shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Trees 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 10:03:43 AM
Author: radiantquest
Is anyone else having the problem wanting a ball or ornament in a certain spot and there isn't a stinking branch to hang it on? I have been frustrated by this. I stand there with an ornament in hand and look for a good spot. I find it, there is nothing there. I lean it and find that the reason there is nothing there is because there is not a branch nearby that will allow this ornament to be right in that spot. The worst part about it is that I do this several times before I realize that I keep going to the same spot over and over. Baahhh!
We have 4 or 5 ornaments that I cannot find a place for and so they're just on a branch leaning at a funny angle. My son hung almost all the ornaments he was in charge of at the very edge of the branches, so yesterday morning when I went to water the tree some of them fell off! lol Luckily they're not heirloom ones and the tree is placed over carpet. I have to go around and fix them when he's at school so he doesn't feel bad about not placing them right.

Today I'm going to go buy some new ornaments for fun. Exciting! I love picking them out.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the bigger green tree. I found a place in the living room..You can''t really see it, but there''s pretty green and gold ribbon wound around it.

100_02241.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aaaand the previously mentioned bungee corded white tree. We just got a big silver tree skirt at Walmart today to hide most of the bungee cords. Bwhahaha yeah we''re a classy sort.

100_02261.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay! more trees! I love this thread!!! Beautiful Tress everybody!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I''ll post a few. I pretty much use the same decorations every year, with a few changes, so some of you guys have seen this before.

Family Room.

Family Room Tree.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
This tree is in our entry area. I have a bunch of Mark Roberts Christmas Fairies on this one. I got tired of them all scattered around and decided they needed to be in one spot - so this tree it is !

Fairy Tree

Christmas decor Entry Fairy Tree1.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Living Room Mantle. I love tree toppers and decided to show them off this way.

Christmas decor Living Room Mantle.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
My Photo Tree - full of family pics in little frames.

Christmas decor Photo Tree1.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Wow, bebe! I remember some of your pics from last year but they still blow me away! Your home is absolutely gorgeous!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Breakfast Room Table and yeah, another Fairy ! This one is "12 Days Of Christmas", kinda goes with the theme of the dinnerware.

Fairy Breakfast Table 1.jpg

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Mantle in Breakfast Room, lights on garland were not plugged in -ugh. We have University of Texas Longhorns and Texas Tech University Raider ornaments on this one and some old Pottery Barn Reindeer ornaments.

Christmas decor 015.JPG

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2009 6:45:50 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Wow, bebe! I remember some of your pics from last year but they still blow me away! Your home is absolutely gorgeous!
ha ha, I knew you guys would remember !! Thanks
9.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
bebe: i love your style--and never saw these last year (was in newborn fog), so thanks for posting!!!! May I ask about some of your non-xmas items: where''d you get those great chairs by the fireplace? And is the fireplace encased in black marble? We''re redoing ours in marble which is why I''m noticing these things..Oh and in terms of Xmas, it''s all so fab...but the sitting reindeer caught my eye, so cute!

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 11:46:13 AM
Author: janinegirly
bebe: i love your style--and never saw these last year (was in newborn fog), so thanks for posting!!!! May I ask about some of your non-xmas items: where''d you get those great chairs by the fireplace? And is the fireplace encased in black marble? We''re redoing ours in marble which is why I''m noticing these things..Oh and in terms of Xmas, it''s all so fab...but the sitting reindeer caught my eye, so cute!
Ferguson Copeland, LTD
PO Box 10
Morganton, NC 28680

Style #Z- 98558-27

The chairs are almost 10 yrs old. I ordered a lot of furniture from North Carolina when we built this house. I doubt if they still
manufacture the exact chair, but give it a try! The above address might be their manufacturing facility, so I''d Google them and
see what comes up. I think I supplied the silk on the cushions and specified the pleating detail on the cushion edge.

Yes, the marble is Black Absolute.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2009 6:41:57 PM
Author: bebe
Living Room Mantle. I love tree toppers and decided to show them off this way.
love the garland swag... oooh if only we had a fireplace
39.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
bebe--Your home is what I think of when I think of Christmas at home.
It is so beautiful. I love all of your decorations.

My Christmas envy has just been amped up tenfold.
3.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 10:31:15 PM
Author: Haven

3.gif
Ah, shucks.

I have to say, I am going to a party Thursday night, that I know the decor is over the top. I''ve heard the hostess (a friend) has 8 Christmas trees and
every nook and cranny has been decorated. Wish I could take pics and post - I know you guys would enjoy it.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Bebe, love your decorations! It always brings me such pleasure to see your home!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 5:09:42 PM

Date: 12/9/2009 11:46:13 AM
Author: janinegirly
bebe: i love your style--and never saw these last year (was in newborn fog), so thanks for posting!!!! May I ask about some of your non-xmas items: where'd you get those great chairs by the fireplace? And is the fireplace encased in black marble? We're redoing ours in marble which is why I'm noticing these things..Oh and in terms of Xmas, it's all so fab...but the sitting reindeer caught my eye, so cute!
Ferguson Copeland, LTD
PO Box 10
Morganton, NC 28680

Style #Z- 98558-27

The chairs are almost 10 yrs old. I ordered a lot of furniture from North Carolina when we built this house. I doubt if they still
manufacture the exact chair, but give it a try! The above address might be their manufacturing facility, so I'd Google them and
see what comes up. I think I supplied the silk on the cushions and specified the pleating detail on the cushion edge.

Yes, the marble is Black Absolute.
Thanks and keep posting so we can eventually see your whole house! How are you decorating your outside? I just love your style--where do you get your inspiration?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2009 6:57:19 PM

Date: 12/8/2009 6:45:50 PM
Author: somethingshiny
ha ha, I knew you guys would remember !! Thanks
9.gif
HI:

Always a pleasure.
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Here is part of the tree! I''ll get a better one up later....

It''s done in gold and green....artificial tree.

evanchristmas1.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 6:28:50 AM
Author: taovandel
Here is part of the tree! I''ll get a better one up later....

It''s done in gold and green....artificial tree.
Cute! Love his outfit!!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I got sent to the UK for two months, so since we''re in a hotel room, no tree this year, so thanks for posting all of yours so I could still have a tree!

Haven, you''re cracking me up with all your tree envy! One of my good friends is Jewish, and he insists on having a "Jewmas Tree" every year. It''s always a great laugh because, since his isn''t a Christmas tree, he gets a little more creative with what he hangs on it. The actual tree is a fake white one, but for decoration, he''s used everything from just blue and silver ornaments to playing cards to beer bottle lids (that was in college
20.gif
) to miniatures he collected throughout the year when he went backpacking through Russia, Turkey, and a number of other countries.

bebe, I want to be your adopted child. Your house is freaking magnificent!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2009 1:44:25 PM
Author: Lanie
Love all of the trees so far!!! Thanks for sharing!

What do you guys do for Christmas tree skirts? I don''t like the traditional ones, so I''m thinking of putting sheepskins under there a la YoungHouseLove. They are kind of pricey at Ikea though (40 a piece) and I would need 3 of them to cover the base of the tree....http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/83235110

Our decor is more modern, and I don''t like any skirts I''ve seen...any recommendations?
I just wrap a blanket around the base and call it a day. I''ll take pics next week when my camera gets here!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 12:25:24 PM
Author: MC
We have 4 or 5 ornaments that I cannot find a place for and so they''re just on a branch leaning at a funny angle. My son hung almost all the ornaments he was in charge of at the very edge of the branches, so yesterday morning when I went to water the tree some of them fell off! lol Luckily they''re not heirloom ones and the tree is placed over carpet. I have to go around and fix them when he''s at school so he doesn''t feel bad about not placing them right.

Today I''m going to go buy some new ornaments for fun. Exciting! I love picking them out.
Could be worse. Your husband could have placed the ONLY ornament he put on the tree in a spot that is driving you batty. But since it''s his ornament, and it''s literally the only one he unscrooged long enough to put up, I can''t move it, LOL!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
We technically spent our first Christmas in our first house last year, but we were painting so had no furniture or decorations in the living room, just a few candles in the fireplace. So this year, I insisted we get a live tree and put up lights. Of course, I had to take into account an extremely curious 6-month old cat, so we got a smaller tree and put it on a table in front of the window. My mom sent a box of old ornaments from my childhood, plus we had quite a few new ones from our life together so far, so it was a lot of fun putting them on the tree and reminiscing.

Christmas2009sm004.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
We got stockings this year, and put them on the cute brass stocking hangers DH gave me last year...

Christmas2009sm001.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Closer pic of the mantel.

Christmas2009 002.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 11:24:44 PM

Date: 12/9/2009 10:31:15 PM
Author: Haven

3.gif
Ah, shucks.

I have to say, I am going to a party Thursday night, that I know the decor is over the top. I''ve heard the hostess (a friend) has 8 Christmas trees and
every nook and cranny has been decorated. Wish I could take pics and post - I know you guys would enjoy it.
Bebe, was the party in Carrollton? lol. I''m wondering if it''s the house I just started a thread about---unless there is someone else out there with similar decorations. lol.

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my fiance and I''s very first Christmas tree together. It is only 4 feet tall, so we are hoping to get a bigger one next year.
1.gif

jsmxmas09.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results