shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Stacking Rings/Gold and/or Sterling Silver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 10:39:27 AM
Author: AGBF

Dearest AJ, you're asking a woman who didn't have her ears pierced until she was 48; a woman who thought that pearl clip earrings of 6 mm size were perfect to wear to the office every day; a woman who wore Laura Ashley dresses throughout her 30's. Naturally I would go with the perfectly matched set in the second picture. The question you have to ask yourself is, do you want to look the way I would dress you?

Deb ;-)
34.gif
Oh Deb, you're hilarious. Regardless, I still value your input and great taste !

Hi Lori, unfortunately no
39.gif
I hope its not lost...
40.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 6:26:11 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
11/30/2008 6:03:10 PM
Author: katebar

Yes I think the rose gold bezel with the silver shank is the way to go but I am a bit worried that the rose gold may not flatter the tourmaline.

katebar, I am confused. Whose three red/pink rings set in rose gold are in the photograph? Didn''t you like them and post them? How different in color is the tourmaline from the red/pink of the stones in that photo? Why do you have doubts about the tourmaline with rose gold? Can you post a photo of the toumaline (or have you already done so and I missed it)? I am sorry that I seem to have been following along so poorly, but I want to get this right!

Best,
Deb
34.gif
Hi Deb the photos is from Etsy. I don''t have any stones Madelyn would provide them for me. I guess I am thinking out loud really. I gather the tourmaline would be a similar pink and I''m just not sure how it would looked bezeled in rose gold but I like the idea of the two tone look.
Thanks for your concern and i value your opinion
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
So, it seems as if I am not destined to receive my initial pendant *phooey*. It was mailed almost 4 weeks ago - Aust Post pretty much said to me, "if it were coming, it would be here by now", even with chrissie and all. They can''t track it at all as was just regular USPS.

So, the lovely Jennifer Casady offered, without even a pause, to remake and re-send (this time registered, lol) my necklace - by end of this week..
She really is a doll, I was pleasantly surprised as I did not expect her offer.
36.gif

I have two other packages from etsy that also should''ve been here by now....fingers crossed these ones make it, lol !

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
AJ I see you reserved another stylish piece from jennifer. When are you going to fess up
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 12:58:42 AM
AJ I see you reserved another stylish piece from jennifer. When are you going to fess up
2.gif

hrmmmm..nope, I think that is most likely her fixing up the pendant that didn't arrive, I think - all free of charge, what a doll!
Nothing's arrived yet I'm afraid Kate - you know me, I'd be posting pics of that sucker straight away, lol !
I do have some packages in the mail, I will surely post as soon as everything is here..
5.gif

How about you hon, anything to confess..?
31.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm sorry . Well if you go to her page under reserved she has a bracelet on hold with a username similar to yours. Who would have thought!
I am getting the stacking ring with stones from Kate IF the dollar gets up a bit.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my stackers BTW. They are really cute.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 4:54:36 PM
Hmmm sorry . Well if you go to her page under reserved she has a bracelet on hold with a username similar to yours. Who would have thought!
I am getting the stacking ring with stones from Kate IF the dollar gets up a bit.
Oh Kate, yes I''m sorry ! I forgot, that is for the matching necklace to the 2 tone bracelet I posted a couple pages ago. I just wanted to buy the bracelet first and see if I liked it, so I guess she is holding a place for me for the necklace too at the discounted price.
That photo is just a placeholder/stock photo me thinks.
Yep, same user name, lol..I know, pretty lame, and probably not very safe.
40.gif
I just have too much trouble remembering different logins for every single site !
I hope I''m not the only one, lol..

Yep, I''ve put my spinel stacking ring off for a lil while too, at least until after the hols.

Sorry about the mixup hon!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 6:27:05 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Kewl Tacori - did you end up going up half a size?

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
No probs AJ I thought Wow fancy two arjunajane on Etsy
41.gif
Sizing of the rings is tricky. I got a 1/2 size for my daughter and she lost 2 surfing the other day
6.gif
. (I gave her them early. I ''m hopeless but I wanted her to see them)
So I am now replacing them with a whole full size pair in gold.
I think we have small knuckles and with the hot weather here at the moment and they are still too big there is no way she will keep them on her finger in winter.
On my project next pay day I am going to start my custom stack so that will be fun.
No new things for me but my daughter and her friends are going crazy on Etsy. What an enabler you have been arjunajane
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh no kate! Well, at least its all reasonably cheap, right? And hey...lets not forget who started this thread, lol...

I hear you re. the sizing. So far I have gone a half size bigger which has worked. Although its really bl**dy hot here at the moment, so I guess in Winter I''ll have to just swap fingers
41.gif

The only thing I''ll say with your stack, is the more you plan to add, the bigger it seems you need to go. Ie. for 3 rings, a half size was good. But for 5 rings, three quarters would''ve been more comfortable for me.
But I guess we''re all different too, so not sure how much help that is, lol !
1.gif

Anyways... I got my big package from Jen Casady today - delivery on a sunday, who knows?
33.gif

But everything is perfect!
36.gif

I got the set of 3 twisted stack rings - 2 for me and 1 in a diff size for my mum. I know she will love it.
And my custom two tone bracelet I love!
And I also got another initial pendant, this time with my initial. Although sadly, I have nothing to hang it from as the first one never came, lol..

All in all, couldn''t be happier and I will definately be ordering the matching 2 tone necklace.

Let me know if anyone''s keen on pics.
5.gif

yay for etsy!
3.gif
36.gif

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Yes!! I am keen on the pics!! I''m sure the rest too :D

Thanks!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 1:42:35 AM
Author: GoodSoul
Yes!! I am keen on the pics!! I'm sure the rest too :D

Thanks!
Hey goodsoul
35.gif

Ok, I will be happy to try for some pics later this week - waaayy too hot for doing much of anything today, lol..

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YES, PICS PLEASE!!!!

I''m still waiting on my new camera...it is supposed to be here this week.....FINALLY!

Still loving Etsy?

Lori

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 8:05:12 AM
Author: loriken214
YES, PICS PLEASE!!!!

I''m still waiting on my new camera...it is supposed to be here this week.....FINALLY!

Still loving Etsy?

Lori
There she is, the Original Etsy Enabler....tee hee, Hi Lori
35.gif

Absolutely, can''t you tell, lol ?!

Its so much fun to have these lil packages show up at the door every couple weeks..
11.gif
9.gif
Even if my Fi does look at me increasingly like I''ve lost it, ha!

I really am happy with my stuff from Jennifer, she''s a champ. I promise pics in the next couple days...
emphoto.gif
emthup.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2008 7:07:06 AM
Author: arjunajane

I did. They are *kinda* tight but I like my rings loose so they probably fit right. Haha. They are very thin. I thought it was only 6 but mine came with 7 bands (an extra WG one).

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2008 10:26:26 PM

I did. They are *kinda* tight but I like my rings loose so they probably fit right. Haha. They are very thin. I thought it was only 6 but mine came with 7 bands (an extra WG one).
Yeah, I like mine about a quarter size bigger too.
Thats nice that you got an extra one - are you wearing them all on same finger? My fingers are waaayy too short for 6 rings, let alone 7 , lol !
5.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 1:45:54 AM
Date: 12/14/2008 10:26:26 PM

Yeah, I like mine about a quarter size bigger too.

Thats nice that you got an extra one - are you wearing them all on same finger? My fingers are waaayy too short for 6 rings, let alone 7 , lol !
5.gif

Yeah I have them all on my right ring finger. I have small hands but I guess I am used to wider rings (my e-ring is 6mm alone) I really love them. I have to take a pic I know!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so you guys did ask for pics! Here we go....

The collection:

From Jen Casady:
Initial pendant SS necklace with my and Fi's initials.
Thin twisted stack rings (third one absent, going to my mum)
Simple Knots "chainmail" bracelet, customised in gold fill and SS.

From Tumbleweed bead co:
4 gold and 3 silver skinny stack rings.

collectionetsy 1.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I''ll try not to bore ya''s, as I took quite a few pics
emembarrassed.gif

This is what I''ve been wearing most - twisted rings with my antique band..

AC stack1.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Gold stack..

ac stck2.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
All the stackers..Not sure if I''ll wear this, maybe if I''m dressing up.
My fingers are too short and chubs for large stacks..
40.gif
5.gif

etsy stack2.2.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, I don''t have a wrist shot of the bracelet yet.
But its lovely, I''m really happy with it. Haven''t had a chance to wear it out yet.

etsy blet.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
The necklace...man, its hard to get a decent shot of your own neck!
I *love* this and have worn it non-stop since getting it. Exactly what I needed, a cheap everyday necklace
emthup.gif

necj etsy1.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
And finish!

I'd encourage anyone who's keen to shop with Jennifer, she's been so awesome !

Ugh, apologies for the hair in the last one - getting a cut this week !
40.gif
5.gif

Thanks for looking !

etsy neck2.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
YES....I love all of your collections!! The rings look great stacked and all the different ways you can go with them. LOVE, LOVE, Love your necklace, such so very sweet, will have to put that on my list.

I have a twistie ring that should be coming this week.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YAY......look at all of those pretties!!!! Way to go ARJ!!!!
36.gif

Lori

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely AJ just lovely. You did good kid
41.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to link you all to my onegarnetgirl project!

Green Tourmaline Ring

I can''t wait to see it in person! Thanks again Loriken for enlightening us about this awesome etsy artist.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks AJ! You got quite a haul there!

Love what you got especially the the necklace/pendants and twisted rings! You got a nice neck! :)

I was really obsessed with Esty a while back. I''ve orderd earrings, necklaces, bags, hats, all sorts creams and solid perfumes. After I found PS, I''ve a new obsession.
31.gif

I''ve been looking at ebay daily searching for a good but affordable OEC as a pendant.. just like the pendant/ring that you got recently. Those are so pretty!! I''m sure I can find some time in between for Esty again!

*opens another tab and typed in Esty.... Here I go again!!*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results