shape
carat
color
clarity

CVB ID reset of 1.52 c G VS1 asscher

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in the CAD queue!! She emailed me sketch a little while ago.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in the CAD queue!! She emailed me sketch a little while ago.

How exciting! I guess that means you had few if any tweaks to the sketch she sent? Care to share it? I'm curious how you're going to be setting your asscher (since mine is an asscher too).

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was a very rudimentary sketch. It's going to be a full split shank (nearly two complete shanks), pave. Pave collar, scalloped to slightly frame the stone peek a boo style from the top view.

I may share the CAD.

I only tweaked the shank... she had it more traditionally split like a little split and then joined. I sent her two ideas of what I was looking for and she said it would look great, so the CAD will reflect the nearly full split shank.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was a very rudimentary sketch. It's going to be a full split shank (nearly two complete shanks), pave. Pave collar, scalloped to slightly frame the stone peek a boo style from the top view.

I may share the CAD.

I only tweaked the shank... she had it more traditionally split like a little split and then joined. I sent her two ideas of what I was looking for and she said it would look great, so the CAD will reflect the nearly full split shank.

It sounds like it will be beautiful!! So the peek-a-boo will be something like her Susannah design? I'm in love with the gallery of that ring, which is why it came to mind so easily! Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 5.40.35 PM.png
It's funny because I asked her about doing a peek-a-boo thing with my halo, and my BF and I started our concept with the base of a split shank (it's quite different now, but it's what we drew upon). We're on a similar wave-length :)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd have to see the side view. I'm inclined to say not really like that. Let me find some photos. I guess I also need to get some ideas because I haven't really thought too much specifically about this part of the ring.

I'm seriously laid back to the point that I don't have a completed ring in my imagination yet. I want her to contribute a substantial amount to the ring. She is the designer, I trust her and like her rings so I want her to be an artist here as well as the designer and builder of the ring.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know what? I dion't know how it will peek a boo. I'm going to wait and see what she does.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, same wavelength.... that's is why I like it here. There are several people here I could be friends with IRL.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick update: she hopes to have the CAD to me by Friday. Her CAD tech goes on vacation next week.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

I let Caysie know last week that while I would love to see the CAD before the tech went on vacation, I wouldn't press her to rush it.

I guess this means early next week I will see the CAD.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0577.JPG CADs are here! The only thing I have asked is if she thinks the stone is big enough to pull this look off.

And with cads, remember the metal won't be chunky. With U prong, it will be more streamlined in the final product.
IMG_0578.JPG
IMG_0579.JPG IMG_0580.JPG

I love it and it is exactly what I want.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She said it's going to be great, and she definitely thinks the stone is right for this design. Yay!! I'm going to sleep on it and if all is well, production starts tomorrow.

She said it was harder to get proportions right than you would think.

So here is hoping I send my current ring off tomorrow!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitewave, I love it! I think she will totally pull this off. It will be balanced, delicate & the sparkliest ring ever!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think so too, thanks! I'm certain tomorrow morning I will tell her to go ahead with it, but we both agree sleeping on it is for good measure

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how it is going to sort of be a halo for people who don't want a halo-- ever so slightly framing the stone. Subtle.

I also love how it seems like it will show off that chunky depth (69.7) of my asscher. The openness of the gallery is a brilliant addition. Why hide one of the best parts of the asscher cut?

Last edited:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting! It looks like exactly how you described you'd want it. That somewhat hidden halo is an interesting idea too... I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks in real life!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I'm about to sleep on it. Speak now or forever hold your peace... last call.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting! How did the "sleep on it" go? Do you have a plan for your wedding ring and how it will set next to your ering?

Are you going into production today???

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gave her the green light! We are all excited about it-- her bench is excited too lol. Pave is his speciality and what he loves.

Production starts today!!!!! :dance:

I'm thrilled :appl:

TY, I'm not sure about wedding ring at the moment. I'll get this ring and wear it a while. And then wear it with bands I have. If I still feel the need for a wedding band, I'll likely get caysie to make me one.

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She said it's going to be great, and she definitely thinks the stone is right for this design

I would definitely agree with her - too big and IMO you'd get into "perched boulder" territory, too small and the split would merge visually - your stone is Just Right! :mrgreen:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your input. Yes, we talked about the perched boulder and how I really didn't want the split to be seen... I'm very anxious to send my stone! The waiting part is so hard!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results