shape
carat
color
clarity

AT LAST!!! CrookedRock''s Ring!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Crooked - I just got a chance to actually read all your posts (only responded to the gorgeous pics before) and I''m so sorry you didn''t get what you asked for. It''s terrible to hear that someone with so much talent can be so difficult to work with. It used to be a dream of mine to have him make me a ring... now I''m not so sure. I really hope he makes things right for you!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I uh think i''d uh pass out if i EVER seen that in real life. cuz uh i''m dumbfounded at the beauty of the uh masterpiece you uh hae uh on your uh hand....i think i may be drooling....WOW!!!!
emsmilep.gif
CONGRATS!!!!!

jaguarnation

Rough_Rock
Co-sign....

I think I am going to get my attorney to sue you and your FI from the deterioration of my eyesight from looking at it on the PC. Glad my lady doesn''t roll in circles like you! It would take me another three years to save up for that!

Date: 5/28/2008 10:50:17 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Crooked!! You can''t wear that ring!! The sun shining on it will blind random passers-by! Pilots might mistake it for an airport beacon and land their airplanes in your lawn! If you go out at night ships will mistake your ring for a lighthouse!! The thing is a safety hazard!!

A beautiful, sparkly, stunning safety hazard!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So....I couldn't respond to this thread earlier due to the fact that I fell off my chair and broke several bones when I opened it and saw the stunning pics. I've just gotten used to tottering around with my crutches, so please forgive me.

Seriously, though...I don't know how I missed this one. CrookedRock, CONGRATS!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It is a beautiful ring and you wear it well. Simply gorgeous.

ETA: I skipped a few pages but am sorry to hear there have been some issues. I've just gotten the splints off my fingers which were also broken during my fall, you see. Will have to read the rest later, I'm so intrigued. Plus I want to drool over the pics again. Hee hee.

AggieTexan

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 8:31:57 AM
Author: CrookedRock

Aggie~ LOL Thanks so much! Unfortunately the man turns away business, he''s that good. I just wish the experience had been better bc I already had my heart set on earrings and my wedding band from him. Not to mention I''m only 25, so there are plenty more pieces in my future...
I hear what you''re saying...but a condescending attitude just drives me crazy!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I will start off with saying again CR your ring is seriously TDF

I am gobsmacked to hear of your experience I can''t believe someone would stuff something up and then yell at the customer that is just not good business practice I believe you of course but like I said am completely flummoxed. Hearing stuff like that makes me a little worried, FF is shortly emailing Leon about a custom job in the next couple of days and he is worried hearing stuff like this makes me a little apprehensive.

Ellen your ring turned out stunning as well but I would love to hear that review.
5.gif

Futuremrss

Shiny_Rock
My biggest concern with it not being able to be sized is that should you ever sell that bad boy to me, I would not be able to wear it.
41.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crooked, back AGAIN to say how much I LOVE YOUR RING.

Perfection, magnificence, amazingness.

Enjoy it in health and happiness!

justme1

Shiny_Rock
Where the heck have I been to miss this thread ????
CR it is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

likeit.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my heavens, it turned out spectacular! I am so happy for you!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Delster~ Unfortunately there isn''t enough room in the ring to put the insert n now. It was made to be a 5 and it is. I think you are totally correct that he is legally wrong. I do think I could pursue t and win, and at the same time I hightly doubt if he was forced to remake the ring he would put as much love into it...

Lesco~ I don''t mean to scare you away from him bc my ring is gorgeous. Like I said though, theis needed to be shared. If you are doing something simple or something he has done before, I don''t think you have much to worry about.
I am shocked though to hear you had a problem with Mark. We absolutely adored him and rave to everyone how helpful and patient he was with us. Very sorry to hear that.

ringster~ The yelling thing was what originally put me over the edge too. I was so far out of line I can''t even tell you. My respect for him flew out the window when that happened.

Didiamond~ Thank you so much. I hate that this thread is turning a lil negative, bc he really did make me a gorgeous ring. I can not even count how many people comment on it during a day. Oh, and I am in Palm Beach, where are you??

Redrose~ LOL! Thanks a bunch. I am loving it, it is really a dream ring for me and I am still coming to terms with the fact that''s it''s mine.

Jaguarnation~ Hysterical! i have to say though, that I roll in very normal circles. Nothing snazzy about me, serously. Just like pretty diamonds!

Monarch~LOL! Thanks so much! There are a few issuses but at the end of the day it really is gorgeous.

Aggie~ I 100% agree.

Deelight~ Thanks! Don''t be scared, I just want to give people a fore warning, it''s only fair. That''s what PS is all about right...

FutureMrsS~ Too funny...

Diamondfan~ Thank you again!

Justme1~ Glad you found it! Thanks!

Kellyfish~ Thanks, I really am still on cloud 9!

beachbunny20

Rough_Rock
i''m absolutely speechless...

well maybe not. lol. but now i definitely need to go take some better pictures of mine, because yours is just unfairly beautiful. congratulations though! ;-)

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Definitely CR and thanks for sharing your experiences good and bad it does give people an opportunity to weigh the pro''s and con''s of working with someone, I have warned the FF about his temperament so he is fair warned :).

I am definitely not surprised that you get compliments on your ring daily it is stunning
1.gif

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
I had to come back a take another slobbering look at your absolute BEAUTY of a ring! Again, TDF!!!!!!!!!
18.gif

You''re not so so far away from me. I''m down here in Miami (Pinecrest area). It''s nice to see another Sunshine Stater here!
9.gif

marian

Rough_Rock
wow. that is stunning !!!!!!!! congratulations

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
The design is called... "SCOTT!!!"

Now you all must admit Leon has a sense of humor... that name made me laugh and laugh and laugh. No offense, but there are two sides to every story and Leon has not come on PS to defend himself.

I think maybe he has gotten the last laugh...

It is a magnificent one of a kind ring that should be enjoyed for a lifetime.

Cheers!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi CrookedRock,

Your engagement ring is just gorgeous!!
It is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen!
36.gif
36.gif

Wear it in happiness and good health and congratulations on your engagement!!

Best wishes,
Missy

DiamondGirly

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 9:59:32 PM
Author: Green with Envy
The design is called... ''SCOTT!!!''

Now you all must admit Leon has a sense of humor... that name made me laugh and laugh and laugh. No offense, but there are two sides to every story and Leon has not come on PS to defend himself.

Cheers!!!

Very true. He doesn''t post on here does he? I''m sure he might recite a different version of things.

Oh well. It''s a nice ring and at the end of the day that''s what matters most.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I asked Leon ages ago and he said he does not read or post on PS.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
His time is more efficiently spent designing or on the bench.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2008 9:59:32 PM
Author: Green with Envy
The design is called... ''SCOTT!!!''

Cheers!!!

Ha ha ... my dear friend CR will find this amusing. The name Scott is partially appropriate, but not the agreed upon name. I''ll leave it to CR to explain why if she so chooses.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had to come back an look at this gorgeous ring. Every element and detail shows that it is a true piece of art. I am sorry that the ring is missing a small element of detail that pales in comparison to all the other gorgeous details of the ring. Don''t let this small element take away from the true beauty of what this ring is all about. A new beginning for a wonderful life together with someone that would not want your ring to overshadow what is important. The Marriage! God Bless and Good luck!
I do hope this little element can be worked out between you and Leon. I would hate to see him start from scratch on making such a beautiful piece of art that I am sure he put his heart and soul into. As one who is not a jeweler, we truly cannot know the countless hours it takes to make a piece like this and all the details that goes into it. I can''t imagine hand setting over 400 melee diamonds.
3.gif
I say this as one who has not purchased from Leon, but am in envy of those who have. I have yet to see any jeweler do what Leon does. Thanks for getting your story out.... I will make sure to keep my lines of communication open with Leon if I am lucky enough to have a piece made by him.

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
wow! That''s a magnificent ring!! Congrats!
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cushioncutnut,
Well said! If you do work with Leon, just make sure that what you want is in the final contract. Many details are discussed during a consultation and Leon may not be able to remember them all.

mrs jam

Brilliant_Rock
Your cushion and setting are so beautiful! I really love your ring. As far as the situation with Leon, a very good girlfriend of mine is having MAJOR problems with his customer service. He made her a pave e-ring setting just under a year ago, and she has had melee around the center stone and shank fall out SEVEN times. Each time, they spent the $$ to have the ring shipped back to Leon for him to repair. The last time she got it back, a diamond fell out literally the next week. Apparently Leon told her that she was too hard on her jewelry, which is laughable because this girl babies her ring and is not wearing it half the time I see her.

This last time she finally took it in to a jeweler here (Houston) and was told that there was not enough metal used in the bead prong thingies. So now the ring basically sits in her jewelry box. Her fiance is sick over it because he feels like he bought her a defective ring. I feel bad too because I am the one who showed them Leon''s website when they were looking for ring ideas.

I''m sorry to hear you got yelled at by him. If it makes you feel any better, you''re not the only customer he''s yelled at. My friend told me that the last time they spoke, she got so angry she started to cry and then finally lost it with him and called him a "very bad word." She didn''t tell me what it was, but it sounds like he deserved it. If the shoe fits..

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/20/2008 11:45:54 PM
Author: Harriet
Cushioncutnut,
Well said! If you do work with Leon, just make sure that what you want is in the final contract. Many details are discussed during a consultation and Leon may not be able to remember them all.
Thank you! I am sure I will go into this with my eyes wide open. No one wants thier dream ring or ering to have sour feelings and countless problems along the way.

Mrs. Jam- I am so sorry to hear of your friends ring problems... I currently have a ring that has micro-pave and I have learned that MANY rings with "microo pave" have had problems due to the itsy-bitsy metal amount that is around the little melee diamonds. I had one diamond fall out of my setting and while the jeweler was fixing it, several diamonds had fallen out. It was like a dominoe effect! YIKES! I have to admit.... I don''t wear the ring often, but when I do wear it, I am constantly looking at it to see if a diamond (or more) has fallen out.
6.gif
So far ...the jeweler has fixed it to where I haven''t had a problem for almost a year.... but honestly, knowing what I know now about micro pave....(as beautiful as it is) I think I will stay away from it. I know that doesn''t give your friend a good answer to her dilema... but it may make others think twice about doing micro pave whether Leon or whomever does the ring. I know others have had problems too..and they were not made by Leon. It can happen with anyone ..... I do hope that it can be worked out with Leon and your friend... even if he has to add more metal to the pave......

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 6:40:29 PM
Author: mrs jam
Your cushion and setting are so beautiful! I really love your ring. As far as the situation with Leon, a very good girlfriend of mine is having MAJOR problems with his customer service. He made her a pave e-ring setting just under a year ago, and she has had melee around the center stone and shank fall out SEVEN times. Each time, they spent the $$ to have the ring shipped back to Leon for him to repair. The last time she got it back, a diamond fell out literally the next week. Apparently Leon told her that she was too hard on her jewelry, which is laughable because this girl babies her ring and is not wearing it half the time I see her.

This last time she finally took it in to a jeweler here (Houston) and was told that there was not enough metal used in the bead prong thingies. So now the ring basically sits in her jewelry box. Her fiance is sick over it because he feels like he bought her a defective ring. I feel bad too because I am the one who showed them Leon''s website when they were looking for ring ideas.

I''m sorry to hear you got yelled at by him. If it makes you feel any better, you''re not the only customer he''s yelled at. My friend told me that the last time they spoke, she got so angry she started to cry and then finally lost it with him and called him a ''very bad word.'' She didn''t tell me what it was, but it sounds like he deserved it. If the shoe fits..

That''s all very strange. It seems like every other day I read comments from people who had run ins with this guy over workmanship and he gets angry, no? Not really worth the hassle when there are so many gifted artisans out there willing to go the extra mile without giving the customer a headache. Your friend should make an appointment with Brian Gavin over at WF. Their office is on Richmond Avenue, near Hillcroft. If there is anything that can be done to save her ring, the WF people can do it. I know of one guy over there who is every bit as talented an artisan as Leon Mege. I would name him, but he keeps his name out of the public. His work is incredible and I bet she would be really happy. Since she is lucky enough to live right here in Houston, it''s probably worth getting them to look at it. Keep us posted.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 5:22:02 PM
Author: CrookedRock
SDL~ I love you, and now I love your hubby!!! You know when they like jewlery, it must be pretty good!

Gemgirl~ I just had to catch my breath! Wow, there are so many pretties here, thank you so so so much!!

Isabelle~ I posted the story in the LIW board. Short recap... we were in Nantucket for my BDay and he proposed on an old classic wooden sailboat that he chartered out!

I have looked and looked and I can''t find a crookedrock anywhere!
2.gif

Oct08Bride~ I hear ya, I really lucked out on both! Thank you! Lurking for years! OMG... I bet you have seen a ton... very big compliment!
26.gif

Diamondfan~ He knows he did good. He''s so proud, it''s really cute... I would be happy to leave it with you for a min so long as it''s a trade for one of yours...
31.gif

Littlemissbliss~ More pics are coming, I promise! All I want to do is take pics! And I can guarantee you it is a ring beyond my dreams too! Thank you!

Frances~ hehe.. Thanks!!

Gwen~ Hey you! You are too cute! I''m still thinking about that MWM, Leon mix that you were thinking of!

LitChick~ LOL That was exactly what my Mom said when she saw the pics. Actually I think that was what I said when he first gave it to me! LOL

Thanks Ellen & Cachette!

Thanks Harriet! I heard all about your gorgeous ring! I hope I can get up there soon for a NYC gtg, I think it would be a blast!

Ninama~ Baahhhh! Important, I love it... If only you knew me, I''m such a mess! Kinda funny actually!

Mercoledi~ Wow, works for me! Thanks!

Freke~ We both are in shock then. Ering on left hand W-band on right is the plan for now. But due to recent happenings with Leon, I really haven''t put any thought into it yet... The eternity band idea came bc I wanted to get something I could wear to travel or boat in, so I went and looked a fakes... Bad I know! BUt I figured I wanted something I didn''t have to worry about... I showed pics of it to the FI and he loved it... so we''ll discuss it further. I would love a cushion eternity but I would hate to have to find that many of these things! LOL What do you think I should do... I love bling!

ahappygirl~ awww, that is so sweet, thank you!

Jules~ Thanks! I have been meaning to ask you about your kitty... Is he/she a bengal or savannah? I have both and yours looks just like the bengal! Gorgeous!

IceT~ Thanx! WOW!

Bia~
emembarrassed.gif
Thank you so much! I''m feeling like I hit the FI lottery! LOL

Delster~ I love that pic too... I have a bunch of those. Seriously the fire coming off it was amazing! I had to keep snapping pics! Thanks girlie!

Maggie~ No lies... I look at it a lot!

Swingirl~ I was so worried tht all these details put together were going to be too much, but he really nailed it! The claws are sooo tiny, most don''t even notice them. But I know they are there, and I love them! Thanks so much!!

Gwyn~~ Hysterical!! Go with the argument that you know how to buy these things for much cheaper than most. hehe
31.gif
9.gif
I love your tactic! I did the same with the 3+ct thread!

Legacy~ We have to get our cushions together for a halo play date! We are may be the only Floridians around! At least close enough! I will be sure to let you know if I get over to your area!

I''m not sure which thread you are talking about... Can you link it?

ML~ I think my fav is the ''W'' too, espicially bc it''s my future initial!!! I wish everyonecould see the pave in person, it really is amazing!

Legacy~ IT FEELS PERFECT!

Dreamgirl~ Thanx!!!

Littlemiss & Lill~ Ummm, I am trying... The hardest thing is trying to carry on a convo, no one wants to look at ME!

Jenn~ I really really love that little face guy! Thanx a ton!!

Love in Bloom~ Thanx! I had to take it off to type bc it was distracting me!! LOL. I am really am thrilled!

Rachie~ I don''t think i have ever seen pics of yours! Do you have a thread, please tell me you do! It looks amazing!!! Beyond! So you know what I am talking about with the ''plane light'' I love it!

Ifellinlove~ 1 post! Did you come out of lurkerdom for me? JK! Welcome and thanx!

ShannonM~ OMG, another Floridian! I tried so hard not to build it up too much, but it was tough! I was sooooo excited about what I had imagined I had created, then I saw it and my expectations were even surpassed!!

akmiss~ LOL, some suggested that when we bought the stone! Who was that? hmmm...

Thanks!!

Kayak~ LMAO! Thanks a bunch!

Ayala~ I like your fancy words! Now what do they mean??? LOL

DS~ Sparkly is exactly what it is!! Thanks so much!!

I''m late replying to this, but I LOVE Nantucket. I have family in Newport and in fact we are going to be there for three weeks in July. My DH and I were just talking about taking an overnighter to Nantucket. Well your ring is beautiful. I still haven''t gotten to the part of the thread about your run in with the designer. --Still reading... :) BTW, I bet you stop traffic with that beauty.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2008 12:30:37 PM
Author: ringster
Date: 6/13/2008 8:23:12 AM

Author: Ellen

Ringster, for the record, I tried Quest first, that went very badly also, through no fault of my own. My point is, it can happen anywhere. But it all needs to be posted, the good, the bad, and the ugly. That way, people have a heads up on a vendor, and don''t go in with too high of expectations, and/or think of them unrealistically due to lack of info.

oh yes, i heartily agree with you ellen. i''m not sure how Quest handled the issues that came up with you but the issue that i had with LM is his inappropriate way of dealing with issues. i personally hadn''t even started any project but was just talking to him and it was completely innapropriate -- i couldn''t imagine if i had went ahead with a project and had any problems. hearing CR say that he yelled at her is just wrong.

Yeah, this is an understatement. Any designer lucky enough to have a customer buy a $10K setting and then also a 4.00 carat diamond to go into it ought to treat that customer like a Queen. Leon Mege might have great talent, but there is an element of customer service that is clearly missing. He ought to invest in some S/A''s to interface with customers so that he won''t forget to do things that matter, and then go postal on the customer who gets rightfully angry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results