shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you do anything that might be considered "unconventional" ?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 this is true, of course if I am going to make the effort to leave I ask myself two questions:

Is this with putting a bra on for?
Is it worth having to wear pants?

Of course if I had some cozy handmade slippets that would further deter me from leaving. :P2

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 this is true, of course if I am going to make the effort to leave I ask myself two questions:

Of course if I had some cozy handmade slippets that would further deter me from leaving. :P2
What is going on over there, Stephanie? No bra, no pants, and just socks?
No wonder you're "busy"!:lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was hired in 82 and left in 92 to pursue a degree in motherhood :) I was never admonished about anything to do with my attire.. I dressed as I wanted, it was professional but off the mid bell curve. You're a guy it seems, and having a MBA would have put you more into corporate or perhaps one of the division or groups that dealt with money honey, we dealt in software development and service. Very young group, average age would have been about 25.

When I worked at ibm is was navy or gray suits. Summer it was kakhi or seersucker....my how things change. You would me admonished if your attire wasn't right...and I was an intern from a top MBA program!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my life is fairly ordinary, so my jewelry hobby is the thing that is most unconventional! I don't have time for anything else! I am kind of a homebody and most enjoy the beach and mountains for get-aways.

Your parasol idea is excellent, Missy! Awhile back I read about how bad many of the sunblocks are (in terms of ingredients), so I avoid them as much as possible. We always rent an umbrella and chairs when we go to the beach so I can enjoy it while being in the shade!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My standards this week have been more along the lines of is it worth wearing pants? Okay, but I'm not wearing a bra!

I'm happiest at home in tank tops or sweatshirts and sweatpants. Comfortable and functional.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess my most unconventional is that I get interested in something and jump in head first. I just started carrying a purse so now I have 10 or 12 of them. 5 just came this week from a charity auction.
Books? Yep! Working at setting up a library room that will double as a guest bedroom on the rare occasion someone stays over. Not sure how many scarves I have. They were my interest before purses.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t drink, ever. Tried it when I was 21. Got a bad headache. Slept for 6 hours. Didn’t like it. Never tried to “get used to it”. People would push me and it just turned me off even more. No one in my immediate family drinks. My DH doesn’t drink.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t drink, ever. Tried it when I was 21. Got a bad headache. Slept for 6 hours. Didn’t like it. Never tried to “get used to it”. People would push me and it just turned me off even more. No one in my immediate family drinks. My DH doesn’t drink.
I don't drink alcohol either. Wine makes me sick, and beer makes my heart race....weird, I know. Haven't had any alcohol in 15 years.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Y'all are totally normal!

-I only eat cereal in the bathroom
-I own hundreds of bottles of perfume
-I collect records, but never listen to any of them
-I have no social media accounts that aren't annonymous
-I have a small obsession with Elizabeth Taylor
-I don't wear or own anything blue
-virtually all my clothes and belongings are grey
-I only eat breakfast and lunch - never dinner

Those are a few quirks off the top of my head :oops2:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
This is fun Missy!

I eat leftovers for breakfast. Always have. No cereal or toast for me. Lasagna, hummus and veg, strir fry...you name it. Followed by a cup of the best quality coffee I can afford :razz:

You are such a smart dresser! The parasols are brilliant.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y'all are totally normal!

-I only eat cereal in the bathroom
-I own hundreds of bottles of perfume
-I collect records, but never listen to any of them
-I have no social media accounts that aren't annonymous
-I have a small obsession with Elizabeth Taylor
-I don't wear or own anything blue
-virtually all my clothes and belongings are grey
-I only eat breakfast and lunch - never dinner

Those are a few quirks off the top of my head :oops2:

Haha omg I love you.:mrgreen2:
So most everything I own is blue (a bit of an exaggeration but you get the drift) but I do own some grey as I love grey too (and black and red).
Most of my social media is NOT anonymous
I buy lots of stuff I never ever use (labels still on them)
and I am obsessed with Audrey Hepburn and a little in love with Katherine Hepburn.
And I usually eat a big lunch (breakfast is a banana and nuts) and have popcorn for dinner many nights or skip dinner entirely.
Oh and I own lots of perfume too (not as much as you though) but I mainly just wear a few of my favorites that I rotate. Yet I keep buying FBs. But I always go back to my few favorites.
Oh and we have record players in both homes and literally thousands of records but I cannot remember the last time we listened to any record despite the sound being so much better listening to records vs anything else.
And I never wear pants anymore only dresses. Mainly.
:oops2:

So though we are different we are similar.:P2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is fun Missy!

I eat leftovers for breakfast. Always have. No cereal or toast for me. Lasagna, hummus and veg, strir fry...you name it. Followed by a cup of the best quality coffee I can afford :razz:

You are such a smart dresser! The parasols are brilliant.

First of all yumm to your lasagna hummus and veg stir fry. And coffee. Can never have too much coffee. I wanna come over and eat your food.:lickout:

e1515738e134e96c4345cd43b45c6227.gif

And thank you! Feel free to copy me with the parasols or anything else! If it helps anyone save themselves from the damaging rays of the sun I would be so happy.

daneshpastry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Haha omg I love you.:mrgreen2:
So most everything I own is blue (a bit of an exaggeration but you get the drift) but I do own some grey as I love grey too (and black and red).
Most of my social media is NOT anonymous
I buy lots of stuff I never ever use (labels still on them)
and I am obsessed with Audrey Hepburn and a little in love with Katherine Hepburn.
And I usually eat a big lunch (breakfast is a banana and nuts) and have popcorn for dinner many nights or skip dinner entirely.
Oh and I own lots of perfume too (not as much as you though) but I mainly just wear a few of my favorites that I rotate. Yet I keep buying FBs. But I always go back to my few favorites.
Oh and we have record players in both homes and literally thousands of records but I cannot remember the last time we listened to any record despite the sound being so much better listening to records vs anything else.
And I never wear pants anymore only dresses. Mainly.
:oops2:

So though we are different we are similar.:P2

lol I don't think anything is really "unusual" anymore - not while there are shows on TLC with people eating drywall and what not.

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love this thread!

Here are some "weird" little tidbits:

1. I make mostly anything that I put on my skin on my own - lotions, cleansers, moisturizes, deodorant, etc. I even make my some of the hair products I use when I'm not feeling lazy.
2. I built a bar in my home just on a whim. No plans. Just saw some pictures on pinterest and went for it.
3. Most of my non clothes accessories are pink or hot pink but I never actually wear pink clothes. I hate them.
4. I will not wear shorts. Even to the beach. Long pants or long skirts/dresses for me! My legs haven't seen the light of day in years lol.
5. I'd say about a third of my closet is used for items that still have tags on them.
6. I will only go to a mall when forced. I never ever go out of free will. I absolutely loathe malls. Online shopping for me!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I probably have at least 80 pairs of shoes and probably the same amount of dresses :oops:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't drink alcohol either. Wine makes me sick, and beer makes my heart race....weird, I know. Haven't had any alcohol in 15 years.

I rarely drink. Because it generally disagrees with me but on a few occasions I do and only if I want to.
Good for you for being strong and not letting others influence you.
I think there are more of us who don't drink or rarely drink than we think.

Cheers (yummy mocktails)

mocktails.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I probably have at least 80 pairs of shoes and probably the same amount of dresses :oops:

Haha yes and I duplicate or triplicate (or more) the dresses and boots and shrugs I like. Don't ask how many suede boots I have in the same colors. :oops2:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread! @StephanieLynn, girl you are a crack up. Seriously, laughing my head off here.
I don’t leave the house much either and feel the same as you. Everything I need is here. Sometimes, I think that I should go out and do such and such and then I think about getting dressed and say Nah. I do get dressed and fully made up every day but I watch the clock until it’s jammie time. Jammie time is an official time at my house. Usually I am not dressed before noon and going out requires that I change from the comfiest to street clothes. Not worth it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol I don't think anything is really "unusual" anymore - not while there are shows on TLC with people eating drywall and what not.

Haha yes I agree. Being unusual is the new norm. No one is unique or unusual anymore. I am enjoying reading everyone's posts here!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of things right off the bat, I pretty much would rather be home than anywhere else. I only leave out of necessity, I'm not afraid of people or anything but I just like being home and everything I need is here so why go out?

Also socks must be worn at ALL times in the house, outside of the shower pretty much all the time, even in the summer, even when getting "busy" have to have socks on.

Same here! Definitely prefer to be home vs anywhere else. And prefer to be home in my sweats or my cotton comfy dresses that are like sweats really.
@StephanieLynn you're a girl after my own heart.

@stracci2000 yup definitely. It better be worth me putting a bra on or else I am not going anywhere.:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my life is fairly ordinary, so my jewelry hobby is the thing that is most unconventional! I don't have time for anything else! I am kind of a homebody and most enjoy the beach and mountains for get-aways.

Your parasol idea is excellent, Missy! Awhile back I read about how bad many of the sunblocks are (in terms of ingredients), so I avoid them as much as possible. We always rent an umbrella and chairs when we go to the beach so I can enjoy it while being in the shade!

Thank you @diamondseeker2006! Yes most sunscreens/sunblocks aren't that great though if you must wear one (and sometimes you must) I always choose the physical sunblock that contains Titanium dioxide and/or Zinc Oxide. Those are generally the best and safest. But I try to wear sun protective clothing if I am going to be out for a long time and a hat and a parasol but sometimes you just have to wear sunblock. I like the COTZ sunblock for sensitive skin.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never go barefoot. Never! I place my flip flops beside the bed at night and even in the middle of the night I slip them on if I need to get up. I can't stand my feet touching the floor or ground.

I’m the exact opposite! I go barefoot every chance I get! :lol:

Barefoot girl here too! It's me and a pumice stone all summer long! :mrgreen2:

This is a great thread. Love all of our idiosyncrasies!!

OK so I am both. How does that make sense you ask? Let me tell you.

I would prefer to be barefoot inside all the time if I could. BUT my dh doesnt want to make a no shoes rule in our homes so because others bring in dirt and germs and all that yucky stuff by wearing shoes I have to wear them to protect myself. But in the house I wear flip flops only for the house. One day I dream of being a no shoes allowed house and going barefoot and fancy free. One day my dream will come true I just know it will.

dreams.gif

tumblr_mj9tr3yPQx1qakh43o2_500.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread! @StephanieLynn, girl you are a crack up. Seriously, laughing my head off here.
I don’t leave the house much either and feel the same as you. Everything I need is here. Sometimes, I think that I should go out and do such and such and then I think about getting dressed and say Nah. I do get dressed and fully made up every day but I watch the clock until it’s jammie time. Jammie time is an official time at my house. Usually I am not dressed before noon and going out requires that I change from the comfiest to street clothes. Not worth it.

Yes exactly. The world is cold and harsh and home is safe and warm and comfy and everything we need is here. Kitties, loved ones, internet. If not for my dh I would become a hermit probably. :lol:

Unlike you though I rarely wear makeup even if I do go out and definitely never if I am staying home. See? I am really lazy compared to you. :cheeky:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything unconventional? Oh please. Hold my beer....

The first house my DH and I ever bought was very hot. And by hot, I don't mean sexy, I mean badly insulated, no fans, and no air conditioning. I would wake up in the middle of the night in a pool of sweat (every Australian can relate to this), boiling hot.

So - I'd get up, go get in my car (also no a/c) take off all my clothes, and drive round the back streets where I lived, with the windows down, till I'd cooled down. Then I'd come home and go back to bed. My friends and I used to call it naked driving. :) They laughed, too - until a couple of them tried it. The evaporation was the closest thing to a/c we had back then. Thankfully, I was never pulled over, but if I had been, I had a pre-decided order in which I planned to throw on my clothes! This was before cameras in cop cars, so my response was just going to be - "I'm sorry, Officer - I have no idea what you're talking about!"

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The first house my DH and I ever bought was very hot. And by hot, I don't mean sexy, I mean badly insulated, no fans, and no air conditioning. I would wake up in the middle of the night in a pool of sweat (every Australian can relate to this), boiling hot.

So - I'd get up, go get in my car (also no a/c) take off all my clothes, and drive round the back streets where I lived, with the windows down, till I'd cooled down. Then I'd come home and go back to bed. My friends and I used to call it naked driving. :) They laughed, too - until a couple of them tried it. The evaporation was the closest thing to a/c we had back then. Thankfully, I was never pulled over, but if I had been, I had a pre-decided on order in which I planned to throw on my clothes! This was before cameras in cop cars, so my response was just going to be - "I'm sorry, Officer - I have no idea what you're talking about!"

OMG!!!! Funniest thing I have ever read!!!! LMAO!!!!:lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So - I'd get up, go get in my car (also no a/c) take off all my clothes, and drive round the back streets where I lived, with the windows down, till I'd cooled down. Then I'd come home and go back to bed. My friends and I used to call it naked driving. :) They laughed, too - until a couple of them tried it. The evaporation was the closest thing to a/c we had back then. Thankfully, I was never pulled over, but if I had been, I had a pre-decided on order in which I planned to throw on my clothes! This was before cameras in cop cars, so my response was just going to be - "I'm sorry, Officer - I have no idea what you're talking about!"

OMG @mrs-b that is hysterical. What a visual. And I love that you had a line all ready and prepared. Definitely being prepared for all scenarios is key!
And your story reminds me of my dear friend S in the UK who has no air-conditioning in her home and there was one summer that was so hot she often just slept in her car with AC on...I always worried about her on those nights because that is so dangerous I think (sleeping with a running car and AC on in the car). :oops2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I still get journal subscriptions but I never take the plastic off let alone read them yet I cannot bring myself to just throw them away and unsubscribe. I can get these online too but for some reason I want the hard copy but then leave it in the plastic and never look at them. Just accumulate them. That is NOT normal. Help. :oops:

I swear I love the environment and usually do everything I can to help preserve it but this is a fault of mine. Getting subscriptions that I do not even read. :(

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG @mrs-b that is hysterical. What a visual. And I love that you had a line all ready and prepared. Definitely being prepared for all scenarios is key!
And your story reminds me of my dear friend S in the UK who has no air-conditioning in her home and there was one summer that was so hot she often just slept in her car with AC on...I always worried about her on those nights because that is so dangerous I think (sleeping with a running car and AC on in the car). :oops2:

I have to say, until you've woken up with a soaking wet pillow, you don't know what lengths a person will go to, to get cool.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say, until you've woken up with a soaking wet pillow, you don't know what lengths a person will go to, to get cool.

Very true @mrs-b. Very true. My friend S is wise and wonderful and I know she is driven to desperate measures when she resorts to sleeping in her car with the AC running. Everyone needs AC!

Here's another "unconventional" thing. Haha weird really but I much prefer the word unconventional. I have 4 cats. But I want more. I want them all. I see cats and dogs that desperately need loving homes and though I know we just cannot take more with our lifestyle back and forth between homes with everyone I just want to rescue them all. And I go on and on about it every time we visit the rescues. I am driving my poor dh batty. But I cannot help it. I want to save them all.

Who's with me?

savethemall.gif

savethemallplease.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results