shape
carat
color
clarity

Debate the VP DEBATE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, y''all . . . we had SOOOOO much fun with last Friday''s debate thread, that it got HUGE really fast! Don''t get me wrong, that''s a good thing! But I figured we''d better start a new one for the VP debate.
2.gif

So, same rules as last Friday night:

1. Everybody play nice, or TGal WILL come and hunt you down!!!
23.gif

2. Everyone must state their beverage and snack of choice prior to the start of the debate.
18.gif

3. Everyone needs to drink whenever one of the key words is said by either VP candidate . . . and please feel free to start listing the relevant words!
27.gif

Looking forward to this! Last Friday night was a BLAST!!!
36.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Should be a fun time.
36.gif

I do hope that this thread will be as snark-free as the last. I know Palin is a hot topic, as is Biden''s gaffes.

Here are my Palin words from Elledizzy''s thread:

Cronyism
Ruffling feathers
Maverick
Good ol'' boys
reform
blink

Anyone have any for Biden?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha! And so it begins!

You must drink Lipstick Cocktails or White Russians!

And pigs in a blanket are the only appropriate food choice!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
Hi sugars!

I so hope that I will be able to get away from work. Even evil hedge fund lawyers have to take time away from finding ways to tank the economy!

I''m so tired, and overwhelmed, with work and wedding planning. And I have to say that I''m not sure Thursday night will be as entertaining as last Friday was -- I think the potential for frustration is about 100% more likely!

But I''m willing to give it a go. If I''m able to check in, I will be ordering a 12" veggie sub, and warshing it down with some good ol'' Bud Light!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I think I am going to need a drink during this one.
31.gif
Let''s post some recipes!
27.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, full disclosure: I am toooooo laaaaaazy to make an actual mixed drink, and it''s too hard to eat and type at the same time, so I''ll be drinking Raspberry Smirnoff Ice and that''s all!
9.gif

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 2:03:03 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl
OK, full disclosure: I am toooooo laaaaaazy to make an actual mixed drink, and it''s too hard to eat and type at the same time, so I''ll be drinking Raspberry Smirnoff Ice and that''s all!
9.gif
At least it''s "Russian" ...
3.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2008 2:04:32 PM
Author: Krissie

9.gif
At least it''s ''Russian'' ...
3.gif
LOL! Good call, Krissie! I wonder if Sarah Palin can see the Smirnoff factory from her house? Maybe she even watched them make it!!!
23.gif
2.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/30/2008 10:09:11 PM
Author: luckystar112
Should be a fun time.
36.gif

I do hope that this thread will be as snark-free as the last. I know Palin is a hot topic, as is Biden''s gaffes.

Here are my Palin words from Elledizzy''s thread:

Cronyism
Ruffling feathers
Maverick
Good ol'' boys
reform
blink

Anyone have any for Biden?
Great list, Lucky!
36.gif

I have a few to add:

Putin
head-rearing
bridge

And so help me God, if she starts doing the little "finger quotes" I''m turning the TV off!!!
32.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

I''ll join you..closest thing we do is we make daiquiris. But FI does the work..I just watch....and add more rum.
5.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I'm game!!!
36.gif
36.gif

ETA: But I don't think a lot of the words are actually going to come up..
14.gif
!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2008 9:48:29 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
I''m game!!!
36.gif
36.gif

ETA: But I don''t think a lot of the words are actually going to come up..
14.gif
!
One of Biden''s words was "malarkey"!!! Now that''s just funny. I soooo hope that one comes up! LOL!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Every time Biden chuckles condescendingly at Sarah Palin, take 1 drink. Every time Biden chuckles condescendingly at moderator Gwen Ifill, take 2 drinks.
Every time Biden refers to himself in the third person, take 1 drink. If he uses his full name (e.g. “When people ask me, ‘Joe Biden, how did you become so good looking?’”), take 2 drinks.
If Biden compliments the looks of Governor Palin, his wife, Obama''s wife, or any woman during the debate - take a drink.

Blue Team Rules
¶ For every mention of Scranton, Pennsylvania: Take a sip.
¶ When Biden begins the “I take the train home everyday story” being drinking. Don’t stop ’till he finishes.
¶ When Biden questions Palin’s inexperience: Drink something you’ve never had before
¶ When Biden makes an obvious gaffe: Spill your neighbor’s drink
¶ When Biden uses X words when Y will do: Drink X-Y seconds
¶ When Biden patronizes or self identifies with the working class: Down some brew (Bonus points if you use Miller Highlife)
¶ When Biden lambastes Washington Insiders: Make a toast to his 35 years of experience in the United States Senate
The Joe Biden checklist. If he mentions all of the following, finish your drinks: Blue Collar, Golden Parachute, Little Guy, Washington Insider, Working Class, Clean

Red Team Rules
¶ Every time Palin cites Alaska’s proximity to Russia as “foreign policy experience”: Take a shot of vodka
¶ When Palin claims she said “Thanks but no thanks” to the Bridge to Nowhere: Demand a new drink from your hosts, say “thanks but no thanks,” and then when no one’s looking, take it anyway, then claim you never wanted it.
¶ When Palin recounts putting the governor’s jet on eBay: Auction off a beer to your friends
¶ When Palin insists that governing a small town in Alaska is in fact experience: Give your friend a shot glass of beer when he/she asks for a pint and insist it’s the same thing.
¶ When Palin points out that Biden thought Obama was too inexperienced for the job: Finish your drink and say, “Oh Snap!” If you’re a democrat, follow this by crying.
¶ When Palin claims that Washington’s problems can be solved by small town know how and common sense: Drink a Labatt Blue as you read up on how to become a Canadian citizen.
¶ When Palin talks about being the most popular governor in the country: Go to a room by yourself, realize you’re the most popular person in the room, then finish your drink.
The Sarah Palin checklist. If she mentions all of the following, finish your drinks: Bush Doctrine, Snow Machine, Moose, Lipstick, Hockey Mom, Family Values

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I got this ecard from a friend and had to share with y''all

VP.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 11:42:18 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
I got this ecard from a friend and had to share with y''all

Love it!
30.gif
36.gif
Have to send it to some of my friends, ty for posting it!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Sarah- i checked out their other cards, and almost peed my pants!
They're a hoot! (warning- some, OK most are kinda off-color. proceed with caution!)

http://www.someecards.com/

**threadjack over**

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Ain''t this the truth!
3.gif

soto_78.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m going to go make rum cake in preparation for the debate tomorrow. However, I will not be taking a slice of cake to replace a shot.

Now I need to figure out which kind of rum to use....

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 11:56:07 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Sarah- i checked out their other cards, and almost peed my pants!

They''re a hoot! (warning- some, OK most are kinda off-color. proceed with caution!)

http://www.someecards.com/

**threadjack over**

I am checking it out now!! Ty! /threadjack
5.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 12:10:15 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I''m going to go make rum cake in preparation for the debate tomorrow. However, I will not be taking a slice of cake to replace a shot.

I was going to say that''d be a lot of cake! Haha. Do you mind posting your recipe?
4.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!
i''ve been so busy that i haven''t been able to check in forEVER... but i just knew you ladies would be ''debating'' tonight!!!

so sad, but i''m going to be out with my girlfriends (watching the debate of course) but i won''t be able to post... i''ll make sure to read up on everything tomorrow!

have fun!!!

can''t wait for debate #3!!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2008 8:51:24 PM
Anyone up for some BINGO?!

I''ll TOTALLY play!

Seriously, there is a button to rearrange the words so everyone can have their own card!

Whoo hoo!
36.gif
These are great! I just printed a couple out so D and I can play at home.

It should be an entertaining debate!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 9:51:12 PM
Author:Irishgrrrl
OK, y''all . . . we had SOOOOO much fun with last Friday''s debate thread, that it got HUGE really fast! Don''t get me wrong, that''s a good thing! But I figured we''d better start a new one for the VP debate.
2.gif

23.gif

2. Everyone must state their beverage and snack of choice prior to the start of the debate.
18.gif

3. Everyone needs to drink whenever one of the key words is said by either VP candidate . . . and please feel free to start listing the relevant words!
27.gif

36.gif
Hahaha...

I would like to propose a slight change from the presidential debate. In that debate, I proposed you could call the candidates stupid, but not each other. In this one, because I believe the words that "stupid", "dumb" and "idiot" will way too easy to throw around, so I say you have to take a shot each time you call a candidate on of those words. (i.e., be creative if when you call Sarah Palin a moron.
9.gif
)

See you gals later tonight!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2008 11:40:42 AM
Author: TravelingGal

2.gif

23.gif

18.gif

27.gif

36.gif
Hahaha...

I would like to propose a slight change from the presidential debate. In that debate, I proposed you could call the candidates stupid, but not each other. In this one, because I believe the words that ''stupid'', ''dumb'' and ''idiot'' will way too easy to throw around, so I say you have to take a shot each time you call a candidate on of those words. (i.e., be creative if when you call Sarah Palin a moron.
9.gif
)

LOL! Sounds good, TGal! So "idiot," "dumb" and "stupid" are out . . . I''m going to have to work on my vocabulary of derogatory words before tonight!
27.gif
2.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
My mom called me after she heard McCain list Palin''s qualifications that included PTA member.

Now mom is convinced that SHE should be running for VP
20.gif
9.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 12:17:44 PM

Date: 10/2/2008 11:40:42 AM
Author: TravelingGal

2.gif

23.gif

18.gif

27.gif

36.gif
Hahaha...

I would like to propose a slight change from the presidential debate. In that debate, I proposed you could call the candidates stupid, but not each other. In this one, because I believe the words that ''stupid'', ''dumb'' and ''idiot'' will way too easy to throw around, so I say you have to take a shot each time you call a candidate on of those words. (i.e., be creative if when you call Sarah Palin a moron.
9.gif
)

LOL! Sounds good, TGal! So ''idiot,'' ''dumb'' and ''stupid'' are out . . . I''m going to have to work on my vocabulary of derogatory words before tonight!
27.gif
2.gif
I agree with you gals. "idiot" "dumb" and "stupid" are words that can be taken offensively, but words and phrases like "inexperienced" "uneducated" "doesn''t have a clue" "not the brightest crayon" should be considered okay.
21.gif

Now on to words describing Biden that may be considered offensive.....

ba dum dum
3.gif

Seriously though. If the pregnant ps''ers didn''t already claim the term "sh!t show", it''s exactly how I''d describe tonight''s debate. I''m afraid for both sides (a tad more for mine).

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 12:36:28 PM
I''m afraid for both sides (a tad more for mine).

me too lucky
32.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 12:52:01 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Date: 10/2/2008 12:36:28 PM

I''m afraid for both sides (a tad more for mine).

me too lucky
32.gif

Thritto.
32.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 9:00:20 AM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Date: 10/2/2008 12:10:15 AM
Author: FrekeChild

I was going to say that''d be a lot of cake! Haha. Do you mind posting your recipe?
4.gif
I will if it turns out ok. I wasn''t able to find exactly what the recipe called for (it''s probably from the ''60s) so I kind of had to make it up as I went. (It''s made with cake mix! I''m so cheating!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results