shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Stacking Rings/Gold and/or Sterling Silver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/28/2008 7:56:28 PM
Author: pocahontas

Lori, do you have this set in your possession yet?

il_430xN_41893822.jpg

I looked back at page one to see if these stones were identified when the picture was first posted, but I don''t think they were. I would like to know what stones are pictured here as well!

Deborah
34.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2008 10:44:47 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:

I looked back at page one to see if these stones were identified when the picture was first posted, but I don''t think they were. I would like to know what stones are pictured here as well!

Deborah
34.gif
Deb, Lori can confirm, but according to Maddy''s description it''s "A 6x8 London Blue Topaz, 4mm Aquamarine and 5mm Swiss Blue Topaz sit balanced atop two textured bands. "

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2008 11:01:29 PM

Date: 11/28/2008 10:44:47 PM

Date:

Deborah
34.gif
Deb, Lori can confirm, but according to Maddy''s description it''s ''A 6x8 London Blue Topaz, 4mm Aquamarine and 5mm Swiss Blue Topaz sit balanced atop two textured bands. ''
Yes, I have this amazing set and the colors are so vivid. The description is correct. I''m waiting on my new digital camera....I''ve never owned one before....and will post lots of photos as soon as it arrives!

You can order one ring at a time or the whole stacking set.

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2008 10:30:43 AM
Author: arjunajane
So, I know I''m kinda the only one still continually posting here, lol
emembarrassed.gif
I''m sure all of you are having lovely T''giving celebrations with your families and *may be* banned from PS for the day..
31.gif
Just j/k..either way I thought I''d share my news if anyone''s keen..?

>Thin Twisted Stacking Rings, set of 3 from the abovementioned Jennifer. (bic below)..

I bought these with the intention of giving 1 or 2 to my mum for Chrissie - I know its not a substantial gift, but its cool for me, as because as long as I can remember she has worn a very similiar sterling ring on her RH. She told me once she bought it in Thailand when she was just 17
6.gif

I was impressed at how well her lil silver ring had lasted, and it suits her very nicely, so I''m also hoping she appreciates a new one. Now just fingers crossed that I ordered the correct size (sorry about pun), as I didn''t want to ask and give the game away.
2.gif

>Update: still no arrival of pendant
7.gif
Kinda strange, as was sent at same time as rings, but oh well...

>Yellow Gold stacker from Tumbleweed''s - Jessica is an absolute doll and offered to send me another gold one free of charge !
36.gif
So of course, my scheming mind thought ''why let just one lil ring travel all that way on its own...?''.........so most likely I will purchase another set of her stackers too.
11.gif

Even though my fingers are mega short
39.gif
and hence its probably not the most flattering trend for me, I''m still really digging all these stackers and being able to play mix and match!
3.gif
I''m loving those stackers.....AWESOME ar!!!!

Lori

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/28/2008 11:12:24 PM
Author: loriken214
Yes, I have this amazing set and the colors are so vivid. The description is correct. I''m waiting on my new digital camera....I''ve never owned one before....and will post lots of photos as soon as it arrives!

Lori
Okay, I''m gonna hold you to that, Lori
2.gif
Can you keep a secret? I keep flip flopping about what I want to do for my "something blue." Sometimes, I think I want a sapphire solitaire, other times I think I want a diamond/sapphire band ala Musey''s Fay Cullen, and other times I feel completely clueless. I really don''t want to spend more than $500 so that''s where the problem is. I absolutely love your set and I think it''d be perfect - just the right amount of bling, but without the $1000 plus price tage, ya know? I''m thinking about getting it in yellow gold with a sapphire, aqua and maybe an iolite(?). But, I''d want it soldered together to make one solid ring. WIth my luck though, all my stupid modifications will raise the price all the way up - lol!

I''ll be stalking this thread for your pix , lady
9.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/25/2008 5:21:27 PM
Author: katebar
I am getting Maddy to make me a set with mine my son and my daughters birth stones. They will be an oval pink tourmaline and a topaz and round or oval moonstone. My son is going to live in Europe for 6/12 so i think it is kind of neat to have something that connects us together
1.gif
I'll keep this thread going AJ cos' heart you for finding such lovely things which this poor Aussie can afford!
So........ I am going to get this set with: my pink tourmaline birth stone; sons topaz should I go Swiss or the other blue and daughter's topaz. I thought of having the bezel in rose gold with the shank in silver. Madelyn likes this idea but what do you all think?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/29/2008 3:11:47 AM

So........ I am going to get this set with: my pink tourmaline birth stone; sons topaz should I go Swiss or the other blue and daughter''s topaz. I thought of having the bezel in rose gold with the shank in silver. Madelyn likes this idea but what do you all think?

So the entire set would have rose gold bezels and silver shanks, katebar? I think that would be unique. My "main" ring, my solitaire, has a platinum head and a yellow gold shank. This sounds like a kind of reverse. I have really gotten into both the look of the silver stacking rings and the rose gold stacking rings since I have been reading this thread. (I always loved rose gold, but the rose gold stacking rings set with red stones just made me want to go out and buy rings!) I think the set would be distinctive and modern.

Deborah
34.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 12:42:43 AM

Lori
2.gif
Can you keep a secret? I keep flip flopping about what I want to do for my ''something blue.'' Sometimes, I think I want a sapphire solitaire, other times I think I want a diamond/sapphire band ala Musey''s Fay Cullen, and other times I feel completely clueless. I really don''t want to spend more than $500 so that''s where the problem is. I absolutely love your set and I think it''d be perfect - just the right amount of bling, but without the $1000 plus price tage, ya know? I''m thinking about getting it in yellow gold with a sapphire, aqua and maybe an iolite(?). But, I''d want it soldered together to make one solid ring. WIth my luck though, all my stupid modifications will raise the price all the way up - lol!

9.gif
Trust me, the colors are just as vivid as Maddy shows them on her listings....more color than you can imagine! Just let Maddy know what you''re looking for and she''ll let you know what she can do. She''s been wanting to get into the yellow and rose gold bezels more and I''m going to ask her to set some gemstones for me in rose gold bezels with silver bands....how cool is that? Cost effective and easy to wear, too!

Maddy has my husband''s late grandmother''s diamond pendant that she is setting into a silver stacking ring for me. How''s that for trust? I trust her completely!

Just let Maddy know what you need....she''ll do the rest!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 3:11:47 AM

Date: 11/25/2008 5:21:27 PM
I am getting Maddy to make me a set with mine my son and my daughters birth stones. They will be an oval pink tourmaline and a topaz and round or oval moonstone. My son is going to live in Europe for 6/12 so i think it is kind of neat to have something that connects us together
1.gif
I''ll keep this thread going AJ cos'' heart you for finding such lovely things which this poor Aussie can afford!
So........ I am going to get this set with: my pink tourmaline birth stone; sons topaz should I go Swiss or the other blue and daughter''s topaz. I thought of having the bezel in rose gold with the shank in silver. Madelyn likes this idea but what do you all think?
The blue topaz colors are amazing and it depends upon how blue you want your blue to be. The colors are very saturated! The family stacking rings are awesome!

I had a set made for my SIL for her birthday this past April. My nephew, Zachary, is two and his birthstone is amethyst. My SIL loves peridot and my brother and SIL married on her birthday in April. Anyway, I chose a large oval amethyst to represent their son, a round white topaz to represent their wedding day and a square peridot to represent Stacey. SHE LOVED THEM AND WEARS THEM ALL OF THE TIME.

In return, Stacey gave me a onegarnetgirl gift certificate for my birthday in August and I used it to purchase a large EC peridot solitaire stacker....like one in the photo.

Lori

il_430xN_38229172.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 12:42:43 AM

Lori
2.gif
Can you keep a secret? I keep flip flopping about what I want to do for my ''something blue.'' Sometimes, I think I want a sapphire solitaire, other times I think I want a diamond/sapphire band ala Musey''s Fay Cullen, and other times I feel completely clueless. I really don''t want to spend more than $500 so that''s where the problem is. I absolutely love your set and I think it''d be perfect - just the right amount of bling, but without the $1000 plus price tage, ya know? I''m thinking about getting it in yellow gold with a sapphire, aqua and maybe an iolite(?). But, I''d want it soldered together to make one solid ring. WIth my luck though, all my stupid modifications will raise the price all the way up - lol!

9.gif
Here''s a photo of the awesome ring on Maddy''s finger!

Lori

il_430xN_45111556.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/29/2008 1:15:38 PM

I loved that photo! I had to console myself that I would need a set of rings to satisfy myself, because one on my finger wouldn''t be enough. [That''s an attempt to argue myself out of jealousy and, thus, sour grapes ;-). It allows me to be happy for my friends when they buy things I absolutely love.]

Deb, the jealous type ;-)
34.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 7:33:26 PM

Date:

I loved that photo! I had to console myself that I would need a set of rings to satisfy myself, because one on my finger wouldn''t be enough. [That''s an attempt to argue myself out of jealousy and, thus, sour grapes ;-). It allows me to be happy for my friends when they buy things I absolutely love.]

34.gif
Deb,

You are not alone....I have a bit of OCD and became obsessed with Maddy''s rings!

I did buy this blue beauty by herself and wear her with two silver bands, one on either side, and they look awesome together!

Lori

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this? Thse rings are so cool...I have got to look into this, I think I might have found a new project....

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 12:23:13 AM

Date: 11/29/2008 7:33:26 PM

Date:

34.gif
Deb,

You are not alone....I have a bit of OCD and became obsessed with Maddy''s rings!

I did buy this blue beauty by herself and wear her with two silver bands, one on either side, and they look awesome together!

Lori
Do you have any photos Lori?

What do people think about a minimum and maximum size of stone if you were going to have say 3 stackables? I''m off to look in my "loose" box to see if I can come up with a set!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gailey!

There really isn''t a limit on size, as far as I know, since I wear different sizes at one time.

I''m shopping for a digital camera right now so I can learn how to post my own photos of the rings on MY fingers....I realize that it isn''t fair to be all talk and no action.

Lori

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I was just wondering, is there any problems with setting colored stones in silver? If they tarnish, are you able to clean them? Thanks

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I thought I would post a pic of my stackers - I''ve been wearing them with my antique Art Carved w-band, and imho they go really well together
5.gif

Just fyi, it is almost impossible to take a decent pic with my left hand, rofl!

I have just ordered another set of these 3 stackers from Tumbleweedbeadco, and Jess is sending me an extra gold one free of charge to make up for the initial mistake. Thats what I like about etsy, all the sellers are so NICE and flexible - you would be hard pressed to find that kinda service on ebay etc..

AC stack.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 12:59:56 AM
Hi Gailey!

There really isn''t a limit on size, as far as I know, since I wear different sizes at one time.

I''m shopping for a digital camera right now so I can learn how to post my own photos of the rings on MY fingers....I realize that it isn''t fair to be all talk and no action.

Lori
Morning Lori,

Not to get into the whole digital camera debate, but consider buying a tripod and a shutter release cable too. My hand shakes when I try to hold the camera with one hand to take a picture of goodies on the other!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 6:41:25 AM

Date:
11/29/2008 3:11:47 AM

So the entire set would have rose gold bezels and silver shanks, katebar? I think that would be unique. My ''main'' ring, my solitaire, has a platinum head and a yellow gold shank. This sounds like a kind of reverse. I have really gotten into both the look of the silver stacking rings and the rose gold stacking rings since I have been reading this thread. (I always loved rose gold, but the rose gold stacking rings set with red stones just made me want to go out and buy rings!) I think the set would be distinctive and modern.

Deborah
34.gif
Hi Deborah Yes I think the rose gold bezel with the silver shank is the way to go but I am a bit worried that the rose gold may not flatter the tourmaline. Any photo shop mavens out there that can show me pink tourmaline Swiss blue topaz and moonstone with a rose gold bezel and silver shank?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ar, nice! I finally got the paypal thing cleared up (after calling) does Kate S e-mail you directly? Not sure I understand the whole etsy transaction thing. Haha.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I am in L
30.gif
VE with everything y''all have posted here! I''ve been spending a lot of time on etsy lately
27.gif
31.gif
I just love the charm of these handmade pieces! Soooo beautiful!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 6:34:48 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Ar, nice! I finally got the paypal thing cleared up (after calling) does Kate S e-mail you directly? Not sure I understand the whole etsy transaction thing. Haha.
Hey Tacori, thats great news!
They don''t email - they "Convo" as in conversations. When you log into etsy there is a tab at the top "conversations" click on there - if you have any messages from ppl, they will be there and you can reply to them, kinda how we do here.
If there''s no msg from Kate, just go to her shop and start a new convo with her - I guess reminding her of your purchase details and that its all paid now, could she pls ship your stuff etc..?

Just fyi, all my convo messages also are forwarded automatically to my email acct, but you can only read them and not reply from there.

Hope that helps and you get your order soon hon!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/30/2008 6:03:10 PM

Yes I think the rose gold bezel with the silver shank is the way to go but I am a bit worried that the rose gold may not flatter the tourmaline.

katebar, I am confused. Whose three red/pink rings set in rose gold are in the photograph? Didn't you like them and post them? How different in color is the tourmaline from the red/pink of the stones in that photo? Why do you have doubts about the tourmaline with rose gold? Can you post a photo of the toumaline (or have you already done so and I missed it)? I am sorry that I seem to have been following along so poorly, but I want to get this right!

Best,
Deb
34.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I thought I would update with my new buy!

I ordered this bracelet from Jennifer Casady - she is an absolute doll, she convo'd with me for ages about a tonne of stuff and is sooo nice!
She's also got a sale on at the moment, so everything is very reasonable.
1.gif

However, she was kind enough to do it in a custom two tone for me, with the knots being 14k gold filled and the rest sterling.
Thankyou PS'ers from my other thread who gave me photoshop images, esp. Lasscreative who provided this one
5.gif

I may also get the matching necklace and have the set, but I decided to just sit on that one for a lil while as I've spent abit on etsy lately
11.gif
22.gif
1.gif

What do other ppl think, matching necklace too...?

ETA: sorry, the images are reversed, *duh*.

knots%20bracelet%20custom%20copy.jpg

The only thing I am sad about is I still haven't received my initial pendant necklace
29.gif
It was posted the same day as my stacking rings, which I received about a week ago *sigh*..ah well !

knots bracelet 1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
12/2/2008 4:43:27 AM

AJ-

I really love this bracelet and think you were brilliant to have thought of it. The original one, all in one tone, does nothing for me and I would never have thought of modifying it as you did. Just beautiful!!!

Deb
34.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Deb
thankyou hon, that was very sweet of you to say!
I hope it is lovely and easy to wear in person - I like my jewellery to be comfortable.
5.gif

Once it gets here I will decide whether to get the matching necklace or no - I was also considering this necklace instead, and would love to hear what you think.

Its not "matchy matchy", but still echoes the bracelet..
It is 14k gold fill, freshwater pearl and kyanite (I have no idea what kyanite is , lol!)..

I''m just not 100% sure on this one though, is it too "artsy", if you know what I mean...?

pic

JC gold and kyanite.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Or this would be the matching necklace to the bracelet - sorry, you will have to imagine it in 2 tone
emembarrassed.gif

knots neck.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dearest AJ, you''re asking a woman who didn''t have her ears pierced until she was 48; a woman who thought that pearl clip earrings of 6 mm size were perfect to wear to the office every day; a woman who wore Laura Ashley dresses throughout her 30''s. Naturally I would go with the perfectly matched set in the second picture. The question you have to ask yourself is, do you want to look the way I would dress you?

Deb ;-)
34.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2008 4:43:27 AM
I thought I would update with my new buy!

I ordered this bracelet from Jennifer Casady - she is an absolute doll, she convo''d with me for ages about a tonne of stuff and is sooo nice!
She''s also got a sale on at the moment, so everything is very reasonable.
1.gif

However, she was kind enough to do it in a custom two tone for me, with the knots being 14k gold filled and the rest sterling.
Thankyou PS''ers from my other thread who gave me photoshop images, esp. Lasscreative who provided this one
5.gif

I may also get the matching necklace and have the set, but I decided to just sit on that one for a lil while as I''ve spent abit on etsy lately
11.gif
22.gif
1.gif

What do other ppl think, matching necklace too...?

ETA: sorry, the images are reversed, *duh*.

The only thing I am sad about is I still haven''t received my initial pendant necklace
29.gif
It was posted the same day as my stacking rings, which I received about a week ago *sigh*..ah well !
Hi AR!

Have you received your initial pendant necklace yet? Wow, you''ve been having lots of fun on Etsy! I love these new pieces that you''ve posted....YAY!!!!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is my latest find from onegarnetgirl.....LOVE IT!

"This round Garnet is a large 8mm, the finished measurement is approximately 1/4 of an inch in diamter. The color of this stone is fantastic. Bright and firey with glimpses of orange and peach, it''s not your usual deep red garnet.
If you love the color red and a sizable stone, you won''t be disappointed."

Lori

il_430xN_47706309.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results