shape
carat
color
clarity

Circular Brilliant - Can I get an assist, please?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Interesting. Hmmm. I am curious to see what the close-up shot(s) look like.

So how are you feeling about the 3.22 as a potential? I know it has the small chip, but does it being under a tab prong help?

I think Dolly's stone has more potential. You love your current M, Sophia. Sophia is a similar depth to the 3.22 but her table looks a lot smaller. I think that big table on the 3.22 is effecting the center.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I think Dolly's stone has more potential. You love your current M, Sophia. Sophia is a similar depth to the 3.22 but her table looks a lot smaller. I think that big table on the 3.22 is effecting the center.
I definitely love how Sophia performs so I would want to find a stone that is like that. Thank you!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I went into one of our jewelry stores around here and asked if I could put on a round with a 9.17 spread. They actually had one that was a 9.18. I wanted to see how that size looked on my finger it was pretty much a perfect size for my finger. It wasn’t overwhelming but it definitely was not underwhelming. The one thing I did notice was that although it was a pretty sparkly stone, I really love the facets of the OEC more than a modern cut. So now I’m even more excited for this to happen.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I went into one of our jewelry stores around here and asked if I could put on a round with a 9.17 spread. They actually had one that was a 9.18. I wanted to see how that size looked on my finger it was pretty much a perfect size for my finger. It wasn’t overwhelming but it definitely was not underwhelming. The one thing I did notice was that although it was a pretty sparkly stone, I really love the facets of the OEC more than a modern cut. So now I’m even more excited for this to happen.

It’s so nice to reaffirm things with an in-person trip! So glad to hear you liked the size - although I can’t say I’m shocked :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any news yet? I think you were waiting to find out if the setting was available.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She said this evening that she has to check but hasn’t had a chance yet. I’m hoping I’ll get an update by the weekend.

The suspense must be killing you! I know I would be on pins and needles!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
The suspense must be killing you! I know I would be on pins and needles!
I’m trying to be patient. Emphasis on TRYING. Hahaha!!! (It’s killing me!)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RetroQT Would you buy the stone without the setting? That is a fairly straightforward setting to recreate if need be. If this is the stone for you, I’d lock that baby down!! Worry about it’s home after! Dolly has a return policy just in case?

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
@RetroQT Would you buy the stone without the setting? That is a fairly straightforward setting to recreate if need be. If this is the stone for you, I’d lock that baby down!! Worry about it’s home after! Dolly has a return policy just in case?
That is a good point and definitely an option. Although I do like the idea of it being in a vintage setting like the one I’m buying from her and it being wearable when it arrives. And from talking to Dolly via texts, I do believe the stone is being held for me until she finds the setting. I don’t want to be naïve though and lose it to another buyer.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I am super late to the conversation but @RetroQT i really love that OEC from Dolly. I know you were worried about carat weight but the spread is like a 3 ct. I owned a 3.03 OEC and it clocked in at 9.2-9.24mm or something like that and it was gorgeous. The price on her stone is unbeatable. I bought my 3.03 around 2016 for 17k from Erica. You can take the money you were going to spend on the OP stone and get a nice setting from David Klass

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I am super late to the conversation but @RetroQT i really love that OEC from Dolly. I know you were worried about carat weight but the spread is like a 3 ct. I owned a 3.03 OEC and it clocked in at 9.2-9.24mm or something like that and it was gorgeous. The price on her stone is unbeatable. I bought my 3.03 around 2016 for 17k from Erica. You can take the money you were going to spend on the OP stone and get a nice setting from David Klass

True. I think I was just hoping to not have to be shipping the stone around and waiting weeks/months to wear it. That’s why I was hoping to have it set first. I’m so impatient that it would drive me crazy seeing it and not being able to enjoy it right away. LOL!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely setting and stone!
:love:

This is a newly cut stone a’la Alex Park?
Just curious

I can wholly appreciate wanting a setting and a stone from the same source. Less shipping hassle & frustration.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock

Just curious

I can wholly appreciate wanting a setting and a stone from the same source. Less shipping hassle & frustration.
These are both from Dolly… antique setting and stone.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Just curious

Plus she’s only charging $500 for the setting if I read it correctly which is awesome.

Oops @Muluver just said that!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Plus she’s only charging $500 for the setting if I read it correctly which is awesome.

Oops @Muluver just said that!
Yes! And I confirmed the setting is antique and platinum. And my plan was to set her with baguette side stones, so now it’ll already be done. Plus the setting is a size 6 so it is only going down to a 5.75. (I didn’t want to keep it as a 6 because it would likely spin more and in the winter I’m closer to a 5.5 anyway.) It’s like it was meant to be.

Now she needs a name, one that harkens back to the silver screen days of the 1940’s. I already have Lucy, Eleanor, Lilliana, Celeste, Abigail, and Elizabeth. Who will she be?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Celeste!

She is a beauty!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so happy for you!!! Can’t wait to see it on your hand and hear your impressions!! What a gorgeous ring this will be. I love the tab prongs too!!

ETA as for a name, what color is she again? I like to use that letter.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
She looks like a Lana (Turner) to me. She’s kind of posh. But Greta (Garbo) could work, too!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful and I love the setting. It’s going to be an awesome ring!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so happy for you!!! Can’t wait to see it on your hand and hear your impressions!! What a gorgeous ring this will be. I love the tab prongs too!!

ETA as for a name, what color is she again? I like to use that letter.
Thank you!!! I am too. And she is an N.

She looks like a Lana (Turner) to me. She’s kind of posh. But Greta (Garbo) could work, too!
Oh, you’re on to something!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results