shape
carat
color
clarity

Conclusion to the negative experience with Whiteflash...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I meant car dealership - I am english so I probably say things slightly differently to you. My point is this - the amount of money I am spending on my ring is nothing compared to some of the customers of WF spend. In fact I will tell you the approximate amount. Its probably around $4000. Hardly a hugely expensive purchase. Would you expect a manager from a car dealership to come and over-see you buying a car for that amount? I doubt it. But because WF want me to be relaxed in such a long distance transaction they are willing to do this for me.

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 5:50:50 PM
Author: risingsun
Date: 4/14/2007 5:29:57 PM

Author: IronMikey

Date: 4/14/2007 5:07:37 PM

Author: Maisie

I have decided to have WF make my ring. I have taken into account all the recent posts about them. The good thing about getting to know the staff via PS is that John Pollard offered to check my ring with another member of staff before it is despatched. I am happy with this. It means I can rest assured that they will make sure I shouldn''t have to return it as I live so far away.

I doubt very much this would be happening if they had remained a ''faceless'' company.

You don''t think they would make sure they sent you a satisfactory piece of jewelery if you didn''t get to know them on PS? Isn''t that really every company''s aim -- jewelery or not?

In theory shouldn''t they be doing this for everyone regardless of where they live? Best of luck with your purchase but it doesn''t seem like anyone is jumping through hoops for you.

I''m not trying to be negitive but it just seems at times like people on here are brainwashed by PS vendors -- reading through some of the posts on here makes me shake my head
Mikey~If you look through some of the threads about vendors, you may find a common theme. People that purchase through these vendors have gotten to know them. They are not hameless, faceless entities somewhere on the internet. This makes the PS experience unique. I would never have imagined making such an important and costly purchase in this manner, yet I did. I became acquainted with my vendor and spoke with him, not not only by phone and email, but by via PS 1-2-1 online appointment system. This is not brainwashing. This is developing a relationship.

See I''m not saying there is anything wrong with the vendors here -- overall I have read great things about them and I can''t make up my mind which to choose. All I''m saying is that there isn''t a need for people on here to try to stick up for vendors just b/c you had a positive experience with them in the past.

As much as forging positive relationships is part of a business, so too is letting people down from time to time. I want to know about all of it, good and bad, and make up my mind accordingly. You develop a relationship with someone but if it gets to the point where you''re defending them in a matter you are only hearing about through an internet forum then I''d say that''s close to being brainwashed. I''m sure people looked at the thread title here and their 1st thought was that they were going to jump to WF''s defense.

I''m not a regular on here so I''m just calling it as I see it

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 6:01:14 PM
I meant car dealership - I am english so I probably say things slightly differently to you. My point is this - the amount of money I am spending on my ring is nothing compared to some of the customers of WF spend. In fact I will tell you the approximate amount. Its probably around $4000. Hardly a hugely expensive purchase. Would you expect a manager from a car dealership to come and over-see you buying a car for that amount? I doubt it. But because WF want me to be relaxed in such a long distance transaction they are willing to do this for me.

Well still I disagree but it's beside the point. The owner of any well run business will interact with a consumer particularly in an industry that sees a good amount of repeat buying. The better question is, what if the owner of a car dealership refused to talk to you...I'd likely walk off the lot -- I think this shows it's not too far of a stretch to interact with a higher up.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can we agree to disagree? I had a really long day at work and its 11.19pm here
9.gif

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 6:20:10 PM
Can we agree to disagree? I had a really long day at work and its 11.19pm here
9.gif

absolutly...that''s what it''s all about sometimes.

And like I said before, best of luck with your purchase -- I hope there will be some pictures of it floating around on here soon!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
For the good, the bad and the ugly...visit a PS thread near you
3.gif
Now, may I please have have piece of lemon pie
1.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 5:29:57 PM

You don''t think they would make sure they sent you a satisfactory piece of jewelery if you didn''t get to know them on PS? Isn''t that really every company''s aim -- jewelery or not?

In theory shouldn''t they be doing this for everyone regardless of where they live? Best of luck with your purchase but it doesn''t seem like anyone is jumping through hoops for you.

I''m not trying to be negitive but it just seems at times like people on here are brainwashed by PS vendors -- reading through some of the posts on here makes me shake my head
Well *Bless Your Heart*.

Not everyone feels the need to display every negative thought they have. Not trying to be negative or anything, but maybe you should consider doing so yourself.

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, I didn''t read in the user agreement that negitivity is against forum rules. If you read what I was writing I wasn''t even being negitive -- I was really just advocating for people''s right to be negitive on this forum since I feel like it helps people like me make an educated choice on where to purchase.

I have nothing against WF or any vendor but when someone brings up one of their shortcomings it seems like posters take it personally.

In sum, I''d love more information about negitive experiences so that I''ll be best equipped to choose between vendors. For example, if WF, GOG, Excel, or whoever has the same stone and the same setting (hypothetically speaking), which should I choose. Threads like this help shed light on that type of thing (but of course they don''t tell the whole story).

I guess people have different uses for this forum and maybe that''s why I''m not on the same page as some people.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 7:50:21 PM
Sorry, I didn''t read in the user agreement that negitivity is against forum rules. If you read what I was writing I wasn''t even being negitive -- I was really just advocating for people''s right to be negitive on this forum since I feel like it helps people like me make an educated choice on where to purchase.

I have nothing against WF or any vendor but when someone brings up one of their shortcomings it seems like posters take it personally.

In sum, I''d love more information about negitive experiences so that I''ll be best equipped to choose between vendors. For example, if WF, GOG, Excel, or whoever has the same stone and the same setting (hypothetically speaking), which should I choose. Threads like this help shed light on that type of thing (but of course they don''t tell the whole story).

I guess people have different uses for this forum and maybe that''s why I''m not on the same page as some people.
there are ways of phrasing things.... like "I would absolutely go to WF for a round and to ERD for a cushion." Nothing negative there. Sometimes things don''t need to be spelled out. You can work with what is positive as well.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand where IronMikey''s coming from...for the most part, people here are so nice whenever someone has a question, and I love how people will always take the time to congratulate someone on their ring. When someone has a negative experience, most times people express their concern, but I feel that sometimes people react to negative comments about a vendor like the person was wrong for even telling the story. I think that happens when people feel the person was unrealistic in what they were expecting, but I think for the most part we all make that judgment for ourselves when we read someone''s story. I also think it should be totally OK for people to point out when they disagree, but I''ve seen some posts where people jump on the person pretty strongly. I do also see how working with one of these vendors on something so important and intimate like an engagement ring can make you feel very loyal to them if they treat you right. And that''s how it should be...but I also think that two people can have completely different experiences with the same vendor. And when that happens, it should be OK for the person to tell their experience.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I totally get IronMikey''s point as well. I''ve really appreciated all the support, feedback, educational information, etc. that is found on PS. And I think it''s very nice to have people appreciate your purchasing something as personally-important as one''s engagement ring. But I think the issue IronMikey is making is simply that being more objective all around is perhaps more conducive to creating an environment where consumers - who are about to make a huge luxury purchase (because let''s face it, nobody really NEEDS an engagement ring, it'' a luxury)- are able to get the most unbiased information on all things related to an ering purchase, including vendors, both online and B&M shops. The very fact that all the main internet diamond vendors advertise on PS lends a certain "slant" and so, I agree that it''s great to hear the good, the bad, and yes, even the ugly so we can all make as informed a decision on our purchases as possible, especially when those are done not in person, but online. Do I want to buy my ering from someone that isn''t as jerk? Sure I do! Would I like the experience to be a very pleasant one? Of course! But honestly, I''m not here to be BFFs with the person who sells me my ering. It''s a huge business transaction and I prefer to keep things on that level. I think what IronMikey was sensing is exactly what another poster said when they said the vendors "are more than vendors, they''re people we''ve grown to know." All I can say is that''s a great business model to get people to think you''re BFFs before they buy. I dont think anything vendors like WF do is out of the stratosphere in terms of customer service, from what I''ve read at least. It''s good business sense. Just as its good business sense to send your customer service liaison to post regularly on consumer forums like PS. This is a business - it''s a BIG business, and I personally prefer to not muddle into a gray area where I feel like I should buy a diamond from a vendor simply because they''re really nice people online.

I also agree with the above poster(s) who mentioned that some people react in public and some react more privately and voice their complaints directly to the party they have an issue with. It''s sadly the nature of the internet. Some people (I''m not saying the OP, just in general) have no issue with confrontation. I certainly would be bitching directly to the person who could solve my problem. But some people are not comfortable with confrontation and perhaps for those people, airing their issues in a supportive environment would help them figure out how to deal with confronting the person who CAN solve their problem - if that makes any sense!

Anyway, I just wish this thread had gone more along the lines of "I''m sorry you had such a time with your ering...It sounds like your problem was solved so congrats!" If the person still wants to gripe their are constructive ways of engaging them in conversation without mocking them or being sarcastic.

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
The two posters above summed up my overall points very well.

I think that since this is a consumer forum we should be concerned first with protecting us, the consumer. I''d feel really terrible if I had a problem with a purchase and someone else experienced the same problem at a later time b/c I didn''t offer a candid account of my transaction.

Saying something like "if I want a round stone i''d go to X, if I want an emerald i''d go to Y" can be read different ways -- it can mean you had a positive experience with both but prefer X over Y as you mentioned OR it can mean that the round stone you bought from Y a while back was a disappointment.

I''m always in favor of candor and I think that everyone who uses this board to help them decide where to make a purchase should be as well.

I think Surfgirl nailed a point that I was trying to make as well -- when we deal with the vendors on here we''re dealing with businesses on here not friends, make no mistake about it. You might feel a sense of loyalty to a vendor but you don''t owe them one as you would a friend of yours.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I explained this earlier in the thread, but I''ll say it again. My problem with the OP is the fact that he got a discount and a brand new ring (which he failed to make clear in his post) and is still unhappy about his experience. This just isn''t reasonable, in my opinion. It really doesn''t have to do with vendor love or thinking WF is my friend.

I think the OP would have gotten a lot more of the "I''m sorry you had such a time with your ering...It sounds like your problem was solved so congrats!" reactions surfgirl mentioned if he had been clear with what exactly happened or if he had seemed even remotely satisfied with the outcome.

I do agree that this forum exists to educate and protect consumers. However, posting vague, incomplete information about your purchase does nothing to help future consumers.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Surfgirl~I''m sure you are aware that I was talking about developing a business relationship with a vendor, not a BFF. I didn''t think that needed to be spelled out. Please don''t take my statements out of context. Thanks.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know when you go to a B&M regularly and you build up a relationship with the owner or a certain sales assistant? I think the thing that is missing when you buy online is the personal experience and some people miss that.

By these vendors becoming part of PS we can have that type of ''friendship'' with them and speaking for myself - I feel much more comfortable about the whole process.

I''m not stupid however - I know they are here to hopefully find some new customers. By educating us they are creating links which may some day pay off. Not everyone will use them though and thats fine.

Ironmikey - have you ever sat in on one of Wink or John Pollards webinars? We have a really great time, its fun and informative and you always leave with a smile on your face. Perhaps you could pop in on one soon and see that its not all about brainwashing
1.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thing2of2, I felt the same way as you did -- Dana should have pointed out all the specifics. By leaving out the fact that he got a discount (I think that Dana posted a separate thread saying that they ended up making a new ring), when WF pointed it out, it gave Dana''s story less credibility. And I was glad that you pointed it out, and I felt that you did it in a respectful, matter-of-fact way, without attack. I do also think, though, that you could get a discount, a new ring, and whatever, and still feel dissatisfied with the company. If it''s true that he felt disrespected and unimportant throughtout the process, perhaps he felt that it took too much work to get the company to do the "right" thing in the end. When a company has your money, and you have no other recourse than to keep dealing with them, they can do the right thing at the end, but the experience doesn''t get "erased".

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Exactly claudinam. I think another really important issue to always keep in mind is that it is extremely difficult sometimes to accurately convey the intention behind one''s words when communicating via emails and online forums such as this one. It''s easy to read the "OMG! Your ring is gorgeous!!!" posts, but when one is struggling with a dissatisfied transaction on what is already an emotional purchase, it is sometimes difficult to know exactly what tone the writer is writing with. For example, I referred to other posters who said upthread that they have gotten to know these vendors and they are more than just vendors, they''re people to them now. I was not singling out any one poster in particular, just a feeling that several people have already mentioned in one way or another, but one poster takes it as a personal jab, which it was never meant to be. Just one of many examples on this thread of how misconstrued communication becomes when dealing with a medium such as the internet. Another example would be the "pie" references which, to me, read as "we''re so not giving this OP anymore time so let''s just all ignore the issue being presented and talk about something silly like pie." To me, that felt like it was being quite rude to the OP and the discussion but that''s just how it came across electronically to me. In fact, the writer probably had no intention like that at all when they wrote it, but I took it that way and perhaps I took it the wrong way. Again, I dont know the writer''s intention so it''s really difficult for me to tell if they''re being sarcastic towards the OP or just being silly. And no, I''m not singling out anyone, just sharing that as a personal example of how posts can be mis-read. Perhaps the OP was stating his case very matter-of-fact in his eyes but it didn''t come across that way? I''ve learned the hard way in business and personal issues, that when using the internet to communicate something important, one has to really "cushion" their actual feelings inside alot of "fluff" in order to make the reader get their tone, etc. It''s exhausting sometimes and for me, sometimes I just write something very unemotionally with a "just the facts" tone and it gets misconstrued as being "bitchy" or something it wasnt intended to be. It''s just food for thought because it would be nicer to be able to have these conversations on PS, than not be able to have them.

And along these same lines, I can totally see how the OP and WF probably had some "bad emails" passed between them since one person might be writing a rather unemotional, factual email and the recipient might read it as being cold, uncaring or even rude. Which I suppose goes back to the need to follow up by phone when making such a purchase, no matter how far you might be from the actual vendor.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
surfgirl, the pie reference is not used to ignore or distract from the OPs post, it is just a saying used on this forum as a means of diffusing the tension. There are several other threads that have had this pie reference as well when the discussion got heated.

*M*

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
those who were saying that they felt the OP left out some key details in their posting and that might have left a sour taste in some PS'ers mouths totally resonates with me. we have seen some people here in the past who come on and post a 'negative' or 'horrible' experience with a vendor and then posted their 'horrific' tale but because vendors are basically allowed to defend themselves if attacked, we have seen that it's not always as it seems from the customer side...and many times vendors have proof of that. so really i do know from experience here (years of it) that there are two sides to the story and typically it's never as bad as the customer portrays. their emotions typically run pretty deeply on this issue as i pointed out before, so yes it can color how they view the whole experience and make it worse than it might seem to others. but also people tend to leave out key facts in trying to paint such a horrible picture of the vendor. nothing is that black and white. and a vendor like WF or GOG or any of the other one who frequent pricescope would not be as successful and popular as they are if they were really and truly as horrible as some of the posters try to make them sound to be. so i just take everything with a big fat grain of salt.

yes it sucks when an experience goes awry. yes it sucks when the ring has some negative emotions or drama attached to it. but really people can choose how they tend to view things. if they got what they wanted in the end, let the negativity go and just enjoy your new ring!!! you have the power within you, we all do, to determine how we are going to let things affect us now and in the future. that is life, and if i ran around getting all bitter and whiney about every bad thing that happened to me, i'd have a really sucky, negative life!!

so anyway...all this back and forth and this and that. customers can definitely post their experience and they are encouraged to do so. but i really would hate to see 'oh im so sorry that happened to you, enjoy your ring' as the only response to something like this because many PS'ers know from experience that it's not one sided. and i like when vendors chime in and are respectful yet say 'hey that's not the whole story' because it does affect their credibility and reputation as well. as long as both sides can be posted then that's fine in my opinion. i just think that customers who do decide to post their experience should know that the vendor can rebut and that they should not be leaving out key elements that might change PS'ers opinion...to try to make the vendor look as bad as possible. OR flat out include in a post something that says 'i may be viewing this through emotional eyes but this is my story as i see it' kinda thing...rather than presenting their side as FACT yet the vendor sometimes has things that prove otherwise. to me that is where the credibility of the OP and story can get a little weird and PS'ers pick up on that.

bottom line is i am glad that the OP got this worked out with WF. the conclusion to the experience doesn't sound all that horrible to me since it seems like WF did whatever they could, but that's just me. i have had way more horrible experiences with other purchases (not diamond related) where the vendor doesn't even care you are dissatisfied and surely wouldn't try to fix the wrongs...that happens way too often in today's world IMO. sure it would have been fab if nothing had gone wrong, but something did and WF took care of it. so i hope OP can enjoy the ring and we can all enjoy some big fat lemon pie (with real whipped cream) and move on?!?!?!
3.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Surfgirl, I know what you mean...it''s hard to guess someone''s "tone" sometimes in e-mails/posts. What comes off as one thing may have been meant in a completely different way.

I''m glad this thread has gone as far as it has...I think it gave people a real chance to express different points of view...

I think that it takes some people longer than others to let go of a negative experience. We''re all different, and what may bother one person will not bother the next. Again, I think as long as the poster/person discloses all the facts surrounding a transaction, they are entitled to feel how they want to feel, even if to most of us, the person seems unreasonable in their expectations. I consider myself a very positive person, and find it very draining when someone''s a complainer/negative person...but I think even the most positive of persons has situations that push certain buttons, and it''s harder to let go of the negative. I think Dana will eventually "get over it" and will enjoy the ring -- it just may take him a little longer, for whatever reason/s are his own. But definitely, like I was saying to thing2of2, I am so glad that 1. it was pointed out to Dana that he should have disclosed all the facts and 2. that we got to hear WF''s side.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poptart, what is your cat's name. Adorable! (I have a cat named Goblin).

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 1:53:29 PM
Author: claudinam
Poptart, what is your cat''s name. Adorable! (I have a cat named Goblin).
Oh, he''s not mine, I''m allergic. But I love funny cats and liked this picture! Thanks for the compliment!

*M*

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 1:07:43 PM
Author: surfgirl
Exactly claudinam. I think another really important issue to always keep in mind is that it is extremely difficult sometimes to accurately convey the intention behind one''s words when communicating via emails and online forums such as this one. It''s easy to read the ''OMG! Your ring is gorgeous!!!'' posts, but when one is struggling with a dissatisfied transaction on what is already an emotional purchase, it is sometimes difficult to know exactly what tone the writer is writing with. For example, I referred to other posters who said upthread that they have gotten to know these vendors and they are more than just vendors, they''re people to them now. I was not singling out any one poster in particular, just a feeling that several people have already mentioned in one way or another, but one poster takes it as a personal jab, which it was never meant to be. Just one of many examples on this thread of how misconstrued communication becomes when dealing with a medium such as the internet. Another example would be the ''pie'' references which, to me, read as ''we''re so not giving this OP anymore time so let''s just all ignore the issue being presented and talk about something silly like pie.'' To me, that felt like it was being quite rude to the OP and the discussion but that''s just how it came across electronically to me. In fact, the writer probably had no intention like that at all when they wrote it, but I took it that way and perhaps I took it the wrong way. Again, I dont know the writer''s intention so it''s really difficult for me to tell if they''re being sarcastic towards the OP or just being silly. And no, I''m not singling out anyone, just sharing that as a personal example of how posts can be mis-read. Perhaps the OP was stating his case very matter-of-fact in his eyes but it didn''t come across that way? I''ve learned the hard way in business and personal issues, that when using the internet to communicate something important, one has to really ''cushion'' their actual feelings inside alot of ''fluff'' in order to make the reader get their tone, etc. It''s exhausting sometimes and for me, sometimes I just write something very unemotionally with a ''just the facts'' tone and it gets misconstrued as being ''bitchy'' or something it wasnt intended to be. It''s just food for thought because it would be nicer to be able to have these conversations on PS, than not be able to have them.

And along these same lines, I can totally see how the OP and WF probably had some ''bad emails'' passed between them since one person might be writing a rather unemotional, factual email and the recipient might read it as being cold, uncaring or even rude. Which I suppose goes back to the need to follow up by phone when making such a purchase, no matter how far you might be from the actual vendor.

I have noticed that most of the people complaining here are the ones who are either new here or who haven''t posted much. I have noticed that pricescope is a sort of family. We go through some of the best and worse of experiences together. I for one have been made to feel most welcome here and I really appreciate that. You can post messages about the most weird and wonderful topics - my most recent one was about fleas of all things!
9.gif

I guess what I am trying to say is that you should hang round here a bit more and get to know us properly and you will see we are a nice bunch of people. Then perhaps you won''t criticise us so much. We are supportive when it warrants it, we are sensible when needed and silly when it gets too serious.

Get to know us and see we aren''t that bad
9.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 12:21:00 PM
Author: claudinam
thing2of2, I felt the same way as you did -- Dana should have pointed out all the specifics. By leaving out the fact that he got a discount (I think that Dana posted a separate thread saying that they ended up making a new ring), when WF pointed it out, it gave Dana''s story less credibility. And I was glad that you pointed it out, and I felt that you did it in a respectful, matter-of-fact way, without attack. I do also think, though, that you could get a discount, a new ring, and whatever, and still feel dissatisfied with the company. If it''s true that he felt disrespected and unimportant throughtout the process, perhaps he felt that it took too much work to get the company to do the ''right'' thing in the end. When a company has your money, and you have no other recourse than to keep dealing with them, they can do the right thing at the end, but the experience doesn''t get ''erased''.

But the OP had a choice...he could have taken the refund that WF offered him. Because he didn''t, and instead asked for a discount and kept the ring, I feel that he should have pretty much gotten over it at that point.

I''m not trying to be dismissive or rude, but the reason a company offers a discount is to keep a customer satisfied and happy. So if a discount won''t make you feel satisfied and happy, I think you should just go ahead and get your money back and move on.

Of course he could still feel disrespected by his sales representative or the company, but because he never even spoke to WF on the telephone, I think the disrespectful/non-"warm and fuzzy" vibes the OP experienced were at least partly (if not completely) the result of e-mail alone being a cold, "just the facts" way of communicating. (What surfgirl was saying.)

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 1:58:57 PM
Date: 4/15/2007 1:07:43 PM

Author: surfgirl

Exactly claudinam. I think another really important issue to always keep in mind is that it is extremely difficult sometimes to accurately convey the intention behind one''s words when communicating via emails and online forums such as this one. It''s easy to read the ''OMG! Your ring is gorgeous!!!'' posts, but when one is struggling with a dissatisfied transaction on what is already an emotional purchase, it is sometimes difficult to know exactly what tone the writer is writing with. For example, I referred to other posters who said upthread that they have gotten to know these vendors and they are more than just vendors, they''re people to them now. I was not singling out any one poster in particular, just a feeling that several people have already mentioned in one way or another, but one poster takes it as a personal jab, which it was never meant to be. Just one of many examples on this thread of how misconstrued communication becomes when dealing with a medium such as the internet. Another example would be the ''pie'' references which, to me, read as ''we''re so not giving this OP anymore time so let''s just all ignore the issue being presented and talk about something silly like pie.'' To me, that felt like it was being quite rude to the OP and the discussion but that''s just how it came across electronically to me. In fact, the writer probably had no intention like that at all when they wrote it, but I took it that way and perhaps I took it the wrong way. Again, I dont know the writer''s intention so it''s really difficult for me to tell if they''re being sarcastic towards the OP or just being silly. And no, I''m not singling out anyone, just sharing that as a personal example of how posts can be mis-read. Perhaps the OP was stating his case very matter-of-fact in his eyes but it didn''t come across that way? I''ve learned the hard way in business and personal issues, that when using the internet to communicate something important, one has to really ''cushion'' their actual feelings inside alot of ''fluff'' in order to make the reader get their tone, etc. It''s exhausting sometimes and for me, sometimes I just write something very unemotionally with a ''just the facts'' tone and it gets misconstrued as being ''bitchy'' or something it wasnt intended to be. It''s just food for thought because it would be nicer to be able to have these conversations on PS, than not be able to have them.

And along these same lines, I can totally see how the OP and WF probably had some ''bad emails'' passed between them since one person might be writing a rather unemotional, factual email and the recipient might read it as being cold, uncaring or even rude. Which I suppose goes back to the need to follow up by phone when making such a purchase, no matter how far you might be from the actual vendor.

I have noticed that most of the people complaining here are the ones who are either new here or who haven''t posted much. I have noticed that pricescope is a sort of family. We go through some of the best and worse of experiences together. I for one have been made to feel most welcome here and I really appreciate that. You can post messages about the most weird and wonderful topics - my most recent one was about fleas of all things!
9.gif

I guess what I am trying to say is that you should hang round here a bit more and get to know us properly and you will see we are a nice bunch of people. Then perhaps you won''t criticise us so much. We are supportive when it warrants it, we are sensible when needed and silly when it gets too serious.

Get to know us and see we aren''t that bad
9.gif

I don''t think anyone has a problem with anyone in particular, at least I sure don''t. I just think the newer people like myself are using this board for a different purpose then people who post numerous times a day are.

I''m using this site to educate myself prior to purchasing an ER. Some people on here, probably those who feel this is more of a "family," seem to really love discussing jewelery and helping people like me out. I appreciate that 100% but I don''t appreciate when people try to stiffle the negitive opinions offered by a poster.

I think surfgirl mentioned this too -- If you have a bad experience and it takes away from what is a truly important event in your life, then I wouldn''t fault anyone for sharing this experience rather than keeping it between them and the vendor. Even if a problem is successfully resolved it was still a problem. Forums like this can really help people find places where problems don''t happen in the first place.

I''m not saying WF has a bunch of problems, I''m just saying that if they did I''d want to know about it b/c I think we owe each other that as consumers using a forum like this.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
IronMikey, no one''s trying to "stifle" the OP''s negative opinion. However, if you post on a public forum, you''re going to get varied responses.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thing2of2 -- I had forgotten that he had been offered a refund. I think what you just said is completely reasonable, I see your point of view, and completely agree with it, actually -- if you are unhappy beyond return, and are given the option of walking away, do. I think it's hard to know all the reasons behind someone's decisions (perhaps he seriously considered it but just didn't want to go through the ordeal of starting from scratch). That said, that's why it's so important, and fair, to disclose all the facts and be as factual as possible when telling about your experience.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poptart...you''re welcome!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 2:05:53 PM
Author: thing2of2

I''m not trying to be dismissive or rude, but the reason a company offers a discount is to keep a customer satisfied and happy. So if a discount won''t make you feel satisfied and happy, I think you should just go ahead and get your money back and move on.

Gosh yes! If the transaction has gone that sour, given the opportunity, I''d certainly back out and start over with a vendor I liked better.

By the way, I really don''t like lemon pie. So I''ve brought something else to share with anyone else who likes chocolate, and sure to take the bad taste out of my mouth:

chocolate cake.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am a huge fan of Strawberry. YUMMMMMMY
35.gif

pieStrawberry.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results