AT LAST!!! CrookedRock''s Ring!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Oooh...more pics. Gorgeous, of course.
3.gif

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
Love, love, love it! I wonder if Leon will put pics of it on his website. Did he send you any pics before he shipped it?

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Crooked: When my cushion halo grows up I want it to be just like yours...
9.gif

Stunning, Gorgeous, Oh-My-Lordy Beautiful!!!
30.gif

Congrats!!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies, I have been so busy this week so I apologize for not getting back here to thank each of you who posted recently. Your comments are so flattering. Thank you so much!
Real quickly, someone asked about more stats of my Cushion. There is a thread titled CrookedRock that will give you all the info.
Oh, and OFG... I''m right there with ya! I''m reading his book now have you read it???

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
seriously, your ring is stunning.
30.gif

Sarahinwonderland

Rough_Rock
Soooo how much did this cost you?? I know it is low in color and clarity but it is 4.04 ct!!! that is 800mg!! My gosh

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I said it before, but your ring is just amazing!
I never get tired of looking at it (as I am sure you don''t either
30.gif
)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 6:52:58 PM
Author: Sarahinwonderland
Soooo how much did this cost you?? I know it is low in color and clarity but it is 4.04 ct!!! that is 800mg!! My gosh
It didn''t cost her anything, her fiance bought it for her.
2.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Bliss!!

Scarlet~ Thanks girlie! Eeryday I see something new I want to use in a ring photo shott. I think FI thinks I am crazy! LOL

Gonghe~ Thank you! I waitined 8 years for that... No upgrades for me, but good luck to you!!!
3.gif

Gem~ Wow! Wow! Wow! Thank you! That's an amzing compliment!

Claire~ I love our cushion halo club! Thanks, and Congrats agian to you too!!!

Softly~ Thanx, I love love love the profile too!!

Gwen~ You crack me up!!!
9.gif

Pixley~ It's just so much fun to take these pics. I'm afraid I might be obsessed
31.gif

Gemma~ Thank you! I would love a few colored rings, but I am gonna let it rest for the time being. I feel like this was a big one, so we'll give him a few months... lol

Portia~ We still have not been out there in the summer, and we are dying to go! I told him about the wine festival, so we are going to try to plan that for next year bc it sounds like a ton of fun. I'd love to meet up there, so I will keep you posted...
And yes, it stands!! Who would've thought! LOL

Diamond*Dana~ Thanks a bunch, still very excited!

LittleGreyKitten~ That was my goal, to prove it could be done and still be elegant. Thanks for recognizing that.
9.gif

Green~ I mention earlier about the CrookedRock thread... All the info is there!
I agree it is very interesting to compare all Mark's stones. He has an amazing eye for them!

Married~ Don't tell my sis that I'm the princess, she thinks she is! LOL Thanks!

Darling~ Thanks! I can't argue...
31.gif

Miranda~ Don't tempt me to bore everyone with more pics!

Lexie~ THANKS!!

Vesper~ Still can't believe it! Thanks so much!

Ajl~ Thank you!

OFG~ Seriously read his book! Thanks for the ring compliments!!! GO RP!!

Burk~ Thank you!

Melanie~ He said he was going to... We will see. We did receive pics ahead of picking it up, and honestly mine are better...

Dianne~ Yours is gorgeous. I love your profile so much! Thanks!

Elle~ Thank you thank you!

Sarah~ Really with that comment???
33.gif
Not really sure how to respond... Anyone???

Iluvcarats~ I don't... LOL

Ellen~ Perfect comment! Thank you!!!
2.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

Ignore her. She really is in her own ''wonderland''. First day on PS, and she''s been rude on nearly every post.

Enjoying the ring? Much?? Those hand shots are CRAZY SPECTACTULAR!!
10.gif

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Crooked... I think I commented on your gorgeous cushion and dreamy halo ring already. Had to come back to see the pictures again. IT is to DIE for!!!
Congratulations again...

Amber

Rough_Rock
No doubt a fraud, and just posting snotty remarks to watch everyone get upset. Ignore her... BTW I love love love your ring! Congratulations!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 7:55:02 PM
Author: CrookedRock

OFG~ Seriously read his book! Thanks for the ring compliments!!! GO RP!!
CR, I haven''t but I''ve seen it advertised & I should go get it. Nothing to do w/ this thread, but as long as we''re on the topic, DH recently drove his late father''s truck to our house, & there was a bumper sticker that said, "Elect Bush" and I couldn''t bear seeing that in our driveway, so I put white labels over the "bush" part & wrote "Ron Paul" over top of it.
1.gif

Back to the ring - it is so stunning. Between you & mrss., you''re making me wish I had a cushion!!!
3.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
18.gif
30.gif
18.gif
30.gif
18.gif
...really, what else is there to say? Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on your engagement!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Holly~ Thanks for clarifying. I figured it was that sort of situation, but I hadn''t looked into it.
I am still enjoying it very very much. Actually today I''m driving home (only just over an hour) and my step-sis is visiting so it will be fun to show it to her, she''s a lil dramatic so this should be good...LOL
3.gif

Lesco~ I think you did too, but thank you again. I promise not to get mad if you keep coming back!

Amber~ Thanks, and hopefully they are gone! And wow a member since ''04 and only 15 posts... How do you resist?!?!

OFG~ LMAO!! That''s classic! You have to get the book now!

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
I keep on coming back to this thread and I''m still have my jaw on the floor everytime I see your drop-dead gorgeous ring!!!
3.gif

(It took me this long to post because I had to use my hands to put my jaw back
1.gif
oh there it goes again
6.gif
)
Congrats!!!
9.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock

Someone''s been drinking the haterade....
20.gif

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 5:51:31 PM
Author: LegacyGirl

Someone''s been drinking the haterade....
20.gif

Yep so not necessary. All that''s needed is to congratulate Crooked on her engagement and remark on how pretty her ring is. I don''t know how anyone who has read Crooked''s posts could be less than thrilled for her as she seems so happy.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new pictures are gorgeous!!!! (I didn''t know RP had a book. Going to go check Amazon.)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ooooooohhhhhh i am so late to this thread following graduation/moving, but holy crap was it worth the wait. Crooked- it is absolutely phenomenal. Definitely one of my all time PS favs. I don''t think I can even imagine how it looks on your hand in real life. Totally thrilled for you. Enjoy the heck out of that ring (I know you will)!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Grape~ Thanks so much!

Legacy~ HATERADE!!! I love it!

Softly~ Thanks... some people just lack tact. I really am so thrilled thanks for noticing!
3.gif

DS2006~ I don''t think I knew you were a fan! He wrote a fantastic book. Let me know if you decide to get it...

Icekid~ Wow, an all time fav?? Thank you! It''s so neat when someone else loves something that you put a lot into. I really appreciate it!

And again to everyone who has chimed in positively to this thread. THANK YOU! It means a ton to have so much support here, and for everyone to share in everyone else''s joy. Y''all are fantastic!

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
CR - I can't stop staring at your ring
30.gif
It's just so gorgeous. I've been trying to see where he put the sizing insert, but can't really notice it in the pics you posted. And would you mind sharing the ballpark price for your setting? I know in a previous post, you mentioned that he'd never done a setting like yours and wasn't even able to give you a quote.

- Melanie

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off topic: I ordered the book and look forward to reading it! Maybe we can start a book discussion thread for those who have read the book in a few weeks. It is one that I ordered to take on vacation to the beach in a couple of weeks!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 3:56:39 PM
Author: Melanie611
CR - I can''t stop staring at your ring
30.gif
It''s just so gorgeous. I''ve been trying to see where he put the sizing insert, but can''t really notice it in the pics you posted. And would you mind sharing the ballpark price for your setting? I know in a previous post, you mentioned that he''d never done a setting like yours and wasn''t even able to give you a quote.

- Melanie
Hey Melanie! Thanks so much for all the compliments!
The sizing insert is what the hold up was all about with me posting the pics of the ring. I did ask for it to be put in, and I did have it in writing, and I did confirm it with him. I did not receive a ring with an insert in it. Problem, yes! The ring is to die for and I think the pics do a decent job of showing that, but no, I did not get exactly what I wanted from Leon and there are def some hard feelings involved.The aesthetics are exactly what I wanted, actually they are even better then I expected. It is the functionality of the ring that was compromised.
I did receive a written promise from him that if the time came to size the ring he would do it a minimal cost. I am not completely satisified with this but the FI wants to let it be. The fight over this with Leon was less than fun.

As for the cost it was just under $10k. He did come in significantly over budget. I guess that was the risk we took in having him do something that he had never done before. And the extra cost was the labor from the extra melee and the melee themselves. It was quoted at 1ct of melee, and we ended up with 412 stones totaling 1.88 cts. Not really even close to the quote. I don''t want to scare you off from having something similar done or working with him, but I think what happened between us and him needs to be shared. Are you considering something similar?

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 5:08:20 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Off topic: I ordered the book and look forward to reading it! Maybe we can start a book discussion thread for those who have read the book in a few weeks. It is one that I ordered to take on vacation to the beach in a couple of weeks!
DS~ I was going to suggest the same thing. Hopefully some others have ordered it too!

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
CR - Did I miss that bit of info while I was staring mesmerized
19.gif
at your ring? What did Leon say when you brought up it up to him??? Like you, I loved the look of a full eternity but was worried about sizing issues. You were actually my inspiration for the sizing insert. Now I'm worried. I got an email from Inna saying my ring was done and they received my check. Unfortunately they didn't have any pictures to show me so I won't know what it looks like until I receive it next week. >

But how does your ring fit you now? Is it slightly loose to allow for adjustment later? I'd be mad too. Still, your ring is sooo beautiful! And 412 diamonds...
31.gif
freak that I am, I would probably try counting them if it were my ring...LOL.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 8:43:06 PM
Author: CrookedRock

Date: 6/9/2008 3:56:39 PM
CR - I can''t stop staring at your ring
30.gif
It''s just so gorgeous. I''ve been trying to see where he put the sizing insert, but can''t really notice it in the pics you posted. And would you mind sharing the ballpark price for your setting? I know in a previous post, you mentioned that he''d never done a setting like yours and wasn''t even able to give you a quote.

- Melanie
Hey Melanie! Thanks so much for all the compliments!
The sizing insert is what the hold up was all about with me posting the pics of the ring. I did ask for it to be put in, and I did have it in writing, and I did confirm it with him. I did not receive a ring with an insert in it. Problem, yes! The ring is to die for and I think the pics do a decent job of showing that, but no, I did not get exactly what I wanted from Leon and there are def some hard feelings involved.The aesthetics are exactly what I wanted, actually they are even better then I expected. It is the functionality of the ring that was compromised.
I did receive a written promise from him that if the time came to size the ring he would do it a minimal cost. I am not completely satisified with this but the FI wants to let it be. The fight over this with Leon was less than fun.

As for the cost it was just under $10k. He did come in significantly over budget. I guess that was the risk we took in having him do something that he had never done before. And the extra cost was the labor from the extra melee and the melee themselves. It was quoted at 1ct of melee, and we ended up with 412 stones totaling 1.88 cts. Not really even close to the quote. I don''t want to scare you off from having something similar done or working with him, but I think what happened between us and him needs to be shared. Are you considering something similar?
The lawyer in me would take over and I would not let that rest... minimal cost my a$$.
20.gif

It did turn out wonderful
5.gif

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Oh....My...

Now, CrookedRock, did you say you had to DRIVE somewhere?????

I''m dying to know how you can possibly drive!!! I''d end myself up over a guardrail from staring at my own HAND if that BYOOT was sitting on it!!!!

I''m sorry to hear about the Leon debacle. Although ITA that it''s an instand masterpiece. Seriously, looks like your FI yanked a star right out of the sky and there it is on your hand! Gorgeous!!!!! Wear it in the very best of health, and I wish you so much happiness with the upcoming wedding.

The little
11.gif
in me wants to know what the dramatic step-sis did. heh heh heh!!!

Congratulations on your engagement. He''s a lucky boy
36.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2008 9:14:06 AM
CR - Did I miss that bit of info while I was staring mesmerized
19.gif
at your ring? What did Leon say when you brought up it up to him??? Like you, I loved the look of a full eternity but was worried about sizing issues. You were actually my inspiration for the sizing insert. Now I''m worried. I got an email from Inna saying my ring was done and they received my check. Unfortunately they didn''t have any pictures to show me so I won''t know what it looks like until I receive it next week. <<Crosses fingers>>

But how does your ring fit you now? Is it slightly loose to allow for adjustment later? I''d be mad too. Still, your ring is sooo beautiful! And 412 diamonds...
31.gif
freak that I am, I would probably try counting them if it were my ring...LOL.
Did you get a sizing insert??

My ring right now fits alright. Depends on the weather and how much wine I had the day before...
3.gif

Not loose enough to put a small insert in though...
Oh and I will count them, I just don''t have a loupe yet!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Legacy! Trust me... I tried to get one involved.. FI said NO...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results