shape
carat
color
clarity

Debate the VP DEBATE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:16:07 PM
Author: EBree
Date: 10/2/2008 11:13:23 PM

Author: TravelingGal

Now we can focus on the rest of the presidential debates and she can avoid Katie Couric for a few more weeks.
41.gif

Katie and her evil trapdoor questions.
11.gif
9.gif

Hahaha-she''s such a tough interviewer!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
"I''d like to dial a friend"

"Who shall we call?"

"I want to call John McCain"
23.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:19:57 PM
Author: purrfectpear
''I''d like to dial a friend''

''Who shall we call?''

''I want to call John McCain''
23.gif

(sshh, don''t tell anyone, but she really called Biden)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Anderson Cooper is deliciously good-looking.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:15:42 PM
Author: MoonWater
Date: 10/2/2008 11:09:43 PM

Author: SarahLovesJS

Thing - me being educated is very scary to people who expect all leaning conservative people to be uneducated and start attacking on that. I get stereotyped very often. There''s your answer. Keep thinking it''s my fault. Keep thinking it''s allllll me and enjoy it. Tgal (ref) and Irish (lovely thread starter) - sorry for any negativity I kept going, I apologize for that as that was not the intention of this thread. And since it seems Thing and I can''t stand to be in the same place as each other (which I know she will blame on me and others will agree with) I will actually step out now since it''s all silly anyway. Aside from that, I do agree with you on one thing Moon, this would clearly go on forever.

So anyway sorry for the delay in my reply - I wanted to choose my words carefully and I had fun y''all! :) I''ll talk to you all later, hope you have a good night!
35.gif
5.gif

I think often times people who are insulted or picked on outside of these boards bring it in here and assume posters are doing the same. I saw nothing in Thing''s response to you that indicated that she thought you were some typical uneducated conservative (or whatever stereotype). So that''s unfair. I do believe that because you are picked on you are hypersensitive when you get into these discussions. I don''t get the impression that Thing can''t stand you, I get the feeling that she''s passionate about her beliefs and wants to understand the opposing view. She comes off strongly but so do a lot of other people (not just Dems). You can always ignore her if you really think her intention is to personally insult you. However, I don''t think that''s it at all.

Thanks for the back up, Moon! You explained me quite well!

E B

Ideal_Rock
CNN/Opinion Research Poll:

51% Biden
36% Palin

Source: My TV screen!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:22:05 PM

Oh and how! Mmhmm!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I have the same man-crush. He''s yummy all right.
31.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

Ahem, are you checking out *my* man?

(shh, don''t tell FI)

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:22:49 PM
Author: thing2of2

Thing - me being educated is very scary to people who expect all leaning conservative people to be uneducated and start attacking on that. I get stereotyped very often. There''s your answer. Keep thinking it''s my fault. Keep thinking it''s allllll me and enjoy it. Tgal (ref) and Irish (lovely thread starter) - sorry for any negativity I kept going, I apologize for that as that was not the intention of this thread. And since it seems Thing and I can''t stand to be in the same place as each other (which I know she will blame on me and others will agree with) I will actually step out now since it''s all silly anyway. Aside from that, I do agree with you on one thing Moon, this would clearly go on forever.

So anyway sorry for the delay in my reply - I wanted to choose my words carefully and I had fun y''all! :) I''ll talk to you all later, hope you have a good night!
35.gif
5.gif

I think often times people who are insulted or picked on outside of these boards bring it in here and assume posters are doing the same. I saw nothing in Thing''s response to you that indicated that she thought you were some typical uneducated conservative (or whatever stereotype). So that''s unfair. I do believe that because you are picked on you are hypersensitive when you get into these discussions. I don''t get the impression that Thing can''t stand you, I get the feeling that she''s passionate about her beliefs and wants to understand the opposing view. She comes off strongly but so do a lot of other people (not just Dems). You can always ignore her if you really think her intention is to personally insult you. However, I don''t think that''s it at all.

No problem. I can imagine that you and I could get into some heated debate from opposing sides and actually have drinks afterwards. Have you heard of Q-TIP
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
He''s the only reason I watch CNN religiously. (CNN as organized religion! Who knew!)

His silver fox hair and those baby blues....sigh....

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:26:46 PM
Author: FrekeChild

He''s the only reason I watch CNN religiously. (CNN as organized religion! Who knew!)

LOL, alright, too many of you ladies are after my man. FI remembers him from TV One.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:25:17 PM

35.gif
5.gif

No problem. I can imagine that you and I could get into some heated debate from opposing sides and actually have drinks afterwards. Have you heard of Q-TIP
2.gif

We totally could!

Now, Q-TIP as in the rapper? I don''t think I get it!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ladies for the record:

Racism, by its simplest definition, is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Redneck refers to a stereotype of usually rural, Caucasian (i.e. white) people of lower socio-economic status in the United States and Canada. Originally limited to the Appalachians, and later the South, the Ozarks, the Great Plains and the Rocky Mountains, this stereotype is now widespread throughout North America.

I used wikipedia as my source.

So yes, you can be racist towards white people and white people can suffer from racism as much as anyone else, IMHO.

And since I am the ref tonight I''ll just say this: Sarah, I don''t think T2of2 meant to offend you. On the flip side, T2of2, I can understand why you and Sarah got off on the wrong foot. Your inquiry back when about her being "rabidly conservative" made me raise an eyebrow, and it wasn''t even directed at me.

I''m taking off my black and whites now...since I am neither black nor white nor whatever derrogatory word you wanna use.
5.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:27:39 PM

LOL, alright, too many of you ladies are after my man. FI remembers him from TV One.
My heart goes pitter-patter when he wears a blue shirt or tie....

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:28:43 PM
Date: 10/2/2008 11:25:17 PM

35.gif
5.gif

2.gif

We totally could!

Now, Q-TIP as in the rapper? I don''t think I get it!

Hahaha, Bonita Applebum...oh wait, no QuitTakingItPersonally. It''s a technique in stress management. You can avoid unnecessary hurt feelings in many situations.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:31:24 PM
Date: 10/2/2008 11:27:39 PM

My heart goes pitter-patter when he wears a blue shirt or tie....

He does look good in blue.
30.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:33:14 PM

30.gif

Oh yeah.

andersoncooperisgorgeous.jpg

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
omg, i was not expecting that...

30.gif
3.gif
30.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:36:15 PM

30.gif

Oh yeah.
Meh.

Now that O''Reilly. HE''S hot stuff!

41.gif
3.gif
12.gif
12.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You owe me a new computer!

....further soaking laptop in drool.....

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:38:10 PM

Meh.

Now that O'Reilly. HE'S hot stuff!

41.gif
3.gif
12.gif
12.gif

LOL! Eww. Have you seen his "Eff it, we'll do it live!" dance remix video?

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

30.gif

Oh yeah.

Meh.

41.gif
3.gif
12.gif
12.gif

Oh T-Gal, please, please, I am begging you, please tell me you''re joking. I will cry otherwise.
39.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:39:32 PM

Meh.

41.gif
3.gif
12.gif
12.gif

LOL! Eww. Have you seen his ''Eff it, we''ll do it live!'' dance remix video?
No....I live under a rock most days.
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:40:12 PM

30.gif

Oh yeah.

Meh.

41.gif
3.gif
12.gif
12.gif

Oh T-Gal, please, please, I am begging you, please tell me you''re joking. I will cry otherwise.
39.gif
Oh you democrats have NO sense of humor. Hee.
41.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t joined these threads because I''ve had to watch both debates about an hour after they started, but I just wanted to say how much I''ve enjoyed reading this thread and the last one, even if after the fact. Thanks, ladies! I hope I can join in on the 7th!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:40:59 PM
Date: 10/2/2008 11:40:12 PM

30.gif

Oh yeah.

Meh.

Now that O'Reilly. HE'S hot stuff!

41.gif
3.gif
12.gif
12.gif

Oh T-Gal, please, please, I am begging you, please tell me you're joking. I will cry otherwise.
39.gif

Oh you democrats have NO sense of humor. Hee.
41.gif

b-b-but, you joked about O'Reilly being hot...I mean...that's just...that's not funny! I take that very seriously! I though we needed to have you placed in one of those nice padded rooms.
32.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:30:03 PM
Ladies for the record:

Racism, by its simplest definition, is the belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Redneck refers to a stereotype of usually rural, Caucasian (i.e. white) people of lower socio-economic status in the United States and Canada. Originally limited to the Appalachians, and later the South, the Ozarks, the Great Plains and the Rocky Mountains, this stereotype is now widespread throughout North America.

I used wikipedia as my source.

So yes, you can be racist towards white people and white people can suffer from racism as much as anyone else, IMHO.

And since I am the ref tonight I''ll just say this: Sarah, I don''t think T2of2 meant to offend you. On the flip side, T2of2, I can understand why you and Sarah got off on the wrong foot. Your inquiry back when about her being ''rabidly conservative'' made me raise an eyebrow, and it wasn''t even directed at me.

I''m taking off my black and whites now...since I am neither black nor white nor whatever derrogatory word you wanna use.
5.gif

The more involved, academic definition of racism states that power is a key component. I''m too lazy to bust out a textbook, but that''s pretty well-known.

As for redneck, I''m not sure when that became a racial slur. That''s kind of ridiculous. Where I''m from, it describes the country, hunting, beer-drinking population. And yes, I really do know African-American rednecks-I''m not making that one up for the sake of argument!

I think a person in a minority group can certainly have negative feelings towards the majority group. But that doesn''t mean the majority is discriminated against in any real way. I mean, truly, you think white people suffer from racism as much as anyone else? That''s really just absurd.

As for my rabidly conservative comment, I was really just interested in why Sarah was so conservative. I explained to her in a subsequent post that I didn''t mean any offense, but I was just plain curious. If she wants to take that comment personally and apply it to every other post I make, that''s her problem, not mine.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

30.gif

Oh yeah.

Sweet sassy molassey. That''s nice!

Now back up off my man!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock

30.gif

Oh yeah.
Be still my beating heart Hoola!
Just out of interest the Aussie papers are calling it "Palin stands up well against Biden"
40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results