shape
carat
color
clarity

Help Me Find A Red Stone: A Red Spinel or A Ruby!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update, Deb. I've been following your thread for months now.

Don't be concerned about the time it has taken. Life is about the journey, and I think for you, this ring has been about the journey.

Looking forward to the final product on your finger, however. :))

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear that your project is moving along. This is going to be a gorgeous ring, and I can't wait to see photos when it's finished.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1313765212|2994249 said:
Just an update: Jonathan is looking for two matched pear shaped diamond side stones to complement my red spinel. He will also be supplying the ring, based on the look of Brian Gavin's "Grace" ring shown above. I told him that I want less metal in my ring, no "shelf" at the place where the pears come to a point. I want delicate, graceful lines. He does not, yet, have my spinel but he knows its proportions and has run different sizes and shapes of pears by me in proportion to it to see what proportions I like before he buys stones. I am hoping that the ring turns out well!

This has been a slow process, but I feel that it has gone where it should go.

Deb/AGBF
:read:
Slow, perhaps a bit, but if in the long run you have a ring you love. One that you want to wear and not change. Sometimes to get things just take longer to have them be perfect. Once you have it finished and on your hand it will all be worth it! I think your approach is quite logical.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am posting an update to this (very, very ) old thread today. A thread kenny started about a pure red diamond is one thing that made me want to post about my own stone. Some correspondence I have been having with Jonathan of Good Old Gold is another thing that made want to post about it.

I had asked Jonathan to look for a pair of pears for me, and he and I determined the proportions that I liked (pears to spinel) by his sending me photos of different pears next to an oval stone. So he was trying to match two pears. I wanted stones that were at least VS1 clarity because a lot of the ones that were VS2 clarity had nasty inclusions and I wanted D color. The stones needed to be plumpish pears for the proportion I liked and, of course, they needed to match. Jonathan now thinks he has found a pair that has GIA certs and I has sent me photos of them with a mock-up oval. I am waiting to get a price from him and to see the certs.

I am hoping I can set this this spinel at last! What do you think? Can you see them in the photo?

Deb/AGBF

JonathanSimulationWithPears.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the pears by themselves. They are a .51 and a .53 carat D colored VVS2 pear shaped stone.

Deb/AGBF

JonathanPears.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Mmm, those are nice looking pears. I really like the proportions with your spinel :)

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!! Did you decide what color metal you will be using?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
nothing wrong with those pears! they show up really just fine, really fine, actually.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lov ya Deb--high color and clarity girl after my own heart. Awesome! What smashing earring those would make!

cheers--Sharon

anotsomadhatter

Rough_Rock
Love the proportions and they sparkle quite nicely!

bleeblue

Shiny_Rock
Those are really yummy looking chubby pears! Jonathan has done a great job finding a matched pair.

I can't wait to see the finished project :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1321405131|3062542 said:
Lov ya Deb--high color and clarity girl after my own heart. Awesome! What smashing earring those would make!

Ya think? I'm afraid Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome has set in for me when it comes to pear shaped earrings. Ever since I saw the pair below I decided I didn't want anything smaller. (Princess Astrid of Belgium wore these to a funeral earlier this year. We discussed them quite a bit in the Royal Jewels thread.)

Deb
:saint:

PrincessAstrid.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
really nice pear pair!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be so interesting to see photos of your finished ring, AGBF!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those pears are to die for, they are perfect, and I adore the proportions with the mock up. Perfection.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is going to be amazing; I love the color of the red spinel Deb!!! :love: :love:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1321426628|3062785 said:
Those pears are to die for, they are perfect, and I adore the proportions with the mock up. Perfection.

Guess what? Jonathan surprised me. I opened my e-mail just now and found a new photograph. He had put my virtual spinel into the photo in place of the oval stone he had used previously, so that now I can really get a good idea of how my spinel will look with those pears! Isn't he a sweetheart? I just had to share! And I thank all of you who have been so happy and enthusiastic for me!

Deb

JonathanAtWorkAgain.png

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That looks beautiful. I love the red of your spinel. I found this thread very helpful because I also have one that I am working on.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1321734345|3065273 said:

Guess what? Jonathan surprised me. I opened my e-mail just now and found a new photograph. He had put my virtual spinel into the photo in place of the oval stone he had used previously, so that now I can really get a good idea of how my spinel will look with those pears! Isn't he a sweetheart? I just had to share! And I thank all of you who have been so happy and enthusiastic for me!

Deb

amazing!!! it's really going to be spectacular. I love the chubby pears and the proportions with your spinel...and your spinel is just a gorgeous color. I can't wait to see this ring!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47|1321735587|3065283 said:
AGBF|1321734345|3065273 said:

Deb

amazing!!! it's really going to be spectacular. I love the chubby pears and the proportions with your spinel...and your spinel is just a gorgeous color. I can't wait to see this ring!

Exatly. This is going to be a ring beyond compare.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, Deb, how perfect! It's going to be absolutely stunning.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that's what people talk about when they say "finger coverage". Delicious stones! I look forward to seeing the finished product.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1307410084|2939465 said:
Deb, I did a quick photoshop job on this. But I think depending on who you have create the ring, it could work quite well in either direction.

To debusy it maybe less diamond x's maybe? Its not to scale so I think that having less of them will also allow you to move things around a bit.

-A

I know this thread is older, but Arcadian, you are GENIUS! I LOVE this band with the e/w stone in it! IDEAS!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, the proportions are perfect!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be one of the most beautiful colored stone rings EVER!!! That is exactly how I would have set it myself, Deb! When will it be ready and who is making it?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
aljdewey|1323470611|3078135 said:
Arcadian|1307410084|2939465 said:
Deb, I did a quick photoshop job on this. But I think depending on who you have create the ring, it could work quite well in either direction.

To debusy it maybe less diamond x's maybe? Its not to scale so I think that having less of them will also allow you to move things around a bit.

-A

I know this thread is older, but Arcadian, you are GENIUS! I LOVE this band with the e/w stone in it! IDEAS!

Not a genius, just a little nutty :tongue: but nutty works if you can make nice stuff from it right :naughty:

Glad to see that Deb is further along in the process :appl:

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Superb! I can't think that it can possibly lack anything.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring has now been made and I wanted anyone who found this thread and wanted to see it to be able to find it! I am therefore posting a link to the new thread in which I post photos of the completed ring. I want to thank everyone who helped me to make the ring come together; I could never have done it without you!

Link:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/better-late-than-never-a-red-spinel-is-finally-set.170617/#post-3103224']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/better-late-than-never-a-red-spinel-is-finally-set.170617/#post-3103224[/URL]

Deb/AGBF

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results