shape
carat
color
clarity

Sites That Sell Lab Grown Diamonds?

chobo2

Rough_Rock
Hi

I am interested in Lab Grown Diamonds but I am having trouble finding sites that sell engagement rings but also sell/ship to Canada duty free and allow free returns/ring resize.

I only been able to find

https://www.quorri.com/pages/discover-luxe-lab-grown-diamond-simulant

The link to their simulant(which I do have questions on this but I am not sure where to post this) but they also seem to sell lab grown diamonds(they call them pure).

The only other site I can find is Brilliant Earth which I was looking at their lab grown princess cut and was about 400-500 cheaper than what I considered a compareable but the problem is their "settings" are so expensive like the cheapest one is like $600 CDN since they use like 18K gold where bluenile has settings that start at $260 CDN.

So it pretty much kills any savings as 14K vs 18K gold is not something I care about.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's not a thread listing the different sites (yet) but read through some of the threads in this part of the forum and you should find them :)

August Vintage mentioned by snowdrop would be my starting point, though - Jonathon is very focused on cut quality and light performance, so you would be in good hands :)

bv_jewels

Rough_Rock
Did you try faaya.com ? I saw an internet ad and stumbled on their site and it looks like a good collection to me

MelloYello8

Shiny_Rock
I never bought anything at this store but the prices are competitive and now that I’m looking at the return policy, it’s pretty good with one free resizing.

https://www.25karats.com/return-policy

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they ideal heart & arrows cut? What does MMD stand for? AIUI? Thanks.
The larger stones I have seen have been fancy shapes rather than MRBs - I must go to work so I can't find them now, but they definitely exist! I read somewhere yesterday that GIA have graded a 35ct+ Man Made Diamond (MMD)... :o

AIUI is 'as I understand it' :)

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
The larger stones I have seen have been fancy shapes rather than MRBs - I must go to work so I can't find them now, but they definitely exist! I read somewhere yesterday that GIA have graded a 35ct+ Man Made Diamond (MMD)... :o

AIUI is 'as I understand it' :)

Thank you for clarifying the acronyms! 35ct MMD, WHOA!:love::love: I just want a really well cut sparkly 2 carat diamond in a simple solitaire and I will be happy. I'm pretty patient, been married for 15 years, I've just always wanted a nice big diamond solitaire. I have a smaller stone in a halo right now.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WAY out of my budget! The BTD MMD will sell for $1500-$1600/ct. but thanks for looking out for me.
That seems very low in price! I'm not aware of them, though - do they have a fixed price per carat setup, like Lightbox does?

I'm surprised they've only got 7 stones for sale, all well under $1k - if they are one of America's fastest growing companies (as the 'stamp' at the top of the page suggests) then how will they make any profit only selling that small number at that small price, when HPHT treatment alone must take a lot of time and energy (and therefore cost)?!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
That seems very low in price! I'm not aware of them, though - do they have a fixed price per carat setup, like Lightbox does?

I'm surprised they've only got 7 stones for sale, all well under $1k - if they are one of America's fastest growing companies (as the 'stamp' at the top of the page suggests) then how will they make any profit only selling that small number at that small price, when HPHT treatment alone must take a lot of time and energy (and therefore cost)?!

Maybe this might help explain why smaller sizes for now.
All of our Takara lab diamonds are cut to Super Ideal Eternity Hearts and Arrows specifications (AGS Ideal - 0 equivalent).

Fewer than 1% of all mined diamonds are cut to this level of perfection and beauty. This is because it takes significantly more time and accuracy to do, and cutting for beauty loses larger amounts of rough vs cutting to Ideal cut or lower (Excellent cut, etc). More rough is cut away resulting in greater beauty but smaller finished diamond size. This is why H&A cut diamonds are priced higher than regular rounds.

We cut exclusively to Super Ideal H&A (AGS-0 equivalent) for our Takara lab diamonds, as it is produces the maximum fire and brilliance for diamond, and thus the greatest beauty.

Here is our current pricing, effective 11/16/18:
takara-eternity-pricing.jpg

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock

Most of their profit comes from selling their wildly popular Amora Gem. I own one and it is gorgeous! I've been shopping with them since 2007. I don't work for them, I just like the time and effort they take in making the best product in everything they do. They are working on larger sizes. They had some 6-7mm sizes a couples months ago but they sold out in minutes. You can get added to a notification list for the size/color/clarity you want and most people REALLY look out for that email and when they get one saying a stone is ready, they pull the trigger fast!

chunkyfacetlover

Shiny_Rock
I've checked out ADA diamonds out of San Francisco, Diamond Foundry, Brilliant Earth and most of them are J colored or warmer, which I don't mind in an antique cut. They are SI1-2, and "IDEAL" cut, but when looking at the specs, I can tell they aren't really ideal cut. Lightbox isn't providing any info at all for their stones and the biggest they are selling is 1 carat. I guess DeBeers doesn't want to compete with its bridal diamond business.

The market is still relatively new for jewelry purposes although MMD have been used commercially for over 30 years now. I want to wait and see what's going to happen in the industry over the next few years before making any big purchases. If BTD doesn't meet their summer deadline for 2 carat rounds, I'm fine with that.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the info, I have learned new things today! :))

I will be interested to see if you can get hold of a larger stone at some point - please post up if/when you do!

VDK1

Shiny_Rock
To those who still insist that Light Box is selling MMD under its cost ( aka 400USD/ half carat, 800 USD/ carat) could read the intensive Global Diamond Industry 2018 report (produced for the Antwerp World Diamond Center)from Bain & Co.:

“New chemical vapor deposition (CVD) technology deeply cut the cost to produce larger, higher-quality diamonds. Today, it costs $300 to $500 per carat to produce a CVD lab-grown diamond, compared with $4,000 per carat in 2008.

As production costs have dropped, retail prices have followed. The retail price of gem-quality lab-grown diamonds nearly halved in the past two years, while wholesale prices dropped threefold. Prices are expected to decrease even further as production efficiencies increase, new competitors enter the market and the segment commoditizes.

Marketing could uphold the value of natural diamonds, especially if the prices of lab-grown diamonds continue to drop. It’s probable that consumers will view lab-grown diamonds as fashion jewelry but not luxury goods, limiting the effect on natural diamond demand.”

https://www.bain.com/insights/global-diamond-industry-report-2018/

barotsagar85

Rough_Rock
How large do you want?

MMD manufacturers are producing 10ct+ cut stones, AIUI...
Hi..do they sell rough form of CVD ?? I am interested in buying rough CVD and CVD growing machines ..any help appreciated.

Thanks
Regards

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results