shape
carat
color
clarity

Did Tiffany & Co. stop making the Schlumberger Egg??

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Looks like it. It says medium links so it has to be. Wonder y its a tad cheaper?? Their website is so weird and its hard to search, right?

Yes, I agree. It makes no sense why the price of the chain is less than it is in the old catalog. But, I'll admit I'm happy it is less. ;)2

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Wow i wish i had this problem!!! Do you have it narrowed to 2 or do you like all three?

No, I only got the first two. I don't like the shape of the third one.
They're tiny.... I wish they were bigger. They only look big in the pictures.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh - they are gorgeous and so different!!! :kiss2: Geez, I don't know how I'd choose! Can you put them on one at a time and stand back and see what you think in the mirror? Are you more drawn to the color of one of the eggs?

nkc

Shiny_Rock
The light one is closer to the color of Chopard heart bracelet. I like the bracelet but I feel it is for under 25 years old.

I'm told the darker one would match Tiffany Elsa Peretti DBTY turquoise earrings and probably other jewelry brands.

None of them is ugly in person. They're both pretty but I still cannot decide.

11-07-FB00-Happy_Diamonds-1000x1000.jpg

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I want one now. :???:

I really liked the way they looked on the SA's neck. They are the perfect size. Uggh. Like I need another piece of jewelry on my wish list.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I finally tried them on last night. I'm starting to like the darker one but still have not decided.
They are just too tiny but I'm still going to keep one. I think I would prefer the larger size that they call "charm" paired with a Schlumberger chain. Now that I've seen how small the pendant is, I agree with meesmom that the medium chain would be the best choice.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I finally tried them on last night. I'm starting to like the darker one but still have not decided.
They are just too tiny but I'm still going to keep one. I think I would prefer the larger size that they call "charm" paired with a Schlumberger chain. Now that I've seen how small the pendant is, I agree with meesmom that the medium chain would be the best choice.

I agree on the darker one, as long as it looks good with your coloring, if for no other reason but that i think its unique and you will never find another like it.
Do they even make the charm one anymore? When i bought years ago they still had it in amythyst and turquoise, but i think that was it. I would stick with the pendant size, the charm was huge imo. I think the small one is more versatile, and on the medium chain it will go with anything and look super classy!!

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
If you are looking for an egg that is slightly larger, there are a few Faberge egg pendants for sale right now at The Real Real that are over an inch and they are a really good bargain for Faberge. If I remember correctly, they are in the $2-3.5K range.

I personally really like the size of your Tiffany egg.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I agree on the darker one, as long as it looks good with your coloring, if for no other reason but that i think its unique and you will never find another like it.
Do they even make the charm one anymore? When i bought years ago they still had it in amythyst and turquoise, but i think that was it. I would stick with the pendant size, the charm was huge imo. I think the small one is more versatile, and on the medium chain it will go with anything and look super classy!!

No colored stone charms are available anymore. I think the diamond charm is available but I don't like it.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I received this e-mail from the SA today... No, I don't plan on buying it :lol: but just wanted to share.

Capture.JPG

So pretty! I could never pull it off tho, lol. :lol:

Reactions: nkc

nkc

Shiny_Rock
I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time or asking too many questions. I found light spots on the turquoise that I'm not happy about. I asked the SA before making my purchase if the color is even and they told me it is. When I saw the light spots yesterday, I reached out to ask if I can get an egg with an even color but I got the sales pitch about the exceptional quality of Tiffany's turquoise and diamonds. Does this look to you like exceptional quality? What would you do?
20201204_150827.jpg

Last edited:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time or asking too many questions. I found light spots on the turquoise that I'm not happy about. I asked the SA before making my purchase if the color is even and they told me it is. When I saw the light spots yesterday, I reached out to ask if I can get an egg with an even color but I got the sales pitch about the exceptional quality of Tiffany's turquoise and diamonds. Does this look to you like exceptional quality? What would you do?
20201204_150827.jpg

Oh no, please dont feel that way. I wish i had this place when i was buying mine. As as many questions (of me, anyway) as you like! :)
I went thru the same thing. When i was returning mine for the shape not being eggy enough for me, the sales associate looked at me like i was nuts. But at this price point, i think perfection (at least in they buyers eyes) is required.
That said, i cant see the spots you are speaking of, but my eyes are not the best. Are they pinpoint spots or larger patches? I did see lighter pinpoints on at least one of the eggs i had. I never got far enough in my thoughts to see if it bothered me, bc it was shaped like a river rock. My lapis stone has a lot of light and darker spots, but that is indicative of the stone.
Are the spots only on one of the eggs? If not, is the other one still a contender?

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Oh no, please dont feel that way. I wish i had this place when i was buying mine. As as many questions (of me, anyway) as you like! :)
I went thru the same thing. When i was returning mine for the shape not being eggy enough for me, the sales associate looked at me like i was nuts. But at this price point, i think perfection (at least in they buyers eyes) is required.
That said, i cant see the spots you are speaking of, but my eyes are not the best. Are they pinpoint spots or larger patches? I did see lighter pinpoints on at least one of the eggs i had. I never got far enough in my thoughts to see if it bothered me, bc it was shaped like a river rock. My lapis stone has a lot of light and darker spots, but that is indicative of the stone.
Are the spots only on one of the eggs? If not, is the other one still a contender?

I tried to mark them in the pic below. They are more obvious in day light than the pic.

1607438062597.png

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to mark them in the pic below. They are more obvious in day light than the pic.

1607438062597.png

Ok i see it. It looks like a natural variation, and reminds me of a smiley face!:)
Im not sure if it would bother me, if all else was up to my standards. Is it a deal breaker for you?

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Ok i see it. It looks like a natural variation, and reminds me of a smiley face!:)
Im not sure if it would bother me, if all else was up to my standards. Is it a deal breaker for you?

I don't know. I wanted to know what you all think and if this is expected or acceptable. What bothers me is that I asked them to look it over and ensure no spots before sending to me and they told me that the color was even. I'm thinking about getting a third one and picking the one that looks best. I have no way of knowing if the third one will be the right color, shape, etc. May be a perfect egg like the one in the add I posted earlier does not exist.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know. I wanted to know what you all think and if this is expected or acceptable. What bothers me is that I asked them to look it over and ensure no spots before sending to me and they told me that the color was even. I'm thinking about getting a third one and picking the one that looks best. I have no way of knowing if the third one will be the right color, shape, etc. May be a perfect egg like the one in the add I posted earlier does not exist.

If anyone understands how you feel, it me, unfortunately. Buying jewelry should be fun. I did not have fun buying an egg, until i found the one that sang to me. If the color is unacceptable, i would try to find another.
As to whether it would be acceptable to me? Probably. My big thing was shape. I honestly prob wouldnt have even noticed the white patches until i was cleaning it or something. I still am noticing color variations in my lapis one to this day! But it is a perfect egg shape, so i continue to be very happy with it. But if the white spots will bother you, please dont spend almost 2k on it. I say keep looking. Your egg may still be out there. ;-)

nkc

Shiny_Rock
If anyone understands how you feel, it me, unfortunately. Buying jewelry should be fun. I did not have fun buying an egg, until i found the one that sang to me. If the color is unacceptable, i would try to find another.
As to whether it would be acceptable to me? Probably. My big thing was shape. I honestly prob wouldnt have even noticed the white patches until i was cleaning it or something. I still am noticing color variations in my lapis one to this day! But it is a perfect egg shape, so i continue to be very happy with it. But if the white spots will bother you, please dont spend almost 2k on it. I say keep looking. Your egg may still be out there. ;-)

I'm glad someone understand how I feel. What you said is very helpful. Maybe I should focus on the shape since the little variations are only visible in daylight and only if you look for them. I might still get a third one and try to pick the best. If I do, I will post a picture and ask you for help.:D I hope you don't mind.
Actually it is $2100 plus tax... and I will need to buy an additional chain when I'm ready to wear it. I don't know if I will ever wear it since I don't wear yellow gold but something about the egg makes me feel I want to buy one before they're all gone.
I wonder if VCA turquoise has variations in color too. VCA turquoise pieces look perfect in the pictures but so is Tiffany's egg.

Last edited:

southernicetea

Shiny_Rock
I'm glad someone understand how I feel. What you said is very helpful. Maybe I should focus on the shape since the little variations are only visible in daylight and only if you look for them. I might still get a third one and try to pick the best. If I do, I will post a picture and ask you for help.:D I hope you don't mind.
Actually it is $2100 plus tax... and I will need to buy an additional chain when I'm ready to wear it. I don't know if I will ever wear it since I don't wear yellow gold but something about the egg makes me feel I want to buy one before they're all gone.
I wonder if VCA turquoise has variations in color too. It looks perfect in the pictures but so is Tiffany's egg.

I love the variations in color. I was actually disappointed that my local store's eggs were homogenous in color because I want proof that it came from a solid piece of turquoise. Not that I think Tiffany would sell such a piece, but I wouldn't want an egg made of re-constituted ground turquoise and glue.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results