in two bedrooms, hubby's office, laundry room, and hallway bath. Here are Steiffs from Germany in one room.

20180325_174932.jpg

September_Blue

Rough_Rock
Premium
I’m a cake designer/ Baker but I can’t stand cake anymore. Seriously. The texture, sweetness, and everything about it makes me gag. My son and spouse are my taste testers now.

I won’t wear shorts. Cropped pants, shorter skirts, etc., totally fine. I hate shorts.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m the exact opposite! I go barefoot every chance I get! :lol:

Barefoot girl here too! It's me and a pumice stone all summer long! :mrgreen2:

This is a great thread. Love all of our idiosyncrasies!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of things right off the bat, I pretty much would rather be home than anywhere else. I only leave out of necessity, I'm not afraid of people or anything but I just like being home and everything I need is here so why go out?

Also socks must be worn at ALL times in the house, outside of the shower pretty much all the time, even in the summer, even when getting "busy" have to have socks on.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a cake designer/ Baker but I can’t stand cake anymore. Seriously. The texture, sweetness, and everything about it makes me gag. My son and spouse are my taste testers now.

I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!!! :lickout:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of things right off the bat, I pretty much would rather be home than anywhere else. I only leave out of necessity, I'm not afraid of people or anything but I just like being home and everything I need is here so why go out?

Also socks must be worn at ALL times in the house, outside of the shower pretty much all the time, even in the summer, even when getting "busy" have to have socks on.
Hmmmm, getting busy with socks on........sexy!!!!:lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 :twisted2:

I am the freakin epitome of sexy that's why I don't leave the house and wear socks constantly. To contain the overflow of sexy lol!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 :twisted2:

I am the freakin epitome of sexy that's why I don't leave the house and wear socks constantly. To contain the overflow of sexy lol!
You gotta leave the house to get to the thrift store, at least!
PS, I crochet my own slippers.....DH says they are super hot!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results