shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you do anything that might be considered "unconventional" ?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
let's see:

I'm a woman, married to a woman. Not unconventional where I live (CA), but unconventional in other places probably.

I have my own bedroom, that I go to to sleep in. Because she snores like a wildebeest and a tired me is an ANGRY me.

I collect lipsticks. (which is stupid, I have one pair of lips)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't use any form of social media.

I choose routes and shops that don't have ANPR cameras recording my every car trip, even if to do so takes longer.

I run old cars that don't have built-in GPS tracking or bluetooth.

I run old mobile phones that don't have non-switchable built-in GPS tracking.

I pay cash for as much as I possibly can.

I don't knowingly eat fish from the Pacific Ocean since the Fukushima nuclear accident.

If everyone else is doing something or following a 'trend', I will deliberately do something else.

My underpants have to match or coordinate with or complement at least one other thing I'm wearing.

I like to holiday where my only tan lines will be from my watch and wedding ring. ;))

I'm a guy on a diamond and jewellery forum :lol:

Last edited:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't use any form of social media.

I choose routes and shops that don't have ANPR cameras recording my every car trip, even if to do so takes longer.

I run old cars that don't have built-in GPS tracking or bluetooth.

I run old mobile phones that don't have non-switchable built-in GPS tracking.

I pay cash for as much as I possibly can.

I don't knowingly eat fish from the Pacific Ocean since the Fukushima nuclear accident.

If everyone else is doing something or following a 'trend', I will deliberately do something else.

My underpants have to match or coordinate with or complement at least one other thing I'm wearing.

I'm a guy on a diamond and jewellery forum :lol:

That's awesome! !!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is fun Missy!

I eat leftovers for breakfast. Always have. No cereal or toast for me. Lasagna, hummus and veg, strir fry...you name it. Followed by a cup of the best quality coffee I can afford :razz:

You are such a smart dresser! The parasols are brilliant.

Wait... That is unconventional?!? I love leftovers for breakfast!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came up with a few more now that you all know way too much about my house dressing habits lol!

I only floss in the shower and only with flossers never dental floss

Iced coffee has to be the darkest roast they offer and black

Wearing a hat indoors in the winter, no rhyme or reason to this although the cat has started chewing on my hair at night so the hat is a deterrent.

Sometime I speak in a British accent while running errands, the people who work at Costco actually asked me where I was from since I kept this up for so long.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone cares about convention?

Who knew?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

September_Blue

Rough_Rock
Premium
My husband mentioned a few more of my oddities.

I sleep with one sock and it’s on my left foot.
I will never eat leftovers.
I won’t eat food cooked/heated in a microwave.
Doing laundry is soothing to me.

I’m sure there’s more.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@OoohShiny - if you're vacationing at the sort of place where you can get away with your only tan lines being from your watch and your wedding ring....why do you need the watch??
haha!

It's a long-term personal experiment into the effects of sun exposure - I always wear a watch because I want to see if that part of my skin is less wrinkly when I'm old because it's never tanned :lol: LOL

Perhaps I should add that to my list :D

It's also useful in telling me when one side is 'done' and I need to turn over lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha!

It's a long-term personal experiment into the effects of sun exposure - I always wear a watch because I want to see if that part of my skin is less wrinkly when I'm old because it's never tanned :lol: LOL

Perhaps I should add that to my list :D

It's also useful in telling me when one side is 'done' and I need to turn over lol

Yes but remember different parts of our body are more prone to wrinkling than other parts so it is not a direct apples to apples comparison. For example skin on the neck is more fragile than wrist skin.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes but remember different parts of our body are more prone to wrinkling than other parts so it is not a direct apples to apples comparison. For example skin on the neck is more fragile than wrist skin.
I thought you were going to mention something else then ;)) :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have only 4 pairs of shoes?:eek2: I have an unusual piering (daith). I play video games. Had to give up World of Warcraft, but now I play Minecraft. I think I'm pretty boring.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a pretty conventional life at the moment, but for years I spent hours in a freezing cold building running around with knives on my feet. And I did it at 6am. Unconventional? Maybe. Weird? Definitely.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm let’s see:
I love coffee but don’t like espresso and find coffee after 2pm makes me feel queasy regardless of whether it’s the first one of the day or the third; I loathe cereal and standard breakfast foods and usually only eat 2 meals a day; my DH is 13 years younger than me and we met through a sport we’re both still involved in, fencing; I have 8 piercings in/on my head. I used to have another 17 (most not in my head); I have two scarification pieces and one tattoo.
I’ve had a (partial) knee replacement already and I’m only 41; this is the first year in 15 years at the same company that I’ve had a manager in the same city as me and the rest of the team I manage is in 5 different locations and 2 time zones.
I suspect most people would be able to find any number of unconventional things about themselves but I must admit, once you write it down, it certainly looks odd! :lol-2:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pathetically normal, but I do walk a block to the barn every morning in pjs, a bathrobe and knee high rain boots. And although I have quite a few chickens in the yard, there is one named Dot who sleeps in the house with the cat at night. But that's Dot being unconventional, not me!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pathetically normal, but I do walk a block to the barn every morning in pjs, a bathrobe and knee high rain boots. And although I have quite a few chickens in the yard, there is one named Dot who sleeps in the house with the cat at night. But that's Dot being unconventional, not me!

Well I think you are unconventionally WONDERFUL so there's that you know. Not so common these days. A genuinely lovely person and wonderful human being. :appl:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t drink, ever. Tried it when I was 21. Got a bad headache. Slept for 6 hours. Didn’t like it. Never tried to “get used to it”. People would push me and it just turned me off even more. No one in my immediate family drinks. My DH doesn’t drink.

I'm like this. If I have a drink I get a stomach ache, and after that I just want to lie down. I don't like the taste of any kind of alcohol anyway. Wine tastes sour and hard alcohol tastes like medicine. I'd rather spend my calories on dessert.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I guess my most unconventional is that I get interested in something and jump in head first. I just started carrying a purse so now I have 10 or 12 of them. 5 just came this week from a charity auction.
Books? Yep! Working at setting up a library room that will double as a guest bedroom on the rare occasion someone stays over. Not sure how many scarves I have. They were my interest before purses.
I do something similar, altho my problem seems to be more about obsession with buying and collecting. I usually get super into things for about a year or so then sell off everything to move onto something else. So far I've gone through gemstones, various dolls (my last was collecting & refurbishing American Girl dolls), LV bags, JuJuBe diaper bags, etc. I still have about 10 AG dolls in the attic & 2 giant boxes of diaper bags & accessories I never even opened... o_O

I eat leftovers for breakfast. Always have. No cereal or toast for me. Lasagna, hummus and veg, strir fry...you name it. Followed by a cup of the best quality coffee I can afford :razz:
I don't do this but I SHOULD! I love the idea of lasagna & coffee for breakfast! :kiss2:

I'm a painfully ordinary person overall, introverted, married, 2 kids, lives in a suburb, drives a minivan... you get the picture. Which may be why people are always surprised when they find out I have 7 cats (used to be an even dozen when I used to foster orphaned kittens). I always say I'm actually your stereotypical "crazy cat lady", Hubby & kids are just my disguises :P2

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t drink, ever. Tried it when I was 21. Got a bad headache. Slept for 6 hours. Didn’t like it. Never tried to “get used to it”. People would push me and it just turned me off even more. No one in my immediate family drinks. My DH doesn’t drink.
Sounds like my experience with alcohol. I don't drink either, ever. Don't like the taste or the feeling afterwards.

I'm American but a TOTAL Anglophile and love everything British. I dream of moving to London, but I hate rain that probably won't work. :P2 I also did the fake British accent thing, back in college, but that was more for kicks.

I HATE lotion on the palm of my hands. When I apply lotion on my hands, I only use the back of my hands. When I apply lotion to the rest of my body, I wash my hands afterwards. :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am easily recognised by my car's unconventional colours which is red and lime green.
DK :mrgreen2:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t chew gum in public -ever-
I don’t like frosting on anything - cakes cookies ect. I scrape it all off. Granted I am very picky about what food I will eat in general.
I havn’t bowled in ages, but the weirdest thing about me is probably how I bowl. It drives my kids nuts.
I will get my ball when it is my turn, I walk up and let it go so it can roll down the lane. As soon as I let the ball go, I always have turned around immediately and walk back without looking to see what happened. My kids watch to see where the ball goes. They act like if they root for the ball it might knock down more pins.o_O I find it odd that they somehow think that watching / being anxious over where it ends up will somehow affect the outcome.
:roll2:

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I read pretty obsessively. I actually tracked it last year on Goodreads and I read 200 books in 2017, and it wasn't unusual.

I also have 7 cats.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results