shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Trees 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock

better late than never, right?

Our weird 70''s fireplace...

000Fireplace.jpg

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
The nativity we leave up all year that my husband''s grandfather made the wood part and his great aunt bought the figurines. He keeps saying that since the wise men actually took a couple years to get there that he''s going to put the wise men and their camels on the other side of the house.

000Nativity.jpg

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
Table bedecked with apples leftover from the Halloween decorations.

000Table.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m way late! Here is ours!

christmastree.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
And our stockings!

christmasstocking1233.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2009 9:14:48 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Great new trees here!!

I recall last year some of you had the tree shots after Santa came, please post!!
Okay... I have silly pictures of the carnage after we opened presents at my Sister's:
(Note the pug in the corner with a jaunty bow...)

geckoaftermath1.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
And you can see just the bottom of their tree - which was all multicolored ornaments and absolutely gorgeous:

geckoaftermath2.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
gecko - love the pug!!

OK, I had to add ours here, even though its shamefully late. We are leaving it up until next weekend because my mom couldn''t make it out here to be with us for the actual holidays, so we are saving the tree and also the last night of Chanukah candle lighting until she can be with us next weekend.

So here is our red-and-silver tree (fake, from Target) - we decided on red and silver our first Christmas together, and we''ve been accumulating ornaments ever since:

OllieXMasPic2.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Wait, I think I see something under the tree that doesn''t *quite* fit in...let''s look again:

OllieXMasPic1.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Yup, definitely something out of place
2.gif
How about a closer look...

OllieXMasPic3.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Whaddya know - its a naughty ragdoll kitten who shouldn''t be that close to the tree, ever
3.gif

OllieXMasPic4.jpeg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
At which point, the aforementioned ragdoll began to get annoyed that I was disturbing his nap, so I stopped snapping pictures
20.gif
My cats aren''t spoiled or anything (although his annoyed face I think is hilarious...)
3.gif

OllieXMasPic5.jpeg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I know I'm late, but I wanted to add our Christmas Tree pictures to this thread!

First one is at night right after we decorated it:

LPChristmasTree2009_01.jpg

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Christmas morning! The hooks above the window are where our stockings were hanging. We had a living tree, so we had to take it outside the day after Christmas.
7.gif

LPChristmasTree2009_02.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
ladypirate - your tree is lovely, and I must say - that is possibly the most amazing pile ''o presents I have ever seen - looks like Christmas was LOTS of fun at your house this year
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha, AG, those ragdoll pics have me cracking up! He is too cute.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2009 4:02:07 PM
Author: monarch64
Hahaha, AG, those ragdoll pics have me cracking up! He is too cute.

Thanks Monnie -we''re awfully fond of him
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I would post mine, but our tree lasted exactly five hours this year. The new Siamese kitten helped it meet its demise.:) We saw her climb to the top and sit there and then there was that moment when all stood still, then CRASH!
3.gif
It's artificial and two of the legs on the stand snapped off. I would have been upset, but it was just so funny the whole family was rolling... Oh well, a Christmas tree to remember!

ETA: Forgot to say, I love this thread! Christmas is my favorite time of year and it's fun to see how everyone decorates their tree differently.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy to see more trees here! Just when I was starting to get down about Christmas being over, I pop in here to see it''s still going!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2009 6:26:22 PM
Author: Siamese Kitty
I would post mine, but our tree lasted exactly five hours this year. The new Siamese kitten helped it meet its demise.:) We saw her climb to the top and sit there and then there was that moment when all stood still, then CRASH!
3.gif
It''s artificial and two of the legs on the stand snapped off. I would have been upset, but it was just so funny the whole family was rolling... Oh well, a Christmas tree to remember!

ETA: Forgot to say, I love this thread! Christmas is my favorite time of year and it''s fun to see how everyone decorates their tree differently.

LOL - I can totally picture that! I''m convinced that kittens see a Christmas tree and think "Best toy EVER" LOL
3.gif
This is actually the first year that ours have left our tree alone (our youngest is 3.5 years old), and I''m so relieved to be able to have a tree without the hassle.

But your baby sounds adorable. Have we seen pics? If not, I think a picture of siamese kitten might be in order
2.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/31/2009 2:42:48 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
ladypirate - your tree is lovely, and I must say - that is possibly the most amazing pile ''o presents I have ever seen - looks like Christmas was LOTS of fun at your house this year
9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LOL! Thanks, AG! Several of the presents were part of sets of large things (for example, my sisters got FI a beer brewing kit which had a 5 gallon carboy, 7.5 gallon bucket, a case of beer bottles, etc.) and we had a lot of people over at our house for Christmas, so the presents were pretty well divided up. It was fun having such a big pile under the tree, though!

I love the pictures of your kitty--what a doll!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 1:15:35 PM
Author: ladypirate
Date: 12/31/2009 2:42:48 PM

Author: AmberGretchen

9.gif
9.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LOL! Thanks, AG! Several of the presents were part of sets of large things (for example, my sisters got FI a beer brewing kit which had a 5 gallon carboy, 7.5 gallon bucket, a case of beer bottles, etc.) and we had a lot of people over at our house for Christmas, so the presents were pretty well divided up. It was fun having such a big pile under the tree, though!

I love the pictures of your kitty--what a doll!

LOL - a beer making kit sounds like it would be a huge hit!! But I can definitely see how it would get extremely large...

Thanks re: kitty - he really is a giant, loving sweetie pie, and his attempts at ''cattitude'' always make me laugh because he is so ridiculous at it
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results