Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 11:10:31 AM
Author: Isabelle

Date: 7/3/2008 10:28:23 AM
Author: Harriet

Date: 7/3/2008 10:13:59 AM
And in fact, all those complaints about the 5 star reviews skewing the 'business model' of LM's reviews are sophistry: the only reason the ring got a low review to begin with is due to jealous girls going on there and low balling it out of envy.
Is an argument ad hominem sophistry? I made the 'business purpose' argument. I am neither jealous of CrookedRock's ring, nor do I have reason to be.
I think my post makes clear that the 'jealous girls' I referred to are the ones who made an extra effort to log on to LM's website and give CR's gorgeous ring a lowball rating. No doubt you are not one of the ones who did that, so I can't really see how this connects to you at all. Maybe I am missing something. But in any case, the fact is that there was clearly some strange coordinated effort to lowball her ring. It received well over 100 ratings which seems a bit odd in itself. Even BEFORE Lostsapphire suggested some people go on there to rate her ring more fairly, it had received an inordinately high number of ratings. My observation about what could have motivated the pettiness seems to speak for itself since her ring is magnificent, by any standards.
Because I am the one who originally made the 'business model' argument.

P.S. I'm hungry, so I'll have a slice of pie, please.

togal

Shiny_Rock
oi vei...

..oh yes, the ring....

It's absolutely stunning.....stunning!! One of the most beautfiul I've ever seen, here on PS or anywhere else. Congratulations.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 11:55:42 AM
Author: gemgirl

Date: 7/3/2008 11:36:26 AM
Author: LostSapphire
Pie anyone?

I''m serving pecan.

Only if you have some fresh whipped cream to go along with it!
1263732qjo53yeqzf.gif

I AM ALL FOR PIE! AND WHIPPED CREAM TOO.

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 8:06:58 AM
Author: Pandora II

Date: 7/2/2008 9:41:41 PM
Author: lesco

Crooked... Hi there! I just wanted to say I so want to be you. You have one of the most talked about rings in the history of PS and with reason. The ring is original, amazingly executed and perfect for you. Having that gorgeous stone to boot is not bad either.

I am glad that you were able to reach a compromise with LM regarding the sizing. Also, to me, it is a form of flattery that your ring was put on his site. I don't really think he would put it up there to make a mockery out of it. Just my humble opinion. However, your pics are better than his.... hahaha.

I think that people show support in different ways and those ways should be respected by all. I can see why some people might think is unnecessary to go to friggin' LM's site to vote for it. On the other hand, I think is kinda cute that people want to boost the rating to where it should be.
My rating on a scale of 1 to 10 uhh let's see what about..... 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
emsmilep.gif

At the end of the day, what matters is that YOU HAVE A SPECTACULAR ring, which shows the amount of work and effort that was put into it by you and your FI. That is what makes it very special. Enjoy it in good health and happiness.

... Please show off some new pics of that beauty when you have a chance for those who live vicariously through you....
Sorry, but why should I respect anyone who wanted to fake statistics?

It makes a mockery of the whole thing and is pathetic behaviour. I'm sure CR would be much happier if her ring was voted high (not that she needs to care at all - she and her FI like it and that is ALL that really matters) because people really thought that and not because a lot of frankly immature people decided to go and bump something up.

Personally I would be insulted if someone did that to my ring. Taste is taste and not everyone cares for the same thing.

Also describing LM in those terms that you just used is very offensive.
Pandora I know we are all eating pie but I don't think I used any disrespectful words when I referred to Leon on my prior post. What is more, I have met with him twice and he was actually commisioned to do my ring.

I honestly don't understand why everyone is getting all worked up about this. Bottom line, Crooked Rock has an amazing ring. Period. End of story.

With that said... Pie and new pics Crooked Rock!!!! Please !!!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lesco said:

I honestly don't understand why everyone is getting all worked up about this. Bottom line, Crooked Rock has an amazing ring. Period. End of story.
Exactly.

I believe SMTR should be all about sharing each other's joy. It shouldn't be turned into a pi$$ing war.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 12:18:28 PM

And in fact, all those complaints about the 5 star reviews skewing the ''business model'' of LM''s reviews are sophistry: the only reason the ring got a low review to begin with is due to jealous girls going on there and low balling it out of envy.
Is an argument ad hominem sophistry? I made the ''business purpose'' argument. I am neither jealous of CrookedRock''s ring, nor do I have reason to be.
I think my post makes clear that the ''jealous girls'' I referred to are the ones who made an extra effort to log on to LM''s website and give CR''s gorgeous ring a lowball rating. No doubt you are not one of the ones who did that, so I can''t really see how this connects to you at all. Maybe I am missing something. But in any case, the fact is that there was clearly some strange coordinated effort to lowball her ring. It received well over 100 ratings which seems a bit odd in itself. Even BEFORE Lostsapphire suggested some people go on there to rate her ring more fairly, it had received an inordinately high number of ratings. My observation about what could have motivated the pettiness seems to speak for itself since her ring is magnificent, by any standards.
Because I am the one who originally made the ''business model'' argument.

P.S. I''m hungry, so I''ll have a slice of pie, please.
Hi Harriet. I''ll join you for pie, but only after I send a special message to IronMikey, Rockhoundz and everyone else who has, rather appallingly decided to post their derogatory opinions on someone else''s ring right smack in the middle of a thread ABOUT her ring. Those of you who feel you are doing a service by "being honest" in insulting this girl''s lovely ring, I would only ask WHY BOTHER joining the discussion when your purpose is simply to tick off the aspects of it that you don''t like? The thinly veiled insults ("Well, some of us prefer quality over carat weight") make you look totally pathetic and beyond jealous. If you weren''t driven by any alterior motives, you would simply skip the thread if her ring didn''t suit you. You wouldn''t bother to weigh in with an insult about it. As someone else said, this is a forum to share people''s joy about receiving a ring *they* LOVE. Not a forum for you to take potshots at it. I reiterate what I wrote earlier and I will highlight it: If her ring wasn''t so gorgeous, so huge, and so beautifully made, none of this would be happening. Like I said earlier, LONG BEFORE Lostsapphire suggested those that love CR''s ring post a high rating on the LM website, there were an inordinately high number of votes on the ring, and it was rated rather negatively. It doesn''t take a rocket scientist to see what the REAL driver behind that is. The facts speak for themselves. And if any of you had an ounce of sense, you would stop posting desperate attempts to justify your insults and just move on. But somehow, I doubt that will happen.

Okay Harriet, back to you. Pass me some of that pie, and give me TWO dollops of whipped cream please! :)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can we please end this thread on CrookedRock''s ring!!! For Pete''s sake let the woman be happy with her beautiful ring. I, for one, thing it is absolutely gorgeous and I would kill for a ring like that.

Oh and rockhoundz: Say hi to Martha Stewartfor us in the Hamptons.
14.gif
38.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the typos, I was typing too fast.
14.gif

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Isabelle,

My comment was directed to YOU. You said that the ring was great by anyone's standards (or something similar) -- that's a ridiculous statement to make. Judging art is totally subjective and I simply pointed out that the ring could be a bit much for some people.

I said that the ring is "fine" (by fine I meant not overdone) -- Wow...how evil of me...how "derogatory." You should find something better to do with your days than reprimand people on here. Get a life.

My quote:

Really? No subjectivity involved?

The design is a bit much for some people -- it's totally nontraditional and some people find that appalling. As long as the wearer likes it who cares but your statement is a bit ridiculous.

I think the ring is fine but to be honest I can see how people won't like it. It's a rather polarizing design and it's probably a love it or hate it. Also didn't someone on this thread say we should all log on and rate it really high? I mean isn't that petty too?

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Isabelle, there are many people who don't care for large rings. That does not make them jealous but a thread devoted to someone's receipt of one is probably not the appropriate form to express that opinion, I will agree there.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 5:00:58 PM
Author: IronMikey
Isabelle,

My comment was directed to YOU. You said that the ring was great by anyone's standards (or something similar) -- that's a ridiculous statement to make. Judging art is totally subjective and I simply pointed out that the ring could be a bit much for some people.

I said that the ring is 'fine' -- Wow...how evil of me. You should find something better to do with your days than repremand people on here. Get a life.

My quote:

The design is a bit much for some people -- it's totally nontraditional and some people find that appalling. As long as the wearer likes it who cares but your statement is a bit ridiculous.

I think the ring is fine but to be honest I can see how people won't like it. It's a rather polarizing design and it's probably a love it or hate it. Also didn't someone on this thread say we should all log on and rate it really high? I mean isn't that petty too?
You know I suspected a long time ago that you are a troll, but the fact that you would sit and wait for me to reply and then as soon as I do REPOST your latest insulting remarks about CR's ring really draws a line under that. Still perusing your law books for a way to sue vendors for "fraud"? Just wondering. Only a loser gets off on insulting other people's jewelry and then suggests that others who take offense need to get a life. PATHETIC.

ETA: You say the ring is "appalling" to some people, say it is "a bit much" and my favorite part, "to be honest, I can see how people won't like it." But then claim that none of this is insulting??! Truly amazing. How, in your alternate universe, is it helpful to publicly critique a ring YOU DON'T OWN??! The insults about the ring were directed *to me*? So in other words, you wanted to let me know you don't agree with my assessment of what is going on here, and if you needed to trash the girl's ring in order to make your point, so be it. Very nice.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 5:03:55 PM
Author: tradergirl
Isabelle, there are many people who don''t care for large rings. That does not make them jealous but a thread devoted to someone''s receipt of one is probably not the appropriate form to express that opinion, I will agree there.
Tradergirl, I agree with you on both counts. :)

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 5:08:00 PM
Date: 7/3/2008 5:00:58 PM

Author: IronMikey

Isabelle,

I said that the ring is 'fine' -- Wow...how evil of me. You should find something better to do with your days than repremand people on here. Get a life.

My quote:

You know I suspected a long time ago that you are a troll, but the fact that you would sit and wait for me to reply and then as soon as I do REPOST your latest insulting remarks about CR's ring really draws a line under that. Still perusing your law books for a way to sue vendors for 'fraud'? Just wondering. Only a loser gets off on insulting other people's jewelry and then suggests that others who take offense need to get a life. PATHETIC.

I really feel sorry for you. Did you actually spend a moment of your day thinking about me (a total stranger)? I mean wow...I'm sorry to hear that.

Saying my latest remark would imply that I made one earlier...please, show me. Also, saying the ring is "fine" hardly rises to the level of an insult. I might not have gushed about it but who cares? Is that a requirement?

You seem to have taken such a wild interest in this topic. You don't need to be the defender of others on a public forum. I mean honestly, what are you doing with your time that you care about this so much? Further, you mentioned me individually so I'm responding to you. I'm not a troll...look at all my posts and you'll see that I ask legitimate questions and actually use this site for information gathering. Look at my 1st post on this thread...I mentioned that this experience made me rethink my decision to use LM when I get a setting. I wouldn't say that's trolling, would you?

I really don't know what your problem is with me but you should really focus your energy elsewhere. Seriously, I can't imagine ow boring your life must be.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey kiddies...

Can ya take it to the playground?

CR, congrats on your engagement and a beautiful ring.

Ali

Shiny_Rock
I do not want to have to close CrookedRock''s thread because of senseless bickering.
Stay on topic and keep the posts in the spirit of Pricescope and the charter of Show Me The Ring.

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
PS -- I won't post on this forum anymore. I think that there are good uses for this forum but that a lot of people try to make everyone act in conformity with their opinions on how things should be. If I need a question answered in the future I'll just post with a new name. Thanks to all the people who have been helpful but people like Isabelle really make this forum unpleasant for people like me -- people who are only occasional posters.

Look at what Isabelle is typing... She's going through great effort to insult and ridicule me for past posts that she misunderstood (probably b/c he didn't read them) and this current thread that I didn't say anything negative on except to point out to HER that people can have differing opinions regarding a ring. That's far from a negative statement.

I actually asked that some of my prior posts be removed solely b/c of how you interpreted them. I didn't want a vendor to think I was out to get them. The moderators mentioned that they read the posts and that posters (YOU) seemed to take it totally the wrong way and that it was clear I was not demonstrating any malice.

When people post about how this is a positive place etc etc, I want to say I agree but this behavior by Isabelle is so juvenile. I see it from her all the time too...picking fights with people on tangential topics.

So in sum:

Thanks so so many of you who answered all my Q's (and you can read my past posts...I've asked a lot) but b/c of nonsense like this I'm exiting. I'll be back (under a different name) to ask for help when the decision time draws closer.

Diamondseeker 2006 thanks in particular -- thanks for all the pictures of your LM solitaire and the feedback from your experience!

Also: to the OP -- I like your ring a lot. I would love to be able to give my girlfriend something so spectacular in the near future. I'm in the market for a round brilliant/solitaire but I'd love to find one on par with that cushion and pave work. Congrats and enjoy your ring. People ARE jealous of it...trust me (maybe not posters on here per se but I'm sure you get a few jealous looks in the mall/starbucks/etc).

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
IM: I''m sorry to hear that. I think that all Admin was saying is that someone''s thread where they are showing off their ring is NOT the place to get into it about liking it or not. There are plenty of other places where it IS appropriate to give opinions, but how would you feel if you posted your brand new ring (for admiration NOT inspection) you just got/bought and people started making comments about it that were less than positive? There are just different places for those discussions, that is all. Hope you''ll come back soon.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 5:35:49 PM
Author: neatfreak
IM: I''m sorry to hear that. I think that all Admin was saying is that someone''s thread where they are showing off their ring is NOT the place to get into it about liking it or not. There are plenty of other places where it IS appropriate to give opinions, but how would you feel if you posted your brand new ring (for admiration NOT inspection) you just got/bought and people started making comments about it that were less than positive? There are just different places for those discussions, that is all. Hope you''ll come back soon.
Well said neat and I agree.

IM I hope you come back as well and soon. You said yourself that this is just the internet so you shouldn''t take these things to heart.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 5:35:49 PM
Author: neatfreak
I agree Neatfreak. (except not so much with the last sentence). :)

Ali

Shiny_Rock
I will assume that the last few posts were in the process of being posted before I made my reply.

Move on and stay on topic. Final warning.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Crooked Rock - a month away for me with no way to post so I am VERY late to this thread - but just wanted to say congratulations to you on your beautiful ring and your engagement. It is truly a work of art, and I think it must be lovely to look down each day at something that you and your fiance designed together - what a great way to mark the beginning of sharing your life with one another. Wishing you every happiness
1.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Whipping Cream, anyone?

Foo20.jpg

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
CR, I have been DROOLING over your ring for weeks! What a beauty! Congratulations to you and your fiance on your engagement!
21.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2008 12:18:28 PM

And in fact, all those complaints about the 5 star reviews skewing the ''business model'' of LM''s reviews are sophistry: the only reason the ring got a low review to begin with is due to jealous girls going on there and low balling it out of envy.
Is an argument ad hominem sophistry? I made the ''business purpose'' argument. I am neither jealous of CrookedRock''s ring, nor do I have reason to be.
I think my post makes clear that the ''jealous girls'' I referred to are the ones who made an extra effort to log on to LM''s website and give CR''s gorgeous ring a lowball rating. No doubt you are not one of the ones who did that, so I can''t really see how this connects to you at all. Maybe I am missing something. But in any case, the fact is that there was clearly some strange coordinated effort to lowball her ring. It received well over 100 ratings which seems a bit odd in itself. Even BEFORE Lostsapphire suggested some people go on there to rate her ring more fairly, it had received an inordinately high number of ratings. My observation about what could have motivated the pettiness seems to speak for itself since her ring is magnificent, by any standards.
Because I am the one who originally made the ''business model'' argument.

P.S. I''m hungry, so I''ll have a slice of pie, please.
Harriet
no pie for you!!
paddle.gif
how are you gonna fit into that expensive wedding dress?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
CR, I adore your ring (and I think I have pretty good taste
2.gif

I go on his site here and there, like what appeals and do not pay much notice to the ratings.

I am sure you were clear that his workmanship is lovely, but he does have a mixed reputation as far as temperament goes.

I do not know all the details and have empathy if your experience was marred in any way, but you have the last laugh to me as your ring is truly just one of the prettiest things I have gazed upon here. Artists can be a bit tough and you have your experience, which is valid to you.

Do NOT let anyone rain on your day. If they have great interaction with Leon, bless them. If you they do not make comments that are constructive about your beauty, please just do not let it temper YOUR joy. Those are their views, and are not anything you have to own yourself. You and your man designed this beauty for YOU. You wear it so well. Please enjoy it wholeheartedly.

If you were mentioning Nantucket, just got back and love it. Looked at homes there, and think it is just a great little getaway spot. (there are so many pages here I cannot recall when and how Nantucket came up!!!!)

Anyway, it takes all kinds, and just enjoy your stunning and incredible engagement ring please, you have a really lovely ring and it looks marvelous on your hand.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
CR, can I tell you one more time how absolutely gorgeous I think your ring is? I am such a profile whore and yours makes me drool every time! STUNNING!!! ...more pics, please?
27.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
CR, it''s taken me a while to post on here because I''ve had to scrape my jaw off of the floor in order to be able to comment.

That ring is the ring I dream about. As in, honestly, I think your ring has shown up in my dreams (you know, those dreams where everything is perfect and you''ve got everything you could ever want). It''s truly one of the most beautiful rings I''ve ever seen.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Look at that! Beautiful.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! I''m just visiting SMTR for the first time in a while, so sorry I missed it until now.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
You''ve got yourself a big ring there!

I''m not surprised at the temperamental issues of Leon -- I''d heard similar stories about him before. I think it is the right thing to do to share your experience publicly, he might lose a potential paying customer that way. Of course, with his volume of business he might not notice the loss, but how else will he learn to treat his livelihood with a bit more respect?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results