shape
carat
color
clarity

Better Late Than Never-A Red Spinel Is Finally Set!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure that some of you who bothered to follow the many pages long thread in Colored Stones (link provided below)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-find-a-red-stone-a-red-spinel-or-a-ruby.155192/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-find-a-red-stone-a-red-spinel-or-a-ruby.155192/[/URL]

thought this day would never come. Or perhaps after a while you gave up and blocked me! It is unbelievably narcissistic to go on and on anbout one's gem and prospective piece of jewelry for a thread that long! Having done it, however, how can I not return and show you the fruits of your collective wisdom? For I could never in a million years have done this alone! Never! This was truly a Pricescope project, and, more particularly, a Colored Stones project.

I depended on you to help me find the right hue before I picked a red spinel. I depended on you to help me pick the sidestone shape I wanted. In the end, the stones were tilted (as Jonathan had placed them for a photo), because I liked that look.

I don't have great photos of the ring yet, so I tried to choose some that would give you an idea of it. I have two hand shots in there, despite my chapped hand and the awkward angle of one shot because one hand shot shows a traditional look at the ring and its proportions, but not the correct color and the other shows the color better although the shot is awkward with said chapped hand. Similarly, I have a shot of the stone disappearing into a bed of cotton in which it appears purple, but at least the part that is visible is clear. Another straight-on shot shows the color better, but shows the ring less well. Everything is made up of compromises. I apologize! I did my best to remedy the deficiencies by adding different shots.

I thank all of you for your great wisdom, patience, and support!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF

mynewspinelring7.jpg

mynewspinelring12.jpg

mynewspinelring16.jpg

mynewspinelring18 (1).jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! Looking forward to more pics :)

- Anya

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Deb, what a dream come true!!! It is amazing! That is one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen, especially since we all were a part of helping you put it together! Congratulations!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, TDF!! Heavenly! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Impossibly beautiful. Oh Oh Oh OH! :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb dear,

It's gorgeous. The proportions are perfect. Wear it in good health!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful, Deb :love:

Wear it in good health and happiness. :appl: :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the two hand shots to which I referred above!

Deb
:read:

mynewspinelring3.jpg

mynewspinelring5.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, sorry I wasn't part of the process, but kudos to you and the rest of the gang for a job well done! That is a great looking ring! :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: :appl:

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful, I love it!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very very very pretty. It's a very well balanced and executed ring that looks at home and gorgeous on your hand. Many congratulations.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
it's amazing! i was wondering about the status of this ring. the proportions are just perfect. enjoy your new ring!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely just a beautiful stone that is now transformed into a gorgeous ring. The pears are perfectly proportioned. I'm so happy for you.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
its stunning!!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Well, it appears that I never saw your finished ring after all. I did follow the thread somewhat and do think I saw some photos of the ring, perhaps it was just a possible rendition of it. Your ring is as beautiful as it was in my imagination. Please wear in good health.

Annette

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Oh good lord, that is my dream ring! Please, more pictures!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, its beautiful and its classic. What a fantastic color! Would love to see more pictures! Maybe outside? Again, love that color.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous Deb! Those pears are just beautiful and complement your center stone perfectly :love: .

familynurse

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!! I love it and I know you will smile every time you look at it. :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! And I know the photos cannot capture the true beauty of your red spinel.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
It's absolutely beautiful, both elegant and classic. Congratulations, and I hope this gorgeous ring gives you many, many years of pleasure!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations, I can only imagine the happiness and relief you must feel in receiving such a wonderful ring.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you were serious when some of you asked me to post more photographs of the ring, because I actually took more! My photographic skills did not improve since I took the first set (most unfortunately), but having a few more may (or may not) help to give one an idea of how the stone actually looks.

Thank you all for the many compliments and kind wishes!

Deb
:wavey:

mynewspinelring22.jpg

mynewspinelring21.jpg

mynewspinelring20.jpg

mynewspinelring19.jpg

usnwife

Rough_Rock
Oh my my, so very pretty. I want it, and I don't even usually like Red.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
usnwife|1326605025|3103262 said:
Oh my my, so very pretty. I want it, and I don't even usually like Red.

Thank you, usnwife! I hear you. You made me smile! I used to hate the color orange and I remember that somehow...I don't have any idea exactly how...I started, slowly, to want an orange spessartite like a poster called, "Mine" and Movie Zombie! One thing led to another and now I also have two orange leather handbags and a pair of orange leather shoes. If you had told me ten years ago that I would ever wear orange I would have told you to shoot me on the spot!!! Sometimes one sees something and likes it against one's will here!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a long time lurker and followed much of your hunt for this spinel so congratulations for your patience in holding out for the colour you really wanted. :appl: It is simply divine and the second set of photos really does show it's stunning colour. Oh! And the diamonds aren't half bad either LOL!

Wear it often in good health and let it's gorgeous-ness gladden your heart.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
It's perfection.

Perfection I tell you.

My mother, in particular, who is practically drowning in burmese rubies (she is such a big fan that my wedding present from her was swimming in rubies too) would crawl over hot coals for this ring.

It is so utterly classic and beautiful. I love that shade of red.

If I could find such a spinel, I would give it to my mother.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't been on PS very much in the last year, and I missed your search for a red stone. The stone you ended up with is absolutely gorgeous! I also love the setting you chose. What a spectacular ring!

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Love the new pictures! Of course we were serious, you have a gorgeous ring and we all love our eye candy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results