shape
carat
color
clarity

Three green tourmalines!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
So the mailman was VERY generous today in his delivery. I received not one package but THREE packages of stones that I was expecting. I thought that I would have to wait until Monday!

I received my Dan Stair stone (custom gemstones), my Gene stone (precision gems), and a random little tourmaline from ebay.

I will have to be a big tease though and post pictures later because I cannot seem to locate my camera charger and it is completely dead!

I love all of the stones. I have no idea how I will be able to send one back after I pick one for my mother''s ring. I am thinking Christmas gift to me??
31.gif

I will come back later tonight with pics, provided I locate my camera battery charger soon.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tease! I will be waiting for those pictures.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/15/2008 5:13:55 PM
Author: marcyc
Tease! I will be waiting for those pictures.

ME TOO!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ME THREE!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
These were not taken with my camera because I cannot seem to locate the charger! I think it might be at school.
7.gif

The macro mode on the camera I used isn't great. It was having major issues focusing close up but here are a few shots to tide you over.

The mint tourmaline on my hand. You can see that the color is much more saturated in person than in the photo I received from the cutter. I love it!

103_0580.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
The darker stone. This one was really hard to photograph. I was trying to capture the grassy green and blueish green aspects of it all together.

darktourmsized1.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Hand shot with darker stone.

darktourmhand.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Trying to catch the sparkle of the lighter stone.

lightstonefingerssparkle.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Tourmaline party anyone?

That little olive guy is the ebay stone. Mostly grayish with some hints of a paler green. I hardly spent anything on it. One day it might have a home.

tourmalineparty1.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Ugh... Lost a lot of quality on the last one. This one is more blurry but it shows the colors well.

tourmpartysparkle234.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favorite is the Dan, but that Gene stone is amazing too. Which do you think she''d like more? I''m digging lighter stones at the moment...

And I like your little olive guy. How much did you pay for him? And what are the specs?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2008 7:37:38 PM
Author: FrekeChild
My favorite is the Dan, but that Gene stone is amazing too. Which do you think she''d like more? I''m digging lighter stones at the moment...

And I like your little olive guy. How much did you pay for him? And what are the specs?

The Dan stone sparkles like crazy. I am dying to set him in a LOGR Legacy setting (if he doesn''t end up going to Mom''s ring) but I want it bezeled in like Tiffany does instead of in the prongs. Not sure if this is possible with the LOGR settings. Maybe if I get one that is meant for a larger stone it could work.

Unfortunately there is a small crack (or something) in the Dan stone near the girdle so I am a little worried about it going into a bezel. Not sure I can even put it in a LOGR Legacy bezeled. Now that I look back at the pic Dan sent I can see it but I was so taken with the color of the stone I didn''t see it. Though, I love the sparkle so much that I don''t think that I can bear to send it back.

I paid $10 for the lighter one including shipping. He is 0.60 carats and a 5 mm square.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Another close up of the Gene stone. Such poor quality photos!
38.gif

darkstonefingers2.JPG

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Those are great, especially the darker green one. It''s so rich!

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
No, I don''t think that dark one looks good at all. Send it back.
27.gif
31.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love both Gene''s cut and Dan the Man''s!
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh.. YUM, YUM, and triple YUM! They all look gorgeous! Setting ideas?

Dogmom

Shiny_Rock
I'm with Freke and am digging the mint tourmaline from Dan. But, the darker one is gorgeous too! What a nice dilemma to have
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you made a decision yet?

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
Ohhh nice!!
3.gif
I love both the Dan one and the Gene one. I would set the one you don''t use in your mom''s ring as a present for yourself
9.gif
Too pretty to send back, that''s for sure! Dan''s stone certainly looks brighter in your pictures than it did in his! I''m really liking it!
36.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Oooh! Beautiful tourmalines! I''m really digging that beautiful Dan Stair Stone. Looks gorgeous!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are beautiful!!

lasscreative

Shiny_Rock
I vote dan!! the mintiness is GORGEOUS and you mention the sparkle it has!! Its a winner!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
For some reason I didn''t even see that you guys had added a bunch more posts to this thread! I thought it had made its way into second page obscurity so I didn''t come back to check!

Thanks so much for the kind words about the stones. I''m still torn but I am worried about the thing in the Dan stone propogating and creating a much larger crack. I need to get it looked at by someone who actually knows what they are talking about before I can truly make a final choice. I need to bring them into my jeweler.

Regardless of which one goes into Mom''s ring I will be keeping them both. I don''t mind prong settings (whereas my mother isn''t a big fan) so I will try to find something that will do the sparkly mint goodness some justice. My birthday is fairly early in the year so FF shouldn''t have any issues figuring out what to get me.
41.gif

No idea what to do with the little 5 mm olive guy. He might just sit around in his box with his buddy Mr Ebay Spess (once he arrives from Thailand) until an affordable setting option presents itself.

So for a setting option I think we are actually now leaning towards a custom ring made by Onegarnetgirl from etsy.com. She quoted me less than 1/2 of what it would cost to get a remake of Neatfreak''s stunner and I think that my mother would be plenty happy with either option.

As far as the design for the onegarnetgirl ring we are going with yellow gold, full bezel set IN the band (as opposed to ON the band as she does with some of her other stuff). Some of her work has the hammered, rustic look but I am going to request that it be as polished and refined looking as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results