shape
carat
color
clarity

Daniel K asscher ring temptation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly?

While I'm sure someone, somewhere deserves credit for that setting I can't say it's me, at all. You can call it whatever you will, but it's just a pic I had on my hard drive that I thought was a nice example of a baguette halo, although a different style than the one I had in mind. And I thought it would look good with an asscher. I'm flattered by the name... but uncomfortable too. I don't want to take credit for someone else's work. The most I'm responsible for is thinking of it when you and I were discussing your desires/ tastes for the ring. And really, that's no more than what everyone on here does-- including you Isaku.

Thanks for the compliment on my name. I used to hate it... but now, I wouldn't want another. It's me. Crazy Clapton songs and all. LOL.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 4:52:40 PM
Author: isaku5
Date: 6/3/2006 12:41:27 PM

Author: Mara

isaku i thought of something last nite in relation to you and this project...

a stunning asscher in the hand is better than an asscher in the bush!
9.gif

may or may not be true but i thought it was kind of funny.
Sorry for the lapse in integrity!!!
38.gif

Today, I came to my senses, notified the other vendor that I was no longer interested in ''the deal'' and e-mailed Jonathan that I was NOT straying from the 2.26!!!!!
36.gif

When GOG is open tomorrow, I''ll put in a call and have the diamond sent to Pete at Quest.

I talked with Pete this afternoon, confirmed his address and told him to watch for it.

As Mara stated so perfectly ''a stunning asscher in the hand is better than an asscher in the bush''.
9.gif

Everyone on PS has given the 2.26 the seal of approval, and that''s good enough for me. Storm even went the extra mile to send an ASET image and also an I scope? to confirm that it is indeed a winner.
36.gif

Thank you all for your input and hopefully there will be no more detours!!!
36.gif

Now the wait for Pete''s CAD''s on a slight variation of the Gypsy/Irina setting.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw I knew you wernt going to change because that 2.26 is for you.
When you changed you aviator over to it I knew it had won your heart wether you knew it or not,

Thats why iv kept quiet till now in this thread.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isaku, YAAAAY...everyone can have a momentary lapse! I am sure it will all be wonderful now, and you will be soooo pleased...which is what counts in the end! :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup when you put it in your avatar that was a tell tale sign for all of us. Congrats cause it''s one of the nicest one''s I''ve seen. Kind of a big sister to my little one, hehe.
31.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2006 10:18:50 PM
Author: strmrdr
btw I knew you wernt going to change because that 2.26 is for you.
When you changed you aviator over to it I knew it had won your heart wether you knew it or not,

Thats why iv kept quiet till now in this thread.
I wondered why you were so quiet, Storm.
33.gif

Perceptive fellow that you are, you probably also noticed that while I was considering the DK, I didn''t choose another avatar - I just couldn''t do it!!
30.gif
36.gif

londonblue

Shiny_Rock
wow what a nice stone + setting, and congrats, i bet the ring will be awesome!
now stop bothering Pete! =) (he''s supposed to finish my engagement ring set by tomorrow, although i haven''t been able to get a hold of him to work out the final details - he''s probably been dreaming of asschers all week lol).. well, maybe later this week then

you won''t believe how quickly those 5 weeks go by! although too bad about the DK as i was very curious about the price and potential iamges of the DK ring.
36.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 12:24:28 AM
Author: londonblue
wow what a nice stone + setting, and congrats, i bet the ring will be awesome!
now stop bothering Pete! =) (he''s supposed to finish my engagement ring set by tomorrow, although i haven''t been able to get a hold of him to work out the final details - he''s probably been dreaming of asschers all week lol).. well, maybe later this week then

you won''t believe how quickly those 5 weeks go by! although too bad about the DK as i was very curious about the price and potential iamges of the DK ring.
36.gif
Great to hear from you, londonblue!
35.gif

Your engagement ring, you say????? Pictures of stone, type of setting etc.,etc.,etc. We PSers can''t get enough info especially when it''s an engagement ring!

I admit I was lured by the "price" and style of the DK ring as well, but when nothing materialized other than the bait, I decided that I loved the 2.26 and wanted to go ahead with that instead. Apparently, DK is going to be discontinuing that style as it is so time consuming to make. I don''t know that to be a fact, though.

I promise that I will quit bothering Pete so that he can get on with your ring
11.gif
and be sure to post pics when you have them
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
First the Daniel K mystery and now this. This is gettin'' KRAZY ya''ll.

I guess its easy enough for LOTS of different people to TRY doin'' this setting. GEEZ.

Ring_2.25ct_5341B.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 10:56:26 AM
Author: decodelighted
First the Daniel K mystery and now this. This is gettin'' KRAZY ya''ll.

I guess its easy enough for LOTS of different people to TRY doin'' this setting. GEEZ.
Hi decodelighted (where have you been, girl?)
35.gif

The Daniel K will remain a mystery, but with no progress re pictures or "knock your socks off price", I was underwhelmed and went back to Plan A.

Thanks for the pics; instead of the baguettes on the shank there''s going to be a trap on either side of the halo slanting toward a straight baguette at the bottom.

I am a very picky person (ok, I''m anal), Pete knows this and is certain he''s up for the job. I''ll keep y''all posted on progress.
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Decoded:
I saw that one yesterday!! I thought, I should show that to Isaku!... but then I thought... nah. She's got a stunning setting design... two of them in fact to work with and while this is nice... it's not nicer! I think that one is an original art deco though... not a repro.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Hi Virginia,

Pete must be doing everyone''s rings!
6.gif

He certainly is a setter in demand.

Do you have pictures of your ring-to-be, Virginia?
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isaku,

did you ever find out from Jonathan what DK connection he has? stone, settings etc? just curious for future reference.

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
FYI To clarify Daniel K. First they have a large buy in to carry the line (6 figures) The greatest majority of their diamonds are GIA Ex Ex with a few that will be VG but their VG''s a nice :) We have to purchase the line complete and in a few and I mean very few occasions will they allow us a departure in setting one of our stones. This keeps his consistency for the brands look. Can anybody in the diamond business purchase loose diamonds from them, Yes. Can these businesses that buy their loose diamonds sometimes get a complete ring? Yes. Is it a common practice, No. Daniel K knows his network would jump ship if we were to carry the line and others just had to call in and make special orders. We we the vendor who offered the socks off price, No.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 2:44:00 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Isaku,

did you ever find out from Jonathan what DK connection he has? stone, settings etc? just curious for future reference.
Mrssalvo...No, we didn''t talk until I called him this morning and the Daniel K setting/stone did not come up.

Maybe he''ll clarify on the forum for everyone to see.
35.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 2:21:31 PM
Author: Virginia

Date: 6/6/2006 1:50:25 PM
Hi Virginia,

Pete must be doing everyone''s rings!
6.gif

He certainly is a setter in demand.

Do you have pictures of your ring-to-be, Virginia?
35.gif
Yeah, they do such great work!!! They are actually local to me so I have the best of both worlds! Pete is a doll and literally puts his heart in soul into his pieces. He has even said that when a piece is not right or the customer is not happy he cant sleep at night! He is such a sweet guy! Anyway, on to the ring!!! I have not seen it or any of the stages of the ring becuase my FF is keeping it secret! But my stone center is an H 1.71 and there will be pear side stones approx .25-.3 each!! Yay!!! I cant wait!! Thanks for asking!!
This is very re-assuring to hear, Virginia, as the setting idea that I sent to him is very intricate with trapezoids in the halo,etc.
36.gif

londonblue

Shiny_Rock
Pete is excellent to work with, although he seems swamped by clients these days. It''s pretty hard to get a hold of him sometimes, but he''s very good about calling you back. He told me he had nearly 30 messages when he came in the other day.
6.gif
And with the constant client meetings during the day, its amazing that they can turn around quailty work as quickly as they do!

I would imagine its like having meetings all day at work when you actually have loads of real work to do. So I just wanted to say while a detailed reference and notes for your custom project is always a must for custom work, we should all remember that we need to leave time for the artisans to work and constant check ups, calls and emails can be very detrimental to that. I know I try to refrain from bugging Pete even if I don''t hear from quest on the expected day or receive any replies to my emails =). Email is really a nightmare to many professions I think due to its instant nature, constant accessibility these days and the implicit expectations of a instant or next day response in our superspeed lives today!

londonblue

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/6/2006 10:39:12 AM
Your engagement ring, you say????? Pictures of stone, type of setting etc.,etc.,etc. We PSers can''t get enough info especially when it''s an engagement ring!

should be getting the ring soon, so here are just the original, unrevised cads for now =)

0ering_cad01.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2006 2:33:23 PM
Author: londonblue

Date: 6/6/2006 10:39:12 AM

should be getting the ring soon, so here are just the original, unrevised cads for now =)

0ering_cad01.jpg
Absolutely beautiful, londonblue.
36.gif

Is that a sapphire centre stone, or are you staying true to your username and using a beautiful London Blue topaz???

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
WOW, Virginia....A powerpoint presentation AND 2 pages of documentation - I''m impressed!!!
9.gif

You must be very, very picky just like me. I am admittedly a control freak and yet I''ve restrained myself from seeing the asscher until it is set. How''s that for either blind trust or stupidity???
33.gif

londonblue

Shiny_Rock
hi isaku,

although i do love london blue topaz, that''s going to be a sapphire in the ring. =)

just wondering, do DK rings sport royal asschers or regular generic asschers?

royal asscher cut i think:
asscher_01.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daniel K uses Generic Asschers, LB.
3.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Hi londonblue,

The sapphire centre will be gorgeous!
9.gif

The DK asscher I spoke of is a generic, I''m pretty sure, but I don''t see why he wouldn''t use RA''s as well.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2006 3:35:41 PM

Date: 6/7/2006 3:07:23 PM
WOW, Virginia....A powerpoint presentation AND 2 pages of documentation - I''m impressed!!!
9.gif

You must be very, very picky just like me. I am admittedly a control freak and yet I''ve restrained myself from seeing the asscher until it is set. How''s that for either blind trust or stupidity???
33.gif
He he, control freak? Me?
12.gif
Ummmm, if you ask me no! But if you ask Pete and my FF...YES!
31.gif
But at the end of the day the ring will be perfect and that is all that matters. And when I am happy FF is happy. And plus, Pete wants me to be happy so how can I lose?!?
30.gif

Definitely a lady after my own heart. I wish I could see that presentation of yours and the supporting docs.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Update re DK asscher ( if you''re still with me on this):

I saw a picture of the 2.19 asscher on the vendor''s site, but am afraid to post it here fearing Storm''s wrath
29.gif
. Btw, it looks beautiful too!

I''m wondering what the "knock your socks off" price will be???

I have been told by a couple of sources that hand -setting is the only way to go when trying to set a diamond into the trap/baguette halo that I''ve been considering. Valid point or not?
33.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
saw it and wasnt impressed its not on the same class as the 2.26

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2006 5:19:56 PM
Update re DK asscher ( if you''re still with me on this):
I saw a picture of the 2.19 asscher on the vendor''s site, but am afraid to post it here fearing Storm''s wrath
29.gif

NO FAIR!!!! I wanna see it and I went to the DBOF site & don''t see it -- so it must be another vendor??? Darn it. I wanna see!!! Even though I can''t imagine a stone being more beautiful that the one YOU ALREADY HAVE.

On the "hand setting" front ... I''d bet Daniel K are "hand-set" too -- at least THAT setting.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2006 5:19:56 PM
Update re DK asscher ( if you're still with me on this):

I saw a picture of the 2.19 asscher on the vendor's site, but am afraid to post it here fearing Storm's wrath
29.gif

I'm wondering what the 'knock your socks off' price will be???

I have been told by a couple of sources that hand -setting is the only way to go when trying to set a diamond into the trap/baguette halo that I've been considering. Valid point or not?
33.gif

Quest is fully capable of setting by hand. my entire setting made by them was by hand, no cads, wax etc. (now chronos setting). that said, they have never done a trap/baguette halo so none of us knows how it's going to turn out, including quest. they ended up remaking my ring 2 times because they were not happy with the result. I know the have wonderful customer service and will do their absolute best. Don't know about the stone differences. Wink just posted what he observed when viewing DK asschers in person over in the vegas thread. I'm such a setting freak that i would be hard pressed to turn down a deal on an authentic handmade DK setting and then take my chances on a cutom remake. see "when custom is not perfect" thread
41.gif

ETA: DK settings are all handmade/set

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
As I said not in the same class....

219VS1Fasscher.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2006 5:42:04 PM

Date: 6/7/2006 4:23:15 PM
Author: Gypsy

Definitely a lady after my own heart. I wish I could see that presentation of yours and the supporting docs.
If Pete has the files still, you can tell him that he can email them to you If you want. Just tell him you want to put something similar together for him. My real name is Elizabeth, he knows me well....
Elizabeth, hi. I''m Layla. I just may ask Pete for that, because it sounds like a great idea.

Isaku, don''t fear anyone''s wrath. You do what your gut tells you is the best thing to do. If you love the Daniel K... then go for it.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results