shape
carat
color
clarity

Chic Ering ?

GMAC

Shiny_Rock
I’m excited for you, OP. Your brother’s girlfriend sounds smart and classy AF. You’re a sweetheart to help him shop! I know you guys will come up with something great.

Thank you so very much @pearaffair !!!!

L

lydial

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm going to throw this out into the mix - Just because its such a large amount of money and you would hate to mess up (poor guys!) What if he proposed with this sweet pearl ring and then asked her what she would like because I too think she might be happiest with an awesome diamond band. Because it is a pearl which she wears she would likely keep this and wear it on occasion and it would be a lovely sentimental piece but not terribly expensive while also being a surprise and allowing her to choose what suits her best after the fact.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is an actual jewelry store - if OP likes this I would call them directly to negotiate - doesn't get more classic IMO

Should be able to knock 10% off easily since that is the ebay fee - they could also size and they offer a warranty.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me, jumping in late, chic is round solitaire or asscher cut. Emerald cuts are chic, but they aren’t flashy, so I do vote for emerald cut if she doesn’t need flashy.

Mekp

Shiny_Rock

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if that gorgeous asscher I found at blue Nile is still available

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This, I would get this as long as it is eyeclean, and I suspect it is

A7EA1376-ADB0-4C4D-8D71-4BF052E7B070.jpeg

But they would have to confirm it’s eyeclean

And have it set maybe like Pippa Middleton’s engagement ring or even like mine lol if she is more modern.

Pippa:
566B20EF-1965-48F6-BF04-B0EF116E80CB.jpeg

No clue what the correct term here is, but I love asschers like this so much with the "clipped corners".

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is a really solid, classic and chic option!

And a name brand she doesn’t already have! And she could pair it with an eternity band...

GMAC

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies for the links! the baguettes would not allow a flush band so I worry it would sit in a box like her sisters and get replaced with a diamond band once married. It’s a classic look but I worry about the “chic” part of it. I definitely would like to stay at VS clarity for her ering.

Thank you for all of your responses and selfless contributions to the thread. I will be sharing!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies for the links! the baguettes would not allow a flush band so I worry it would sit in a box like her sisters and get replaced with a diamond band once married. It’s a classic look but I worry about the “chic” part of it. I definitely would like to stay at VS clarity for her ering.

Thank you for all of your responses and selfless contributions to the thread. I will be sharing!

Good points. I wonder if her sisters have small kids? I wear just a band now that I have a little one.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Some of my friends just wear their wedding ring for a more low key look - whether it's because of kids, style, practicality, or safety. They wear their engagement rings when they want to dress up!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think step cut when I think chic. An emerald cut east west is different and chic to me.

What about a French cut eternity band? That's something else that comes to mind.

I couldn’t agree more with this! Step cuts are so classy and understated, a top notch EC set east-west in platinum bezel would be my pick....

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all,

My brother is looking to propose and they have talked about it and she wants it to be a surprise and has only said “ surprise me with something chic” chic to me is a EC eternity band and plain shank solitaire but not sure what chic means to her.

Her social circle:

Wear diamond bands w plain band

Her sisters were engaged with less than a carat with halos but no longer wear as married women just the wedding band rather than the set.

Her:

30s, PhD, active, wears mostly solids vs prints, natural manicure, no make up, works from home so no worries there, no heels just flats like loafers think Gucci Princetown, High waist pants and tucked in blouse.

day to day jewelry: Hermès bracelet, Tiffany and co bezel diamond studs or pearl earrings love ring/trinity on middle finger. Size 4 ring size

thoughts:
No halo setting
Plain shank to match w a Cartier love or trinity or Tiffany and co wedding band if desired instead of replacing the ring with just a band) no engraving
Colorless or G-H
VS clarity
1 carat
Budget 10k diamond only

Questions:

Any thoughts on shape ?
Solitaire w a twist ?
Preloved T&Co?

I see EC, here. As to your question re: JA EC’s, JA has many quality EC’s. I have helped a few here find their EC’s for their ER’s.
If it’s to be an eternity band, I’m not familiar with JA’s stock of EC eternities.
Finding quality EC eternity bands requires a good eye for how EC’s perform; and an eternity contains multiple EC’s for evaluation. That can be tricky.
BUT FUN!!!

GMAC

Shiny_Rock
With the EC solitaire from what I’m reading we have to worry about color, clarity, size, and performance (p2 and p3 angles, on and off steps). Very intimidating

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the EC solitaire from what I’m reading we have to worry about color, clarity, size, and performance (p2 and p3 angles, on and off steps). Very intimidating

You still have to be certain of some of those factors, even with the eternity.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results