shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here are the stones...I can't tell much from the video other than they do look white and well cut. Considering they will all be "leaky" due to the cuts I don't think I'll have the issue of the main stone and side stones being too far from each other in color. I don't know if it's the lighting environment but they look very flat, other videos they've posted have had a bit more fire/scintillation for these types of stones.

they took the stock video of the scissor cut video down but here is one of stock frenchies to illustrate the difference
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Tianyu-gem-factory-bulk-wholesale-super_62050425735.html?
Are those all french cuts (the small ones)? The larger criss cut is SO PRETTY!!!! the smaller ones are nice too, it's just so hard to tell since they are so small.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are those all french cuts (the small ones)? The larger criss cut is SO PRETTY!!!! the smaller ones are nice too, it's just so hard to tell since they are so small.

yeah the small ones are french cut, the smallest is 2x2mm
the main stone looks good
the hands in the video must be tiny!

i thought about criss cut sides but this does not look good to me....:lol-2::mrgreen2:

485910_1024x1024_329f2cc0-c7d5-437f-afa7-04f798292002_grande.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yeah the small ones are french cut, the smallest is 2x2mm
the main stone looks good
the hands in the video must be tiny!

i thought about criss cut sides but this does not look good to me....:lol-2::mrgreen2:

485910_1024x1024_329f2cc0-c7d5-437f-afa7-04f798292002_grande.jpg
huh, yeah I don't like that either! Something about the all criss-cut looks odd. But maybe it's because there's just too much of it?? I agree that yours will look better with the criss cut center and french sides! I wonder if the criss cut sides would work w. an ACC (like my inspiration pic) or round or something.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think either the graduated sides or too many stones don't look so hot in that cut, not sure which is the culprit...i missed your inspiration photo but maybe try photoshopping the ACC in? crisscut / scissor cuts remind me of daussi cuts which remind me of ACCs ...maybe they'll go together nicely

hasty mockup

upload_2019-5-29_0-8-59.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20190527-073040_Etsy.jpg

This is the pic of what I'm toying with getting at some point. Except Criss cut sides rather than french cut

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20190527-073040_Etsy.jpg

This is the pic of what I'm toying with getting at some point. Except Criss cut sides rather than french cut

those aren't as wide so may not have that "smiling shark" look as in the example above. i swear with graduated crisscuts all i see are teeth....:lol-2:

Strawberries1

Shiny_Rock
I don’t know if they sell diamonds or what those resources might be. Their pricing for moissanite seems to be in line with, sometimes slightly more, than the other Chinese companies, but their cut quality is significantly and better and therefore worth it to me. :)
What about in comparison with C&C and AV?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Is anyone getting messages from Ytisi Gems via Alibaba? I don’t mind but I thought they were the same as Tianyu, albeit different city/province...?

I haven’t bought anything from Tianyu since January and my last communication with my rep was a couple months ago.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is anyone getting messages from Ytisi Gems via Alibaba? I don’t mind but I thought they were the same as Tianyu, albeit different city/province...?
I thought they were different companies. But maybe I'm wrong?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I thought they were different companies. But maybe I'm wrong?
A lot of of their products look identical to Tianyu’s...and I think I see my Tianyu rep on there but she uses a different name on Ytisi. :lol:;-)

Edit: she’s not the one reaching out to me, btw.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
A lot of of their products look identical to Tianyu’s...and I think I see my Tianyu rep on there but she uses a different name on Ytisi. :lol:;-)

Edit: she’s not the one reaching out to me, btw.

I haven’t bought anything from Tianyu since January and my last communication with my rep was a couple months ago.
I have only bought one time through Alibaba but I am constantly get RFQ’s to buy. I think they are just system generated. This is why I prefer paypal because it is hard to get them to stop unless you choose to block them. I haven’t checked lately but you might be able to unsubscribe.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I have only bought one time through Alibaba but I am constantly get RFQ’s to buy. I think they are just system generated. This is why I prefer paypal because it is hard to get them to stop unless you choose to block them. I haven’t checked lately but you might be able to unsubscribe.
I’ll have to look at the settings. I haven’t bought directly from Alibaba, either, but I think I may have sent an RFQ by mistake when I was trying to buy from Tianyu for the first time.

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
6011BB63-E698-43B8-AA4C-2BADE357755D.png

I think they are the same company because i have seen a few post on their Instagram account with the name Ytisi in the videos.
This one is from october 1st 2018

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
D71F7D9C-1D1B-44A0-B872-07339BE6A6F0.jpeg
I looked up their first post on Instagram and in the comment they wrote "Ytisi Gems"

CASunshine

Rough_Rock
:kiss2: Hello all,
I have had so much fun reading over this thread and seeing all of your beautiful pieces. I’ve just started talking with Sue from Tianyu and am just trying to straighten out the details of what I would like in my ring. I’m beyond excited and just thought I’d post here!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CASunshine
(And, but, do I miss the CA sunshine!)

It's fun, isn't it. I'm in the final leg of ordering my next stone, decisions!

CASunshine

Rough_Rock
@CASunshine
(And, but, do I miss the CA sunshine!)

It's fun, isn't it. I'm in the final leg of ordering my next stone, decisions!

SO much fun! Though, I’m not sure how happy my husband is with how much time I’ve devoted to researching :lol-2: I know what you mean about the decisions....I keep going back and forth with the stone size and cut.

What stone are you thinking of purchasing?

(CA has been so warm lately )

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO much fun! Though, I’m not sure how happy my husband is with how much time I’ve devoted to researching :lol-2: I know what you mean about the decisions....I keep going back and forth with the stone size and cut.

What stone are you thinking of purchasing?

(CA has been so warm lately )

@CASunshine you have the perfect name!
I'm looking for an elongated stone. Marquise, oval or an elongated cushion. I keep changing my mind!

VieEffects

Rough_Rock
I'm new to PS, but has lurking for a long time. This thread made really pushed me to get a RHR! I have been meaning to get this ring but was not able to afford, Tianyu seems like a great option. Warnning: LOTS of pictures attached!

image(06-08-12-40-27).png image(06-08-12-40-27)(2).png image(06-08-12-40-27)(3).png image(06-08-12-40-27)(5).png image(06-08-12-40-27)(4).png

I had wanted a .3 carat side stones, and 1.5 carats centre stone.
However, Emily said she believes .15 carat side stone is better due to my ring size 4.

This is what she said: "... my designer she said your finger size is small, we advise side gems 3.5mm(0.15ct) instead 4.5mm(0.33ct) is ok, attached is our Tianyu product which you used to do this style, and this video center 7.5mm(1.5ct) side 3.5mm(0.15ct) for you refrence;

Main gems cut :Moissanite Heart and Arrows round brilliant cut.
Gems color : Warmer color GH /vs
Gems size: Center : 7.5mm(1.5ct)*1pc + 3.5mm(0.15ct) *2pcs
Metal : 18k yellow gold
Band width & thickless : 2mm & 1.5mm
Ring size : US#4 "

Here is the CAD:
TYR278  20181130圆形三钻女戒详情 (1).jpg CAD.png

I have some questions for fellow PS members here (since many members here have much sharper eyes than me!), what is your opinion on:

1. What do you think of using 0.15 carat side stones, vs 0.3 carats.
2. I requested YG, but on CAD, it shows WG. Also, ring size is 6.25 when my ring size is 4. Do I need to request the CAD be redone, or is it sufficient just to let Emily know correct it.
3. What does everyone think of the dimensions? Anything look too thick or thin?
4. Also, what do you think of the stones? Do they look a tad dark? It's my first time embedding a video, here is link in case it doesn't work LOL

Thanks so much everyone :kiss2:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think they are just sharing a sample cad and still need to customize to your specifications.

with the 3.5mm side stones it has a different look than your inspiration photo to me...less of a 3 stone and more of an accented solitaire. both are pretty, just depends what look you are going for.

do you know the ratio of the stones in your inspiration photo? you could size down the center in your tianyu ring if you want to keep the 4.5 sides. maybe cut out some paper examples in the various sizes you're considering to see what looks best on your finger.

VieEffects

Rough_Rock
i think they are just sharing a sample cad and still need to customize to your specifications.

with the 3.5mm side stones it has a different look than your inspiration photo to me...less of a 3 stone and more of an accented solitaire. both are pretty, just depends what look you are going for.

do you know the ratio of the stones in your inspiration photo? you could size down the center in your tianyu ring if you want to keep the 4.5 sides. maybe cut out some paper examples in the various sizes you're considering to see what looks best on your finger.

Thanks @bludiva for your input. I re-read Emily's message and realized she sent a sample CAD, no wonder it came so quickly LOL :doh:

The inspiration picture is from https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...e-butterflies-diamond-engagement-ring-230.htm I believe in the pictures, side stone is .25 carats each, and centre is 1 carat. I think I agree with you. Both inspiration pic and sample CAD is pretty, just one looks for three stone and one is more accented solitaire. Good eye!!

Does anyone have any thoughts on the looks of the moissy stones? Or dimentions of the ring in CAD? :geek2:

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I'm new to PS, but has lurking for a long time. This thread made really pushed me to get a RHR! I have been meaning to get this ring but was not able to afford, Tianyu seems like a great option. Warnning: LOTS of pictures attached!

image(06-08-12-40-27).png image(06-08-12-40-27)(2).png image(06-08-12-40-27)(3).png image(06-08-12-40-27)(5).png image(06-08-12-40-27)(4).png

I had wanted a .3 carat side stones, and 1.5 carats centre stone.
However, Emily said she believes .15 carat side stone is better due to my ring size 4.

This is what she said: "... my designer she said your finger size is small, we advise side gems 3.5mm(0.15ct) instead 4.5mm(0.33ct) is ok, attached is our Tianyu product which you used to do this style, and this video center 7.5mm(1.5ct) side 3.5mm(0.15ct) for you refrence;

Main gems cut :Moissanite Heart and Arrows round brilliant cut.
Gems color : Warmer color GH /vs
Gems size: Center : 7.5mm(1.5ct)*1pc + 3.5mm(0.15ct) *2pcs
Metal : 18k yellow gold
Band width & thickless : 2mm & 1.5mm
Ring size : US#4 "

Here is the CAD:
TYR278  20181130圆形三钻女戒详情 (1).jpg CAD.png

I have some questions for fellow PS members here (since many members here have much sharper eyes than me!), what is your opinion on:

1. What do you think of using 0.15 carat side stones, vs 0.3 carats.
2. I requested YG, but on CAD, it shows WG. Also, ring size is 6.25 when my ring size is 4. Do I need to request the CAD be redone, or is it sufficient just to let Emily know correct it.
3. What does everyone think of the dimensions? Anything look too thick or thin?
4. Also, what do you think of the stones? Do they look a tad dark? It's my first time embedding a video, here is link in case it doesn't work LOL

Thanks so much everyone :kiss2:
I agree... I am pretty sure they have done this ring before and they are showing you an example CAD. I don’t think for your finger size that it is impossible to fit a slightly larger stone. Maybe go for 4 mm so that it looks closer to your inspiration picture.

I would change the bottom measurement to at least 1.6 mm for durability. Since you are going with yellow gold, I would also change to G/H in color. The video is showing that grey color because they are colorless stones and you will get that steely blue/grey look with the H&A cut. The G/H will show some warmth in in yellow gold though. If you don’t mind that, you will be fine. They also offer an ‘F’ that is something in-between but I personally would choose G/H. The rest of the measurements look fine to me. They are pretty good at the 3 stone rings like this.

Not to take away from Tianyu but if you ordered this through Starsgem, you could have lab diamond side stones. It doesn’t cost too much more and would look really nice with the center H&A cut.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's important to keep the proportions the same as the inspiration, rather than the exact same stone size itself. Otherwise it'll be a different look.

VieEffects

Rough_Rock
I agree... I am pretty sure they have done this ring before and they are showing you an example CAD. I don’t think for your finger size that it is impossible to fit a slightly larger stone. Maybe go for 4 mm so that it looks closer to your inspiration picture.

I would change the bottom measurement to at least 1.6 mm for durability. Since you are going with yellow gold, I would also change to G/H in color. The video is showing that grey color because they are colorless stones and you will get that steely blue/grey look with the H&A cut. The G/H will show some warmth in in yellow gold though. If you don’t mind that, you will be fine. They also offer an ‘F’ that is something in-between but I personally would choose G/H. The rest of the measurements look fine to me. They are pretty good at the 3 stone rings like this.

Not to take away from Tianyu but if you ordered this through Starsgem, you could have lab diamond side stones. It doesn’t cost too much more and would look really nice with the center H&A cut.

@swaye2010 Thanks for your input! I’ll definitely let them know to make the bottom part a bit bigger at 1.6 -1.7 for durability. The stones in picture is actually GH color. The DEF color is for the sample CAD only. It looks a bit dark and grey in video. I never thought of lab diamond sides stones, I do wonder if it would look too contrasting as they are different stones. Have you had mixed stones before?

I think I might have to cut up paper pieces to see how .3 vs .15 sidestones will look on my finger.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
@swaye2010 Thanks for your input! I’ll definitely let them know to make the bottom part a bit bigger at 1.6 -1.7 for durability. The stones in picture is actually GH color. The DEF color is for the sample CAD only. It looks a bit dark and grey in video. I never thought of lab diamond sides stones, I do wonder if it would look too contrasting as they are different stones. Have you had mixed stones before?

I think I might have to cut up paper pieces to see how .3 vs .15 sidestones will look on my finger.
Yes, the diamonds can match the moissanites really well. To me, those stones definitely look like E/F stones which have a tendency to go grey unless they took this video in unusual lighting. The Whiteflash setting says it’s .25 carat so that is a 4 mm stone as I suggested. There are a lot of people that have had this setting made in your finger size without a problem. If you want a solitaire with side stones or a 3 stone is really the question. If the stones are angled the right way, it works fine.

The side stones for the moissanite say round brilliant and not H&A so the cuts will already be different.I do have settings with moissanite and diamonds and it just makes the overall setting look more diamond like but this is really personal choice. It also gives you the option to change it out to a gemstone or a lab diamond at a future date as lab diamonds are getting cheaper and the overall sparkle factor is much nicer. Round brilliant moissanite side stones are pretty dull.

VieEffects

Rough_Rock
Yes, the diamonds can match the moissanites really well. To me, those stones definitely look like E/F stones which have a tendency to go grey unless they took this video in unusual lighting. The Whiteflash setting says it’s .25 carat so that is a 4 mm stone as I suggested. There are a lot of people that have had this setting made in your finger size without a problem. If you want a solitaire with side stones or a 3 stone is really the question. If the stones are angled the right way, it works fine.

The side stones for the moissanite say round brilliant and not H&A so the cuts will already be different.I do have settings with moissanite and diamonds and it just makes the overall setting look more diamond like but this is really personal choice. It also gives you the option to change it out to a gemstone or a lab diamond at a future date as lab diamonds are getting cheaper and the overall sparkle factor is much nicer. Round brilliant moissanite side stones are pretty dull.

I agree stones looks a bit grey, I’ll ask them to confirm color and put against white background to see if it looks any different. If not, I think I’ll request different stones.

I also agree that 4mm sides isn’t too big for size 4 finger. I’d probably end up asking if they can make side stones bigger, but going back and forth seeing if I like soli look.

I’m so glad you brought up lab diamond option. This is why I want to hear PS users’ opinions, it’s something I’ve never even would consider! I saw some lab diamonds on Tianyu site, maybe they’ll allow lab diamond sides stones. If not, I’ll look into starsgem option. Thanks for the recommendation! =)2

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I agree stones looks a bit grey, I’ll ask them to confirm color and put against white background to see if it looks any different. If not, I think I’ll request different stones.

I also agree that 4mm sides isn’t too big for size 4 finger. I’d probably end up asking if they can make side stones bigger, but going back and forth seeing if I like soli look.

I’m so glad you brought up lab diamond option. This is why I want to hear PS users’ opinions, it’s something I’ve never even would consider! I saw some lab diamonds on Tianyu site, maybe they’ll allow lab diamond sides stones. If not, I’ll look into starsgem option. Thanks for the recommendation! =)2
Not sure if they are doing lab diamonds yet but I wouldn’t be surprised if they now do as SG has been doing it since Christmas.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
quick question: I've been communicating with Sophia on the Alibaba site. She wants me to message her either on WhatsApp or via email. Is this unusual? Should I be concerned about the change?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
quick question: I've been communicating with Sophia on the Alibaba site. She wants me to message her either on WhatsApp or via email. Is this unusual? Should I be concerned about the change?

No, WhatsApp is easier for them. Every rep I talked to across multiple companies asked me to do the same thing.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Very normal. It is not like eBay. I would stay pay with PP though instead of through Alibaba app personally.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results