color
clarity

AT LAST!!! CrookedRock''s Ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2008 5:27:56 PM
Author: IronMikey
Thanks so so many of you who answered all my Q''s (and you can read my past posts...I''ve asked a lot) but b/c of nonsense like this I''m exiting. I''ll be back (under a different name) to ask for help when the decision time draws closer.

Diamondseeker 2006 thanks in particular -- thanks for all the pictures of your LM solitaire and the feedback from your experience!
IronMikey, you are very welcome! I am so happy if I was of help to you! Please stick around.

I have been on vacation and have not followed the latest postings, but I did skim and see where CR''s fiance reached an agreement with Leon about sizing the ring in the future. That is great news!
36.gif

dockman3

Brilliant_Rock
This ring is unbelieveable!!! Congratulations on your engagement and good luck! I wish you nothing but the best!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Best Wishes on your engagement and an absolutely stunning ring!
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I said it before but I have to tell you again, that your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Congrats.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/5/2008 5:51:27 PM
Author: Skippy123
I said it before but I have to tell you again, that your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Congrats.
Ditto Skippy''s sentiment. Fabulous, Fabulous, FABULOUS!!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your kind words and support:
Gummybear, Louisvgirl, Lesco, Dreamer, SDL, FieryRed, cellososweet, DiDiamond, Kaleigh, Lost Sapphire, Togal, Madam, Linda, Tgal, Babysteps, Nclrgirl, Gwen, Princess, MC, IndyGal, DS2006, Dockman3, fatafelice, Skippy, Gemgirl

Just some facts:
~ I cannot control the number of people who choose to comment in this thread. I can clearly also not control whether people comment politely or not.
~ I never asked for opinions! I posted in SMTR for a reason. If my panties seemed twisted at any point it was because of tactless comments.
~ I never said that everyone had to like or love my ring. And I certainly never said anyone had to love it bc it is large and blingy. (Or as referred to in another thread: “cartoonishly large in a Las Vegas style setting”)
~I never said anyone was jealous of my ring.

Harriet~ I have always respected your opinions on this forum. I have to disagree with your views on the voting. I don’t think they are used as a business tool. The fact remains that I do think the ring has received low rating unnecessarily. Look at the numbers on the site, they speak for themselves. No other ring has that many votes. Once again… Just to reiterate… I don’t care what the votes say. Didn’t even notice it til it was pointed out. Love my ring, that’s all that matters here.

IronMikey~ No I didn’t go to U Penn. And again, I never asked for opinions, so I consider yours to be unwelcome and unkind. You final comment did not dig you out of the hole you dug.

RX~ I never posted my story hoping that I would convince Leon’s customers to stop using him. I posted it for knowledge. If he loses a customer so be it. Bottom line is he lost me as a customer.

Isabelle~!!! Thank you very much for saying the things you did. I think I fully agreed with everything you said!!

DiamondFan~ You absolutely do have excellent taste. Even more importantly you have class. This thread has stunned me as to how many people do not.
What''s that saying?? Keep talking about me, you’re only making me more famous. I feel like that applies here. LOL

Anyway… Nantucket is one of my favorite places. I guess you missed it but that is where my FI proposed. He chartered out an old wooden sailboat and proposed over a bottle of ’89 PJ Rose. It could not have been more perfect! I think a house out there would be spectacular. The second time I was ever there we flew private and were able to circle the island. Some of those houses are indescribable! Absolutely magnificent! Good luck finding a place out there, and if you do, don’t be surprised if I come looking for you on my next trip!

Ali~ Thank you for attempting to stop the insanity. If it continues please feel free to shut the thread down.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi CrookedRock,

I just wanted to say again how much I really love your engagement ring. It is just beautiful and I am so sorry for all the nonsense that has ensued.

Your ring is just gorgeous and congratulations again on your engagement. May you wear it in health and happiness!

Best wishes,
Missy

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I''m really sorry, I hope I didn''t come across as being sarcastic about Leon losing a customer. Even in real life people often don''t "get me" when I try and make a point. I think I just say exactly what I''m thinking and it can come across all wrong.

What I wanted to say was that clients commission him with huge sums of money to make pieces of jewelry, and if he treats them as badly as the stories I''ve heard, then he does need to be put in his place.

It''s just a shame that the ring he made for you (which has tons of intricate details and must look like a massive never-ending sparkle on your finger everywhere you go) is sort of marred now by the way he treated you AND by the unfortunate turn of this thread.

Please don''t take it to heart. Some people are purposely malicious and something about your good fortune in having such a ring has caused them to behave like a clique of high-school girls.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
*Big fat happy sigh!*
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Man, whatta gorgeous diamond! Nothing like a 4c rock to make my day!

CONGRATS, CR! It''s a BEAUTY!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 2:42:22 PM
Author: RxTechRN2b
I'm really sorry, I hope I didn't come across as being sarcastic about Leon losing a customer. Even in real life people often don't 'get me' when I try and make a point. I think I just say exactly what I'm thinking and it can come across all wrong.

What I wanted to say was that clients commission him with huge sums of money to make pieces of jewelry, and if he treats them as badly as the stories I've heard, then he does need to be put in his place.

It's just a shame that the ring he made for you (which has tons of intricate details and must look like a massive never-ending sparkle on your finger everywhere you go) is sort of marred now by the way he treated you AND by the unfortunate turn of this thread.

Please don't take it to heart. Some people are purposely malicious and something about your good fortune in having such a ring has caused them to behave like a clique of high-school girls.
Terry, I have to apologize too. I reread my post later and thought that my post to you made me sound upset with you, which I was not. I guess we are kinda alike bc I write what I'm thinking as well. Clearly I had had enough with the BS in this thread. I am not going to jump on a bandwagon to convince people to not use Leon. His work speaks for itself, and if he can make what someone wants then by all means I think they should go for it. But they have been warned of the attitude factor, that's all.
Honestly though, I have taken nothing to heart. If anything this thread has been an interesting study of people on online forums and how to behave. I have nothing to be ashamed of, and everything to be happy about. I consider myself a lucky girl on many more fronts than having a large engagement ring.

Lynn~ Thanks! It makes my day too!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 3:25:40 PM
Author: CrookedRock

Date: 7/7/2008 2:42:22 PM
Author: RxTechRN2b
I''m really sorry, I hope I didn''t come across as being sarcastic about Leon losing a customer. Even in real life people often don''t ''get me'' when I try and make a point. I think I just say exactly what I''m thinking and it can come across all wrong.

What I wanted to say was that clients commission him with huge sums of money to make pieces of jewelry, and if he treats them as badly as the stories I''ve heard, then he does need to be put in his place.

It''s just a shame that the ring he made for you (which has tons of intricate details and must look like a massive never-ending sparkle on your finger everywhere you go) is sort of marred now by the way he treated you AND by the unfortunate turn of this thread.

Please don''t take it to heart. Some people are purposely malicious and something about your good fortune in having such a ring has caused them to behave like a clique of high-school girls.
Terry, I have to apologize too. I reread my post later and thought that my post to you made me sound upset with you, which I was not. I guess we are kinda alike bc I write what I''m thinking as well. Clearly I had had enough with the BS in this thread. I am not going to jump on a bandwagon to convince people to not use Leon. His work speaks for itself, and if he can make what someone wants then by all means I think they should go for it. But they have been warned of the attitude factor, that''s all.
Honestly though, I have taken nothing to heart. If anything this thread has been an interesting study of people on online forums and how to behave. I have nothing to be ashamed of, and everything to be happy about. I consider myself a lucky girl on many more fronts than having a large engagement ring.

Lynn~ Thanks! It makes my day too!
Crooked,

I was really glad to read this. I was bummed when this thread took a turn for the worse because I didn''t want any negative comments to detract from your stunning ring. I think we all know that people have different preferences for rings, but that isn''t really relevant in this thread. This thread was to celebrate your engagement and the GIFT that your FI gave to you. Also, in my opinion, anybody who can appreciate a diamond for its beauty can appreciate your ring. It''s such a rare and beautiful stone, you and your FI really picked a gem and you should be proud.

I thought your whole journey on PS was so, so helpful. When you came here you learned a ton about cushions--something many go through. Also, your experience with Leon may not be what the majority of people experience, but I am really glad that you shared it (and you even did it in a very positive way). Sharing what you''ve learned and your experiences with the vendors is what this forum is about. I''m sure that this has been hard for you (specifically this thread), but I''m very glad you did. I hope you are enjoying the ring and being engaged and can get back to Nantucket soon! It''s been so beautiful there lately!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
wow, CrookedRock! I can''t even believe a ring that gorgeous exists!!! (I mean, I can, ''cuz I''m lookin at it, but WOWSA!)

Wear it in good health and I wish you and your fiance much happiness
9.gif

btw--are you thinking of wearing that with a wedding band?!
6.gif

omgosh, not only can I not imagine how amazing it must feel to put that amazing ring on your hand every day (especially with the satisfaction of knowing that you designed it!!), but what does it feel like to know there''s going to be MORE?!?!

mind. blown.
3.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
CR, do you have more pics? I would love to see some more of your gorgeous ring!!! I love it!
3.gif
30.gif
eta: I agree with what Gwen says!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
CR, I just wanted to say that I think you are one classy chick. Your ring is gorgeous and, because of the design behind it and what it represents, is so much more than just a lovely ring. Even still, you have been graceful, dignified and composed when people were less than polite about it, and I think that speaks volumes about you as a person. I wish you nothing but the absolute best, my dear. Congratulations again on your engagement.
1.gif

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
CR your ring is beautiful!!!!!!!! Congrat.''s on your engagement!!!!! More pictures would be lovely.

I appreciate your honesty and candor, and that you handled your situation in an informative as well as positive fashion.

Enjoy your gorgeous new ring, your engagement, and most importantly your new DF!!!!!!!!!!

You are a class act and your DF is one lucky guy, I''m quite certain he already knows this though!
2.gif

Best wishes to both of you!
1.gif

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
You are very welcome Crooked Rock. I would hope someone would do the same for me some day if warranted. Enjoy your wonderful FI, because he is after all why you are the proud owner of such an extraordinary ring, and why you will always have the memory of such a special proposal. We are currently in Newport ourselves which reminds me of Nantucket. I can think of no place I would rather be than New England in the summer. Your Nantucket proposal was as special as your ring! I think you and your FI are lucky to have one another. Best wishes!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 9:21:19 AM
Harriet~ I have always respected your opinions on this forum. I have to disagree with your views on the voting. I don’t think they are used as a business tool. The fact remains that I do think the ring has received low rating unnecessarily. Look at the numbers on the site, they speak for themselves. No other ring has that many votes. Once again… Just to reiterate… I don’t care what the votes say. Didn’t even notice it til it was pointed out. Love my ring, that’s all that matters here.
No worries. I can stomach disagreement. Just note that I''ve never said anything negative about your ring itself. I''m glad that you love it. Wear it in good health!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
NewEnglandLady~ I was initally bummed too, but life goes on. Thank you for recognizing what this thread was meant to be about. I agree with you about what this forum is all ablout, sharing experiences about diamonds and the knowledge we have learned along the way. I tried to do just that and as fairly as possible. Thanks for seeing that.
And yes, hopefully we can get back to Nantucket, but it probably won't be until next year, as it is Bahamas time down here in FL!
10.gif

Alli~ Thanks so much for the compliments. I won't wear a wedding band with it, and I cannot swith it to the other hand now that it can't be sized, so I have te decide on something that will stand alone. Probably a two or three rowed paved band, or an eternity... We'll see!

Skippy~ I don't have anymore this sec. I'll snap some this week. I should probably start a new thread though! LOL

Gwen~ That's the best compliment in this whole thread! I'm not gonna lie, I had to bite my tonguew a few times, but the high road is always going to be higher for a reason. Thank you a ton for that! Seriously!
16.gif

Harriet~ I know you didn't. Thank you.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 4:30:20 PM

Skippy~ I don''t have anymore this sec. I''ll snap some this week. I should probably start a new thread though! LOL
Awesome, I am looking forward to them
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
CrookedRock,

Please post pictures of your beauty in the sunlight too!!!!! I would love to see more of your beautiful ring sparkle.
30.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results