shape
carat
color
clarity

Conclusion to the negative experience with Whiteflash...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s all about perspective...yes there have been a few complaints recently about quality control with whiteflash. But compare that to the literally hundreds of transactions that have occured in a very positive manner during the same timeperiod. Stuff happens and it sounds like WF did their best to make the situation better. A discount AND fixed the ring to perfection. Sounds good to me!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/13/2007 1:01:58 PM
Author: richie5120

Date: 4/13/2007 11:40:37 AM
Author: Maisie
I do value my money! I just think that you are being silly! Whiteflash has done everything within their power to resolve this issue. How many successful transactions do you think they have in any one year? And we hear of maybe one or two having some slight problems. You have to put this into perspective!

Have a nice day!
Perspective? tell that to WF! They should implement stricter quality control. I''ve only been a member here on Pricescope for a few months. I''ve already read another poster had a similiar issue with WF. You think after reading these post I''m going to have WF set my diamond? You think I''ll buy a ring from WF?
I''ll give them this much I would probably purchase a diamond from them!

Forums like this are to help educate consumers make the right decision. Buying a diamond/ring will be in most cases the 4th biggest financial transaction a consumer will make. If that was my ring deliverd to my house in that condition I''d have WF pay shipping both ways, refund all my money including the wire fees on both sides of the transaction. If they hesitated to do comply with my wishes I''d contact the BBB! Put yourself in this posters shoes and see how you''d like to spend a large amount of money only to have crap delivered to your front door!

Vendors that have issues with quality control and that let rings fly out their door in unsatisfactory condition/quality is just plain SILLY!

I just hate reading about the same Vendor with the same issues at hand, trust me it''s not a good sign!
29.gif
I would NOT deal with a person like you (PERIOD.)
You should educate yourself before trying to educate others!!!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Now we have two disgruntled peeps on this thread. One of whom already posted that WF made things "right" for him and his GF and the other complaining that WF didn''t make things "right enough." I asked the OP before, are you satisfied with your ring? If so, it''s time to move on...seriously.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wonder what exactly would have made you happy, hot4teacher? It seems like the only thing that would make you happy is to be able to turn back time and have a "do-over." However, since that''s obviously not possible, it seems to me that a discount and a brand new ring are entirely reasonable. I also think it''s unreasonable and just plain odd to refuse to speak to Whiteflash on the telephone.

As for richie5120, I suggest you go through and read everyone''s happy, positive stories who bought from Whiteflash before you make ridiculous judgements on the entire company. Countless people on here have raved about Whiteflash, including myself. I can guarantee you that you are everyone''s worst nightmare of a customer. And I just have to ask: have you ever made a mistake in your life? Ever messed anything up at work? School? If you haven''t, I''d really love to see you walk on water some time...

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
I must say I am now probably beating a dead horse even more to death, but two points as a newbie currently exploring vendors!

I do think it is unfair of Dana to insinuate that Whiteflash failed to send a specific e-mail on March 9 when it is very likely that this failure was due to a spam filter (I highly doubt Whiteflash would make-up/post-date an e-mail). Dana also understated the solution to his problem (a new ring at a discount).

However that does not in anyway change the points below:

1. There has been a lot of insinuations from Whiteflash and others on this board, that there may be "cultural differences" or language barriers that caused some of the miscommunication and also Dana''s "irrational" expectations.

Correct me if I''m completely wrong Dana!! But in his first post he said he was WORKING FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE IN JAPAN, I belive Dana is American (I think I may have read another post from him about being from NY). I imagine some of the customer service issues Dana experienced comes from this fundamental ssumption that Dana was Japanese and therefore didn''t understand the language or "American business."

2. With the above in context, I think Dana was generally unhappy with how Whiteflash treated him more than anything else. Basically that Bob and others were recalcitrant and "treated him like a child." Treating someone like a child often happens when one person assumes the other does not understand English. I too would have a bad taste in my mouth as well if that is the case even after the company attempted to make things right.

Reading throgh Dana''s past post when he was so excited that Whiteflash could do the setting he wanted, and his experience of the company now, I do believe there is more to this than the fact that he failed to recieve an e-mail.

Most importantly, I personally think it is appropriate to say you have a negative view of the company even after they give you a refund, an exchange, or a new ring. As someone who worked in customer service for 4 years, I don''t think this is contradictary. If a person yells at you, or treats you in a condescending way, getting a refund will not change your impression of the company or the person, and I feel its fair to share that opinion with others.

Kelkel

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 3:21:50 PM
Author: peridot83

Most importantly, I personally think it is appropriate to say you have a negative view of the company even after they give you a refund, an exchange, or a new ring. As someone who worked in customer service for 4 years, I don''t think this is contradictary. If a person yells at you, or treats you in a condescending way, getting a refund will not change your impression of the company or the person, and I feel its fair to share that opinion with others.

Imagine that you own a company and sold a product to a customer. The customer came back and complained that it was defective and he was treated poorly by the sales rep. You accepted the responsibility and exchanged the item for a brand new one in good condition. The customer said he deserved compensation and is not happy. You offered a future discount, and the customer said it''s not acceptable, claiming that a discount of the current item would bring a "positive ending" to the story. You conceded and offered the discount, as well as the option of a full refund. He decided to take the discount offer.

Would you expect that the customer is now satisfied after all these steps? Or you would still expect him to go out and shared his experience by telling people he''s mistreated and not satisifed at the end?

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think calling the ring ''crap'' was completely over the top and extremely insulting to Whiteflash. ''Crap'' is a tin ring with diamond chips glued on it, not Whiteflash pieces. Just mind-boggling.
32.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
In the process of making my purchase from WF, I spoke with John, Leslie, Brian, Tracy, Vera and probably others. I was a nervous shopper and had many questions. Those who spent the most time with me were John, Leslie and Brian. They always had time for my calls and concerns. This included some late night calls to accomodate our schedules. Brian took a good amount of time explaining some technical questions I had about diamond cutting and finishing
6.gif
I used the phone, most of the time, because it was the most direct way of communicating with WF. The customer has certain responsibilities when making a purchase. I do not understand why the OP refused to offer a phone # to expedite the situation. As for referring to the ring as "crap," [disgruntled person #2], that's just a load of rubbish
38.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

I must say I am now probably beating a dead horse even more to death, but two points as a newbie currently exploring vendors!

I do think it is unfair of Dana to insinuate that Whiteflash failed to send a specific e-mail on March 9 when it is very likely that this failure was due to a spam filter (I highly doubt Whiteflash would make-up/post-date an e-mail). Dana also understated the solution to his problem (a new ring at a discount).

1. There has been a lot of insinuations from Whiteflash and others on this board, that there may be 'cultural differences' or language barriers that caused some of the miscommunication and also Dana's 'irrational' expectations.

Correct me if I'm completely wrong Dana!! But in his first post he said he was WORKING FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE IN JAPAN, I belive Dana is American (I think I may have read another post from him about being from NY). I imagine some of the customer service issues Dana experienced comes from this fundamental ssumption that Dana was Japanese and therefore didn't understand the language or 'American business.'

2. With the above in context, I think Dana was generally unhappy with how Whiteflash treated him more than anything else. Basically that Bob and others were recalcitrant and 'treated him like a child.' Treating someone like a child often happens when one person assumes the other does not understand English. I too would have a bad taste in my mouth as well if that is the case even after the company attempted to make things right.

Reading throgh Dana's past post when he was so excited that Whiteflash could do the setting he wanted, and his experience of the company now, I do believe there is more to this than the fact that he failed to recieve an e-mail.

Most importantly, I personally think it is appropriate to say you have a negative view of the company even after they give you a refund, an exchange, or a new ring. As someone who worked in customer service for 4 years, I don't think this is contradictary. If a person yells at you, or treats you in a condescending way, getting a refund will not change your impression of the company or the person, and I feel its fair to share that opinion with others.
I am english with a northern accent (which is quite strong and possibly difficult for an american to understand). I have never encountered anything less than politeness and respect from anyone at Whiteflash. I doubt you are right on this point. BUT if this was the case surely a quick telephone call would have cleared this up instantly!

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
I think everyone has different views on customer service, especially with rings. Rings can be remade, and unlike a concert performance, it can be replicated again=) .

I have made numerous mistakes as a customer service rep but I can def. see the other side of the story:

Lets say you work at a ticketing office. Customer goes to see a show. He comes back and claim that he was extremely misled about the seats. There was a pole in his way the whole time. The experience ruined their wedding anniversary etc. The customer says he'll never see a show in you theater again and may even contact the performer about the unprofessionalism of the venue.

The venue can't deny the fact that the customer service represenative may have made a mistake and neglected to tell the customer about the pole. (even though you wonder why the customer never said anything at the time of the performance etc.)

Regardless of whether the venue bends over backwared for the customer, will he still send an e-mail to the performer? May the customer complain about it to their friends? OF COURSE. If the mistake was made, it was unprofessional REGARDLESS of what the venue does to correct it. Who wants to pay $200-400 dollar tickets to see a show, only to find out there's a pole in the way? You may never pay that money to that venue again because of your doubts about the sales representaives and their knowledge about the venue.

If they offer a refund that's nice and may change your opinion, but the point is, as a customer, you never WANT to be in that situation in the first place. And assuming you have other options, you will never choose that venue again.

In this situation, the goal of the office by offering a discount or a refund is to make the customer as happy as you can and not loose them permantely. But this may not be possible; you are already not trusthworthy in the customer's eyes. The most important thing at that point, is to be able to defend yourself, as whiteflash has done, to the performer or potential new customers about the reasonable steps you took.

But I believe, you can't expect the customer to NOT tell their friends "Beware when you order tickets from X, they totally screwed up my seats and ruined my birthday, engagement, special event" (the fact that they got a refund does not make the previous statement less true) At least Whiteflash has a venue to adequtely defend themselves, which often doesn't happen....

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Customer service doesn''t end with the transaction though. And Whiteflash have done everything in their power to rectify the situation.

I just feel that perhaps the poster has come here to complain about something which has been sorted out. I dunno - it just doesn''t feel right to me. Its like they are still waiting for something else......

Kelkel

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 5:36:21 PM

But I believe, you can''t expect the customer to NOT tell their friends ''Beware when you order tickets from X, they totally screwed up my seats and ruined my birthday, engagement, special event'' (the fact that they got a refund does not make the previous statement less true) At least Whiteflash has a venue to adequtely defend themselves, which often doesn''t happen....

So basically you are saying that if a business makes a mistake, they should accept that the customers are going to spread bad words. If your customer tell you that "I''m not happy and I want a full refund", you assume that he won''t be happy even after you give him the full refund, right?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
In this situation, the goal of the office by offering a discount or a refund is to make the customer as happy as you can and not loose them permantely. But this may not be possible; you are already not trusthworthy in the customer''s eyes.

But I believe, you can''t expect the customer to NOT tell their friends ''Beware when you order tickets from X, they totally screwed up my seats and ruined my birthday, engagement, special event'' (the fact that they got a refund does not make the previous statement less true) At least Whiteflash has a venue to adequtely defend themselves, which often doesn''t happen....

IMO ... if a customer requests a specific $ amount to "make him satisfied" -- and the vendor offers it ... and then the customer tells more than "his friends" about the incident ... but complains loudly to an industry webboard, making it CLEAR that he is not *in fact* SATISFIED ... anything but. It''s acting in bad faith.

"I''ll be happy with $$. Oh wait - I''m NOT happy. Listen, everyone - about how NOT happy I am." *while gleefully stroking a re-made ring and a fat wad o''cash.

Cake? Eat it too?
20.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock

If they offer a refund that''s nice and may change your opinion, but the point is, as a customer, you never WANT to be in that situation in the first place. And assuming you have other options, you will never choose that venue again.

In this situation, the goal of the office by offering a discount or a refund is to make the customer as happy as you can and not loose them permantely. But this may not be possible; you are already not trusthworthy in the customer''s eyes. The most important thing at that point, is to be able to defend yourself, as whiteflash has done, to the performer or potential new customers about the reasonable steps you took.

When I worked in customer service, there were several customers that no matter what we did, they couldn''t be satisfied. And in those situations, we didn''t care about losing their business. In fact, the owner of one place actually told the customer his business was not welcome anymore.

Maybe that wasn''t the best way to be, but again, some people can not be satisfied. I think WF should be glad to be done with them.

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
First, Whiteflash, I believe was trying to be completely and utterly helpful. I don't doubt that for one second - considering Whiteflash's excellent reputation for customer service on this board (and i'll edit my previous post to make sure I state that).

About my theory about the assumption of cultural/language differences.
This was based on two of the below statements

One from Dana himself stating that Whiteflash was mischaracterizing his e-mails and as to the Japanese customer service...

One from Whiteflash that they offered to communicate in Japanese with Dana if he were to call them.

It is very very delicate to tell a customer that you don't think they understand your words. As a customer, if a company e-mailed me "I don't think you understand what we're trying to say, why don't you call us, and we'll have someone speaking Japanese help out" Me: "uhhh no, I understand you just fine that's not the problem, lets just continue this by e-mail"

Comments can come out very condescending over e-mail, ESPECIALLY when you are trying to tell a customer that you don't think they understand the language.

As to Customer Service: yes even if a customer does get a refund that will not change the experience that happened before it. It really does suck, but is true in every profession/ business, its REALLY REALLY hard to erase a person's negative impression. That's true of any person, mistakes don't just hurt the business but hurt and linger with the customer as well. Customers aren't lying when they sa that a mistake sticks with them, and they think about it A LOT.

Mistakes are extremely costly for that reason. If i go into a store and want to return a shirt, and the clerk is extremely rude, rolls their eyes etc. It doesn't matter if the manager comes out and tries to rectify the situation, it doesn't matter that I get my refund, I'll tell everyone about my rude experience at that store, because it shocked/hurt/ruined my expectations. I will keep on going over the situation over and over in my head, and retell it to others. Perhaps I'm not as understaning as others, but I do think MOST people react this way.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 4:20:37 PM

1. There has been a lot of insinuations from Whiteflash and others on this board, that there may be ''cultural differences'' or language barriers that caused some of the miscommunication and also Dana''s ''irrational'' expectations.

Correct me if I''m completely wrong Dana!! But in his first post he said he was WORKING FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE IN JAPAN, I belive Dana is American (I think I may have read another post from him about being from NY). I imagine some of the customer service issues Dana experienced comes from this fundamental ssumption that Dana was Japanese and therefore didn''t understand the language or ''American business.''

2. With the above in context, I think Dana was generally unhappy with how Whiteflash treated him more than anything else. Basically that Bob and others were recalcitrant and ''treated him like a child.'' Treating someone like a child often happens when one person assumes the other does not understand English. I too would have a bad taste in my mouth as well if that is the case even after the company attempted to make things right.

Reading throgh Dana''s past post when he was so excited that Whiteflash could do the setting he wanted, and his experience of the company now, I do believe there is more to this than the fact that he failed to recieve an e-mail.

I am english with a northern accent (which is quite strong and possibly difficult for an american to understand). I have never encountered anything less than politeness and respect from anyone at Whiteflash. I doubt you are right on this point. BUT if this was the case surely a quick telephone call would have cleared this up instantly!
No disrespect Maisie, but just because you have always been treated with respect doesn''t mean there are not others who have been treated poorly. As a matter of fact, I am not all that shocked by this particular issue and can fully imagine this treatment as I myself was subjected to this. So, though I agree with all of you that WF seems to have gone over and beyond in trying to rectify this situation with the ring, I don''t think you can deny that someone else might have been treated poorly just because you were treated well.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fair enough
1.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Siince the concert example was brought up, I had concert experience I would like to share. We had tickets to see a concert at Wolf Trap. Off we went and were sitting in our seats when another couple came along with tickets to the same seats! I looked at our tickets...they were for the following day....smacks forehead
6.gif
The venue managed to find us excellent seats for that day and we enjoyed our concert. That's customer service!! Back to topic--a ring can be remade. A proposal shouldn't be ruined by a tilted head. It's a disappointment, not a catastrophe. Many things can not be made whole, this is not one of them.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 6:02:39 PM
Author: decodelighted

In this situation, the goal of the office by offering a discount or a refund is to make the customer as happy as you can and not loose them permantely. But this may not be possible; you are already not trusthworthy in the customer''s eyes.

IMO ... if a customer requests a specific $ amount to ''make him satisfied'' -- and the vendor offers it ... and then the customer tells more than ''his friends'' about the incident ... but complains loudly to an industry webboard, making it CLEAR that he is not *in fact* SATISFIED ... anything but. It''s acting in bad faith.

''I''ll be happy with $$. Oh wait - I''m NOT happy. Listen, everyone - about how NOT happy I am.'' *while gleefully stroking a re-made ring and a fat wad o''cash.

Cake? Eat it too?
20.gif
I am sure I will get flamed for this but truly . . . this place exists to speak our mind even if it is to say something against PS''s beloved WF. People come here are recommend PS vendors particularly WF, this is supposed to be a consumer board, good and bad reports.

I FULLY acknowledge that I was a little put off by the OP''s post here after reading John''s rebuttal because I felt the OP didn''t fully disclose the terms of the final agreement . . . i.e. the discount and if the final ring is in acceptable condition. It would have left me with a better feeling if the OP had been upfront with everything as opposed to having John have to "defend" WF but hey atleast WF does have a chance to set things straight from their end.

BUT I have to disagree that the OP shouldn''t post his feelings about the situation and WF. That discount was for the problems the OP had to endure not to BUY his silence on this board.

Just for the record, we never got any kind of discount for our troubles but hey now I wish we had asked
emwink.gif

I am very uncomfortable with how "vendor love" heavy people are sometimes. As I understand it and correct me if I am wrong, this is a consumer board and we should all be allowed, even welcomed to post our experiences good and bad and not be intimidated into just reporting the good stuff.

Anyway, running off to put on my fire proof suit

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have a problem with the poster telling us the story. My problem is that they didn't tell the whole story.... only the parts that made the experience look a lot worse than it probably was. Its like when you were a kid and you were telling tales on your sibling.... you want them to look worse than you!

I am all for hearing how companys are performing.

1.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 6:29:59 PM
I don''t have a problem with the poster telling us the story. My problem is that they didn''t tell the whole story.... only the parts that made the experience look a lot worse than it probably was. Its like when you were a kid and you were telling tales on your sibling.... you want them to look worse than you!

1.gif

I TOTALLY agree with you Maisie and that was the most off putting thing with his post however that is the great thing about PS . . . it gives WF a chance to set the record straight and actually they come out of it looking better for it, at least that is what I think.

I just think this is already a pretty intimidating place sometimes and I think it is ever important for consumers to feel free to post their views without feeling intimidated, otherwise this place would just be a paid advertisement and not a consumer board, does that make sense?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 6:25:32 PM
Author: hikerchick
That discount was for the problems the OP had to endure not to BUY his silence on this board.

I am very uncomfortable with how ''vendor love'' heavy people are sometimes. As I understand it and correct me if I am wrong, this is a consumer board and we should all be allowed, even welcomed to post our experiences good and bad and not be intimidated into just reporting the good stuff.

No need for a fire-proof suit ... but I have to say that I''m not a vendor-defender. You can look at my old posts & see that. I''ve never bought from Whiteflash & have no bias toward or against them.

The way *I* interpreted both sides''s claims -- it seems that OP has gone back on their promise to be "satisfied" with monetary compensation. Not that it''s "buying silence". But seemingly willful manipulation of the THREAT of blasting the vendor, taking the cash, and then doing it ANYWAY. Something that was the OP''s original idea -- compensation, not for the "trouble" as you''re saying Hikerchick ... but "for a happy ending". I.e. -- being satisfied & NOT feeling upset.

Some people have been all "poor you" - I just don''t see it like that. And I have a right to voice my perception as well.

I hope the "threat" of my personal thoughts won''t "intimidate" others from posting genuine complaints or concerns about ANY vendor. Even ones I''ve happily patronized: Golda, Hummingbird, EstateDiamondJewelry.com.
1.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes it makes lots of sense. I would be lost without the invaluable help I have received on PS. I guess we just need to be careful we only post accurate reports of what actually went on.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 6:25:32 PM
Author: hikerchick

...I have to disagree that the OP shouldn''t post his feelings about the situation and WF. That discount was for the problems the OP had to endure not to BUY his silence on this board.

Just for the record, we never got any kind of discount for our troubles but hey now I wish we had asked
emwink.gif

I am very uncomfortable with how ''vendor love'' heavy people are sometimes. As I understand it and correct me if I am wrong, this is a consumer board and we should all be allowed, even welcomed to post our experiences good and bad and not be intimidated into just reporting the good stuff.

Anyway, running off to put on my fire proof suit
I agree that this is a board for the consumer, and we definitely need to share good and bad experiences. I had an insulting experience with a B&M, and yes they did resolve the main issue, which was that they finally got our GIA report to us after a lot of aggravation, but having the report did not take away the bad taste in my mouth. I ended up selling the diamond because every time I looked at it I remembered the experience. I still remembered the condescending attitude and the run around we were given. So I do agree that even getting a happy ending doesn''t always make the entire experience okay.

I also would say that there are people who are bound and determined to be dissatisfied. Once you give the impression that you will not be pleased no matter what, what can be realistically done? There have been people who have posted negative experiences and gotten a lot of support here, but they were not being completely unreasonable. I personally think refusing to talk on the phone is just ridiculous. I would never spend that kind of money on line WITHOUT speaking to someone. Email is notorious for fostering misunderstanding, and if you''re buying a multi-thousand dollar ring, and you know that there is difficulty with the email on either end, refusing to speak over the phone is tantamount to stonewalling your own satisfaction. I have less sympathy for him than I would if he had made every type of communication available and still the vendor did not communicate. JMO.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Of course Deco you most certainly have a right to speak your mind, that is what this board is here for and I agree with you on that. I however still disagree with the OP''s right to come here and tell their story. Even if they got a discount . . . I think the happy ending reference was John''s words by the way . . . I would still think they have a right to tell their side, otherwise it is buying silence, that is just my opinion, however.
emsmile.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 6:54:47 PM
Author: lumpkin

I agree that this is a board for the consumer, and we definitely need to share good and bad experiences. I had an insulting experience with a B&M, and yes they did resolve the main issue, which was that they finally got our GIA report to us after a lot of aggravation, but having the report did not take away the bad taste in my mouth. I ended up selling the diamond because every time I looked at it I remembered the experience. I still remembered the condescending attitude and the run around we were given. So I do agree that even getting a happy ending doesn''t always make the entire experience okay.

I also would say that there are people who are bound and determined to be dissatisfied. Once you give the impression that you will not be pleased no matter what, what can be realistically done? There have been people who have posted negative experiences and gotten a lot of support here, but they were not being completely unreasonable. I personally think refusing to talk on the phone is just ridiculous. I would never spend that kind of money on line WITHOUT speaking to someone. Email is notorious for fostering misunderstanding, and if you''re buying a multi-thousand dollar ring, and you know that there is difficulty with the email on either end, refusing to speak over the phone is tantamount to stonewalling your own satisfaction. I have less sympathy for him than I would if he had made every type of communication available and still the vendor did not communicate. JMO.
Yeah, I don''t get the whole phone thing . . . the only reason that I can think of is wanting to document everything . . . with emails it is easier to have "proof" of what was said versus a he said she said but I personally prefer the immediate contact of the phone over email. I also felt less sympathy after reading John''s side but still strongly support the OP''s right to post here about the negative experience.

On a related note, if you put the whiteflash email address into your contacts list, their emailos won''t bounce to junk mail ever. Maybe vendors should suggest to their customers that they add the email to their contacts so this email spam filter thing is not an issue.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
The OP should be able to post what he wants, provided his story does not contain material misstatements (or in this case, omissions).

In turn, the vendor should have a fair opportunity to respond.

Other forum members should be able to take sides, but it is only helpful to the extent people are being objective and not allowing allegiances or biases affect their evaluation of the situation.

In this particular case, all I will say is: While a vendor should always act as if the customer is right, that does not mean that the customer is always right.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 1:07:56 PM
Author: fire&ice
Yeah, beating a dead horse comes to mind & I''m a dead horse beater!
2.gif

Edited to add b/c my comment wasn''t very useful. What I meant is that the OP is never going to be happy until the fat lady sings - in this case Bob needs to have a bend over backwards apology. I don''t know if he needs to - just the perception I get from the OP that he needs to.
In all honesty, I don''t think even that would do it at this point. It seems as though even a sincere apology would be found wanting.

Sometimes, you run into people who cannot be pleased. Once he''s unhappy about something that''s gone wrong, there''s no way to undo it, and that''s all that would suffice. In those cases, it''s better to just let it go.

Kelkel

Rough_Rock
I agree everyone should feel free to tell his/her story/experience, especially with a PS vendor here. (I told mine in this thread.) What I view as somewhat problematic is when one told a vendor that a certain compensation would bring a happy ending, and the vendor complied, one should not leave out this important part of the story. I''ve read another story here where Whiteflash and the customer were having an disagreement pretty openly discussed (initiated by the customer) and it got pretty heated at times, yet in the end, when the issue was resolved, both sides came back and confirmed that a resolution has been reached and everyone including the whole PS community was happy. In this particular case, we saw a customer who reported he''s not happy with the company. Then we saw the company telling us that the customer requested a discount to make it "a happy ending", and the company agreed to give the discount. The customer also confirmed that he received the discount. If it''s something that is supposed to bring a happy ending that one received, it is a piece of information too important to be left out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results