carat
color
clarity

AT LAST!!! CrookedRock''s Ring!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2008 9:30:41 PM
Author: Harriet
CrookedRock has a ring that both she and her fiance love. Isn't that all that matters? Does she need validation from a mere number on Leon's site? Ladies, I'm sorry to have to say this, but the solicatation for voting (especially on a repeated basis) is unnecessary and rather immature.

i have to agree with you harriet. just because LM acts like he is in high school doesn't mean we all have to.
20.gif

Gummybear

Rough_Rock
OMG that ring is amazing!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 12:43:44 PM
Author: ringster

CrookedRock has a ring that both she and her fiance love. Isn't that all that matters? Does she need validation from a mere number on Leon's site? Ladies, I'm sorry to have to say this, but the solicatation for voting (especially on a repeated basis) is unnecessary and rather immature.

i have to agree with you harriet. just because LM acts like he is in high school doesn't mean we all have to.
20.gif
So I guess this is directed at me for some reason which I find unfathomable.

I am happy that this forum encourages support in many forms. Not all of us have the same sense of humour, nor do we all show our support in the same way. Thank goodness for the positivity, openness and inclusiveness of this forum.

We were having fun with what was an awkward situation for CrookedRock. LM was the party being difficult, if I recall.

I don't always see the humour in others' posts either. But if people are being positive and supportive, no reason to call them out for it. Some threads become silly and off topic which is wonderful (pie, anyone?). That's why this is a good place. But there's no point in throwing the pie when we can eat it!

Here is a quote from CR on page 10 of this thread: "[Lost Sapphire, and all the rest of you on the voting bandwagon. I love it! Vote away!"] So I figure all is good with the world.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
LostSapphire,

I don''t mean any offence to CrookedRock, but we don''t have Leon''s side of the issue. Let''s assume that he was indeed difficult. As ringster pointed out, do we need to degenerate to his level?

Separately, his rating function has a business purpose -- to obtain honest feedback on his work. Repeated voting skews that.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 1:11:41 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Date: 7/2/2008 12:43:44 PM

Author: ringster

CrookedRock has a ring that both she and her fiance love. Isn''t that all that matters? Does she need validation from a mere number on Leon''s site? Ladies, I''m sorry to have to say this, but the solicatation for voting (especially on a repeated basis) is unnecessary and rather immature.

i have to agree with you harriet. just because LM acts like he is in high school doesn''t mean we all have to.
20.gif

So I guess this is directed at me for some reason which I find unfathomable.

I am happy that this forum encourages support in many forms. Not all of us have the same sense of humour, nor do we all show our support in the same way. Thank goodness for the positivity, openness and inclusiveness of this forum.

We were having fun with what was an awkward situation for CrookedRock. LM was the party being difficult, if I recall.

I don''t always see the humour in others'' posts either. But if people are being positive and supportive, no reason to call them out for it. Some threads become silly and off topic which is wonderful (pie, anyone?). That''s why this is a good place. But there''s no point in throwing the pie when we can eat it!

Here is a quote from CR on page 10 of this thread: ''[Lost Sapphire, and all the rest of you on the voting bandwagon. I love it! Vote away!''] So I figure all is good with the world.

LS - my post wasn''t directed at you personally but towards the voting idea.

and this is an open forum so people can speak freely. i''d be one of the last to defend LM -- i just don''t see the point in the whole voting idea, but that is my opinion which i am expressing. and harriet''s which she is expressing. if it is the minority opinion then so be it. and i think harriet was being very supportive of CR.

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
I had to come back and say that your ring is BEATUIFUL, STUNNING, GORGEOUS, SPECTACULAR, AMAZING, MAGNIFICANT,

Where''s my thesaraus???
30.gif

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Crooked... Hi there! I just wanted to say I so want to be you. You have one of the most talked about rings in the history of PS and with reason. The ring is original, amazingly executed and perfect for you. Having that gorgeous stone to boot is not bad either.

I am glad that you were able to reach a compromise with LM regarding the sizing. Also, to me, it is a form of flattery that your ring was put on his site. I don''t really think he would put it up there to make a mockery out of it. Just my humble opinion. However, your pics are better than his.... hahaha.

I think that people show support in different ways and those ways should be respected by all. I can see why some people might think is unnecessary to go to friggin'' LM''s site to vote for it. On the other hand, I think is kinda cute that people want to boost the rating to where it should be.
My rating on a scale of 1 to 10 uhh let''s see what about..... 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
emsmilep.gif

At the end of the day, what matters is that YOU HAVE A SPECTACULAR ring, which shows the amount of work and effort that was put into it by you and your FI. That is what makes it very special. Enjoy it in good health and happiness.

... Please show off some new pics of that beauty when you have a chance for those who live vicariously through you....

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Well...Truth be told, I don't need a high rating on Leon's site to tell me that the ring is beautiful. If I had the patience to go back through these 11 pages and count how many times I said that I'm sure it would be around 100. I'm probably a lil biased, but yah, I think it's strange it has a low rating. I am glad he put up another pic though, bc that is the beauty of the ring.

Harriet, I just want to say that if you look back over all of my threads previous to this I have done nothing but rave about Leon. I have absolutely no reason to sway my story for any reason. I have also not said anything negative about his work. What I have said is fact. You are right, Leon does not post here, so he cannot respond. But trust me... He did in his own way.
Also I am flattered by the support from this forum, I thought the voting thing was sweet and thoughtful, not at all immature. And I just want to note that voting on a repeated basis doesn't work... I tried! LOL
2.gif

Thanks again to those of you who have chimed in recently!!!
Lesco~ Thanks so much!! I really appreciate that! I will try to get another photoshoot soon!
LostSapphire~ The quote still stands!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 9:41:41 PM
Author: lesco

Crooked... Hi there! I just wanted to say I so want to be you. You have one of the most talked about rings in the history of PS and with reason. The ring is original, amazingly executed and perfect for you. Having that gorgeous stone to boot is not bad either.

I am glad that you were able to reach a compromise with LM regarding the sizing. Also, to me, it is a form of flattery that your ring was put on his site. I don''t really think he would put it up there to make a mockery out of it. Just my humble opinion. However, your pics are better than his.... hahaha.

I think that people show support in different ways and those ways should be respected by all. I can see why some people might think is unnecessary to go to friggin'' LM''s site to vote for it. On the other hand, I think is kinda cute that people want to boost the rating to where it should be.
My rating on a scale of 1 to 10 uhh let''s see what about..... 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
emsmilep.gif

At the end of the day, what matters is that YOU HAVE A SPECTACULAR ring, which shows the amount of work and effort that was put into it by you and your FI. That is what makes it very special. Enjoy it in good health and happiness.

... Please show off some new pics of that beauty when you have a chance for those who live vicariously through you....
Sorry, but why should I respect anyone who wanted to fake statistics?

It makes a mockery of the whole thing and is pathetic behaviour. I''m sure CR would be much happier if her ring was voted high (not that she needs to care at all - she and her FI like it and that is ALL that really matters) because people really thought that and not because a lot of frankly immature people decided to go and bump something up.

Personally I would be insulted if someone did that to my ring. Taste is taste and not everyone cares for the same thing.

Also describing LM in those terms that you just used is very offensive.

JC8811

Rough_Rock
Pandora II, I completely agree with you. This thread has gotten way out of control and immature. Its not fair to outwardly condemn Leon when most of the ladies who posted here have never interacted with him and so have no basis other than what CR is saying. This is of course not to say that CR is exaggerating or untruthful, but let''s not blow things out of proportion when it comes to Leon''s customer service or professionalism. Personally, I have commissioned several pieces from him and also sent my friends to him as well (I live in NYC) and have never had a negative experience.

CR, your ring and stone is stunning. But personally, it is not my style. Just like I''m sure if I showed you ladies some of my pieces, it wouldn''t suit you. But that doesn''t matter to me and it shouldn''t matter to anyone else. At the end of the day, there are much more important things to discuss ad nauseam than a ring.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 8:20:31 AM
Author: jencho

CR, your ring and stone is stunning. But personally, it is not my style. Just like I''m sure if I showed you ladies some of my pieces, it wouldn''t suit you. But that doesn''t matter to me and it shouldn''t matter to anyone else. At the end of the day, there are much more important things to discuss ad nauseam than a ring.
Well... That''s kinda what this forum is all about. Diamonds and the things they get set in.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Ok... So I am just gonna put this out there for what it is worth.

I started this thread after I got engaged. I was so excited and all I wanted to do was share with you my story and my ring. I have been around this forum for over a year now and have been able to feast my eyes on so many of your beautiful pieces, and even more than that I have been able to get to know some of you and read about your life experiences. I love PS, it really is my guilty lil pleasure.

Honestly though, in regards to this thread, it's kinda outta hand. This was about ME not Leon. Yes in the middle I shared my story about what happened with Leon. Take for what it's worth or leave it, doesn't matter to me. If all I wanted to do was discuss Leon, I would have started a thread called: Leon. But I didn't. It did cross my mind when everything originally happened, but I don't think about it anymore. Truth be told... I would never ever wish what I went through emotionally through all this on anyone else. I am not looking for sympathy, it's just the truth. Many people have shared positive and negative about him, and I have actually shared many positive things about him throughtout my journey. Just so happens that I was not completely pleased at the very end.

Anyway... That's my rant. Again I appreciate all the lovely comments that have been paid about my ring and my engagement. It's neat to have so many people happy and excited for you that you don't even know. I would love if this thread was continued with more positive thoughts about what the thread was started to disuss... ME and my ring!
9.gif
(If it ends here that is fine too) LOL
2.gif

Thanks again for the support. It really is a great thing!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
(See below.)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 8:28:17 AM
Author: CrookedRock

Well... That''s kinda what this forum is all about. Diamonds and the things they get set in.
I think jencho is not referring to discussion per se, but rather to discussion ad nauseum.

CrookedRock,
I have said the majority of what I have to say. However, since you addressed me, it would be discourteous of me to not reply. Given that your issue with Leon is his professionalism and not his work, take it up with him (like you have done) but please do not take it out on his rating system, which has a legitimate business purpose. You wrote "it''s strange [the ring] has a low rating." As jencho notes, taste is subjective.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crooked, can you post some more pictures of your ring? I would love to see more and oogle it!

Has the excitement from your engagement worn off yet? Yeah right!
2.gif
Have you thought about a date for the wedding?

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora II, I completely agree with you. This thread has gotten way out of control and immature. Its not fair to outwardly condemn Leon when most of the ladies who posted here have never interacted with him and so have no basis other than what CR is saying. This is of course not to say that CR is exaggerating or untruthful, but let''s not blow things out of proportion when it comes to Leon''s customer service or professionalism. Personally, I have commissioned several pieces from him and also sent my friends to him as well (I live in NYC) and have never had a negative experience.

I wonder why you felt the need to point that out?

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2008 11:38:45 PM
Author: CrookedRock
Well...Truth be told, I don''t need a high rating on Leon''s site to tell me that the ring is beautiful. If I had the patience to go back through these 11 pages and count how many times I said that I''m sure it would be around 100. I''m probably a lil biased, but yah, I think it''s strange it has a low rating. I am glad he put up another pic though, bc that is the beauty of the ring.

Harriet, I just want to say that if you look back over all of my threads previous to this I have done nothing but rave about Leon. I have absolutely no reason to sway my story for any reason. I have also not said anything negative about his work. What I have said is fact. You are right, Leon does not post here, so he cannot respond. But trust me... He did in his own way.
Also I am flattered by the support from this forum, I thought the voting thing was sweet and thoughtful, not at all immature. And I just want to note that voting on a repeated basis doesn''t work... I tried! LOL
2.gif

Thanks again to those of you who have chimed in recently!!!
Lesco~ Thanks so much!! I really appreciate that! I will try to get another photoshoot soon!
LostSapphire~ The quote still stands!
Guess what? I am traveling with my husband and I didn''t get to rate your ring on HIS computer. So that''s exactly what I am going to do now. And in fact, all those complaints about the 5 star reviews skewing the "business model" of LM''s reviews are sophistry: the only reason the ring got a low review to begin with is due to jealous girls going on there and low balling it out of envy. There is no way that your ring legitimately earned a 2.0 or whatever nonsense was on there. You know it. I know it. Everyone who has seen pictures of your ring knows it. Let''s just say that there isn''t a person on here who wouldn''t wear your ring with pride. Enjoy it and have a WONDERFUL 4th of July! :)
35.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 9:39:49 AM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Crooked, can you post some more pictures of your ring? I would love to see more and oogle it!

Has the excitement from your engagement worn off yet? Yeah right!
2.gif
Have you thought about a date for the wedding?
Ditto :)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 10:13:59 AM
Author: Isabelle
And in fact, all those complaints about the 5 star reviews skewing the ''business model'' of LM''s reviews are sophistry: the only reason the ring got a low review to begin with is due to jealous girls going on there and low balling it out of envy.
Is an argument ad hominem sophistry? I made the "business purpose" argument. I am neither jealous of CrookedRock''s ring, nor do I have reason to be.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
thats not very nice...

Back to the purpose of the thread. CR, not sure I ever commented but your ring is beyond gorgeous. That stone is absolutely magical. Congrats to you and your wonderful FI, and may your fingers never grow
2.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I’m not an expert.

I have no idea who this “Leon” person that everyone keeps referring to is or why he’s even important. I also have no idea what this whole voting thing is about either.

All I can say is that when it comes to engagements, everyone should be happy that there are two more people in this world that are taking their time to love, respect, and honor one another for eternity. We need more of that in this world.

Congrats CR on a stunning ring. Your love for your fiance and the ring he chose for you is beautiful. I hope to feel the same as you the day I get engaged!
30.gif

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
You''re ring is absolutely stunning, but that fact that you are so happy and in love is even more beautiful.

Cheers and congratulations of your engagement!! :)

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 10:28:23 AM

Date: 7/3/2008 10:13:59 AM
Author: Isabelle
And in fact, all those complaints about the 5 star reviews skewing the ''business model'' of LM''s reviews are sophistry: the only reason the ring got a low review to begin with is due to jealous girls going on there and low balling it out of envy.
Is an argument ad hominem sophistry? I made the ''business purpose'' argument. I am neither jealous of CrookedRock''s ring, nor do I have reason to be.
I think my post makes clear that the "jealous girls" I referred to are the ones who made an extra effort to log on to LM''s website and give CR''s gorgeous ring a lowball rating. No doubt you are not one of the ones who did that, so I can''t really see how this connects to you at all. Maybe I am missing something. But in any case, the fact is that there was clearly some strange coordinated effort to lowball her ring. It received well over 100 ratings which seems a bit odd in itself. Even BEFORE Lostsapphire suggested some people go on there to rate her ring more fairly, it had received an inordinately high number of ratings. My observation about what could have motivated the pettiness seems to speak for itself since her ring is magnificent, by any standards.

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
Crookedrock,

Do you go to U Penn?

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Pie anyone?

I''m serving pecan.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
CR...I am not going to let this thread end here. Your ring ROCKS!!!!! Enough of the banter going back and forth. It''s all about you and your ring baby! BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING AND STUNNING (that''s how I would describe it)!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

IronMikey

Shiny_Rock
. My observation about what could have motivated the pettiness seems to speak for itself since her ring is magnificent, by any standards.

Really? No subjectivity involved?

The design is a bit much for some people -- it''s totally nontraditional and some people find that appalling. As long as the wearer likes it who cares but your statement is a bit ridiculous.

I think the ring is fine but to be honest I can see how people won''t like it. It''s a rather polarizing design and it''s probably a love it or hate it. Also didn''t someone on this thread say we should all log on and rate it really high? I mean isn''t that petty too?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2008 11:36:26 AM
Author: LostSapphire
Pie anyone?

I''m serving pecan.

Only if you have some fresh whipped cream to go along with it!
1263732qjo53yeqzf.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your ring!!!

I am floored by the turn this thread has taken.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results