shape
carat
color
clarity

Bored senseless... let's chat about upcoming projects.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 I think your blue zircon is my favorite I've seen, but then again I'm partial to asschers!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 I think your blue zircon is my favorite I've seen, but then again I'm partial to asschers!

Thank you!

I have always wanted one of his Asscher cut windmills, he had blue Zircon roughs that ticked all the boxes in size, clarity, colour and price point.

Gary of Finewater Gems had cut an Asscher in synthetic Sapphire for me (can't afford the real thing in the size, clarity and colour that I wish to have), and I may set it in a similar design, still to be confirmed.

DK :))

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
This was not really a project, more like investigation in progress. Finally collected my emerald ring (GRS Muzo green, with special appendix) on Christmas Eve, then went on holiday without any Jewelry.
32F77481-35F6-453D-A02C-98AA8DC9B630.jpeg 796CD27E-5B0A-4F7B-A361-4B7D287CD3F8.jpeg 363E4735-ECC0-4F9E-B585-75CF2BE41B70.jpeg

Last edited:

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
This was not really a project, more like investigation in progress. Finally collected my emerald ring (GRS Muzo green, with special appendix) on Christmas Eve, then went on holiday without any Jewelry.
32F77481-35F6-453D-A02C-98AA8DC9B630.jpeg 796CD27E-5B0A-4F7B-A361-4B7D287CD3F8.jpeg 363E4735-ECC0-4F9E-B585-75CF2BE41B70.jpeg

Amazing :kiss2:

Wow... wow... WOW!!! I've never wanted to eat a gemstone so badly. I think this is the glowiest emerald I've ever seen. I had no idea I'd love an emerald cab this much. And it's so clean!! You must be head over heels in love... :eek2:

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Like candy - I love this! Really beautify halo as well - something quite different. A real heirloom.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa @Crimson !!!!!!!

I have no words!!!!! Gorgeous

Is your investigation finalized? :lol:
@mellowyellowgirl Thank you! Yes, I placed a deposit to reserve the ring. Then for a few months, I bugged different people in the jewelllery industry to look at the specs and photos of this ring and tell me if the quoted price was a good deal. I even asked several emerald dealers, including a highly respected one. So shameless of me! They all kindly shared their thoughts. Some very frankly told me, “I don’t have one like that and if I could it would be …(shocking amount). The well known dealer asked if I wanted one with no oil and showed me a $1.5 million dollar ring. I asked Jewellers, e.g., Zsusanna of Landolf & Huber in Zurich. She was enthusiastic about the ring. Alexander Laut liked it and asked me to request to have the ring re-tested before buying. So I did and it came back with the same results as in the older GRS cert. After I was satisfied with the investigations, I went to get it! I usually do my homework but not to this extent. In this case, I had to, because of the price. It is a big ring. The emerald itself is over 14 mm by 12 by 9.

@Christinak, thank you

Wow... wow... WOW!!! I've never wanted to eat a gemstone so badly. I think this is the glowiest emerald I've ever seen. I had no idea I'd love an emerald cab this much. And it's so clean!! You must be head over heels in love... :eek2:

@Autumn in New England So glad you like it! I do love emerald cabs. They remind me of the emeralds of long, long ago. Yes, I am pleased that it is so clean and glowy. It does have three – phase inclusions, which I find fascinating.

Like candy - I love this! Really beautify halo as well - something quite different. A real heirloom.
@Ionysis Many thanks! It does look like an heirloom. I still cannot believe it is mine!

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl Thank you! Yes, I placed a deposit to reserve the ring. Then for a few months, I bugged different people in the jewelllery industry to look at the specs and photos of this ring and tell me if the quoted price was a good deal. I even asked several emerald dealers, including a highly respected one. So shameless of me! They all kindly shared their thoughts. Some very frankly told me, “I don’t have one like that and if I could it would be …(shocking amount). The well known dealer asked if I wanted one with no oil and showed me a $1.5 million dollar ring. I asked Jewellers, e.g., Zsusanna of Landolf & Huber in Zurich. She was enthusiastic about the ring. Alexander Laut liked it and asked me to request to have the ring re-tested before buying. So I did and it came back with the same results as in the older GRS cert. After I was satisfied with the investigations, I went to get it! I usually do my homework but not to this extent. In this case, I had to, because of the price. It is a big ring. The emerald itself is over 14 mm by 12 by 9.

I was wondering about that. Surely this is the perfect emerald cab? If not, it's so close it makes no difference. It has just the right mix of transparency and glowiness. It's so clean and uniform, and the colour is perfect. And it's huge...

@Autumn in New England So glad you like it! I do love emerald cabs. They remind me of the emeralds of long, long ago. Yes, I am pleased that it is so clean and glowy. It does have three – phase inclusions, which I find fascinating.

I love emerald cabs too, but ones of this size and quality are way out of my league...

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I was wondering about that. Surely this is the perfect emerald cab? If not, it's so close it makes no difference. It has just the right mix of transparency and glowiness. It's so clean and uniform, and the colour is perfect. And it's huge...

I love emerald cabs too, but ones of this size and quality are way out of my league...

@starstruck Thank you for appreciating the emerald, and the hunt, which was educational for me. After this, I won’t be buying jewellery for quite a while. I went for it because it’s so rare, and I see it as a store of value (a wearable asset, more fun than unit trusts or stocks). I also prefer to have one big piece instead of several smaller ones.

@starstruck Thank you for appreciating the emerald, and the hunt, which was educational for me. After this, I won’t be buying jewellery for quite a while. I went for it because it’s so rare, and I see it as a store of value (a wearable asset, more fun than unit trusts or stocks). I also prefer to have one big piece instead of several smaller ones.

What is the carat weight again, my friend? I feel like this piece is a shoo-in for JOTW!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to update with the finished earrings!

Ta da!!!

DC882C82-1B33-4B86-AE57-F55C4C9F32EC.jpeg D39B2AFE-89E4-473B-A4B4-2D12F8923CA2.jpeg 6269F600-E89F-4164-8180-253B16615792.jpeg

The apatites are so cheap and a bit crappy but the setting is beautifully done and the overall look is rather nice I think.

Aren't those just dazzling!! The apatites look perfectly lovely to me. They're too soft for rings, IMO, but I really like them for earrings. Way cheaper than paraibas, but very similar color!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
They are similar aren’t they. These are actually quite included as well. But they will do - and I blew my budget with the grandidierite so… it is what it is!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Need to resize the ring on the left and got the ring on the right with the ugly turquoise to repurpose but the loose cab I had in mind seems to be a bit too big for the setting so still thinking…

59164CE2-C6EF-48A0-8013-43BFBB6993F8.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is where the party is happening... I want to come to your house! :) I'm absolutely obsessed with those earrings and can't want to see the result. And the ring... CLASSIC.

David finished with the CAD on my "autumn" ring, but I'm holding off for now, as I'm trying to source some FCD accent stones for my heart diamond. My budget is not allowing both at the moment, unfortunately.

Anyway! As you know, the inner halo will be white diamonds and the outer will be a mixture of fall-colored FCDs. The entire ring will be 18k YG and the leaves will alternate between RG and PLAT. It will either be my dream ring for Sep-Nov or a total Frankenstein. lol We shall see! Thanks for asking. :D

thumbnail_DK 86986-QUAD-7.jpg

Oh wow, this is going to be gorgeous! I love how you interspersed diamonds along the shank and how the metal on the shank has wood like texture. I think it’s going to be such a fun and beautiful ring. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results