shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom Stacking Rings/Gold and/or Sterling Silver

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I emailed ("convo'd") Kate about setting a garnet, and it took her about a week to respond. I'd already forgotten the project when she emailed me back--haHA! You know us PS'ers--always onto the next project.
3.gif

(she's really sweet--I think I'll have her make me a few in the future)

Prettypretty rings Deb!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/20/2008 8:11:19 AM
Author: crown1

i would love to see hand shots of these lovely stackers. care to reveal the stone sizes? you are one lucky lady!

Thank you so much, crown1. I do not know the size of the stones. I may once have known, and have the description written down somewhere (most likely on Pricescope!), but I cannot recall it. They are tiny. About handshots: I still have a videocamera that is capable of taking digital camera shots, but I never set up my photographic software on my computer again since I had a crash and lost my hard drive. So I don't really bother taking new photographs nowadays...and if I do, they stay in my camera! (These are also good excuses for not taking hand shots. My hands are old because I am!)

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/20/2008 7:46:40 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Deb, beautiful jewelry as always. Why do I have the feeling you are holding back more?!?

Thank you for the compliment on the "beautiful jewelry", Tacori. I am not sure what you think I am holding back! I came barging into this thread on the slimmest of pretexts to share stacking rings that had already been shared once in a high karat gold thread! I would think that, if anything, there would be some penalty attached to sharing the jewelry in two threads! I mean, doesn''t it get disqualified after it''s been used once?

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/20/2008 8:53:29 PM
Author: arjunajane

Thankyou Katebar and Deb for yorur opinions, and of course deb fo sharing your gorgeous jewellery ! I too love high karat stuff, but sadly can''t afford it, lol

I can''t afford it as a steady diet either, AJ, believe me! I am delighted that you gals turned me on to Etsy. I found myeslf a vendor there, too! I have purchased a sterling silver pair of earrings that the vendor is going to cover in gold matte for me. I believe that they will look like high karat gold. I have no problem with costume jewelry. After all, all my watches are from CVS ;-). (AJ, that''s a drugstore-a pharmacy-chain in the United States. It sells very cheap watches.)

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/21/2008 11:48:19 AM
Author: coatimundi

Prettypretty rings Deb!

Thanks, coati. I experienced the "convo" with my vendor, too, while discussing whether she could make her sterling silver earrings into gold matte earrings for me! Etsy is an experience. Paypal worked very smoothly for me, however.

Deb
34.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 1:26:08 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
11/20/2008 8:53:29 PM

Thankyou Katebar and Deb for yorur opinions, and of course deb fo sharing your gorgeous jewellery ! I too love high karat stuff, but sadly can''t afford it, lol

I can''t afford it as a steady diet either, AJ, believe me! I am delighted that you gals turned me on to Etsy. I found myeslf a vendor there, too! I have purchased a sterling silver pair of earrings that the vendor is going to cover in gold matte for me. I believe that they will look like high karat gold. I have no problem with costume jewelry. After all, all my watches are from CVS ;-). (AJ, that''s a drugstore-a pharmacy-chain in the United States. It sells very cheap watches.)

Deb
34.gif
Cool Deb (and thanks for the tip on CVS, otherwise I would''ve had to ask, lol..)..
Is gold matte the same thing as gold-filled? I''m guessing yes, but wasn''t sure..

I''m loving Etsy too, Kate S got back to me, I am going to send her my spinel and she will have it done in December - yay !

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, maybe it is just NEW photos I am craving?!?
2.gif

ar, so exciting! She still haven''t gotten back to me and my name change STILL has not gone through (even though they claim it takes 3-5 days and it''s been a week!)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 11:05:46 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Deb, maybe it is just NEW photos I am craving?!?
2.gif

ar, so exciting! She still haven''t gotten back to me and my name change STILL has not gone through (even though they claim it takes 3-5 days and it''s been a week!)
oooh, how infuriating tacori! I would give them a call if it were me - although be prepared to hold. I have emailed questions before and never gotten a reply.
Perhaps if you have some spare time (watching TV or something), you can call and wait on hold..?
I''m sorry!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
AGBF- I love your stackers and bezel set spess and diamond. I wish I had a 1.38 ct RB just sitting around waiting to be set!

I will be placing my order for my very own (well my mother''s very own) onegarnetgirl creation in the morning! We will be setting the dark tourmaline (the Gene stone) in yellow gold.

The tourmalines I have purchased for this project can be found in this thread.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 1:50:19 AM
Author: Clairitek
AGBF- I love your stackers and bezel set spess and diamond. I wish I had a 1.38 ct RB just sitting around waiting to be set!

I will be placing my order for my very own (well my mother''s very own) onegarnetgirl creation in the morning! We will be setting the dark tourmaline (the Gene stone) in yellow gold.

Cool c-tek! Thats gonna be gorgeoussimo! I contacted garnetgirl about my spinel too, but never got a reply
7.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 3:05:18 AM

Cool c-tek! Thats gonna be gorgeoussimo! I contacted garnetgirl about my spinel too, but never got a reply
7.gif
ar - don''t give up....Maddy will get back with you....she''s very convo friendly!

Deb, your rings are amazing!!!! Thank you for sharing them!!!!!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my latest order from Etsy. The vendor is TreAnelli.

"Composed in the rich hues of late fall, this set features the stunning combination of deep brown smokey quartz, bright red almandine garnet and striking orange-red fire opal. The stones are faceted to give off a sparkly sheen and range in size from 6mm to 3mm. This set is entirely hand fabricated in sterling silver with staggered setting heights to add depth and texture."

Lori

il_430xN_45646080.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/20/2008 7:06:56 AM
Thankyou Deb ! Do you have an opinion on rose or yellow gold?..I''m leaning toward rose, just for something different..?

Lori, I''d love to hear how you go - I was tempted by those rose cuts too, lovely !
and yes, its so much fun, thankyou for posting about it
36.gif
I sent Kate S a second email about the diamond stackers.....nothing yet.....

Lori

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2008 1:14:36 PM

Date:
11/20/2008 8:11:19 AM
Author: crown1

i would love to see hand shots of these lovely stackers. care to reveal the stone sizes? you are one lucky lady!

Thank you so much, crown1. I do not know the size of the stones. I may once have known, and have the description written down somewhere (most likely on Pricescope!), but I cannot recall it. They are tiny. About handshots: I still have a videocamera that is capable of taking digital camera shots, but I never set up my photographic software on my computer again since I had a crash and lost my hard drive. So I don''t really bother taking new photographs nowadays...and if I do, they stay in my camera! (These are also good excuses for not taking hand shots. My hands are old because I am!)

Deb
34.gif

gottcha on all of that. the rings are lovely and you do have many fine pieces and i enjoy looking at them (even repeat posts). the stones look substantial in the pictures and i would have believed any size you told me. i have a long standing love affair with jewelry and appreciate seeing all the goodies that are so generously posted on ps.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/22/2008 5:18:43 AM
Author: loriken214

''Composed in the rich hues of late fall, this set features the stunning combination of deep brown smokey quartz, bright red almandine garnet and striking orange-red fire opal. The stones are faceted to give off a sparkly sheen and range in size from 6mm to 3mm. This set is entirely hand fabricated in sterling silver with staggered setting heights to add depth and texture.''

Lori,

I loved the rings pictured with this description! I have become addicted to this thread. Now instead of checking the political threads first (as I did before the presidential elections), I check this thread first when I log onto Pricescope!

I hope all of you keep buying stacking rings for my vicarious pleasure!

Deb
34.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 5:14:40 AM

Date: 11/22/2008 3:05:18 AM

7.gif
ar - don''t give up....Maddy will get back with you....she''s very convo friendly!

Deb, your rings are amazing!!!! Thank you for sharing them!!!!!

Lori
Really? I''ve sent the same request twice, with pics of my stone and her setting etc, but haven''t heard back - the last one I sent was about a week ago..

I think I''ve decided to have Kate S do this project for me, but I would like to work with garnetgirl in the future though.
I guess they are all very busy at this time of yr - I have noticed quite a few items sold out in the more popular stores!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''m still waiting on Kate S....two convo''s sent and nothing yet....I really want two of her rose cut diamond stackers.....
8.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2008 11:26:45 AM

Date:
11/22/2008 5:18:43 AM

''Composed in the rich hues of late fall, this set features the stunning combination of deep brown smokey quartz, bright red almandine garnet and striking orange-red fire opal. The stones are faceted to give off a sparkly sheen and range in size from 6mm to 3mm. This set is entirely hand fabricated in sterling silver with staggered setting heights to add depth and texture.''

Lori,

I loved the rings pictured with this description! I have become addicted to this thread. Now instead of checking the political threads first (as I did before the presidential elections), I check this thread first when I log onto Pricescope!

I hope all of you keep buying stacking rings for my vicarious pleasure!

Deb
34.gif
Wow Deb....I''m excited that YOU are excited! I just LOVE Pricescope!!!!

Here is another set I recently purchased from TreAnelli. It is called Storm Stack.

"Reminiscent of dramatic storm clouds, this elegant and sleek set features three bezel-set cabochons in an array of grays. The stones are onyx, hematite, and gray moonstone and all are framed by glossy fine silver. Stone sizes range from 6 to 4mm. Perfect for a night out on the town or to go with other refined looks. All orders are shipped in decorated gift boxes."

Lori

il_430xN_41937573.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is a set I purchased, along with the Storm Stack, when TreAnelli was having a sale. This is the Dew Drops Stack.

"I love the cool greens and blues of this stack and the dew-laden field that it instantly conjures. The stack is entirely hand-fabricated in sterling and fine silver. The stones are 5mm in size and are peridot, synthetic blue spinel and iolite."

Lori

il_430xN_41808267.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is another Etsy vendor that I''ve purchased from frequently, Chris Parry....you can customize rings, etc. I love these! This is one of mine....one of my favorite sayings!

Lori

il_430xN_37580796.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is a fun set from onegarnetgirl. Her rings are the mix and match type and very easy to wear together. I have these.

Lori

il_430xN_36296976.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This bracelet is on my wish list...along with some of her bangles.....more from onegarnetgirl.

Lori

il_430xN_35529145.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This set is on my wish list, too....another one from Maddy!

Lori

il_430xN_36844954.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Lori! What a treat to wake up to! (Sorry about the dangling preposition!) You certainly put in a lot of time posting pictures! I had no idea you had so many different stacks of rings. They are just beautiful! You must be able to coordinate any outfit you have with stacking rings! I just love all the color combinations and I think the vendors are very clever to put together rings that coordinate, too. It is clear that one of them (the one who put together your Storm Stack-TreAnelli?) has a great eye for color.

I like the bracelet on your wish list, too! Anything else you are wishing for?

Deb
34.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 3:40:42 AM
Here is another Etsy vendor that I''ve purchased from frequently, Chris Parry....you can customize rings, etc. I love these! This is one of mine....one of my favorite sayings!

Lori
I''ve seen this guy too Lori, love his stuff! Wow, you certainly have embraced etsy, lol.
1.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I can't post about pearls can I ? There's a pendant I would love some thoughts on..
7.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock

btw, Deb, I've come across a store on ebay that I thought you'd love. They do 22k and 24k gold jewellery with gem stones and diamonds, below is a pic of some of their stackers.

Not sure how you feel about ebay, they do seem pretty legit - although I will say I've not bought from them .But I thought at the least you could admire the pics, lol !

link http://stores.ebay.com/atlantisfinejewels_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsxQ3asstQQtZkm

24k gold stack2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/23/2008 7:08:59 AM

Not sure how you feel about ebay, they do seem pretty legit - although I will say I've not bought from them .But I thought at the least you could admire the pics, lol !

Thanks so much for the heads up, AJ! I actually have been watching Atlantis Fine Jewels since they first appeared on eBay. In the beginning they had some problems. I actually exchanged e-mails with a consumer who had problems with them. That was quite a long time ago, however. I think that they recognized the importance of impeccable feedback and they seem to have straightened out their act.

I did not see the gorgeous stackers you posted above, however! Although Atlantis is on my "favorites" list! I just don't look all that often. So thank you for showing me. That's all I needed: more temptation!!! ;-)

Deb
34.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 6:21:01 AM
I can''t post about pearls can I ? There''s a pendant I would love some thoughts on..
7.gif
ar....post away....this isn''t restrictive....I just started it to show off....LOL!

Can''t wait to see what you want to show us!!!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 5:34:39 AM

Wow, Lori! What a treat to wake up to! (Sorry about the dangling preposition!) You certainly put in a lot of time posting pictures! I had no idea you had so many different stacks of rings. They are just beautiful! You must be able to coordinate any outfit you have with stacking rings! I just love all the color combinations and I think the vendors are very clever to put together rings that coordinate, too. It is clear that one of them (the one who put together your Storm Stack-TreAnelli?) has a great eye for color.

I like the bracelet on your wish list, too! Anything else you are wishing for?

Deb
34.gif
I''m a bit of a night owl and last night was one of those nights! Stackers are fun since they are mix and matchable (is that a word?) and are fun to wear. I''m really into sterling silver right now, but hope to have some of the gold ones down the road. Maybe I''ll set some of my asscher stones in some gold bezels.

TreAnelli is having another sale and a bunch of her stacking sets are included. Here is one I''m thinking about.

Lori

il_75x75_44411884.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results