shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you do anything that might be considered "unconventional" ?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just a normal everyday person!..:praise:

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Besides our bling obsession that is.:whistle::lol:

What might be considered odd by some people is that I use Parasols when it is sunny out and I don't want to wear sunblock or I want to keep the shade with me on very warm days.

Here is my latest Parasol purchase just yesterday afternoon.

missyandparasol.jpg

This reminds me of my grandmother. She had the most beautiful skin and took such care of it. She religiously stayed out of the sun or covered up when she did go out. When I was a kid she'd carry our beach umbrella from the house to the beach (2 blocks) OPEN like a huge parasol.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read pretty obsessively. I actually tracked it last year on Goodreads and I read 200 books in 2017, and it wasn't unusual.

I also have 7 cats.
I don't know how anyone has the time to read what works out as, what, a book every 1.8 days?!!

You must read quick!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read pretty obsessively. I actually tracked it last year on Goodreads and I read 200 books in 2017, and it wasn't unusual.

I also have 7 cats.

THERE YOU ARE!!!! xoxo:wavey:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything I do is unconventional. 3 examples:
Never been married, but I have at least one diamond of every shape except a Princess and an Octavia (still looking for those two).
Didn't get my driver's license until I was 55.
I do all of my yard work and gardening myself.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am loving all Pricescopers who are kitty lovers.:kiss2:
Between PSers maybe we *can* save them all...or at least as many as we can.

catsgilmoregirls.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

catsgilmoregirls.gif

I agree. I still have my ferals, I have my old ginger tom who's not doing well now but he became a house cat back in 2014 when he came home with a terrible abscess. We rushed him to the vet and had him castrated at the same time, he stayed in the house for nursing and decided he liked it.

I also found a pregnant Momma back in 2012, she gave birth to 5 beautiful kittens and guess what? We kept them!

I also found a feral 3 - 4 week old kitten in the stable yard still wobbly on her legs and yep.....That's our Tinkaboo!

We have two very elderly Persians and our two tamed ferals, Weedy and Mo.

We love kitties.:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. I still have my ferals, I have my old ginger tom who's not doing well now but he became a house cat back in 2014 when he came home with a terrible abscess. We rushed him to the vet and had him castrated at the same time, he stayed in the house for nursing and decided he liked it.

I also found a pregnant Momma back in 2012, she gave birth to 5 beautiful kittens and guess what? We kept them!

I also found a feral 3 - 4 week old kitten in the stable yard still wobbly on her legs and yep.....That's our Tinkaboo!

We have two very elderly Persians and our two tamed ferals, Weedy and Mo.

We love kitties.:love:

Awww how wonderful! Thank you Lorelei for saving the kitties and giving them a loving home! And that is a smart ginger who knew a good thing when he was given it. A nice warm safe loving home. I am so sorry he isn't doing well now and sending healing vibes and lots of good luck his way. And (((hugs))) to you for saving the cats.:kiss2:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww how wonderful! Thank you Lorelei for saving the kitties and giving them a loving home! And that is a smart ginger who knew a good thing when he was given it. A nice warm safe loving home. I am so sorry he isn't doing well now and sending healing vibes and lots of good luck his way. And (((hugs))) to you for saving the cats.:kiss2:

Thanks Missy, we just got his bloods back yesterday, his kidneys are going and he has possible heart failure so it's a matter of time, but when that time comes, he'll go to sleep in his own home with his Mum there with him.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy, we just got his bloods back yesterday, his kidneys are going and he has possible heart failure so it's a matter of time, but when that time comes, he'll go to sleep in his own home with his Mum there with him.
Oh no. Poor baby. Please keep us updated! I wish we could save all the kitties.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

catsgilmoregirls.gif
My particular weakness was orphaned kittens and special needs kittens, many of which I ended up falling in love and keeping of course. I actually have 2 I literally raised out of my desk drawer at work (I had a VERY understanding boss) :P2

Can't do much fostering now, too busy raising 2 young human children, but my life goal is to be able to foster orphaned kittens full time. So much fun and fulfilling, making sleepless nights worth while.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no. Poor baby. Please keep us updated! I wish we could save all the kitties.

I will Stracci. Poor love has an upper respiratory virus now, I think it's probable the vet brought something in when she came to take the bloods or his immune system is so shot now he's reacting to bacteria that normally wouldn't be an issue. He's on antibiotics and seems a bit better this morning, the discharge has dried up.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will Stracci. Poor love has an upper respiratory virus now, I think it's probable the vet brought something in when she came to take the bloods or his immune system is so shot now he's reacting to bacteria that normally wouldn't be an issue. He's on antibiotics and seems a bit better this morning, the discharge has dried up.

Oh my gosh I am so sorry Lorelei. I hope he recovers easily and starts feeling all better very soon. How awful that it came from the vet and though I know that she meant no harm she really should have been more meticulous. I hope you do share this with her just so she can be much more careful the next time she makes a home visit. More healing dust and good thoughts to your sweet dog and hugs to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My particular weakness was orphaned kittens and special needs kittens, many of which I ended up falling in love and keeping of course. I actually have 2 I literally raised out of my desk drawer at work (I had a VERY understanding boss) :P2

Can't do much fostering now, too busy raising 2 young human children, but my life goal is to be able to foster orphaned kittens full time. So much fun and fulfilling, making sleepless nights worth while.

That is a wonderful goal and thank you for all you do for the animals. It's heartbreaking work but it is so worthwhile. Thank you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh I am so sorry Lorelei. I hope he recovers easily and starts feeling all better very soon. How awful that it came from the vet and though I know that she meant no harm she really should have been more meticulous. I hope you do share this with her just so she can be much more careful the next time she makes a home visit. More healing dust and good thoughts to your sweet dog and hugs to you.

Thanks Missy!

The antibiotics have kicked in and he's not snuffly and his eyes have dried up this morning, that's the only way he could have picked up the infection or virus was through the vet or he reacted to some bacteria because of his weakened immune system.

He's eating well, he's on prescription renal wet food which he likes and Liquivite which is like a soup for cats for his Antirobe powder antibiotics, he adores Liquivite. I don't know if you can get it in the States but I always keep some in for sick cats, it's great stuff. They do a version for dogs too.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a wonderful goal and thank you for all you do for the animals. It's heartbreaking work but it is so worthwhile. Thank you!

Dittoed, you're wonderful BabyBlue.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My kitty developed an eye infection shortly after a vet visit.
This was a few weeks before we had to put him down.
He never before had an eye issue. It never occurred to me that he might have caught something at the vet's.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade

AND HERE YOU ARE!! @Lorelei

I've missed you! I say you on RT last month and was so excited, but March was an odd month and I don't like to post from my cell phone. :wavey:

How are you?

I am sorry your meow-kids are getting on. We've lost three in the last 3 years and it is so hard when our friends/kids leave us. ((HUGS))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AND HERE YOU ARE!! @Lorelei

I've missed you! I say you on RT last month and was so excited, but March was an odd month and I don't like to post from my cell phone. :wavey:

How are you?

I am sorry your meow-kids are getting on. We've lost three in the last 3 years and it is so hard when our friends/kids leave us. ((HUGS))

I'm good thanks, I missed you so much and our shared love for all things kitty!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear you lost furkids too, it's so so hard. My ginger kitty is hanging in there, now the antibiotics have given him diarrhoea so I'll have to rethink on that but he seems better, he's eating and still enjoys a fuss.

This cat just has the biggest, most magnificent heart. You know how it is, to us they're still babies and you look at them objectively and you can see the years catching up with them.....

:blackeye:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4102.PNG i guess people consider it unconventional I compete in figure(bodybuilding)

You look amazing!!!! That takes discipline and dedication, just wow!!!

What do you eat in a day?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All this kitty talk reminds me of our feral kitties at the beach. Some in action photos of them this winter.

Marching across the yard at night.

feralsmarchingacrossyardatnight.jpg.png feralscloser.jpg.png

and eating at the feeding station in the middle of the night. Their favorite time. Love our security night cameras.

feralscheckingeachotheroutatfeedingstation.jpg

Greeting each other in our backyard as dusk arrives one early (december) winter's day.

feralssayinghello.jpg

In our front yard hanging out near their shelters my dh built and/or retro fitted.

all3catshelterstogetherferalkittycondokittytubeandcatitat.jpg

3feralsindecember2017.jpg

Let's face facts. They own the place and we are merely sharing their space with them.

feralkittyonshelter.jpg

Why hello there sweetie. In our side yard. Looking so precious.

feralbabycloser.jpg

Feeding station my dh created that can hold 39 lbs of food. He has since upgraded it but I dont think I have any photos but the new feeder in the feeding station can hold up to double the amount of food. So over 70lbs I believe. Here was that one being built by my dh. In progress. It was finished before January and is now in the feeding station but I cannot find the photos right now.
feedingstation39lbs.jpeg

This new feeder is in the station above now.
newfeeder.jpg

Holds way more food so my dh only has to make the trip to the beach house once a week or so during the winter to fill the new feeder. Our feral population grows despite our best TNR efforts. So we try to keep up with them as best we can. It was a tough winter for them and I hope they got through it unscathed fingers crossed.

So while I don't really consider this unconventional per se I know some people do. It's funny what we consider "normal" that others go :o to.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All this kitty talk reminds me of our feral kitties at the beach. Some in action photos of them this winter.

and eating at the feeding station in the middle of the night. Their favorite time. Love our security night cameras.

Greeting each other in our backyard as dusk arrives one early (december) winter's day.

feralssayinghello.jpg

In our front yard hanging out near their shelters my dh built and/or retro fitted.

Let's face facts. They own the place and we are merely sharing their space with them.

feralkittyonshelter.jpg

feralbabycloser.jpg

Feeding station my dh created that can hold 39 lbs of food. He has since upgraded it but I dont think I have any photos but the new feeder in the feeding station can hold up to double the amount of food. So over 70lbs I believe. Here was that one being built by my dh. In progress. It was finished before January and is now in the feeding station but I cannot find the photos right now.
feedingstation39lbs.jpeg

newfeeder.jpg

Holds way more food so my dh only has to make the trip to the beach house once a week or so during the winter to fill the new feeder. Our feral population grows despite our best TNR efforts. So we try to keep up with them as best we can. It was a tough winter for them and I hope they got through it unscathed fingers crossed.

So while I don't really consider this unconventional per se I know some people do. It's funny what we consider "normal" that others go :o to.
Missy, you have a great big heart!
I love that you love the kitties!:love:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

feralssayinghello.jpg

feralkittyonshelter.jpg

feralbabycloser.jpg

feedingstation39lbs.jpeg

newfeeder.jpg

Bless you and your Hubby and thank you for taking care of these guys! They ask for so little, just a little protection and a bit of food. Indeed, we consider that totally normal and the right thing to do, well it is!:praise:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm good thanks, I missed you so much and our shared love for all things kitty!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear you lost furkids too, it's so so hard. My ginger kitty is hanging in there, now the antibiotics have given him diarrhoea so I'll have to rethink on that but he seems better, he's eating and still enjoys a fuss.

This cat just has the biggest, most magnificent heart. You know how it is, to us they're still babies and you look at them objectively and you can see the years catching up with them.....

:blackeye:
Yes, we can't see them aging and going downhill.
About 5 years ago, a friend was visiting and commented that our cat was looking old and skinny.
When you're with them everyday, you just don't see it. He died a few months later.
I hope your ginger kitty stays comfortable and happy. Give him lots of hugs and kisses!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bless you and your Hubby and thank you for taking care of these guys! They ask for so little, just a little protection and a bit of food. Indeed, we consider that totally normal and the right thing to do, well it is!:praise:

Missy, you have a great big heart!
I love that you love the kitties!:love:

Right back at the two of you. It is the right and normal thing to do I agree Lorelei! And you and Stracci are big hearted animal lovers too. Hugs to you both and your sweet fur babies. So sorry for your losses.:cry2:

Unite animal lovers and between us we can save them all one day.

savingoneanimal.jpeg

saveananimalmakeadifference.gif

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You look amazing!!!! That takes discipline and dedication, just wow!!!

What do you eat in a day?
Probably more than most people!! Im just starting my diet for a competition I have in the summer But basically lots of clean protein, starchy carbs like rice, oatmeal, yams and lots of veggies and good fats like nut butters, flax oil, coconut oil etc. Its only close to show that you start to cut back the carbs and its a gradual process Usually 16 weeks of dieting for a show

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably more than most people!! Im just starting my diet for a competition I have in the summer But basically lots of clean protein, starchy carbs like rice, oatmeal, yams and lots of veggies and good fats like nut butters, flax oil, coconut oil etc. Its only close to show that you start to cut back the carbs and its a gradual process Usually 16 weeks of dieting for a show

That must be rough with cutting back the carbs, I love bread so much.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results