carat
color
clarity

AT LAST!!! CrookedRock''s Ring!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 8:41:04 PM
Author: Isabelle

That's all very strange. It seems like every other day I read comments from people who had run ins with this guy over workmanship and he gets angry, no? Not really worth the hassle when there are so many gifted artisans out there willing to go the extra mile without giving the customer a headache. Your friend should make an appointment with Brian Gavin over at WF. Their office is on Richmond Avenue, near Hillcroft. If there is anything that can be done to save her ring, the WF people can do it. I know of one guy over there who is every bit as talented an artisan as Leon Mege. I would name him, but he keeps his name out of the public. His work is incredible and I bet she would be really happy. Since she is lucky enough to live right here in Houston, it's probably worth getting them to look at it. Keep us posted.
I feel badly for those who have had run ins with Leon. Should I ever have one, I would not hesitate to take my business elsewhere. This may not be the perfect analogy, but how many of us have had bosses who criticise without praising? By that same token, how many happy customers does Leon have?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 9:30:41 PM
Author: tradergirl
He even kind of dissed this ring on his site

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=455

(''rather ordinary'')

How rude.

What was it CR said way back on I think, page 5? "his work is really stunning but his people skills leave much to be desired."

No thanks. I''ll take my hard earned $$ elsewhere.

CR, I read with great interest your excitement at getting a ring that was "perfect". How sad that was it not only NOT perfect, but you have been disrespected to boot.

Well, that is the beauty of the Marketplace: shoddy treament of customers quickly gets out there. Perhaps his temperament will improve when he *needs* work..hmmmmm???

All that being said, I trust you will be able to resolve the situation to your satisfaction, and that this experience becomes only a distant memory, while the HONKER on your finger brings you great joy! (I believe my cellular transmission has been adversely affected since you''ve been outside with your ring! Something about signals being interrupted by rays of white light??)
9.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 9:41:39 PM

Date: 6/21/2008 9:30:41 PM
Author: tradergirl
He even kind of dissed this ring on his site

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=455

(''rather ordinary'')

What''s the story behind that one? Is there a thread you can point me to? Just curious.

Go back to Page 7 on this thread. That is where CR shares the problem with her ring, and the ensuing drama....

(CR, I hope you don''t mind my pointing out your post to Isabelle: I figured it would save her looking hither and yon)

LS

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not trying to downplay anyone who had a negative experience with Leon.... but I bet there is at least 100 threads on this site that prove otherwise. Honestly, I have learned that you can''t put all your hopes and expectations on one human being. After all, they are human!!! I do hope that they will at least take the time and the efforts to sort things out in a win-win matter.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Hold on a second, I am very confused. Is this CR''s ring pictured on the man''s site with the heading "very ordinary"?? The specs seems too much to be a coincidence. Am I missing something here?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 9:49:10 PM
Hold on a second, I am very confused. Is this CR''s ring pictured on the man''s site with the heading ''very ordinary''?? The specs seems too much to be a coincidence. Am I missing something here?
Yes, I believe it is CR''s ring.

Have a read through pages 7 to 10 on this thread.

I sure hope she sorts it out.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Also note the very low consumer rating for the ring at the bottom of the page (2.35). I''ve never seen one on his site rated lower by users than about 4.5. Wonder who did that?

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 9:51:55 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Hold on a second, I am very confused. Is this CR''s ring pictured on the man''s site with the heading ''very ordinary''?? The specs seems too much to be a coincidence. Am I missing something here?

Thanks Lostsapphire. I did read those pages, but I wasn''t under the impression that she had returned the ring. Did i skim too fast?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 10:11:55 PM

Hold on a second, I am very confused. Is this CR's ring pictured on the man's site with the heading 'very ordinary'?? The specs seems too much to be a coincidence. Am I missing something here?

Yes, I believe it is CR's ring.

Thanks Lostsapphire. I did read those pages, but I wasn't under the impression that she had returned the ring. Did i skim too fast?
I believe it's just posted on his website as part of the "catalogue", and that she still has it, from my reading the thread...

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 10:16:16 PM
Date: 6/21/2008 10:11:55 PM

Thanks Lostsapphire. I did read those pages, but I wasn''t under the impression that she had returned the ring. Did i skim too fast?

I believe it''s just posted on his website as part of the ''catalogue'', and that she still has it, from my reading the thread...

Well the irony is that there is nothing ordinary about CR''s ring. LOL :) It''s exquisite.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 10:21:45 PM

Well the irony is that there is nothing ordinary about CR's ring. LOL :) It's exquisite.

HOW ABOUT IF EVERYBODY WENT ON AND VOTED FOR IT?

GIVE IT A 5!!

LET'S BUMP CR'S RING TO THE TOP OF THE PILE WHERE THAT STUNNER BELONGS!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 10:26:41 PM
Date: 6/21/2008 10:21:45 PM

Well the irony is that there is nothing ordinary about CR''s ring. LOL :) It''s exquisite.

HOW ABOUT IF EVERYBODY WENT ON AND VOTED FOR IT?

GIVE IT A 5!!

LET''S BUMP CR''S RING TO THE TOP OF THE PILE WHERE THAT STUNNER BELONGS!

I already did.
31.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I tried voting twice but it wont let me....
11.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just voted also! Of course I gave it a 5 because it is to die for!

However, CR, it sounds like your recent experience dealing with him would get a big fat zero! I''m so sorry you''ve had to deal with that. However, I hope you will love your ring anyways-it''s beyond stunning, as I''m sure you know!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
BeachBunny, Marian, Golden, Missy, Isabelle ~ Thanks so much for all the compliments!

Green With Envy~ Last Laugh?? Is that what this is all about?

Scarlett~ Amusing for sure... yet sad at the same time. It's funny, I thought it was about me getting engaged, not about getting the last laugh.
38.gif

Mrs. Jam~ I am terribly sorry to hear about your friend’s problem with the customer service. I am sure her ring is gorgeous, but the hassle has probably overshadowed the whole thing. It’s a shame to hear, and truthfully this is the first I have heard of his pave continually falling out. Is having it remade by anyone else a possibility….

Harriet~ I know your experience with him has been flawless, and I think that’s wonderful because I will say for the 100th time… his work is beautiful, just like all of your pieces. That has never been my issue. But we all have our own experiences, and my details were not only made perfectly clear in the consultation, but on the original contract and on the second, not to mention numerous calls. It really just bums us out to be honest, we had many more things in the pipeline for him to make me…
39.gif

HE did refer to the top view of the ring as ordinary, which is perfectly fine by me. The truth is that was what I was going for… So many of you told me not to halo a 4ct stone and I did, but IMHO it was done incredibly tastefully so that the main stone can still the star. I would not be surprised if he posted more pics of it from the side bc that is the part that really shows how great he is at his craft. The profile of my ring is stunning, and that’s what he should be showing off.

I need to reiterate a few things:
My FI did come to an agreement with Leon. We have in writing that Leon will size the ring if and when the time comes. If the ring needs to be cut and made larger than can be done by scraping out some platinum, we will be charged minimally. This was the final agreement made by them.

I also want to say that, yes we were told by Leon that the ring was going to be named after myself. That didn’t happen, but it’s all the same in our book bc Scott is my FI, and I can’t think of a better way to make him a part of this ring, after all he was the man who had it made and proposed with it. We both think it is perfectly named as it is. An amazing ring named after an amazing man.
36.gif

Lost Sapphire, and all the rest of you on the voting bandwagon. I love it! Vote away!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry you had a negative experience with Leon, but don''t let it taint your engagement and enjoyment of your ring. Kudos to you for taking the "Scott" bit well! The word "ordinary" does sound derogatory, but would he have posted your ring if he weren''t proud of it?
1.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
CR : I am sorry that this is tainting your engagement a little. I think that LM just has a sarcastic sense of humor, and sarcasm often gets lost in translation through cyber space.
Every time I go through the Eye Candy Forum, I can spot a LM instantly, and my heart always skips a beat b/c they are all so beautiful, and yours is no exception. It is a work of art.
35.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 4:18:02 PM
Author: Harriet
I''m sorry you had a negative experience with Leon, but don''t let it taint your engagement and enjoyment of your ring. Kudos to you for taking the ''Scott'' bit well! The word ''ordinary'' does sound derogatory, but would he have posted your ring if he weren''t proud of it?
1.gif
It hasn''t and it won''t. He was extremely flattered when he saw it was named after him... And anything that makes him happy works for me!
And he should post it... It deserves to be posted, it took a lot of time and effort on is part and he should be proud of it. I only designed it and I''m terribly proud of it. I wouldn''t have posted it on here if I wasn''t
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 5:20:55 PM
Author: CrookedRock
It hasn't and it won't. He was extremely flattered when he saw it was named after him... And anything that makes him happy works for me!
And he should post it... It deserves to be posted, it took a lot of time and effort on is part and he should be proud of it. I only designed it and I'm terribly proud of it. I wouldn't have posted it on here if I wasn't
2.gif
I'm glad.
1.gif

P.S. Maybe Leon's ashamed of my rings.
2.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh, CR honey, I am so sorry you are going through this mess! I thought this thread was so big because so many people were gushing about your absolute beauty of an engagement ring, not because there was still drama going on with Leon!
7.gif
I am so very sorry, sweetie. I hope this all gets past you guys soon so you can look at that lovely ring and only think of the wonderful man you are going to marry and how happy he makes you. *hugs*

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2008 4:00:43 PM
Author: CrookedRock

BeachBunny, Marian, Golden, Missy, Isabelle ~ Thanks so much for all the compliments!

Green With Envy~ Last Laugh?? Is that what this is all about?

Scarlett~ Amusing for sure... yet sad at the same time. It''s funny, I thought it was about me getting engaged, not about getting the last laugh.
38.gif

Mrs. Jam~ I am terribly sorry to hear about your friend’s problem with the customer service. I am sure her ring is gorgeous, but the hassle has probably overshadowed the whole thing. It’s a shame to hear, and truthfully this is the first I have heard of his pave continually falling out. Is having it remade by anyone else a possibility….

Harriet~ I know your experience with him has been flawless, and I think that’s wonderful because I will say for the 100th time… his work is beautiful, just like all of your pieces. That has never been my issue. But we all have our own experiences, and my details were not only made perfectly clear in the consultation, but on the original contract and on the second, not to mention numerous calls. It really just bums us out to be honest, we had many more things in the pipeline for him to make me…
39.gif

HE did refer to the top view of the ring as ordinary, which is perfectly fine by me. The truth is that was what I was going for… So many of you told me not to halo a 4ct stone and I did, but IMHO it was done incredibly tastefully so that the main stone can still the star. I would not be surprised if he posted more pics of it from the side bc that is the part that really shows how great he is at his craft. The profile of my ring is stunning, and that’s what he should be showing off.

I need to reiterate a few things:
My FI did come to an agreement with Leon. We have in writing that Leon will size the ring if and when the time comes. If the ring needs to be cut and made larger than can be done by scraping out some platinum, we will be charged minimally. This was the final agreement made by them.

I also want to say that, yes we were told by Leon that the ring was going to be named after myself. That didn’t happen, but it’s all the same in our book bc Scott is my FI, and I can’t think of a better way to make him a part of this ring, after all he was the man who had it made and proposed with it. We both think it is perfectly named as it is. An amazing ring named after an amazing man.
36.gif

Lost Sapphire, and all the rest of you on the voting bandwagon. I love it! Vote away!

CR.. I am so glad to hear that you and your fiance have come to a reasonable solution to your ring situation!
36.gif
Congratulations to you both on your impending nuptuals~~~~~~!!!
1.gif

jtrejoloans

Rough_Rock
I am too looking in this range for fiance. Can you please tell me how much you guys paid for the diamond? That ring is stunning!!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 2:47:51 AM
Author: jtrejoloans
I am too looking in this range for fiance. Can you please tell me how much you guys paid for the diamond? That ring is stunning!!!
jtrejoloans...the best way for you to get some help looking for a diamond this size is to tell us what your budget is and let us help you find something. Also, post in RockyTalk and let some of the experts chime in. It doesn''t really matter what they paid if it isn''t in your budget. We can tell you pretty quick if you need to up it or not.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I know I am late to respond to all this. But Thanks to Harriet, Gwen, and Cushioncutnut.

J.Trejo~ EmeraldLover makes a great suggestion. I have looked back at your few posts from a while back. I''m not sure if things are the same as they were then, but you may want to look in the 3ct range. That was what I had my heart set on, but this stone spoke to me so went a little overboard. Let me know if I can help!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Just had to say I really do think this ring is really stunning and has such unique lines. It is gorgeous!
36.gif
36.gif

female half 2Artists

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Holy bling!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Has everybody been voting???

Let''s get that bling satellite up to the top of the LM list!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
CrookedRock has a ring that both she and her fiance love. Isn't that all that matters? Does she need validation from a mere number on Leon's site? Ladies, I'm sorry to have to say this, but the solicatation for voting (especially on a repeated basis) is unnecessary and rather immature.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results