color
clarity

Chrono...show me RED...with no modifier of any kind...please

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Chrono...show me RED...with no modifier of any kind...pl

jstarfireb|1361506457|3387348 said:
minousbijoux|1361491292|3387054 said:
A while ago, there was someone who shall remain nameless who was posting God awful stones and stating that they were incredibly valuable because they had appraisals done and the appraisals valued them at x tens of thousands of dollars. These were low saturation, often included, highly windowed stones. The OP was touting them like they were excellent examples. You bet there were some hard discussions about those stones, and I was impressed with how many of the old timers here, who know a good deal about gemstones, jumped in honestly to correct the OP. Why? Because they did not want newcomers to make the same mistakes. So again, it depends on our mission.

Was this the guy with all of the multi-stone pendants? Those were definitely not good!
Indeed. All of those "purchased for $50 on ebay, appraised for $15,000" etc. pendants. They were definitely not good.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Aha, I thought that was the one! The pendant designs left something to be desired too. I think he was getting taken by his jeweler/appraiser...

Anyway, my $0.02 worth is this...I agree with Freke that most CSers (myself included) do not frequent the SMTB forum. I hang out here and in RT, but I rarely visit any of the other subforums. I think it's usually somewhat clear whether posters are looking for advice or just showing off their purchases. You can sometimes even tell by the thread title - clearly "So excited about my first sapphire!!!" is different from "Just bought a sapphire - how did I do?" which is different from "looking for a blue sapphire." So I'm not convinced any additional action is needed to help us distinguish people looking for admiration from those looking for honest opinions (such as creating a separate "show me the CS bling" subforum). As for sincere opinions, I don't know about others, but I only do the ooh/ahh thing when I genuinely like something. If I don't love it, I just don't say anything. I don't understand why anyone would do the fake ooh/ahh thing because there's not much to gain from that on a relatively anonymous public forum.

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium

jstarfireb|1361514163|3387415 said:
Aha, I thought that was the one! The pendant designs left something to be desired too. I think he was getting taken by his jeweler/appraiser...

Anyway, my $0.02 worth is this...I agree with Freke that most CSers (myself included) do not frequent the SMTB forum. I hang out here and in RT, but I rarely visit any of the other subforums. I think it's usually somewhat clear whether posters are looking for advice or just showing off their purchases. You can sometimes even tell by the thread title - clearly "So excited about my first sapphire!!!" is different from "Just bought a sapphire - how did I do?" which is different from "looking for a blue sapphire." So I'm not convinced any additional action is needed to help us distinguish people looking for admiration from those looking for honest opinions (such as creating a separate "show me the CS bling" subforum). As for sincere opinions, I don't know about others, but I only do the ooh/ahh thing when I genuinely like something. If I don't love it, I just don't say anything. I don't understand why anyone would do the fake ooh/ahh thing because there's not much to gain from that on a relatively anonymous public forum.

This.
When I see the fake-ish oohs and aahs it reminds me of when I used to be on Deviant Art. If you posted a picture there you were pretty much guaranteed several stock phrases from people wanting to become popular. Even if it was in black and white someone would probably say that they 'love the colours you've used!!'

As for ' the pendant guy', I actually felt a bit sorry for him. He was obviously being told a pack of lies by his appraiser but couldn't see the wood for he trees. I think it's better that he left in the end though...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

But if you (generic you) don't post something nice, I've seen the OP take note for the future (so and so did not comment so he or she doesnt like my stuff) and get offended too. It's like damned if you do and damned if you don't. Has anyone felt or noticed this too? It is uncommon but does happen.

I also noticed a few SMTB type threads here where only a few handful posters responded to the point the OP wondered what was going on. I felt badly for the OP too. Perhaps the forum was slow or people genuinely didn't like it but it definitely didn't not give it a welcoming vibe.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ChrisA222 said:
Second, I am guilty of making a vendor aware of something that was said about them. I dont see anything wrong with that, either, and I will continue to do it. Sorry if anyone feels that is a problem. I am on PS a lot more often than some vendors, some of which I consider friends or aquaintences. If you saw something mentioned about a friend or aquaintence, or something that was sold or made by them, wouldn't you want them to at least see whats being said?

Yes I have a problem with this. This is a CONSUMER forum not a forum where people buy and sell stones and then don't declare their status. This is a place where consumers can come and get unbiased opinions.

Do you honestly think that you, who have known these dealers for about 5 minutes, has a better relationship than some of the people on here who have been buying gemstones for years? How do you think it's known what you're doing and saying? You believe vendors to be your "friends" but so do lots of others but they don't feel the need to go running to them when something is said about them because doing it (a) makes you look petty and (b) it's clear the only reason you do it is because you want to curry favour with them.

So how can anybody trust your advice Chris is you won't ever be critical about a vendor's stones? I've seen you defend vendors in threads where everybody else has been saying something different. In my opinion, the only reason you've done it, is so you don't "look bad" with the vendor and you can say to them "look I defended you!". This is a CONSUMER forum. You are not a genuine consumer if you behave in this way.

Many people on here give their time and advice without expecting anything. Often a poster comes on looking for a stone, a load of time is spent helping them and then they're never seen again. The people who stick around have to put up with the crap like people running to vendors. You know what, when you've learned a bit more and your advice becomes at least passable, start trying to help others and then when they kick you in the teeth (and they will), I'll happily say I told you so.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1361527413|3387450 said:
But if you (generic you) don't post something nice, I've seen the OP take note for the future (so and so did not comment so he or she doesnt like my stuff) and get offended too. It's like damned if you do and damned if you don't. Has anyone felt or noticed this too? It is uncommon but does happen.

I also noticed a few SMTB type threads here where only a few handful posters responded to the point the OP wondered what was going on. I felt badly for the OP too. Perhaps the forum was slow or people genuinely didn't like it but it definitely didn't not give it a welcoming vibe.

Yes. I had somebody say to me "you didn't like my stone because you didn't comment on it". I was on holiday and hadn't even seen the thread! It's ridiculous but it happens.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ChrisA222|1361479485|3386740 said:
Forgive me Deb, because I have never seen one of these reports before, so I dont know how to read them. I also do not know anything about your stone. I haven't seen one single picture...

So I am curious...

Chris-

Yesterday the Pricescope search feature wasn't working well and I couldn't find some of the old threads about my red spinel. (I actually have two, and have owned three, so there are a lot of threads on Pricescope.)

Today I found some and wanted to list them, as pregcurious did hers in case anyone wanted to look up my ring. The search for it is described ad nauseum as is my decision making process as to what sidestones to use in the ring. The specs are all available in the thread, however, including the specs on the diamond sidestones. (They are a .51 and a .53 carat D colored VVS2 pear shaped stone, respectively.)

Making the ring...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-find-a-red-stone-a-red-spinel-or-a-ruby.155192/page-13']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-find-a-red-stone-a-red-spinel-or-a-ruby.155192/page-13[/URL]

The completed ring...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/better-late-than-never-a-red-spinel-is-finally-set.170617/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/better-late-than-never-a-red-spinel-is-finally-set.170617/[/URL]

Show Me The Bling thread...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-red-spinel-two-diamond-pears-are-wed.171017/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-red-spinel-two-diamond-pears-are-wed.171017/[/URL]

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock

LD|1361529309|3387454 said:
ChrisA222 said:
Second, I am guilty of making a vendor aware of something that was said about them. I dont see anything wrong with that, either, and I will continue to do it. Sorry if anyone feels that is a problem. I am on PS a lot more often than some vendors, some of which I consider friends or aquaintences. If you saw something mentioned about a friend or aquaintence, or something that was sold or made by them, wouldn't you want them to at least see whats being said?

Yes I have a problem with this. This is a CONSUMER forum not a forum where people buy and sell stones and then don't declare their status. This is a place where consumers can come and get unbiased opinions.

Do you honestly think that you, who have known these dealers for about 5 minutes, has a better relationship than some of the people on here who have been buying gemstones for years? How do you think it's known what you're doing and saying? You believe vendors to be your "friends" but so do lots of others but they don't feel the need to go running to them when something is said about them because doing it (a) makes you look petty and (b) it's clear the only reason you do it is because you want to curry favour with them.

So how can anybody trust your advice Chris is you won't ever be critical about a vendor's stones? I've seen you defend vendors in threads where everybody else has been saying something different. In my opinion, the only reason you've done it, is so you don't "look bad" with the vendor and you can say to them "look I defended you!". This is a CONSUMER forum. You are not a genuine consumer if you behave in this way.

Many people on here give their time and advice without expecting anything. Often a poster comes on looking for a stone, a load of time is spent helping them and then they're never seen again. The people who stick around have to put up with the crap like people running to vendors. You know what, when you've learned a bit more and your advice becomes at least passable, start trying to help others and then when they kick you in the teeth (and they will), I'll happily say I told you so.
================================================================================================================

I'm sorry, (and yes, Chris is my friend) but this response is particularly nasty. LD, I think you are better than this and I truly hope you don't actually mean all of what you just said to Chris. I'm sure you are upset and wrote this post out of emotion, but it doesn't sound like you at all. Why don't we all agree to end this string. No good will come of escalating further. Happy Friday everybody! :wavey:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

vickygigi|1361538299|3387489 said:
LD|1361529309|3387454 said:
ChrisA222 said:

================================================================================================================

I'm sorry, (and yes, Chris is my friend) but this response is particularly nasty. LD, I think you are better than this and I truly hope you don't actually mean all of what you just said to Chris. I'm sure you are upset and wrote this post out of emotion, but it doesn't sound like you at all. Why don't we all agree to end this string. No good will come of escalating further. Happy Friday everybody! :wavey:

I mean every word. I'm not upset and stand by everything I've said. If you think it's nasty when it's based on fact that is of course your perogative.

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock

"You know what, when you've learned a bit more and your advice becomes at least passable, start trying to help others and then when they kick you in the teeth (and they will), I'll happily say I told you so."

==============================================================================================================

LD -

The quote I excerpted above is not a fact. It is an opinion and it is mean-spirited. I think you are better than this.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I can think of another reason why an OP will not want the vendor to be notified and come in guns a charging to defend their business practice or stones. The OP might not be ready to discuss this with the vendor yet. The OP wants unbiased views and opinions and time to digest it all. The OP does not want to feel pressured or judged when discussing the vendor's stone or whatever else. Once the vendor steps into the fray, flames can fly and I've seen OPs leave and never come back because they cannot or don't want to handle the heat and stress of dealing with it publicly. I've had good friends experience this and never came back. :(sad

ETA
I've helped posters and been kicked in the teeth for my efforts as well. I just put on my flame retardant tough armour then move on.

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock

Chrono|1361538922|3387494 said:
I can think of another reason why an OP will not want the vendor to be notified and come in guns a charging to defend their business practice or stones. The OP might not be ready to discuss this with the vendor yet. The OP wants unbiased views and opinions and time to digest it all. The OP does not want to feel pressured or judged when discussing the vendor's stone or whatever else. Once the vendor steps into the fray, flames can fly and I've seen OPs leave and never come back because they cannot or don't want to handle the heat and stress of dealing with it publicly. I've had good friends experience this and never came back. :(sad

ETA
I've helped posters and been kicked in the teeth for my efforts as well. I just put on my flame retardant tough armour then move on.

Well, tell you what, I think it is time for me to follow the lead of your good friends and say goodbye to PS. I have 2 kids at home and I listen to them bicker on occasion like pre-teen girls are known to do. What I read from LD sounds a lot like the evil my girls spew at each other when their tempers are up - the only difference is they don't mean it. I thought PS was going to be a fun, informative, supportive environment where I could learn more about gemstones. Fortunately, I will remain friends with Chris, as even when he's disagreed with me, he has never thrown verbal darts to make his point and educate me. You guys don't need a CS SMTB string. You know good and darn well the difference between mean and nice. LD apparently just chooses to be mean. So, goodbye to the drama. Keep in mind LD, karma is a real bitch.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

vickygigi|1361539738|3387500 said:

ETA

Well, tell you what, I think it is time for me to follow the lead of your good friends and say goodbye to PS. I have 2 kids at home and I listen to them bicker on occasion like pre-teen girls are known to do. What I read from LD sounds a lot like the evil my girls spew at each other when their tempers are up - the only difference is they don't mean it. I thought PS was going to be a fun, informative, supportive environment where I could learn more about gemstones. Fortunately, I will remain friends with Chris, as even when he's disagreed with me, he has never thrown verbal darts to make his point and educate me. You guys don't need a CS SMTB string. You know good and darn well the difference between mean and nice. LD apparently just chooses to be mean. So, goodbye to the drama. Keep in mind LD, karma is a real bitch.

Nothing I've said has been mean - you don't like it because you like Chris. Because you're his friend you choose to defend him. I applaud you for doing that BUT you clearly don't know the full story and I am not going to betray a confidence OR wash dirty linen on here.

What goes around comes around and I'm a firm believer in that.

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

LD|1361541215|3387513 said:
vickygigi|1361539738|3387500 said:

ETA

Nothing I've said has been mean - you don't like it because you like Chris. Because you're his friend you choose to defend him. I applaud you for doing that BUT you clearly don't know the full story and I am not going to betray a confidence OR wash dirty linen on here.

What goes around comes around and I'm a firm believer in that.

I agree. Karma is a beyotch. There is no "full story" although I find that quite comical. :lol:

Vicky, don't leave the group! There is a lot of positive here...a lot of great people and exchanges of information, and opinions. Unfortunately, in an open forum, all types of people and personalities are present. Sometimes, they show their true colors.

I have no idea why LD has chosen to fixate on me but I am really not bothered by it, I am in fact, amused. You have to take the bad with the good, unfortunately. Ld herself has posted a lot of great information--I won't deny that. But sometimes you need to search hard through a pile of crap to find that diamond. Know what I mean?

Deb...I love that stone...thanks for posting. Thats a great color (to my eye). I hope the stone that is on its way to me compares! I'll post pics and such when it arrives.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

When are you going to declare Trade status Chris? Selling over 30 stones on Facebook since 1 January seems to qualify don't you think? How about your Ebay store (closed now) where you flipped stones you'd just bought?

As for the full story ............ I'm not betraying a confidence and that's what you're banking on isn't it? Aaaaah well, karma.

johnfish

Rough_Rock

Wow it really pains me to see these posts. I have a great deal of respect for both LD and Chris. I hope they will be able to work this out. I am glad that Chris is not leaving the forum and I would encourage anyone who thinks they should to take a deep breath and ignore the stuff that upsets you and enjoy the posts that you learn something from. Because one thing is true, PS is a wealth of knowledge.

To return to the orginal intent of this thread.....

I found it fascinating to read about the differences in color surrounding the color red. My question is... Isnt this true for all colors? I look at gems that are green and see so many variations from yellowish to bluish yet which is the "Official" green! the same goes for blue or violet or any other color.

I also think (as the color test shows, btw i got a 0) is that there are biases in peoples vison. I think even with someone that has perfect color acuity (if there is such a thing) that there are going to be biases based on personal preference. That is why it is so difficult to say this is the perfect red or blue or green etc.

Just my 2 cents worth!

John

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

LD,

Maybe one day I would want to be a trade member, if I ever decide to learn how to cut. Right now, like a lot of people, I am a collector. However, I am always wanting to upgrade my stones in my collection. There is no way in God's green Earth that I'd be able to afford the 2.49ct Tsavorite that I bought from Gene, or the 1.80ct Red Spinel I bought from Jeff, etc etc if I didn't sell some of the stones that I already have. I am a working man, I do not make enough money at my job to afford the stones I want.

You yourself know LD that I am relatively new to gemstones...and I am always learning. I am learning what is better about the higher grade stones, so I am always wanting to improve what I have.

When I first got into the hobby, before PS and in the very beginning of when I started here over a year ago, I was buying every stone in sight on eBay. I ended up with over 250 stones!!! Then I learn more....see what I have, see what I want, etc. So why wouldn't I sell those stones?? I am SO happy to say that all those starter stones (and the associated ebay account) are gone. Yay!! But that doesn't mean that I dont want to continue to upgrade my collection.

JF,

Thanks...I appreciate the comments. I thought it was a good thread (that I started) which I started because I wanted to learn what true red is, what it looks like, and what its makeup is. It is unfortunate that Ld has used my thread for personal attacks, but I cannot control what another person does or says. I am not upset about it. Opinions are just like ***holes, everyone has one. That is what they say, right?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It wasn't long ago that a poster who tried their best to disguise their Trade status was finally outed and permanently banned. Another who was close to being outed left before their trade status could be revealed. There were lots of flames going back and forth for years before the truth came to light as those posters vehemently either denied their true status or simply avoided the questions. Please take note that I am not pointing fingers at anyone here, but am only stating the facts. Why is this such a big deal? Because it affects the impartially of their comments in a consumer based forum and many of their posts, especially those showing their stones and vendors they recommend, seen in this light, is basically shilling of their stones or trade friends' stones.

Green is not a primary colour. It is made from a mixture of yellow and blue, hence depending on how much blue and yellow, it could be anywhere from yellowish and bluish. Red, however, is a primary colour, so red is more common than green. The other explanation is this: if the vendors says red ruby, people think blood red ruby, so they look and buy. If the vendor says orangish red ruby, would you look? Nope, unless you were specifically looking for an orangish red ruby in the first place. It's all about marketing and sales too. :tongue:

ar119125904266059.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ChrisA222|1361547863|3387600 said:
LD,

Maybe one day I would want to be a trade member, if I ever decide to learn how to cut. Right now, like a lot of people, I am a collector. However, I am always wanting to upgrade my stones in my collection. There is no way in God's green Earth that I'd be able to afford the 2.49ct Tsavorite that I bought from Gene, or the 1.80ct Red Spinel I bought from Jeff, etc etc if I didn't sell some of the stones that I already have. I am a working man, I do not make enough money at my job to afford the stones I want.

You yourself know LD that I am relatively new to gemstones...and I am always learning. I am learning what is better about the higher grade stones, so I am always wanting to improve what I have.

When I first got into the hobby, before PS and in the very beginning of when I started here over a year ago, I was buying every stone in sight on eBay. I ended up with over 250 stones!!! Then I learn more....see what I have, see what I want, etc. So why wouldn't I sell those stones?? I am SO happy to say that all those starter stones (and the associated ebay account) are gone. Yay!! But that doesn't mean that I dont want to continue to upgrade my collection.

JF,

Thanks...I appreciate the comments. I thought it was a good thread (that I started) which I started because I wanted to learn what true red is, what it looks like, and what its makeup is. It is unfortunate that Ld has used my thread for personal attacks, but I cannot control what another person does or says. I am not upset about it. Opinions are just like ***holes, everyone has one. That is what they say, right?

You see Chris - you do this all the time. Look back over all of your posts. You start a post by being very nice and lucid and then just throw in a one liner that is aimed at being an attack and inflaming situations.

Ditto Chrono's post re Trade status. It all comes out eventually Chris. Flipping stones is very different from selling one's own collection.

johnfish

Rough_Rock

See I learned something new again! Thank you Chrono. I did not realized that stones work in the print color scheme. I had just assumed (a dangerous word!) That it worked on the RGB scheme. This is do to my unfortunate addiction called CLAP (Christmas Light Addiction Problem) This is one of my other Passionate Hobbies and recently I discovered the world of RGB lighting for christmas lights, thus the assumption.

You know i think I understand the cross over. Both passions, gems and lights are sparkly shiney colored things so I Guess it makes sense! :D

John

erinl

Brilliant_Rock

Full disclosure, I know Chris off PS in the cyberworld. I am not going to post any opinion regarding his past ebay store. However, I will say that I have about 15 stones that if I were not too busy right now trying to finish my dissertation, I would be trying to sell, probably on loupe troop and the facebook forum. And I am a careful buyer and I return a lot. It is very easy to collect 30-50 stones that you look at and say, wow, I don't want these.

If I were dumping my stones I would probably do it all at once too. That is how I ran my ebay store when getting rid of collectibles and other "treasures" from my late mom's house-- I sold a hundred or more things at once because I got a system of photos and posting etc in place and then I just ran with it.

I am a bit of a hoarder and I don't like parting with things, but if I were to sell my stones, I would do it quickly so I would have a chunk of cash to buy something else I wanted-- like a bigger better stone.

I do think Chris has shifted into the less stones/better quality recently and that is what the facebook selling signifies. But that is just a hunch of mine.

All of these topics and the way they have spiraled is very confusing...

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

LD|1361548776|3387614 said:
ChrisA222|1361547863|3387600 said:
LD,

JF,

Ld, I am aware of what flipping stones is. I am guilty of this, way back about a year ago when I was able to buy some Ruby melee, and went on to resell it on DB. That was one time. Aside from that, I have never bought something to resell it. I am just like you, Ld, whether you choose to think. If you had your heart set on buying the Hope Diamond, lets say, and the only way you could afford it was to sell off half of your collection, you would do it. Then would you want to be labled as a trade member?

I am an open book, I always have been. I have nothing to hide, LOL. I do not have "chris's gemstone page" LOL. Ive posted stones Ive grown out of because of a few big purchases that I've made recently. There is no way I'd be a ble to afford those gems if I didnt sell what I had. If you don't want to believe, me thats fine. But if I am viewed as a gemstone seller, I will not be able to participate in this forum as a consumer (which is what i am) and that wouldn't make me happy.

You see Chris - you do this all the time. Look back over all of your posts. You start a post by being very nice and lucid and then just throw in a one liner that is aimed at being an attack and inflaming situations.

Ditto Chrono's post re Trade status. It all comes out eventually Chris. Flipping stones is very different from selling one's own collection.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Question: do you have to make money at it to be considered trade?

johnfish

Rough_Rock

Who Boy! Can we just stick to the topic of the thread!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

NKOTB|1361550622|3387645 said:

How would one know if the person in question is making money? Who's going to ask, "hey, how much did you buy the stone for so that I know if you are making a profit or selling at a loss"? :confused:

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

While I do not agree with most of the criticism that has come in my direction, I will say this..

I do see the points made about going back to vendors and making them aware of some of the posts on here. I never thought that this could somehow damaging to relationships of consumers dealings with vendors, etc. I see those points now, and I will no longer point any post out to any vendor.

Sorry if I caused any discomfort for anyone dealing with any specific vendor, it was not meant to cause anyone any stress. My bad. I won't do that again.

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1361551136|3387653 said:
NKOTB|1361550622|3387645 said:

How would one know if the person in question is making money? Who's going to ask, "hey, how much did you buy the stone for so that I know if you are making a profit or selling at a loss"? :confused:

Let's say we don't know. Then are we just going by assumption, one way or the other? I am curious why someone might be considered Trade in Hiding - based purely on volume, or is there an assumption of profit? I don't know anything about any previous stories that are being referred to, so this is just a genuine general question, coming from someone who likes all y'all.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock

By the way, let's wish Chris a Happy Birthday today!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Chrono|1361548496|3387611 said:
Green is not a primary colour. It is made from a mixture of yellow and blue,

Careful.
The three primaries when mixing pigment are red, blue and yellow. (or cyan, magenta and yellow)
But the three primaries when mixing light are red, blue and green.

TVs create all colors of the rainbow by projecting tiny dots of red blue and green.
TVs have 3 channels for 3 colors and yellow is not one of them.

Why is this so?
They say pigments are subtractive, but light is additive.
The actual reason has to do with the three types of sensors in your retina, which are red, blue and green ... not yellow.

Here's a good explanation:
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/questions/question/3361/

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock

kenny|1361555347|3387703 said:
Chrono|1361548496|3387611 said:
Green is not a primary colour. It is made from a mixture of yellow and blue,

Careful.
The three primaries when mixing pigment are red, blue and yellow.
But the three primaries when mixing light are red, blue and green.
TVs create all colors by projecting tiny dots of red blue and green.
TVs have 3 channels for 3 colors and yellow is not one of them.

Why is this so?
They say pigments are subtractive, but light is additive.
The actual reason has to do with the three types of sensors in your retina, which are red, blue and yellow ... not green.

Here's a good explanation:
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/questions/question/3361/

Thanks for adding that Kenny. What I learned about color in my graphic design classes (back in college in the stone age) was based on pigments, as it was before the day of computer graphics and we did all of our designs "by hand" not by computer. It was initially confusing to me when I started reading about "light" primary colors until I read up on it a bit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results