shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying from CeylonSapphireGems: An expensive mistake

voce

Ideal_Rock
Except the screenshot clearly shows the client who gave him the $2500 did so because and I quote, "At least it will stop her complaining and making trouble." :angryfire:

:angryfire:
Oh my goodness I'm totally incensed on your behalf with the client who's covering for the vendor's clear lack of professionalism. His account really should be reported and be banned from Instagram. Fraud is what this is. I hope you do get your money back, because we will make more trouble for him if he doesn't pay.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
Welp, this was not the update I was hoping for.

Last time I posted, CeylonSapphireGems “promised” to have the money transfer done this past Monday.

Monday came and went. No money to be seen, not even a confirmation that a transfer had been initiated.

On Tuesday, I literally begged him to just use his black market exchange agent and put an end to this.

He responded by insisting to have other clients pay me instead. Once again, he claimed he is not purposely trying to withhold money from me and Spring Day. And then, he sent me a screenshot of him getting the remaining $2500 to "me" (because they thought they were giving the money to the person posting) as "proof."

Except the screenshot clearly shows the client who gave him the $2500 did so because and I quote, "At least it will stop her complaining and making trouble." :angryfire:

Seeing as how I continued to post about my experience before the vendor let the cat out of the bag, I doubt I’ll ever get my refund now.

So to summarize, I am out the thousands of dollars I sent him in the first place, plus hundreds more on custom fees and return shipping. I also have my banking info, personal email, phone number, and home address sent to folks from all over the world. And I don't even have a stone to show for it!

I guess all I can do for now is continue to check my bank account every day to see if money suddenly appears. But it's looking pretty bleak at this point.

This thread not only makes me so upset about how you all have been treated, but is also an eye opener for me. When did getting your money back and detailing how you have been treated become complaining! The lies, the spread of your private information to strangers, the delay in getting this resolved!
I hope this ends with you getting your money back. I am glad this post will come up if anyone searches his current instagram handle online. Buyer beware

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
What an awful update! How horrible for you!! I really hope you will eventually get your refund. (That won't make up for the insanity of the situation but it would at least be better than this.)

Awful @AnastasiaBeaverhausen ugh I am SO sorry. This has to be stressful AF. What I don't understand is, based on the screenshot you mention, a client sent $2500. So you didn't get that money?
So who ended up getting the $2500???? Wtf is even happening here? I am so enraged for you.

Oops, sorry for the confusion. I was trying to just focus on what the vendor did.

But essentially, the client who magnanimously gave Spring Day the rest of her money back did so because she thought it would make us "stop...complaining and making trouble". Except the $ all went to Spring Day. So here I am. Still complaining.

Ouch. I’m sorry that bit of info made its way to you @AnastasiaBeaverhausen Sorry because it adds even more frustration on your end.
But then ya know - maybe knowing it might feel a bit…..cleansing of your viewpoint too. If you think about it a certain way.
I still have hope that somehow you won’t be completely out your funds.

This also makes me think of the other times people have said on this forum ‘vendors aren’t your chummy best friends’ to keep their client’s snarky behavior on the down low.

Lol that's exactly how I felt. Like "Oh I guess I'm never going to get my money back now. But HA! I was right. You were lying to me this whole time!"

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, sorry for the confusion. I was trying to just focus on what the vendor did.

But essentially, the client who magnanimously gave Spring Day the rest of her money back did so because she thought it would make us "stop...complaining and making trouble". Except the $ all went to Spring Day. So here I am. Still complaining.

ugh, that's the freaking WORST! So upsetting, particularly since you STILL don't have your freaking $$ back!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrr

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a nightmare situation, so sorry @AnastasiaBeaverhausen :( I would never buy from a vendor on IG that I don't know from a different platform. I know it's not fair to the many reputable IG sellers, but I'm just not comfortable taking the risk with my modest bling budget.

fantapanda

Shiny_Rock
Ugh, I am so sorry this is still not resolved. Do you follow him on IG? If so, have you considered posting in the comments section of his post to warn others of buying from him? Granted it doesn't help to get your refund, but sometimes some situations call for being a bit of a Karen.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I am so sorry this is still not resolved. Do you follow him on IG? If so, have you considered posting in the comments section of his post to warn others of buying from him? Granted it doesn't help to get your refund, but sometimes some situations call for being a bit of a Karen.

Or posting on his IG with a link to this thread without any additional comments? It just seems massively unfair and deceptive on his part.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Not ideal but how much of a loss is it to exchange money via the black market?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welp, this was not the update I was hoping for.

Last time I posted, CeylonSapphireGems “promised” to have the money transfer done this past Monday.

Monday came and went. No money to be seen, not even a confirmation that a transfer had been initiated.

On Tuesday, I literally begged him to just use his black market exchange agent and put an end to this.

He responded by insisting to have other clients pay me instead. Once again, he claimed he is not purposely trying to withhold money from me and Spring Day. And then, he sent me a screenshot of him getting the remaining $2500 to "me" (because they thought they were giving the money to the person posting) as "proof."

Seeing as how I continued to post about my experience before the vendor let the cat out of the bag, I doubt I’ll ever get my refund now.

So to summarize, I am out the thousands of dollars I sent him in the first place, plus hundreds more on custom fees and return shipping. I also have my banking info, personal email, phone number, and home address sent to folks from all over the world. And I don't even have a stone to show for it!

I guess all I can do for now is continue to check my bank account every day to see if money suddenly appears. But it's looking pretty bleak at this point.

Just. Wow. What the actual F.
How are you posting about this so reasonably?
I don't know what I'd be doing but... I'm very confident I wouldn't be posting about it the way you are.
I'm so sorry. Hollow words, I know.
I look forward to karmic retribution - and sending you all the sparkly dust I've got in the hopes that something wonderful comes your way to make up for this.

Or posting on his IG with a link to this thread without any additional comments? It just seems massively unfair and deceptive on his part.
This. So this. Someone please do this. I don't follow him on IG and I'm not about to add to his follower count by requesting to. OMG.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
@AnastasiaBeaverhausen are you ok with me posting it to his IG? and/or to posting it as a comment to every one of his posts? I have no qualms as I think is an awful dishonest vendor who deserves every bit of karma coming his way.

We can try, but he can also delete the comments. :(

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe his account is private as of this point.

ETA And I'm so very sorry for this situation, @AnastasiaBeaverhausen - it's horrific and utterly immoral and unfair. On the other hand, your level headedness re this is an example to all of us who have dropped our bundles over far lesser jewelry issues in the past. Hoping this reaches some sort of equitable resolution.

Last edited:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
The OP to the "Is LT safe?" Thread just posted this. I assume she/he's speaking about you?

If so...what in the actual f is going on???

"It’s up at several groups that the IG seller is telling all of his clients to collect any money owed to them from “the crazy dumb lady on Pricescope” to whom he’s giving people’s real names and bank account info, and he in turn is sharing her name, address, account numbers, and receipts from all her prior sales to ”prove” how much money she has so they can collect from her. I won’t post her name here but hundreds of people know it by now (it was on IG today too). I just want to know I won’t be buying from “her” as it’s all very bizarre. It seems like a pyramid scheme?"

It is late so my cognitive function isn't the best, but are they stating that he's now degrading you and telling people to try to collect money from YOU???

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
The OP to the "Is LT safe?" Thread just posted this. I assume she/he's speaking about you?

If so...what in the actual f is going on???

"It’s up at several groups that the IG seller is telling all of his clients to collect any money owed to them from “the crazy dumb lady on Pricescope” to whom he’s giving people’s real names and bank account info, and he in turn is sharing her name, address, account numbers, and receipts from all her prior sales to ”prove” how much money she has so they can collect from her. I won’t post her name here but hundreds of people know it by now (it was on IG today too). I just want to know I won’t be buying from “her” as it’s all very bizarre. It seems like a pyramid scheme?"

It is late so my cognitive function isn't the best, but are they stating that he's now degrading you and telling people to try to collect money from YOU???

I read the post a few times. I think it may be referring to Lonysis. She bought a lot of sapphire for the rainbow sapphire bracelet project right? I hope I am wrong and no one's info is shared randomly.

I read the post a few times. I think it may be referring to Lonysis. She bought a lot of sapphire for the rainbow sapphire bracelet project right? I hope I am wrong and no one's info is shared randomly.

If it’s her, hope lonysis sees this! The OP on the other thread shared that the seller was calling the member he was referring to horrible names and mocking her appearance etc. I would absolutely want to know if someone was defaming me like that - especially someone I trusted!

though I don’t think it’s lonysis, or if it is, then the seller is straight making up things because I remember her saying that she sent the money because it was easier for the seller to owe her since they had a working relationship.

edit: OP on the other thread clarified and it looks like it might actually be her. He stated he’s using her to clear his debts in less than complimentary language, apparently. I really hope she sees this - would it be against forum rules to tag her?

Last edited:

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone - the brand new poster "Locketed" who started the other thread has a very similar posting style to the now banned "Westofhere" who clearly had a beef with Ionysis. The new thread seems specifically designed to attack her.

I've reported to admin. (And also reported this message so they see it). Trust but verify.

Everyone - the brand new poster "Locketed" who started the other thread has a very similar posting style to the now banned "Westofhere" who clearly had a beef with Ionysis. The new thread seems specifically designed to attack her.

I've reported to admin. (And also reported this message so they see it). Trust but verify.

I would hope that it’s just someone with a beef against the poster and the vendor, not that the vendor is publicly sharing lonysis’s banking info and is mocking her appearance!

I believed the posts hook line and sinker :oops: I was feeling super bad for lonysis. Hopefully it’s just someone with a vendetta and this didn’t actually happen.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
I would hope that it’s just someone with a beef against the poster and the vendor, not that the vendor is publicly sharing lonysis’s banking info and is mocking her appearance!

I believed the posts hook line and sinker :oops: I was feeling super bad for lonysis. Hopefully it’s just someone with a vendetta and this didn’t actually happen.

We come here to share our interesting / passion in colored gems. I hope it gets clear up soon.

Locketed

Rough_Rock
What? ???

the IG seller has told clients that sharing their banking account information with his other clients isn’t risky. Is this true?

joycece

Rough_Rock
Thanks for sharing this, I had followed the vendor on IG was never expecting he would give this kind of experience. Unfollowed and will never buy from him...a gem or jewelry piece should only contain happy memories and vibe. Sorry to hear you have to go through this

Locketed

Rough_Rock
Ok so reading through this thread it looks like he’s not lying and while he doesn’t do do refunds, buyers can get their money back from the PS seller who then uses it as “credit” to but more small stones from him.. That’s somewhat of a relief and much better than anyone being out thousands of dollars.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ok so reading through this thread it looks like he’s not lying and while he doesn’t do do refunds, buyers can get their money back from the PS seller who then uses it as “credit” to but more small stones from him.. That’s somewhat of a relief and much better than anyone being out thousands of dollars.

What? That isn't what anyone reading this thread would take away.
None of this is making any sense.

Wuh.

So lemme get this straight.

Yesterday, I let everyone know that a certain someone, oh to heck with it, it was Ionysis, ok???

So anyways, she thought the $2500 was going to me. But she didn’t do it out of the goodness of her heart. No, she did it to shut me up.

And then just a few hours later, someone creates a new account on PS and immediately posts these outrageous claims. Something about Loupetroop leading them to here and then to IG? I don’t know. It’s late and I’m tired.

Either way, they try to make Ionysis sound like she was unknowingly helping this evil monster that is CSG. But alas! Turns out it was all a misunderstanding. Looks like everything was as Ionysis said, that CSG may not be able to refund $ but “a PS seller” will be there to save the day! No one will be out thousands of dollars in the end!

Yeah, I’ll give you guys 3 guesses as to who REALLY wrote these new posts.

P.S. This is what I sound like when I’ve had enough of someone’s shenanigans.

ETA — tagging @Ionysis because I’m no coward.

Last edited:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wuh.

So lemme get this straight.

Yesterday, I let everyone know that a certain someone, oh to heck with it, it was Ionysis, ok???

So anyways, she thought the $2500 was going to me. But she didn’t do it out of the goodness of her heart. No, she did it to shut me up.

And then just a few hours later, someone creates a new account on PS and immediately posts these outrageous claims. Something about Loupetroop leading them to here and then to IG? I don’t know. It’s late and I’m tired.

Either way, they try to make Ionysis sound like she was unknowingly helping this evil monster that is CSG. But alas! Turns out it was all a misunderstanding. Looks like everything was as Ionysis said, that CSG may not be able to refund $ but “a PS seller” will be there to save the day! No one will be out thousands of dollars in the end!

Yeah, I’ll give you guys 3 guesses as to who REALLY wrote these new posts.

P.S. This is what I sound like when I’ve had enough of someone’s shenanigans.

ETA — tagging @Ionysis because I’m no coward.

I’ve already reported Ionysis to admin and I suggest in light of this you do the same. I’m no fan of hers because of her continual backing of Sri Lankan sellers to the point of aggression. This has to stop. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like this since 2008 when I joined PS. This is a consumer forum not a fan club.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results