shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying Moissanite from Tianyu Gems

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Did your ring arrive, @Taurus2313?

Yes, my ring and the radiant cut stone I ordered did arrive on Tuesday.;)2 Thanks for checking..
I really like the ring and think that it turned out very nice. The underside was already hollowed out so I :confused2:cringe to think of what they would have done to hollow it out even more to reduce the gold weight. I am so glad that I told her to ship it as it was and did not allow them to revise the ring. I haven't weighed it yet on my scale to verify their reported gold weight. I did check the stones with my diamond tester and they tested as diamond so that is good.
The radiant cut stone, I am not too happy with though.:(2 It was supposed to be DEF colorless and I can see a definite yellow tone to the stone (Looks more GHI color) and it doesn't appear to have much fire. It is a small stone though so I just don't know. I know that usually the larger the stone they can exhibit some yellow tones but didn't think that was an issue in the smaller stones. I guess that I will just sell it or something because I don't think it will be worth it to send it back for a refund at this point. The ring I am definitely keeping and will wear it with pride! :halo::saint:

20181005_130928_HDR.jpg

Stone has too yellow of tone to be DEF Colorless..
20181005_130851_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello folks, hoping for some input on an issue I'm having...
I ordered a moissanite ring from tianyu, received it and its stunning. At first I thought maybe my fingers were bloated from salt or recent weight gain, but it was tight. I wasn't able to wear it! I finally got around to a jewellery store to measure it, its almost a full size too small! I messaged back Ella and she asked me to find out what the cost to size it up or re-set the stone in a setting they would send for free. Both work out pretty similar (and pricey, canadian pricing vs china pricing). Ella is balking at the price and only offered to send a new setting for free - but I would still have to pay for it to be set! I'm upset because its not *my* fault its the wrong size, and I shouldn't have to pay to fix their mistake. Any advice??

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered a moissanite ring from tianyu, received it and its stunning. At first I thought maybe my fingers were bloated from salt or recent weight gain, but it was tight. I wasn't able to wear it! I finally got around to a jewellery store to measure it, its almost a full size too small! I messaged back Ella and she asked me to find out what the cost to size it up or re-set the stone in a setting they would send for free. Both work out pretty similar (and pricey, canadian pricing vs china pricing). Ella is balking at the price and only offered to send a new setting for free - but I would still have to pay for it to be set! I'm upset because its not *my* fault its the wrong size, and I shouldn't have to pay to fix their mistake. Any advice??

I agree that it is not your fault that the ring was sent in the incorrect size. Were there any problems with translating the size that you wanted over to them at the time of purchase? Also is there any way that you could get a local jeweler to resize for you and then have Tianyu refund you the difference?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

If they send a new setting for free, I assume you have to mail the one you currently have back? I can’t imagine them letting you keep it.

If they are having you send it back, just send the completed Ring and they can swap it out for you. Make them pay for shipping at least one way, if not both since it’s their error.

If they’re letting you keep it, sell it and put those funds toward resetting the moissanite in the new ring.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that it is not your fault that the ring was sent in the incorrect size. Were there any problems with translating the size that you wanted over to them at the time of purchase? Also is there any way that you could get a local jeweler to resize for you and then have Tianyu refund you the difference?
No issues communicating, it was clearly written as a size 7 on all documentation, but sent as 6.25 ish.
Your idea is actually what Tianyu wanted, however for the price of the ring (obviously inexpensive), the price to resize here it is like 1/3 of the total cost of the ring, which they don't want to pay.

If they send a new setting for free, I assume you have to mail the one you currently have back? I can’t imagine them letting you keep it.

If they are having you send it back, just send the completed Ring and they can swap it out for you. Make them pay for shipping at least one way, if not both since it’s their error.

If they’re letting you keep it, sell it and put those funds toward resetting the moissanite in the new ring.
Nope, they will send the new setting for free (without requiring to send the old one back). Its a very basic solitaire setting. TBH I dont want to go through the hassle of trying to sell/ship the old setting, but that is an option.
Most recently I did offer that I would send the entire ring back if they cover shipping. I still think they might not like that idea (since shipping each way was like $30 USD, so $60 usd, which is pretty similar to size/rhodium plate the ring). I am waiting to hear back about that option though =/

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
No issues communicating, it was clearly written as a size 7 on all documentation, but sent as 6.25 ish.
Your idea is actually what Tianyu wanted, however for the price of the ring (obviously inexpensive), the price to resize here it is like 1/3 of the total cost of the ring, which they don't want to pay.

Nope, they will send the new setting for free (without requiring to send the old one back). Its a very basic solitaire setting. TBH I dont want to go through the hassle of trying to sell/ship the old setting, but that is an option.
Most recently I did offer that I would send the entire ring back if they cover shipping. I still think they might not like that idea (since shipping each way was like $30 USD, so $60 usd, which is pretty similar to size/rhodium plate the ring). I am waiting to hear back about that option though =/

o_OHmm, that is strange that it is going to cost them about the same amount either way to make this situation right but it seems more feasible that they would just pay for the resizing of the ring done by your local jeweler and you wouldn't have to return it back to them. My local jeweler charges $50.00 USD for one full size up and for each additional full size up it is $15.00 USD extra.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
o_OHmm, that is strange that it is going to cost them about the same amount either way to make this situation right but it seems more feasible that they would just pay for the resizing of the ring done by your local jeweler and you wouldn't have to return it back to them. My local jeweler charges $50.00 USD for one full size up and for each additional full size up it is $15.00 USD extra.
Does that include the rhodium plating? Mine will be around $70 USD for sizing + rhodium plating which is pretty expensive when the ring was only like $200 USD lol.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
Does that include the rhodium plating? Mine will be around $70 USD for sizing + rhodium plating which is pretty expensive when the ring was only like $200 USD lol.

;)2Yes it does as they will have to rhodium plate that area when they are done resizing the ring. My local jeweler does not charge separate for the sizing and the rhodium plating that needs to be done once they are finished with resizing the ring. It is all figured into that one $50.00 USD charge.

Can you check with other jewelers in your area to get a better price maybe?:confused:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
;)2Yes it does as they will have to rhodium plate that area when they are done resizing the ring. My local jeweler does not charge separate for the sizing and the rhodium plating that needs to be done once they are finished with resizing the ring. It is all figured into that one $50.00 USD charge.

Can you check with other jewelers in your area to get a better price maybe?:confused:
There aren't many around here lol. I think I might have to if Tianyu won't play ball though :(

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
There aren't many around here lol. I think I might have to if Tianyu won't play ball though :(

I'm so sorry hun!:cry2: I wish that I had an easy answer for you but I understand. Maybe you can find one at least that will do if for less than $70.00 USD as I agree that is a little steep in price:confused2: for something that has to be done anyway at the time of resizing either up or down..

:pray:Sending hugs across the miles in hopes that it all works out for the least amount of monies and worries!=)2

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock

Can’t you just go get money for the scrap from the old setting? Maybe the jeweler that you’re working with will take the old setting on trade to reset the stone in the new setting? Doesn’t hurt to ask! I agree it would be a big hassle to mail the old one back, especially if you have to pay for the shipping both ways. I’d try to figure out a way to get the new setting and have the stone reset in it without having to come out of pocket for any of it.

I know it’s all got to be so frustrating for you, but them sending you a brand new setting free of charge without you sending the old one back is pretty accommodating IMO.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can’t you just go get money for the scrap from the old setting? Maybe the jeweler that you’re working with will take the old setting on trade to reset the stone in the new setting? Doesn’t hurt to ask! I agree it would be a big hassle to mail the old one back, especially if you have to pay for the shipping both ways. I’d try to figure out a way to get the new setting and have the stone reset in it without having to come out of pocket for any of it.

I know it’s all got to be so frustrating for you, but them sending you a brand new setting free of charge without you sending the old one back is pretty accommodating IMO.
I will check with him, and look around for another jeweller as well.

TBH I don't mind sending the old setting back, but I don't want to pay the shipping. I don't find it that accommodating because it should have been done right in the first place, or made right at THEIR cost, not mine.
I'm just grumpy about the whole thing lol. I will wait to hear back from Ella. Thank you for your advice!!

Tanukiko

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone! I’m new to this post but have loved reading all your advice and experiences with Tianyu.

I just got a 7x7 g/h or f/g (not sure) ACC from Tianyu and had it set in this platinum Tacori setting. I was satisfied with the cut but after reading some of your comments I wonder if I should have been pickier. what do you all think?

I had the same delays as some of you with shipping due to the recent holidays in china. Here is my finished ring. The stone is very white in person but photographs a bit yellow I think.

058B83A8-45C8-4245-BC76-7C7A1CB14A7B.jpeg 4ABB7D4A-8B75-45C3-858F-CBA5CBBCAB72.jpeg

I am thinking of having a ring made inspired by this:

4838BAB7-BA44-401F-A57C-76AC74184DA2.jpeg 00AAFE67-28E1-4FAB-84E5-5FA4AEE0F0C8.jpeg
But now I’m wondering if I shouldn’t use SG instead. I am planning to do OEC side stones instead of the RBs in the inspo. What’s the smallest OEC Tianyu can make does anyone know?

Do you ladies think Tianyu will be able to make the halo basket with very small mellee like in the inspo? I’m okay with RB melee.

I was originally thinking of doing something with French Cuts but after reading your reviews I’m not sure if I would like them. Wonder if anyone has gotten French cuts from SG instead? I’ll have to go check out the SG post too.

Last edited:

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone! I’m new to this post but have loved reading all your advice and experiences with Tianyu.

I just got a 7x7 g/h or f/g (not sure) ACC from Tianyu and had it set in this platinum Tacori setting. I was satisfied with the cut but after reading some of your comments I wonder if I should have been pickier. what do you all think?

I had the same delays as some of you with shipping due to the recent holidays in china. Here is my finished ring. The stone is very white in person but photographs a bit yellow I think.

058B83A8-45C8-4245-BC76-7C7A1CB14A7B.jpeg 4ABB7D4A-8B75-45C3-858F-CBA5CBBCAB72.jpeg

4838BAB7-BA44-401F-A57C-76AC74184DA2.jpeg 00AAFE67-28E1-4FAB-84E5-5FA4AEE0F0C8.jpeg
But now I’m wondering if I shouldn’t use SG instead. I am planning to do OEC side stones instead of the RBs in the inspo. What’s the smallest OEC Tianyu can make does anyone know?

Do you ladies think Tianyu will be able to make the halo basket with very small mellee like in the inspo? I’m okay with RB melee.

I was originally thinking of doing something with French Cuts but after reading your reviews I’m not sure if I would like them. Wonder if anyone has gotten French cuts from SG instead? I’ll have to go check out the SG post too.
It looks lovely! Why are you thinking SG instead, out of curiosity?

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know if Tianyu will cast in 10k? I’ve heard the durability tends to be better for 10k, plus it’d be nice to save a little! Thanks.

Tanukiko

Rough_Rock
It looks lovely! Why are you thinking SG instead, out of curiosity?

I thought I read that some like the SG OEC cuts more than Tianyu’s (and I would be doing OEC center and sides) and also some of the communication issues people seem to have with custom orders with Tianyu.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I think your sting and ring are beautiful!!! I can’t address your other questions as I’ve o oh purchased one stone.

I really want a cushion set in a yellow gold soliatre to match my plain yellow gold half dined wedding ring. Seeing your ACC makes me want one even more!!!

Tanukiko

Rough_Rock
Here’s another (hopefully better) shot of the Tianyu ACC 7x7 g/h color in a stack with my original plain wide wedding band. My band is 18kwg and the plating has pretty much worn off so it’s a bit warm. You can see that the ACC is pretty white. That’s pretty much what it looks like IRL. I have a video but will need to upload it. The video (with my phone flashlight) really shows the petals perfectly. I’ll try to upload tomorrow.
EA301A24-FDB8-4C2F-9A68-F5C3F131F47B.jpeg

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I thought I read that some like the SG OEC cuts more than Tianyu’s (and I would be doing OEC center and sides) and also some of the communication issues people seem to have with custom orders with Tianyu.

They both can do good OEC. Seen happy customers from both. My first OEC was from SG, even though the cut was beautiful, the grey center was too noticable for me and it didn't look that lively for my liking. My 2nd one was from Tianyu, it was sparkly, but I didn't like the facets in the middle as much. My 3rd and my absolute favorite is from Tianyu again. Had to write out and showed tons of pictures of exactly what I wanted. I'm sure any of them can do good OEC for you though, just have to be really clear of what you want

Tanukiko

Rough_Rock
I think your sting and ring are beautiful!!! I can’t address your other questions as I’ve o oh purchased one stone.

I really want a cushion set in a yellow gold soliatre to match my plain yellow gold half dined wedding ring. Seeing your ACC makes me want one even more!!!

Thank you! Ooh yes you should get that solitaire!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Ooh yes you should get that solitaire!

Don’t tempt me! I was thinking about it all night. :) I may go elongated but your beautiful stone is really making me think otherwise. And my husband will say, “Another ring?” And I’ll just smile.

And yikes to all of the typos in my post. I should read before I hit submit! :oops2:

Tanukiko

Rough_Rock
Don’t tempt me! I was thinking about it all night. :) I may go elongated but your beautiful stone is really making me think otherwise. And my husband will say, “Another ring?” And I’ll just smile.

And yikes to all of the typos in my post. I should read before I hit submit! :oops2:

Either will be amazing but I would go elongated. From the photos I’ve seen on here (especially of Sezzwho’s elongated ACC solitaire) the elongated ACCs look so very diamond like to my eyes.(if that’s important to you). I think Swaye has an elongated ACC with baguettes but I can’t recall if that was from Tianyu or SG.

Last edited:

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Emily already got back with a quote for 7x8 ACC in simple 14kt yellow gold solitaire! I like the slight elongation. My concern is that I typically prefer smaller stones but something about the decent size ACC speaks to me.

Tanukiko

Rough_Rock
Emily already got back with a quote for 7x8 ACC in simple 14kt yellow gold solitaire! I like the slight elongation. My concern is that I typically prefer smaller stones but something about the decent size ACC speaks to me.

What about doing an 8x6ish elongated Stone? That way it’s a bit smaller but the proportions still give you the elongated look.

Tanukiko

Rough_Rock
Here is a link to the video of the Tianyu 7x7 g/h ACC. I think its neat how clearly you can see the petals. Forgive the fact I filmed this vertically vs horizontally. I know its a little small.

steveholt

Rough_Rock
6E5B84C1-B9EC-4D13-8910-9DAC4DEE1A31.jpeg 6EC3C61E-3632-4F19-8EC6-4AE1C03987A9.jpeg 90741C86-CBDE-498C-BF90-57F44D1BA57D.jpeg

Hi all! I’m back to share finished pics of my ring with the stones from Tianyu - I am over the moon excited and can’t wait for it to arrive. It’s being overnighted, but I think tomorrow, which means I’ll have it Friday. (OMG, is it Friday yet?!!)

Ordered the stones from Tianyu, they’re all RB, D-E-F color. I had the ring made by David Klass based on a ring he posted on his IG acct (but I wanted a five-stone, not an eternity). It’s platinum, size 7, and the stones are graduated: 6mm center, 5mm then 4mm at the sides. I love the eternity look but I can’t stand wearing an eternity band, I’ve tried in the past. Worth noting that when he received the stones he said they were beautiful, and that he’s receiving their stones at least once a week now, has been impressed so far with the quality.

Thank you all for this thread, and for your help in placing my initial order for these stones. It was an effortlessly easy transaction, and I’m so excited to finally see the stones set in the new ring!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
6E5B84C1-B9EC-4D13-8910-9DAC4DEE1A31.jpeg 6EC3C61E-3632-4F19-8EC6-4AE1C03987A9.jpeg 90741C86-CBDE-498C-BF90-57F44D1BA57D.jpeg

Hi all! I’m back to share finished pics of my ring with the stones from Tianyu - I am over the moon excited and can’t wait for it to arrive. It’s being overnighted, but I think tomorrow, which means I’ll have it Friday. (OMG, is it Friday yet?!!)

Ordered the stones from Tianyu, they’re all RB, D-E-F color. I had the ring made by David Klass based on a ring he posted on his IG acct (but I wanted a five-stone, not an eternity). It’s platinum, size 7, and the stones are graduated: 6mm center, 5mm then 4mm at the sides. I love the eternity look but I can’t stand wearing an eternity band, I’ve tried in the past. Worth noting that when he received the stones he said they were beautiful, and that he’s receiving their stones at least once a week now, has been impressed so far with the quality.

Thank you all for this thread, and for your help in placing my initial order for these stones. It was an effortlessly easy transaction, and I’m so excited to finally see the stones set in the new ring!

At first, I thought you said the ring was by Tianyu and my jaw dropped--it's gorgeous! Then I read on and you said it was by David Klass and I was like "Oh, of course." :mrgreen2: It is beautiful! Sounds like DK should set up a supply chain with Tianyu...

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Easy fix. That is one of the best-looking tiffany replicas I've seen- that is a super macro pic!
26e3372b-6391-410d-b5c9-6405a7c87f51-jpeg.646259

Dude... that looks EXACTLY like my Jovyn (only mine is 9.8 mm). I've been following this thread, and I'm very tempted to order from this company!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the closest I've ever seen Caysie's soli copied! OMG! The only big difference I see are the prongs...

CVB Soli Stack_1.jpg
CVB Soli Blue Capsules 5.jpg CVB Soli Blue Capsules 7.jpg CVB Soli Cefdinir.jpg

Attachments

• CVB Soli Blue Capsules 6.jpg
    CVB Soli Blue Capsules 6.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 18

Bfelix

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That's the closest I've ever seen Caysie's soli copied! OMG! The only big difference I see are the prongs...

CVB Soli Stack_1.jpg
CVB Soli Blue Capsules 5.jpg CVB Soli Blue Capsules 7.jpg CVB Soli Cefdinir.jpg
This is gorgeous! Stats please on the stone and on the setting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results