shape
carat
color
clarity

Debate the VP DEBATE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 1:09:36 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 10/5/2008 9:35:41 AM
Author: fisherofmengirly

Date: 10/3/2008 7:55:28 PM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 10/3/2008 7:33:29 PM
Author: Allisonfaye
I just don''t get, at this point, how there can even be any undecideds. What do you think is going to change? If you don''t know what these people are all about by now, you are living under a rock.

Scary thought: President Palin

If that doesn''t shove you over the edge, I don''t know what will.
I am undecided not because I believe anything is going to change, but because the idea of voting for the lesser of two evils as opposed to voting because I stand behind what a candidate believes is quite frustrating. I certainly don''t live under a rock, I am well-informed, I know what the candidates stand for, it''s just that neither represents what I want in a president and I don''t think watching a debate will change that for me. I have always been registered ''Decline to state'' because I sit somewhere in between the ideas and ideals of both political parties. It''s a rather frustrating place to be.
So true, Kimberly.

There are many, many people that either of the two ''main'' parties consider up for grabs at this point. The thing is, though, as long as our country remains locked into voting either of the two ''big ticket'' contenders, there won''t be much changes, I''m convinced. That''s why this election year was so interesting in the beginning, because a few of the ''other parties'' had some serious support. But like in the past, it fizzled out and now people think they have to vote one way or the other, for the ''lesser of two evils.''

My husband and I go back and forth on this issue, because I still tend to see any vote NOT for one of the two top contenders as a vote just not made, while he states that you have to vote your conscious, and if either of us did that, it couldn''t be for either of the top two contenders. So, I guess it just depends how many of the ''sway'' voters end up ultimately choosing a side of the ''less evil'' or if they choose to vote who they''d wanted to begin with.

Would it be enough to get that person elected? Most probably not. But would it be enough to shake up the politics that are corrupt around here? I should think so! IF there was an outpouring of people no longer sticking to party lines and instead voting based on information (and not a person''s accent, for heaven''s sake!!), it would seriously shake up things in DC. And it would be a lot more like what those who formed our nation had in mind when they created this awesome country.
My belief, based on my experiences in my personal and professional life, is that the 10% far left and 10% far right who have the time and the resources to affect change are the people who rule this country. The rest of us, who sit somewhere in the middle of the bell curve, go about our daily lives, working, taking care of families, etc. and feeling unsure as to how we can make real change and elect a president, a congress, a state and local government, who truly represent most of us. If we examine ideals at a base level we all want many of the same things: those who need care to recieve it, successful businesses that create jobs, a sense of security (i.e. that this country and our communities are safe places to live), forward progress in science and technology, etc. I think the party lines are so fierce that we as a society often forget that when it comes down to it we do all want what is best for our families, our friends, our neighbors, even if we don''t always agree on what those things are, and if we approached gov''t from that perspective, a place of commonality as opposed to focusing on our differences, perhaps there would be less arguing and more seeking common ground.

As it stands today, voting based on information available between the two candidates still leaves me with no one to vote for.
Many people are right there with you, Kimberly. Myself and husband included.

It''s frustrating because there always seems to be a spin on what either candidate says (or their running mate) and then, depending on the resource you listen to sharing the viewpoint of the candidate, it''s further contorted.

At this point, I''m really hoping that by the time 2012 gets here, there will be a third party that emerges and stays with it to the end of the election. I think that is when we''ll see some actual changes in the politics of the country. When America sees more than just two options that have always been there, I think some people who''ve been doing the same ol same ol for years will be shaken.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/4/2008 4:22:11 PM
Author: Abril
Date: 10/2/2008 11:04:50 PM

Author: MoonWater

I want Palin to debate Christopher Hitchens.
31.gif

or Sam Harris

9.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2008 4:52:03 PM

Date: 10/4/2008 4:59:09 PM
Author: ksinger

Date: 10/3/2008 4:15:55 PM

Speaking of which: The Sentences of Sarah Palin, Diagrammed
Heeeyyy!! I posted it FIRST over in the Dem thread!!!!

Humph!
38.gif
27.gif

Nah uh, ME first!
2.gif
It''s because we''re twin daughters of different mothers! We were sisters in a different life! We are in evil cahoots!!

I''m still working on some way to become friends away from here Moon. Any ideas yet? My fondest wish is to meet you and your guy and sit around and drink ''ritas and talk until we''re all completely hoarse.....sigh.

And hey! Congrats on the quickly approaching nuptials! Marry that handsome dark-haired man with the..."great......BIG...........BRAIN!!" (I say that to my man in my best breathless femme fatale. It always gets a laugh.
2.gif
)

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 5:46:37 PM

Humph!
38.gif
27.gif

Nah uh, ME first!
2.gif
It''s because we''re twin daughters of different mothers! We were sisters in a different life! We are in evil cahoots!!

I''m still working on some way to become friends away from here Moon. Any ideas yet? My fondest wish is to meet you and your guy and sit around and drink ''ritas and talk until we''re all completely hoarse.....sigh.

And hey! Congrats on the quickly approaching nuptials! Marry that handsome dark-haired man with the...''great......BIG...........BRAIN!!'' (I say that to my man in my best breathless femme fatale. It always gets a laugh.
2.gif
)

I know Karen, it sucks! We need to conspire to work this out.

You are too cute, I''m going to say that to FI on our wedding night!! I fell in love with that great...BIG...BRAIN...I lucked out that he''s hot too!
30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2008 5:58:29 PM
Date: 10/5/2008 5:46:37 PM

Humph!
38.gif
27.gif

Nah uh, ME first!
2.gif

And hey! Congrats on the quickly approaching nuptials! Marry that handsome dark-haired man with the...''great......BIG...........BRAIN!!'' (I say that to my man in my best breathless femme fatale. It always gets a laugh.
2.gif
)

I know Karen, it sucks! We need to conspire to work this out.

You are too cute, I''m going to say that to FI on our wedding night!! I fell in love with that great...BIG...BRAIN...I lucked out that he''s hot too!
30.gif

You guys should both join another forum that allows PMs and get each other''s info that way! And if there''s a bleeding heart liberal GTG, I want in!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Good idea! Hmm, what board? The Knot? LOL!!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2008 6:51:56 PM
Good idea! Hmm, what board? The Knot? LOL!!
The Knot? But I''m long knotted already
2.gif
...I''ve been married for...well...umm....lessee....like those job descriptions that state you get x-number months/years educational credit from OTJ experience....hmm...I get .5 year of marriage for every year we were together and 1 month of marriage for every year we were apart but on each other''s minds...so second numbers are "marriage factors"
(5.5 x .5) + (1.2 x .5) + (1.5 x 1.5) - the 1.5 is the most recent interation before we got married and we were moving him in and doing the kitchen remodel at the same time. 1.5 x 1.5 "factor of marriage". We earned it. The years in between iterations - 19, times 1 month each.
1 year 7 months. So we''ve been "married" about 7.8 years already....
9.gif

Are you really on The Knot? I looked at it....

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Haha, I am sooo not on the Knot. But it was the only site I could think of. Hmm...any forums you like that I could join?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/5/2008 7:55:04 PM
Haha, I am sooo not on the Knot. But it was the only site I could think of. Hmm...any forums you like that I could join?
Not really, this is my only forum. I don''t think I could handle too many of them.
2.gif

I shall research and cogitate upon this vexing dilemma.....one way or ''t''other, we WILL get this accomplished.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty sure The Purse Forum has PMs. I belong there but only really lurk so I''m not positive...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results