shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying from CeylonSapphireGems: An expensive mistake

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sure the admin will be able to deal with this situation.

All I can say is that there is a poster from this thread whose account was deleted who appears to have popped up with a new account on here to continue trolling.

Take from it what you will.

From my side I’ve been a member here since 2015, have posted hundreds of times on these boards and shared most of my personal jewellery collection and many comments on Hangout and other places about myself and my family.

If anyone in their right mind can square that with these kind of allegations about me, there’s not much I can say about the though processes there.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I have no intention of refunding you or anyone else @AnastasiaBeaverhausen. My altruism is fully exhausted.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and I have no intention of refunding you or anyone else @AnastasiaBeaverhausen. My altruism is fully exhausted.

Absolutely no altruism. You were attempting to curry favour with a friend/vendor. Perhaps you should be more honest about that. As you’ve already seen the other thread hopefully you’ll see how completely misguided you’ve been and used by an unscrupulous seller AND if he’s got photographs of you then perhaps it’s time you cut ties with him. Mocking your appearance (if he has done that) is just further proof of what a disgusting animal he is.

I’m sure the admin will be able to deal with this situation.

All I can say is that there is a poster from this thread whose account was deleted who appears to have popped up with a new account on here to continue trolling.

Do you have proof?

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps the admin can confirm, based on IP address I imagine, that the posts from this troll are absolutely nothing to do with me.

Lol altruism? You still gonna go with that?

Face it. You sent the money to shut me and/or SpringDay up. Not to mention to save face, because you've been saying for days how CeylonSapphireGems is trustworthy and you just knew that I'd get my money back.

How do I know that? Because it's what you wrote when you thought no one would find out the truth.

Otherwise, why would you describe what I did as "complaining and making trouble"?

At the time you when wrote that (and yes I have timestamped proof of when things transpired), all I've done by that time was post my thread. Oh, and I had talked a bit about my situation on @cheegg's thread prior to that. The only time I addressed you on cheegg's was the first time I ever mentioned CeylonSapphireGems. Even then, all I said was oh I wish CSG had told me there really is no such refunds in his country before I shipped the stone back. Link to that post here btw.

Meanwhile, SpringDay's had made a few posts about her experience before she had to bow out of the conversation. Nothing rude other than to ask why did you specifically mentioned "Asian countries" but not other countries in an earlier post you made.

Again, what complaining and trouble making did either one of us do??? ETA: You had asked the vendor how much he owed "that woman" and then you offered to send the remaining $2500 to shut us up. I hadn't posted anything more about CSG until hours after the money arrived in SpringDay's account. I guess someone like you could construe SpringDay's posts as trouble-making.

So stop twisting things to fit your own narrative. SpringDays posts aren't about you. My thread isn't about you. And Cheegg's thread isn't about you.

Last edited:

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
It’s quite possible @AnastasiaBeaverhausen that I could have transferred money to your account if I had been asked to.

I never was aware, and I still have no idea who you are in real life or what your bank details are.

It is not inconceivable that, at the outset, I would have been moved to try to help you, given your anxiety and understandable distress. But your disgusting and reprehensible comments on here about me mean that even if I could have thought to intervene on your behalf and put myself at risk the way I did previously, and unknowingly, with spring day, I wouldn’t be inclined to repeat that charitable exercise.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Everyone - the brand new poster "Locketed" who started the other thread has a very similar posting style to the now banned "Westofhere" who clearly had a beef with Ionysis. The new thread seems specifically designed to attack her.

I've reported to admin. (And also reported this message so they see it). Trust but verify.

Thank you for this information---it's helpful to know who is who.

@AnastasiaBeaverhausen I am so sorry you are going through this. I can't even imagine how you are feeling. This situation is appalling.

I promised you a lengthier update and here it is!

Let's see -- my last update ended with me getting that damning screenshot this past Tuesday.

About an hour later, CSG sends me another screenshot. This one had with my bank account number and the amount he is willing to refund me typed into an online form of some kind. Does this mean the client I've been waiting on since Sunday, August 8 (hereafter known as "The Dude") was finally going to send me money?? Hooray! Better late than never, right?

Oh wait, never mind! Looks like my banking info doesn't work after all. Hm.

Ok...well, since I knew which country The Dude was remitting funds from, I sent CSG my wire info for a different bank that I know for sure will work. (I know I know, I'm giving him even more private information. But it's sunk-cost at this point).

This was Tuesday evening. I didn't hear from CSG all week. No money from The Dude either. Finally, I message CSG this morning at 6:37AM PST. Our conversation went as follows:

Me: "I suppose I'm not getting my money this week either?"
CSG: "Yes."
Me: "Then when"
CSG: [crickets]

It's now 3:37PM PST. Guess he finally followed through on a promise for once.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I promised you a lengthier update and here it is!

Let's see -- my last update ended with me getting that damning screenshot this past Tuesday.

About an hour later, CSG sends me another screenshot. This one had with my bank account number and the amount he is willing to refund me typed into an online form of some kind. Does this mean the client I've been waiting on since Sunday, August 8 (hereafter known as "The Dude") was finally going to send me money?? Hooray! Better late than never, right?

Oh wait, never mind! Looks like my banking info doesn't work after all. Hm.

Ok...well, since I knew which country The Dude was remitting funds from, I sent CSG my wire info for a different bank that I know for sure will work. (I know I know, I'm giving him even more private information. But it's sunk-cost at this point).

This was Tuesday evening. I didn't hear from CSG all week. No money from The Dude either. Finally, I message CSG this morning at 6:37AM PST. Our conversation went as follows:

Me: "I suppose I'm not getting my money this week either?"
CSG: "Yes."
Me: "Then when"
CSG: [crickets]

It's now 3:37PM PST. Guess he finally followed through on a promise for once.

I would be sending him angry messages hourly. Grrr I hate him!!! Can I post this thread all over his Instagram?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Ummmmm......

I read every single comment on this entire thread and all I have to say is:

please excuse me while I go wipe my jaw off the ground, cuz holy sh*t Batman this is WILD. What the FACK.

SO SO SO SO SORRY @AnastasiaBeaverhausen !!!!! So so so sorry everyone who is involved in this facked up, bullshat nightmare story. How is this even real?!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AnastasiaBeaverhausen I am so sorry for all you have been going through.:(
It’s reprehensible on all levels.
I hope you are made whole.
Sending you bucketloads of good wishes.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At this point, I‘m just hoping you get your money back. This whole story is insane to me. I would never have imagined a seller giving out a customer’s bank account info to a separate/ prospective customer to send funds to. I’m just…what?! :shock: Maybe this is accepted in some countries, I can’t claim to know. But it sure would have been nice to know that a “refund” may be coming in bits and pieces from strangers all over the world…or may not come at all. What a nightmare situation! I’m so sorry to all those involved in this right now. I truly hope you all get your money back and thank you so much for sharing your experience.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
For now I'm just gonna try to enjoy my weekend and get a much rest as I can. Then, I'll think about what I'm going to do next.

Thanks again everyone for your concern and support. I hope y'all have a good weekend, too.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!! You definitely deserve some time off from dealing with everything.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His response this morning is that I'll have it within 2 days...

On the bright side, I refinished my deck and deck furniture these last few days. So at least I accomplished something.
maybe confirm he means earth days?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure I will ever look at a sapphire for sale the same way again.... this thread is beyond comprehension.

@AnastasiaBeaverhausen I hope you get your money back and that your accounts are not compromised. It makes me sick that anyone has to deal with people and situations the likes of which you have been subjected to.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
His response this morning is that I'll have it within 2 days...

On the bright side, I refinished my deck and deck furniture these last few days. So at least I accomplished something.

I’m glad you’ve managed to take your mind off this for a few days. Let’s not hold our breath for 2 days but I really hope this isn’t just another false promise.

fredflintstone

Brilliant_Rock
From what I’ve experienced with another vendor, PayPal is actually restricted in Sri Lanka. The only time I used it, was when I sent money to an American business partner.

I only mention my experience because this vendor has probably said so many misleading and dishonest things that’s hard to keep track…

Little late here in this conversation, but as I wrote before, never use a bank transfer. Always use PayPal.

Every truly dedicated gemstone dealer in Sri Lanka to the west has someone in another country, a relative or good friend who will proxy the Paypal account for them. If they don’t, run! They know how we do business in the west. Thusly you have a record of it. A third-party arbitrator, and a lot more protection. Nothing is full proof, but Paypal is the best way to do business with any country you’re buying from over the internet, including your home country. If the vendor cries about the 4.99% invoice fee, offer to pay that. Make sure you get an invoice to be protected.

I just can't emphasize this more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results