shape
carat
color
clarity

Green Tourmaline Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
The ring my father and I had made for my mother is complete! Maddy at onegarnetgirl on etsy.com made it for us. My father and I are really pleased. She was a DREAM to work with. Excellent with communication and very prompt with completing the project.

Specs:
1.3 carat green tourmaline
6.8x6.8 mm square cushion cut

Stone cut by Gene Flanigan from Precision Gem.

I will take more pictures after I get up to my parents place for Christmas. It is being shipped there since FI and I are leaving for the holidays on Friday.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this process and special thanks for Loriken for telling me about Onegarnetgirl on etsy!!

tourringformom.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Great stone! It looks really nice in the simple bezel setting too. I''m sure your mother will LOVE it.

I just love Etsy. I read about it here in the colored stone forum about a week ago and I can''t stop checking out all the cool crafts.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that ring is lovely! Can''t wait to see more pics of it!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!!!!!! I am sure your mother will too. It is beautiful!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
oh that looks great!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oooh... I love the gree with the yellow gold..pretty!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s beautiful-and what a great gift for mom!

I''ve been addicted to etsy for a while now..I''ve gotten a few things from there that I adore from bitofwhimsyprims.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I can''t wait to see more pictures!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. More pictures please.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a real beauty. I am sure you mother will love it.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I realize now I shouldn''t have teased you all by starting this thread when I knew it would be at least a week until I could post more pics! Hopefully the ring will be sitting on my parents doorstep when we all return from NYC on Monday evening. I promise to have the camera charged and ready to take some more photos then.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!! It''s gorgeous! Can''t wait for more pics :)

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Lordy, Lordy!!!! That is stunning!! Can you tell us more about the setting? What carat gold? What''s the finish: matte, polished, hammered?

I''m looking for something exactly like that for the Dan Stair spess I''ve been sitting on for a couple of months. This setting would allow the stone to shine stunningly! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2008 9:41:58 AM
Author: Upgradable
Lordy, Lordy!!!! That is stunning!! Can you tell us more about the setting? What carat gold? What''s the finish: matte, polished, hammered?

I''m looking for something exactly like that for the Dan Stair spess I''ve been sitting on for a couple of months. This setting would allow the stone to shine stunningly! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!!!

I believe that its 14 carat gold. I asked for a highly polished finish but this designer does lovely hammered pieces too. Its a semi-circle profile but she also offers full circle profiles. The stone and bezel are set into the band though if you look at her site many of them are on TOP of the band. I just prefer the lower profile look.

I''m sure she would love to set your spess. I almost used a Dan Stair stone myself for this project but went with the deeper colored tourmaline. I kept my Dan Stair mint cushion though because it was just too beautiful to send back. I might have her set my own little eBay spess in silver one day. The Dan mint tourmaline will be living in my jewelery box until I can afford a proper home for it.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info. It is just beautiful!! Please update us on what your mom''s reaction is.

leggs

Shiny_Rock
What mother wouldn''t absolutely love that ring. I do!!!
Merry Christmas

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
gorgeous! love the green and the gold. It is oh so rich.

What a sweet gift from the two of you!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Veeery pretty! I love the yellow gold with it! Very rich looking!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 10:29:55 AM
Author: Upgradable
Thanks for the info. It is just beautiful!! Please update us on what your mom''s reaction is.
I''m a little nervous about this. I actually can''t remember a Christmas when I wasn''t nervous about my gift to her. She is so hard to shop for! My father was really on board with this idea though (I proposed we do this back in the summer!) and he loves the ring. She did recently gift a blue tourmaline bezel set ring to my best friend for her birthday so I know that she appreciates the style. I probably was really obvious when I asked her "Oh, so you like bezels?"
41.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
WOW....it is SO BEAUTIFUL.....Maddy does wonderful work and I''m so excited that you went with her!!!! Hope your Mom loves her new pretty!!!!

Lori

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results