shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Trees 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 1:55:04 AM
Author: luckystar112

Date: 12/9/2009 11:24:44 PM
Author: bebe

Date: 12/9/2009 10:31:15 PM
Author: Haven
bebe--Your home is what I think of when I think of Christmas at home.
It is so beautiful. I love all of your decorations.

My Christmas envy has just been amped up tenfold.
3.gif
Ah, shucks.

I have to say, I am going to a party Thursday night, that I know the decor is over the top. I''ve heard the hostess (a friend) has 8 Christmas trees and
every nook and cranny has been decorated. Wish I could take pics and post - I know you guys would enjoy it.
Bebe, was the party in Carrollton? lol. I''m wondering if it''s the house I just started a thread about---unless there is someone else out there with similar decorations. lol.
ha ha, I was looking at your other thread!
No, the party was here in Houston. I''m not kidding when I say this friend''s home was totally over the top.
I have never seen anything like it. It looked like she shopped the entire Nutcracker Market and every high end holiday
design store. Unbelieveable, mind blowing inside and out. We know them well, and know they have been decorating since
Oct. One (of 8) tree was over 15 ft. tall and you could not see a bare branch. Every gift was wrapped in the same paper with
gorgeous bows and positioned just so under the tree. There was so much to see, you couldn''t enjoy it, just too distracting.
But my goodness, it was beautiful when you could focus on just one thing!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i finally got the photo off the camera...here is our tree this year with a little of our other decor. i didn't do much this year since i'm too pregnant haha.

everyone's trees are fabulous!

bebe..your house is crazy, i love it....looks amazing!

tao..omg that photo is soo cute. i hope you used it as your xmas card!

xmas tree 2009 small.jpg

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
This is my tree. I promise that it looks better in person.

I read the how to post more than 1 pic in a post, but didn''t understand how to do it so the following are my kitties dressed in Christmas spirit.

mcptree2009.JPG

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
This is kitty. The runty one that is also a little on the slow side.

She sports this look of confusion nearly 100% of the time

dumbkittymcp.JPG

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
This is big orange Pete. He is refusing to give me the satisfaction of taking the picture in his new hat and beard.

petelookawaymcp.JPG

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Big Orange Pete again. You can tell he is ashamed by the look on his face. After sitting there long enough he realized that the sooner he let me take the picture the sooner he could take the hat and beard off.

embarassedpetemcp.JPG

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! Too cute!

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Here is our Christmas tree--second as a married couple, first real tree. DH insisted on a real tree this year...and proceeded to want to go to a tree lot. Not for me! So, off we went to a Christmas tree farm, complete with very helpful "elves" who helped strap it onto the car for us. This was a first for me: when I would go in MI with my Dad we would tromp off through a sea of trees...and then I would get the priviledge of being the one to cut it, laying on the cold ground with our saw. I can jest, but we always had a lot of fun. My only requirement for a tree is that it be nice and fat, and we did good with that this year! Fortunatlely, the dogs don''t pay too much attention to it, but the bottom branches get abused by wagging tails.
1.gif

Christmas 2009 003_1024c.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Someone asked about tree skirts...I love mine. My aunt quilted this for me a few years ago, and its one of my holiday treasures. The cardinals on it make me think of my family and their bird feeders, my parents always have loads of cardinals.

Christmas 2009 016_1024a.jpg

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
And here they are, my two furry boys! This is the image we used on our Christmas cards. It took FOREVER to get anything remotely decent to use. I used to think one dog was hard to photograph, but two...

boome and edgar under tree.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the guest room tree - it''s a fakey, but I love having a themed tree:

11232_746352411850_22919157_43568787_4305291_n.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
And here''s our real tree - we got it last weekend, and the farm where we went had sledding. I literally sled to this tree. It was super fun :)

11232_746352915840_22919157_43568816_2991646_n.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oooh I love the color scheme!

Date: 12/15/2009 9:52:52 AM
Author: Elmorton

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2009 11:36:30 PM
Author: Amandine
Someone asked about tree skirts...I love mine. My aunt quilted this for me a few years ago, and its one of my holiday treasures. The cardinals on it make me think of my family and their bird feeders, my parents always have loads of cardinals.
what a beautiful Tree skirt! one day I will quilt my own, I love it and the details that reminds of your family! I''ve only quilted one item in my life well that I''ve kept for me (DH) and that was a Groom''s gift Flannel quilt I made for him which also incorporate details that he loves in life. I love that kind of stuff!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is BF''s dinky little tree... Haha He''s taller than his own tree.

13054_541720001863_25200289_32023967_158089_n.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I finally got a semi decent pic of our tree!

geckodanitree.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
And here are our stockings.
1.gif

geckodanitreestockings.jpg

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
My cats are driving me insane!!!! I wake up to feed the baby in the middle of the night and ornaments are all over the place! I found a broken ball this morning....We have a water bottle and we squirt them away from the tree---but when we aren''t around at night they go nuts. They also keep shorting the lights out also.

Any advice on maintaining my sanity during this time? haha.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 9:41:38 AM
Author: taovandel
My cats are driving me insane!!!! I wake up to feed the baby in the middle of the night and ornaments are all over the place! I found a broken ball this morning....We have a water bottle and we squirt them away from the tree---but when we aren''t around at night they go nuts. They also keep shorting the lights out also.

Is this the first time the cats are around a tree? If so, the novelty should pass next year. The first year my boys saw one, they took a lot of ornaments down.

If it''s not the first time, then I recommend hanging nice ornaments out of thier reach and keeping unbreakable ones at thier level. Otherwise, there is not much more you can do.

Our little one knocked over the entire tree last year when we left for a couple days, but now, he seems to steer clear of it. Maybe experience is the best teacher...
31.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
RadiantQuest: I LOVE those pics. My kitties hate getting dressed up too, but that doesn''t stop me from putting the Santa suit on during the holidays
9.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 9:52:52 AM
Author: Elmorton

Love your tree! It''s beautiful!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 10:03:57 PM
Author: geckodani
And here are our stockings.
1.gif

Love your tree!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Great new trees here!!

I recall last year some of you had the tree shots after Santa came, please post!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Radiant - your cats are ADORABLE!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/15/2009 11:17:53 AM
Author: D&T

Date: 12/14/2009 11:36:30 PM
Author: Amandine
what a beautiful Tree skirt! one day I will quilt my own, I love it and the details that reminds of your family! I''ve only quilted one item in my life well that I''ve kept for me (DH) and that was a Groom''s gift Flannel quilt I made for him which also incorporate details that he loves in life. I love that kind of stuff!
Picking up my "new" tree skirt from my mom tomorrow. She''s a quilter and she started it for me last year in hopes of finishing it for me for this year. I''ve been holding off on posting pics of my tree until I get the darn skirt under it! Hope to post pics tomorrow night.
36.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm loving the decorations
30.gif

I love the holidays!!
9.gif

FI is Jewish, so we have a "December bush". All decorations are on the cheap except the gnome - I've been sooo good about our holiday budget
37.gif
We need to find a new home for it, it's squished against the cat's window here..

FI got me the gnome for our anniversary in wine-country. It's the cutest little thing
5.gif

IMG_4376 copya09s8d-098THIS.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gnome!
9.gif

IMG_4400 copya09s8-THIS.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 9:41:38 AM
Author: taovandel

My cat was 14 years old when she passed away, and in those 14 years, she tipped the Christmas tree over at least 10 of those years. My mother''s star topper actually has teeth marks in it. I''d heard cats hate the smell of citrus, so we rigged the tree up one year with a citrus scented glade thing. I don''t know if it was because of the smell or because it was one of the ones that squirts or both, but she left it alone every year we used one of those things. Maybe it''d work with your hooligans, haha!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard that citrus deters the cats as well. Might be worth a try!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this thread! Everyone has lovely trees and adorable furbabies!!!

Our tree this year . . .

IMG5975.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results