shape
carat
color
clarity

Deciding on a Budget

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never gave any thought to a moissanite and don't know much about them other than they are lab created. However, it's probably the only way I can afford an antique cushion cut, so I'll see what my husband says (probably a no, it's not special enough).

You should definitely do what is right for you and your situation; however, based on your initial post and the fact you have lived without a natural mined diamond all these years, I read that aspect was important to you and I personally wouldn't veer from that.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
You should definitely do what is right for you and your situation; however, based on your initial post and the fact you have lived without a natural mined diamond all these years, I read that aspect was important to you and I personally wouldn't veer from that.

I asked about the moissanite and it was a no anyway. I know "it's my ring" but my husband and I don't work like that. He's already vetoed oval diamonds and a setting I liked with marquise sides, and I'm fine with him having input.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have decided what I want: a cushion with half moon sides. Finding it is another matter. To those who said pricescope could help, should I continue in this thread or start a new one?

So excited you made a decision on the style you want. Have you also concluded a color, clarity and carat range?

And have you set a maximum dollar budget?

Lastly, I would start a new thread and I would throw up an inspiration picture of what you are hoping to achieve.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll also suggest you put an upper and lower budget, so that PSers have a clue. Even if it’s like, under $60,000 and over $10,000. That, an inspiration pic, and the knowledge that you prefer higher colour - that will be a great start :)

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
39BC830E-C681-4D5A-88D4-AA9A9291287B.jpeg
@vintageloves I saw this on Pinterest today and thought of you. =)2
I know you don’t want sapphire but the style perhaps.

Stunning! I'd take that even with the sapphire! :kiss2:

I wound up speaking WAY too soon, though. Literally ten minutes after I made my last post a house we missed out on came back on the market and we put in an offer! We're still waiting to hear because it went into a bidding war. If we get it, it's going to be a loooong time before we have money for diamonds.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning! I'd take that even with the sapphire! :kiss2:

I wound up speaking WAY too soon, though. Literally ten minutes after I made my last post a house we missed out on came back on the market and we put in an offer! We're still waiting to hear because it went into a bidding war. If we get it, it's going to be a loooong time before we have money for diamonds.
Oooh, exciting! Good luck!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results