shape
carat
color
clarity

Circular Brilliant - Can I get an assist, please?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Not sure how much wiggle room there is but this might be worth inquiring about. And Vanessa is very nice.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
These are likely the same and if so, it’s gonna be too yellow for me. :cry2:

ETA: It’s a Q/R.

80079347-0259-494A-9CDD-5455D3B94565.jpeg

65CB2214-3F67-4324-BE46-D6EDF5AF71B3.jpeg

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I was underwhelmed with the Q/R particularly the center once the videos were posted.

But she still has the N, so that is potentially great news!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I was underwhelmed with the Q/R particularly the center once the videos were posted.

But she still has the N, so that is potentially great news!

Yeah, the Q/R didn’t speak to me at all once she posted. But the N, that one is nice! And it’s a circular brilliant as well (like the one in my OP).

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is really is nice @RetroQT, I’m excited for you!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Just a refresher, this is the N I’m talking to her about:

And this is the N in the setting:
940715F7-CC1C-4234-BEF5-B7FC29BD7B8D.jpeg

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Just a refresher, this is the N I’m talking to her about:

And this is the N in the setting:
940715F7-CC1C-4234-BEF5-B7FC29BD7B8D.jpeg

It’s a pretty stone! I have an N OMC with faint fluor and it throws out the most romantic pastels. I was nervous to go down to an N until I saw it in person. I wouldn’t say it’s whiter in any other lighting other than bright sunlight (it does looks whiter under the current bright summer sun) but I LOVE the variety of colors it throws out. It can go from buttery to antique lace to ivory to off white and through it all, it’s always throwing out lovely pastels.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
It’s a pretty stone! I have an N OMC with faint fluor and it throws out the most romantic pastels. I was nervous to go down to an N until I saw it in person. I wouldn’t say it’s whiter in any other lighting other than bright sunlight (it does looks whiter under the current bright summer sun) but I LOVE the variety of colors it throws out. It can go from buttery to antique lace to ivory to off white and through it all, it’s always throwing out lovely pastels.

Ohhh, that makes me even more excited!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I’m trying to be patient. Still waiting to hear back if she has the setting. Hopefully she will message tonight and we can finalize things.

My only thought is that this is a 2.78ct stone and I had really wanted to hit that 3ct mark. I know, it’ll cost more to go over 2.99, but in reality how much difference is .22 going to make if this stone has a 9.17 spread? Not noticeable, right?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess the question is, will it bother you since you know it is under three carats despite the diameter. If it’s mind clean and you want the look of three without the premium then a spready stone is the way to go.

I have been looking ever since I sold a 6.9mm OEC years ago for another diamond close to that size within a certain budget. The ring I found is 6.7mm and for me the price was right for it to be close enough. So as long as it won’t impede your enjoyment….

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only thought is that this is a 2.78ct stone and I had really wanted to hit that 3ct mark. I know, it’ll cost more to go over 2.99, but in reality how much difference is .22 going to make if this stone has a 9.17 spread? Not noticeable, right?

Honestly, I don’t think you should think of the carat weight as much as spread. My 3.01 RB is 9.21mm I think. I hardly think you’d notice a .04 difference. It’s all about spread, color and faceting imo.
I hope you hear back soon! I love the setting as well.

ETA my 3 carat is 9.20-9.27

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I guess the question is, will it bother you since you know it is under three carats despite the diameter. If it’s mind clean and you want the look of three without the premium then a spready stone is the way to go.

I have been looking ever since I sold a 6.9mm OEC years ago for another diamond close to that size within a certain budget. The ring I found is 6.7mm and for me the price was right for it to be close enough. So as long as it won’t impede your enjoyment….

Honestly, I don’t think you should think of the carat weight as much as spread. My 3.01 RB is 9.21mm I think. I hardly think you’d notice a .04 difference. It’s all about spread, color and faceting imo.
I hope you hear back soon! I love the setting as well.

ETA my 3 carat is 9.20-9.27

Thank you both! This is exactly what I needed to hear. <3 I don’t think the number will bother me if I love the stone. And I think I could definitely love it.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
And for those following the saga, I just heard back from Dolly. She hasn’t had the opportunity yet to confirm she still has the setting. So it’s on hold until then. But she knows I am very interested and so hopefully the stone won’t be sold without her mentioning someone else wanting it.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I just got the video and pictures from the original ring I posted (not the one from Dolly). It is a 3.22 M-VS1.

CF91CAD3-D8BA-45DC-A8FF-66A7D2995695.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it just me or does the 3.22 look a little flat in the middle? Very white though for an M!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Is it just me or does the 3.22 look a little flat in the middle? Very white though for an M!

Yeah in the pic for sure. Did you see this video? I have asked for some closeup shots and also asked if the chip on the report is under a prong or not.

I figure it doesn’t hurt to ask to at least rule this one out completely.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
5B12D333-EF3C-4FA3-BBF1-7734F548C01B.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It absolutely never hurts to consider all options, I did watch the video and saw the same flatness. How are you feeling about it? Like Mreader said, it might be the lighting and not the stone itself.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
It absolutely never hurts to consider all options, I did watch the video and saw the same flatness. How are you feeling about it? Like Mreader said, it might be the lighting and not the stone itself.

I’m torn. They do have a 60-day 100% money back guarantee so if I saw it in person and it wasn’t a showstopper, I could send it back without a loss. It also ticked the 3+ and M box that the other doesn’t. They confirmed that the chip is hidden under one of the tab prongs. I love the setting, but it would have to go down 2.25 in sizing and that is a lot. It is also $8,600 more for .44 ct and one color higher.

But the 2.78ct N definitely already shows more promise in the videos, it’s less expensive, and I also love the setting. (I’m unsure of the current size on the setting but assume it’s closer to my size than the size 8 3.22ct M.) And the return policy potentially does require money out of pocket.

I wish I could afford to bring both over to see in person.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Ummm. The 3.22 is actually a hair deeper than Dolly's. I wonder if the perceived flatness has to do with the larger table size...

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I just got the video and pictures from the original ring I posted (not the one from Dolly). It is a 3.22 M-VS1.

CF91CAD3-D8BA-45DC-A8FF-66A7D2995695.jpeg

I’m going to be blunt

This is really not well cut - it’s a hard pass IMO. Ugh I’m sorry to be a negative nancy and you can always tell me to shove off

And I know that’s harsh but there are so many other stones out there that are nicer! A little wonk is one thing…but I think you’ll be quite unhappy with the performance IRL

You can always recreate a setting. The lions share of the cost of a ring is the stone - I wouldn’t worry about a setting at this stage unless having a true, intact antique is important to you

Dollys is much nicer IMO

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not sure I love the center of the 3.22/M. Sorry. I still like Dolly’s better and you get the spread of a 3 carat for considerably less. Just my opinion.

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm. The 3.22 is actually a hair deeper than Dolly's. I wonder if the perceived flatness has to do with the larger table size...

Interesting. Hmmm. I am curious to see what the close-up shot(s) look like.

So how are you feeling about the 3.22 as a potential? I know it has the small chip, but does it being under a tab prong help?

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I’m going to be blunt

This is really not well cut - it’s a hard pass IMO. Ugh I’m sorry to be a negative nancy and you can always tell me to shove off

And I know that’s harsh but there are so many other stones out there that are nicer! A little wonk is one thing…but I think you’ll be quite unhappy with the performance IRL

You can always recreate a setting. The lions share of the cost of a ring is the stone - I wouldn’t worry about a setting at this stage unless having a true, intact antique is important to you

Dollys is much nicer IMO

Thank you for your assessment! Definitely appreciate it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results