shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Stacking Rings/Gold and/or Sterling Silver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I was also considering getting some of the sparkle studs, that come in various semi-.precious stones. I never wear earrings, but would like some everyday studs.

Actually, this would be a good chance for me to ask any coloured stone ppls reading here - is $22 ok for a 5mm pair of SS and garnet/spinel studs like these?

What do''ya think? Too cutesy?

sparkle studs.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I was tossing up between the pink spinel or hessonite garnet..does anyone think they're worth buying..?
5.gif
11.gif

mini studs list.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Those studs are cute. I think you''re mainly paying for the workmanship, (although the blue spinel earring looks like it got run over by a car!). I like both the h. garnet and the pink spinel. But maybe the garnet more so. It''s funny, I have this saved on my favorite list also.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2008 12:04:31 PM
Author: mochi
Those studs are cute. I think you''re mainly paying for the workmanship, (although the blue spinel earring looks like it got run over by a car!). I like both the h. garnet and the pink spinel. But maybe the garnet more so. It''s funny, I have this saved on my favorite list also.
Thanks Mochi. I know right, some of them are a bit squished
40.gif

Seems like we all have very similiar faves on etsy, can''t say I''m surprised, lol..

I may get some after chrissie when the bank''s a lil healthier
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I received my jewellery box from Duncan''s Woods today - and my gawd its gorgeous !!
36.gif

I am sooo happy I stumbled across his store. And its actually bigger IRL than I expected. I am happy to do some pics for scale if anyone''s keen.

I also wanted to mention that he has a website (as well as etsy), where he sells bigger boxes. I wish I''d known beforehand, as one added drawer would be the perfect size for me..But I''m still very happy nonetheless.
16.gif

http://www.duncanswoods.com/

Here is an example of one of the larger boxes from his site..

off to play with my new toy, Christmas came early
9.gif

J4_BubWengeN.jpg

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
AJ its lovely. I have spoken to Duncan and he directed me to his web site. What was postage like?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2008 11:11:37 PM
Author: katebar
AJ its lovely. I have spoken to Duncan and he directed me to his web site. What was postage like?
Hey Kate!
I wish he''d directed me toward his site before I bought on ets.y..odd, as I did ask if he had larger boxes, and he said we''ve have to do custom after xmas.
Maybe he was just snowed under.
33.gif

No biggy, as I lurve the box, and my collection doesn''t even fill half of it, so I''m good.

Postage was ~$40US, that was for Priority International. I asked him to upgrade it to Global Express for me, as thats quicker in my experience. He was very kind and didn''t charge extra. It arrived to me within 4 work days of being posted, which was great.
Very well packed, kudos to Duncan and his operation.
5.gif

Do you plan on getting one of the larger ones?

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/23/2008 3:35:24 AM
Author: arjunajane

Hey Kate!
I wish he''d directed me toward his site before I bought on ets.y..odd, as I did ask if he had larger boxes, and he said we''ve have to do custom after xmas.
33.gif

No biggy, as I lurve the box, and my collection doesn''t even fill half of it, so I''m good.

Postage was ~$40US, that was for Priority International. I asked him to upgrade it to Global Express for me, as thats quicker in my experience. He was very kind and didn''t charge extra. It arrived to me within 4 work days of being posted, which was great.
5.gif

arjunjane I don''t think I will get the large one as I want to keep it in my dresser rather than on top (I have learnt to hide stuff after being robbed). The top drawer is called a shirt draw and it looks like moulding rather than a drawer. Each time i have been robbed the nobs have overlooked the drawer! You don''t need aa brain to be a thief.
Anyhoo I will get it in the new year. What colour and type of wood did you get?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2008 5:04:55 PM

Hey Kate!
I wish he'd directed me toward his site before I bought on ets.y..odd, as I did ask if he had larger boxes, and he said we've have to do custom after xmas.
33.gif

No biggy, as I lurve the box, and my collection doesn't even fill half of it, so I'm good.

Postage was ~$40US, that was for Priority International. I asked him to upgrade it to Global Express for me, as thats quicker in my experience. He was very kind and didn't charge extra. It arrived to me within 4 work days of being posted, which was great.
5.gif

arjunjane I don't think I will get the large one as I want to keep it in my dresser rather than on top (I have learnt to hide stuff after being robbed). The top drawer is called a shirt draw and it looks like moulding rather than a drawer. Each time i have been robbed the nobs have overlooked the drawer! You don't need aa brain to be a thief.
"The nobs", love it! I'm sorry to hear you have been robbed more than once. I have been lucky not to be targeted, touch wood it continues
Putting it inside the draw sounds good. In that case the smaller size should be great.

The care card says "Jatoba and Roasted Curly Maple" - the maple is the dark bit on the lid/dividers and I really like it.
However, if I was going to have one made and had the choice, I was thinking Australian lacewood and Bubinga..here's a pic. Bubinga is the darker wood.

bubinga and lacewood.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Also, not sure if its your thing, but he also did one with a turquoise inlay in the lid, which I thought would be a nice touch maybe in a birth stone or something?

pic

jewels box with turquoise inlay.jpg

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/23/2008 7:59:50 PM

Date: 12/23/2008 5:04:55 PM

Hey Kate!
33.gif

5.gif

arjunjane I don''t think I will get the large one as I want to keep it in my dresser rather than on top (I have learnt to hide stuff after being robbed). The top drawer is called a shirt draw and it looks like moulding rather than a drawer. Each time i have been robbed the nobs have overlooked the drawer! You don''t need aa brain to be a thief.
''The nobs'', love it! I''m sorry to hear you have been robbed more than once. I have been lucky not to be targeted, touch wood it continues
Putting it inside the draw sounds good. In that case the smaller size should be great.

The care card says ''Jatoba and Roasted Curly Maple'' - the maple is the dark bit on the lid/dividers and I really like it.
However, if I was going to have one made and had the choice, I was thinking Australian lacewood and Bubinga..here''s a pic. Bubinga is the darker wood.
Oh thanks AJ I didn''t see the stone insert ones. They are stunning and something I would give to someone but I like things more simple!
I love the Australian Lacewood and Bubinga so that settles it!
It will have to wait to next pay day I am afraid along with the original custom stacking rings that started this whole incredible thread
1.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love that box, I want one now.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2008 8:45:50 PM

Oh thanks AJ I didn''t see the stone insert ones. They are stunning and something I would give to someone but I like things more simple!
I love the Australian Lacewood and Bubinga so that settles it!
It will have to wait to next pay day I am afraid along with the original custom stacking rings that started this whole incredible thread
1.gif
Wow Kate, you and I must have extremely similiar taste !
Thats exactly how I felt about the insert ones- lovely, not for me personally, but great for a gift !

I''m so glad to hear your going for the lacewood and bubinga, it should be stunning.
And yes, hopefully some of the money I was given as gifts yesterday can go toward some new stackers for me too
11.gif
2.gif

Pls post a pic when you get the box !

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/25/2008 10:43:00 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
You should order one Ltl, they are gorgeous in person. Let me know is you have any questions !
5.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2008 4:24:54 AM

You should order one Ltl, they are gorgeous in person. Let me know is you have any questions !
5.gif

I want one too! I love that they''re handmade. The dude''s profile photo is funny! Etsy is cool--love your finds AJ!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I will, maybe not right away. My b-day is 4 months away :).

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2008 12:08:26 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 12/26/2008 4:24:54 AM

5.gif

I want one too! I love that they''re handmade. The dude''s profile photo is funny! Etsy is cool--love your finds AJ!
Thanks Coats! I know, his photo ..
40.gif
- but he''s such a nice guy to talk to.

If you haven''t already, check out his website of the same name, has all different sizes and woods

http://www.duncanswoods.com/

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2008 12:37:42 PM
I will, maybe not right away. My b-day is 4 months away :).
Well then I hope you get one for your b''day
9.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Any updates or new ideas? I''m sending Onegarnetgirl some loose stones for setting into stackers for me.

Still learning how to use my new camera so I can show you all of my pretties....

Lori

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Lori, happy New Years to you too and the other etsy lovers!

This is funny, I was just thinking of reigniting this thread earlier today, its so much fun, lol !

I think I have decided instead of having one ring made with the lil spinel I posted about earlier, I am going to wait to find another one or two stones and have a stack made all at once
11.gif
I will see depending on the stones and the quotes whether to go with Maddy or KateS..

Lori, Maddy did get in contact with me after all, and was very nice and apologetic for missing my msgs.
5.gif

So, I need two small-ish stones (~0.4/0.5)..anyone up for suggestions? I was thinkng the spinel, then a garnet and a tourmaline - but have no ideas on colours...whether to keep them in the same colour family or go all different?..

I also have a number of small loose diamonds (~2mm) that I would like to incorporate into the set - I was thinking burnish/gypsy set but would love other suggestions?

I am super excited as this will be my first coloured stone project
41.gif

Good to be back, lol !

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Just thought I would post that Duncan has a bunch of new jewellery boxes, a number in larger sizes, incase anyone is still interested
5.gif

shop

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here are my custom white gold moonstone Lotus ring and pendant from Heart of Water Jewels. They are on the way to me now and should arrive any day now. Sally, and her Team, are so wonderful to work with!
36.gif

Lori

il_430xN_54697414.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Pretty set. The stones look very nice in white gold.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2009 12:24:43 AM
Just thought I would post that Duncan has a bunch of new jewellery boxes, a number in larger sizes, incase anyone is still interested
5.gif

shop

2 more months until my b-day :). Thanks for posting the update.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lori-those are gorgeous! Hope they arrive soon!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 9:29:08 PM

Date: 1/10/2009 12:24:43 AM
5.gif

shop

2 more months until my b-day :). Thanks for posting the update.
You''re welcome ltl..

Lori, they''re beautiful! Can''t wait until you get them!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Lori, they are beautiful!
30.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!! Sally says they should be here between the 10th and 14th. I''m going to ask her to create some Lotus settings for some of my other loose stones. She just needs to know the measurements and then I''ll have my local jeweler set the stones into the mountings. I''m SO excited!
36.gif

Lori

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 2:28:36 AM
Author: loriken214
Thank you!!! Sally says they should be here between the 10th and 14th. I''m going to ask her to create some Lotus settings for some of my other loose stones. She just needs to know the measurements and then I''ll have my local jeweler set the stones into the mountings. I''m SO excited!
36.gif

Lori
Awesome Lori!
I wish I wanted prongs for my stones, then I too would go this route..
7.gif

Can''t wait to see your pretties in person!

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
mmmm...stackers!!

http://www.karthia.com

http://www.mojewellery.co.nz

http://www.stackingrings.com

Enjoy!!

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results