shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sure. Here it is with my trinity rolling ring.
CED72C45-A935-4BCB-8B15-AF0A0C07B0C5.jpeg

That’s a really nice stack. I like this ring, it’s surely a good alternative to french cut diamond rings.
I’ll wait now for my French cut studs to arrive, and then I really can better judge the performance of this cut.

But basically I think I have to order one next year. I don’t want to begin at the end of the year with a new project, everyone is just too busy, including myself.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone I have been scrolling back looking at all of the gorgeous rings. So much Inspo here!

I am having a less than brilliant experience at the moment with an Indian Moissanite jeweller and it was suggested I try one of the Chinese vendors.

Can I ask is Alibaba the best place to see their designs or do they have an instagram page? I am thinking I would be better to order something tried and tested rather than something bespoke.

Thanks

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I’m not sure if the 8mm heart will be too big. But I do want it to be a noticeable pendant and I don’t think my 8mm round is too big so we will see. :)

I think that 8mm will be the perfect size for the heart on that pendant.:kiss2: That is the cutest thing ever!
My mom recently had to put down her furbaby of 15 years too so your idea of getting something like that to remember them of and in their honor is such a great idea! ;)2 Thanks for sharing that with us! :halo: My heart goes out to you! XX HUGS! XX

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oops. Didn’t all load.

AB5EDACE-4CBA-4A0A-B98D-8509BFE8EB8F.jpeg E11D1546-EEF8-43F9-BC3E-A9C137FABF0A.jpeg 02E8378B-EF47-4AA0-84CE-703929103F88.jpeg A8466C89-60F9-4EA4-A23E-C82C4D5A1CFE.jpeg

This is gorgeous! I have been going back and forth on getting a French cut band. Do you happen to have the CAD for this beautiful band?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous! I have been going back and forth on getting a French cut band. Do you happen to have the CAD for this beautiful band?

I do not sorry. Though I imagine if you sent them the pics they’d know which band you’re talking about. It’s made with 2mm French cuts.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone I have been scrolling back looking at all of the gorgeous rings. So much Inspo here!

I am having a less than brilliant experience at the moment with an Indian Moissanite jeweller and it was suggested I try one of the Chinese vendors.

Can I ask is Alibaba the best place to see their designs or do they have an instagram page? I am thinking I would be better to order something tried and tested rather than something bespoke.

Thanks

Maybe try this one:
http://www.tygems.net/en/PRODUCT/MOISSANTE/

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock

Thanks
Tianyu has really invested a lot of time and energy on their Alibaba store. Check them out:

https://tygems.m.en.alibaba.com?tracelog=alisupplier_sns_minisite

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks I am getting quotes from them at the moment. I needed to go back to them as Cherry quoted me on G/H but I wanted D/E/F

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I knew I shouldn’t look but I did anyway. Bad idea. I’ve already found at least 2 rings I want and a couple loose stones caught my eye too. :geek2:

All the legwork was already done by these lovely ladies. Makes it so easy to shop. I'm eyeing at least 3 pairs of earrings I saw that are gorgeous.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
I have a quote back for fairly much what I asked Goldenbird for and the price is the same.

4k yellow gold with 7*8mm cushion OMC cut DEF color moissantie, ring size 7.5US, the price is 515USD.

silver with 7*8mm cushion OMC cut DEF color moissnaite, ring size 7.5US, the price is 370USD.

I am waiting to see what Goldenbirds ring looks like once it is made. After that I will make a decision on either asking for a refund and going with Tianyu or pressing ahead and crossing everything with Goldenbird.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I have a quote back for fairly much what I asked Goldenbird for and the price is the same.

4k yellow gold with 7*8mm cushion OMC cut DEF color moissantie, ring size 7.5US, the price is 515USD.

silver with 7*8mm cushion OMC cut DEF color moissnaite, ring size 7.5US, the price is 370USD.

I am waiting to see what Goldenbirds ring looks like once it is made. After that I will make a decision on either asking for a refund and going with Tianyu or pressing ahead and crossing everything with Goldenbird.

Ok, pricing seems similar....you have a good plan to wait and see what the ring looks like to decide. I'm curious too.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks I am getting quotes from them at the moment. I needed to go back to them as Cherry quoted me on G/H but I wanted D/E/F
You will love their DEF stones, they are WHITE.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Last edited:

Misscaliente08

Rough_Rock
Lab grown diamonds! Cannot wait to see quotes and feedback on those stones. I wonder if they’ll come in OEC! So exciting

hyperlactemiac

Rough_Rock
221352EA-07CE-4105-8E50-58630950801F.jpeg
My ring arrived today! The sun was long gone by the time DHL arrived (picked up for shipment friday evening and delivered tuesday evening) so I’ll post some better pictures and a lengthier review tomorrow. Just wanted to share! I’m blown away by how great it is.

Sirenagirl

Shiny_Rock
My ring arrived today! The sun was long gone by the time DHL arrived (picked up for shipment friday evening and delivered tuesday evening) so I’ll post some better pictures and a lengthier review tomorrow. Just wanted to share! I’m blown away by how great it is.
So gorgeous!! :appl::appl:Can't wait to see more!

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock

Oh weee, that is gorgeous! Could we see the CAD again? What dimensions did you get for the main stone and the sides? They look great together.

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Can’t wait to get my Emerald cut ring. Apparently it had to be remade as the stone colors didn’t match.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I asked Emily about the lab diamonds and she said they start to wholesale some melee size HTHP diamonds to agents. But they don't do custom loose diamond. Price is also higher than moissanite, but that's expected.

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
A different sales rep (Annabelle? )posted pics of their lab grown diamonds. There were stones from D color to J color, melee to 2 carats. I sent her a PM asking about cut grade and clarity.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
A different sales rep (Annabelle? )posted pics of their lab grown diamonds. There were stones from D color to J color, melee to 2 carats. I sent her a PM asking about cut grade and clarity.

Are you talking about the same IG post you posted but if you keep scrolling you see their grading card and sizes? Or a different link? Let me know what she says. I'd honestly be a bit worry buying from them even if they are selling it to individuals and not companies. N.A. companies can hardly do them right past 1ct and only certain companies and jeweler can sell bigger sizes and have them look well. I wouldn't want to be the first to test it out, but if someone does, I'll be gluing to the review^_^

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really love my French cut band so I’m taking a gamble to have them custom make a moissy dog paw print pendant in memory of my big fluff bear that was recently diagnosed with cancer and we have to put to sleep in a week.

I’m having it made in silver because I think tianyu has been hit or miss with CADs and quality control so I wanted to keep it pretty cheap. I can always get another made in gold later if I end up lovin’ it and gift the silver to one of my many many dog loving friends and family.

It’s going to be made using 4mm hearts and arrow rounds and a 8mm heart moissy.

Fingers crossed it’s not a mess lol.
Inspiration photos:

A37218A7-5DE0-43AD-9D77-13E411751A3B.jpeg F66FCE33-164C-468C-9467-0084120D399A.jpeg
Sorry about your puppy! Nice pendant to remember him! My houndy boy also has cancer. I'm doing some chemo for him. Just not ready to let him go yet. His qua!ity of life is still great so....we take each day as it comes. They give us so much, don't they?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about your puppy! Nice pendant to remember him! My houndy boy also has cancer. I'm doing some chemo for him. Just not ready to let him go yet. His qua!ity of life is still great so....we take each day as it comes. They give us so much, don't they?
Yeah. Sadly chemo wasn’t even presented as an option for us. And I’m in medicine and am familiar with how aggressive the cancer is. I’m not sad about the decision since I know it’s what would be best for him so that he doesn’t keep suffering. Ill still miss him so so much though.

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Making the grade - so very sorry! sorry all for thread jack!

Henry has hemangiosarcomas in his heart and spleen. It was caught sort of accidentally by US when he had a cough. Probably as you know, a really sucky canine cancer. But the studies showed a 6 month average of extended life vs. No tx. He's had no adverse effects so far. And is still pretty lively for 13.

You are a great pup mom! They don't need to suffer. Thinking of you and your pup. Tearing up here.

CAF

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Are you talking about the same IG post you posted but if you keep scrolling you see their grading card and sizes? Or a different link? Let me know what she says. I'd honestly be a bit worry buying from them even if they are selling it to individuals and not companies. N.A. companies can hardly do them right past 1ct and only certain companies and jeweler can sell bigger sizes and have them look well. I wouldn't want to be the first to test it out, but if someone does, I'll be gluing to the review^_^

I completely agree! I've been keeping an eye on the lab grown diamond industry since DeBeers announced Lightbox Jewelry. There are still issues with color/clarity when they try to grow too quickly. I have read that HPHT is better than CVD but most places combine the two. I'm patiently waiting for BTD in Washington state to come out with larger sizes. Most high quality MMD are only available in small sizes, less than a carat right now. Brilliant Earth, Diamond Foundry (Leonardo Dicaprio backed) and Ada Diamonds have mostly J colored, SI1-2 stones that probably aren't cut very well.

BTD MMD are Super Ideal H&A. They will be offering 1 carat in January, 1.5 in the spring and 2 carat in summer 2019. I'm not in a rush, in fact, I want to wait a few more years because I think prices will drop even more. Right now they are only 20-40% cheaper than mined diamonds. BTD will be selling their Ideal Cut Takara Lab Grown Diamonds (D-E color, IF, Ideal, or XXX) for only $1500/ct!!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! Can’t wait to get my Emerald cut ring. Apparently it had to be remade as the stone colors didn’t match.

Your ring is absolutely perfect! I hope you post the CAD so I can get a dainty RHR with their hydrothermal emerald.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results