shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Trees 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Now that it's officially December, I figure we can start posting our Christmas trees and other Holiday displays. Please post all of your pics here, indoor and outdoor!!

Our tree was up the day after Thanksgiving, of course. We always use a fake tree because I'm allergic to real ones. This is a 7.5 ft with 1000 mini lights. I used red wire ribbon (with glitter) and pearl garland with blown glass ornaments. I also found these adorable picks with sugared fruit to fill in some spots.

eta- we don't have a fireplace, so I improvised by refinishing an old shelf and using it as a mantle under an old mirror.

xmasss22009.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, can''t wait to see these; yours is so beautiful SS
36.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Yes, please post pictures everyone! Give me inspiration to put up ours! I love the trees posted so far!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love your trees! I have Christmas tree envy in the *worst* way, I can''t wait to see more pictures!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SS and SDL--your trees are gorgeous! Mine is up (I''m only doing one this year) but it needs the tree skirt my mom made for and is probably still working on underneath, and I don''t know...more. Haha...I will probably not take pics until it''s complete. I love yours so far though!

Haven--you totally need a sock monkey tree just for fun. Not to represent anything except your sock monkey fetish!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is ours. We got the tree for free on craigslist since some guy broke up with his girlfriend and wanted to get rid of all things that reminded him of her. This was back in the summer, so that's probably why no one wanted it even for free. Everything but the red ornaments came with it, as he gave me a ton of decorations. Hopefully the tree has better karma for us!

ETA, SS, I love the creative use of the mantle/mirror!

DSC_0097aaa.JPG

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loving everyone''s trees! Ours comes out this weekend!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I decided to get a tree with multicolored lights because I wanted the twins to really remember Christmas this year. I''ll take a photo and post it tomorrow.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Yay I love looking at trees!

I''ll post mine in a few days. I randomly decided I want either an all white (ornament) tree or a white and red tree. I''ve done red and gold the past 2 years so I want something different.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Penn: Lately I''ve been over white lights and wanting multicolored one (and agree LO''s will love the variety). DH prefers white so we''re doing a mix...hope it doesn''t look weird! Can''t wait to see your tree, I know it''s going to be amazing!

Tgal: your tree rocks, and a CL find to boot. Did the ornaments come with it? I love the star..so hard finding a decent star!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Skip!

SDL~ I love the shape of your tree! I hear ya about not having many places to put one, though. I was moving furniture all around my living room and still ended up in the same place as last year.

Haven~ Why don''t you try a Holiday Bush or something??
1.gif

Monnie~ Did you get anymore Radko''s??

TGal~ WOW! That''s one heckuva free tree! Congratulations on a great and beautiful find!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of yours!!

Penn~ I have a friend who just decided to do colored lights. She ran a couple strands of white lights through the interior of the tree to get the nice glow and then used colored lights on the outer limbs. Just thought I''d share.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHA TG I absolutely love that you got a free tree with ornaments on CL. You are my bargain hunting HERO.

we put our tree up this wkd, we got it at a local catholic school and paid 1/2 of what we typically do at this other place, yay! i took a pic last nite but have to upload it.

love the trees!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always love looking at trees, but really like the ones in people''s homes. Says a bit about them - in my case that I''m cheap, hahahaha.

Janine, the red (striped, dotted, etc) ornaments I bought at Costco...a big case of them. The gold ornaments came with the tree, along with a bunch of silver ones I did not use. The star did come with the tree, along with FIVE sets of lights. I actually used my own set that I bought years ago for no apparent reason. They were on sale so I bought them, thinking someday I would have a tree. TGuy thought that was weird that I would have lights for all these years and nowhere to put them. The more I thought about it, I thought it was weird too! But I like my lights...every 5th light twinkles so it''s not like the entire tree is blinking.

Mara, get on it, girl!

Re: colored lights. Ha...I told TGuy this will be the last year our tree will look nice and balanced. When Amelia starts to care, it will be colored lights, popcorn and haphazardly arranged ornaments!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Love all the trees! Great find, TGal! Here''s ours...

christmastree09.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo, I love all the trees! I just love decorating for Christmas. Here''s our main tree in the familyroom. It''s a real tree that we always go out and get as a family on the Friday after Christmas. This year''s tree is 9ft tall and about double that wide! It took two days to decorate lol.

cmsxmastree2010.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here''s the tree in our livingroom. It''s a winter/snowman tree. All the ornaments relate to winter some how.

cmssnowmantree2010.jpg

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock

11435_188318300748_528015748_3146170_6851951_n.jpg

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
2.gif

11435_188318735748_528015748_3146171_3059763_n.jpg

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
It looks better IRL than in the picture.

It''s our first Christmas together, and I know our ornament collection will grow with time
9.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo I love the trees everyone!

All''s we have up right now is a little wee one on the kitchen table. We got teeny Rudolph and Grinch ornaments and tiny colored balls and I used thin present ribbon. I only hung the ornaments on the front of the tree b/c that''s all you can see ahahaha. Maybe tonight I''ll take a picture of my wee tree. Our other tree is a white one w/blue lights. Last year we bungee corded it to an end table in the living room..hahahaha my bff came over and started laughing "You''re tree is on TOP of the end table" hahaha yep, well, that way Trapper can''t knock it over! hahaha it was pretty funny.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I love Christmas trees. I want one.
7.gif

I was always intrigued by the concept of a "Hanukkah Bush"... maybe I could get a small thing that looks like a tree and decorate it with lights and Jewish stars, and Hanukkah ornaments. They should sell those. I would buy them!

Your trees are all SO pretty!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2009 11:08:30 AM
Author: somethingshiny
Thanks, Skip!

SDL~ I love the shape of your tree! I hear ya about not having many places to put one, though. I was moving furniture all around my living room and still ended up in the same place as last year.

Haven~ Why don''t you try a Holiday Bush or something??
1.gif

Monnie~ Did you get anymore Radko''s??

TGal~ WOW! That''s one heckuva free tree! Congratulations on a great and beautiful find!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of yours!!

Penn~ I have a friend who just decided to do colored lights. She ran a couple strands of white lights through the interior of the tree to get the nice glow and then used colored lights on the outer limbs. Just thought I''d share.
SS--I haven''t gotten any more Radko''s recently. However, I do have two I''d like to get rid of--one is just the year "2006" and the other one is "Our 1st Christmas."
9.gif
Gifts from the ex-IL''s that I really do not want to keep. I guess I will ebay them at some point.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the trees but really LOVE the adorable pets sitting under the trees!!
9.gif

catmom, your main tree is so huge!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
We also don''t have a fireplace being that we''re in Florida, so I got creative and hung them on the kitchen island!

stockings09.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2009 2:15:51 PM
Author: Laila619
9.gif

Yes it is lol!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/2/2009 2:50:15 PM
Author: Catmom

Date: 12/2/2009 2:15:51 PM
Author: Laila619
9.gif

Yes it is lol!
You did a FAB job decorating it, it must have taken days!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We don''t think we''re going to get a tree this year but it''s fun looking at everyone''s. Sometimes we get a tree and sometimes we don''t. Not sure why. I will admit to being a little scared of a live tree catching on fire, and I haven''t found an artificial tree that I''ve loved. TGal -- yours looks amazing!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
SDL -- you know, I just suggested getting a mini tree to my husband the other day. He said he''ll think about it, which is his polite way of saying no thanks. I think he wants to go all out but I just don''t have the energy for it. Maybe I''ll just surprise my husband with a mini tree. I doubt he''d make me return it.
9.gif

This may sound odd, but I think the reason I don''t tend to decorate or get psyched about getting a tree is that there''s just two of us here. If we had kids, I''m sure I''d feel differently. Don''t get me wrong, I LOVE the feel/spirit of the holiday season, but it''s just different celebrating Christmas as an adult without children.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute doggy, Lilyfoot!

Hopefully our tree will go up soon. Not sure because of all the chaos right now (with family death and all that stuff - not sure if weekend will be taken up by that). We also have to rearrange our living room to accomodate the tree! We have a big chair that has nowhere to go while the tree is placed in its spot.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay! so many christmas trees and beautiful decorations...here's ours! we also don't have a chimney so we had to be creative with a 13 month old running around, couldn't hang it on the kitchen counter
37.gif
or she'll pull on them stockings.

dtxmas09 003combo.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results