-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@-Asscher-,
I think if I had to narrow my choices to 3, I’d list them this way:

1.58HVVS2
1.50FVVS1
1.57GVS1

I still think looking into the 1.65SI1 diamond is worth it; if the inclusion against the windmill is eye clean, it may be in the running!
Quite a competition we have, here!! :lol-2:

These all are beautiful! Tight competition for sure!!!
:mrgreen2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8A467BF1-3E2F-4065-9700-48E3E654C307.jpeg
I saw H color diamonds at the diamond store and it is still look white as you said.
Your EC it’s totally gorgeous:love::love::love:
Hoping some day I can afford one EC too!!!

What do you think of this picture ?
Is it look yellow?
This is K color

Thank you so much for the compliment!! I love my “Uisce”! :mrgreen2: Another example of pure luck! I was knowledgeable about diamonds, at the time DH & I were searching for my center stone, but not as knowledgeable as I am, now. I was not going to get involved in the search, but he asked me for help with the diamond for fear of making a tremendous mistake (he was clueless...lol!). We were fortunate enough to have a local jeweler who came through with some comparison EC’s, and we were able to look with our eyes, and under microscope. My examination was all by naked eye, HE got to look under microscope. We were VERY fortunate with my EC; the price was PERFECT due to her (undeserved) low Clarity Grade (SI2). I was nervous about her stats on paper, so I did a LOT of research, and I joined this forum because I needed to know this purchase wasn’t “too good to be true”. Turns out, it wasn’t, and we were VERY fortunate. Since we got married, I have had opportunity to examine my EC under magnification, and compare it with other EC’s with similar stats (and “better”). Amazingly, my EC is actually more clear, and an all around better quality diamond by comparison than the VS clarity grade comparison diamonds. It also has superior cut, but, oddly enough was only given G/G grades on polish & symmetry. Another baffling, but extremely fortunate characteristic of my EC. We got an amazing deal on my stone! The more I learn, and discover about my diamond, the more pleased I am that she has such an “unfavorable” Certificate. It just goes to show: you CANNOT judge a diamond by its Certificate!! There are some really quality diamonds out there that look terrible on paper!
This only proves, after talking to myself, and others like @whitewave, who purchased her Asscher blindly, that “unicorns” really do exist.
From what I can see, without examination with naked eye, 1.65SI1 is a gorgeous stone, and, like my EC, likely doesn’t deserve her low Clarity Grade. This is why I encourage you to investigate, further. @scarsmum is right: it’s beautiful, and unique!
If that rock turns out to not be negatively impacted by the inclusion along the windmill (which is actually really neat, to me-reminds me of a birth mark), that’s extremely fortunate, and I would encourage you to consider it, along with the other 3! It would be an amazing deal, and leave you more budget left over for your setting (assuming you will be purchasing a new setting). Fingers crossed it performs like a champion!! :mrgreen2:
As for the K (above), it looks VERY white! I’m sure it has a beautiful, smooth undertone of creamy, or buttery yellow/champagne, in different lighting environments. I’d love to see that stone in person! It looks extremely clear, and crisp! In that photo, it doesn’t appear to be a K.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An antique cut diamond sound great too!
Never see any IRL.
Antique Asscher from Yoram :)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BiPWtJwBaCf/?taken-by=gemconcepts

8A467BF1-3E2F-4065-9700-48E3E654C307.jpeg
I saw H color diamonds at the diamond store and it is still look white as you said.
Your EC it’s totally gorgeous:love::love::love:
Hoping some day I can afford one EC too!!!

What do you think of this picture ?
Is it look yellow?
This is K color
I don't think we can accurately judge colour from photographs - they are too easily influenced by camera setttings, any processing at the seller's end, and then your screen settings!

That said, I shall ignore that and post a link to this picture that @uyalison posted the other day :lol:

I think it's a great comparison that shows the range between H and K, both face-up and face-down / from the side :)
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-this-hpd-cbi-diamond.240555/#post-4334029 (and also the post a couple below that one)

I'm not sure which is which in that picture but, whichever is which, you know that what looks most tinted should be accurate for a K, and what looks least tinted should be accurate for an H!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the compliment!! I love my “Uisce”! :mrgreen2: Another example of pure luck! I was knowledgeable about diamonds, at the time DH & I were searching for my center stone, but not as knowledgeable as I am, now. I was not going to get involved in the search, but he asked me for help with the diamond for fear of making a tremendous mistake (he was clueless...lol!). We were fortunate enough to have a local jeweler who came through with some comparison EC’s, and we were able to look with our eyes, and under microscope. My examination was all by naked eye, HE got to look under microscope. We were VERY fortunate with my EC; the price was PERFECT due to her (undeserved) low Clarity Grade (SI2). I was nervous about her stats on paper, so I did a LOT of research, and I joined this forum because I needed to know this purchase wasn’t “too good to be true”. Turns out, it wasn’t, and we were VERY fortunate. Since we got married, I have had opportunity to examine my EC under magnification, and compare it with other EC’s with similar stats (and “better”). Amazingly, my EC is actually more clear, and an all around better quality diamond by comparison than the VS clarity grade comparison diamonds. It also has superior cut, but, oddly enough was only given G/G grades on polish & symmetry. Another baffling, but extremely fortunate characteristic of my EC. We got an amazing deal on my stone! The more I learn, and discover about my diamond, the more pleased I am that she has such an “unfavorable” Certificate. It just goes to show: you CANNOT judge a diamond by its Certificate!! There are some really quality diamonds out there that look terrible on paper!
This only proves, after talking to myself, and others like @whitewave, who purchased her Asscher blindly, that “unicorns” really do exist.
From what I can see, without examination with naked eye, 1.65SI1 is a gorgeous stone, and, like my EC, likely doesn’t deserve her low Clarity Grade. This is why I encourage you to investigate, further. @scarsmum is right: it’s beautiful, and unique!
If that rock turns out to not be negatively impacted by the inclusion along the windmill (which is actually really neat, to me-reminds me of a birth mark), that’s extremely fortunate, and I would encourage you to consider it, along with the other 3! It would be an amazing deal, and leave you more budget left over for your setting (assuming you will be purchasing a new setting). Fingers crossed it performs like a champion!! :mrgreen2:
As for the K (above), it looks VERY white! I’m sure it has a beautiful, smooth undertone of creamy, or buttery yellow/champagne, in different lighting environments. I’d love to see that stone in person! It looks extremely clear, and crisp! In that photo, it doesn’t appear to be a K.
YOU are indeed VERY fortunate to found your true beauty!
So lucky you had the chance to pick your diamond in person and know for sure what was you’re looking for.
And I’m so glad I got you all here helping me for my searching.

I can’t wait to see the ASET for 1.58 HVVS2.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't think we can accurately judge colour from photographs - they are too easily influenced by camera setttings, any processing at the seller's end, and then your screen settings!

That said, I shall ignore that and post a link to this picture that @uyalison posted the other day :lol:

I think it's a great comparison that shows the range between H and K, both face-up and face-down / from the side :)
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-this-hpd-cbi-diamond.240555/#post-4334029 (and also the post a couple below that one)

I'm not sure which is which in that picture but, whichever is which, you know that what looks most tinted should be accurate for a K, and what looks least tinted should be accurate for an H!

Oh, Yoram’s Antique Cuts are splendid!! I can’t wait to set mine!!! *Drool*....
I know there is a lot of shared excitement about my GemConcepts Antique Asscher Band!! The suspense is killing me, too!! Had some set backs with finances, which is holding up production. Last minute decision (by my son) to attend prom, and our family vehicle broke down. Gotta square all that away, then we can get into the details, and start saving for the creation of my bespoke, one of a kind, ASSCHER band!!! :mrgreen2:
@-Asscher-, you really should consider an Antique Cut Asscher, if you’re considering lower color grades; they are spectacular! Mine are all F/G in color, but antique cuts throw off color differently, and lower colors show differently in antique cuts!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium

OMG Antique Asscher from Yoram is blinding my eyes :love:

After seeing that comparison between H and K I think would be bothers me if I go with K so it’s a good idea just to stay out of it.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh, Yoram’s Antique Cuts are splendid!! I can’t wait to set mine!!! *Drool*....
I know there is a lot of shared excitement about my GemConcepts Antique Asscher Band!! The suspense is killing me, too!! Had some set backs with finances, which is holding up production. Last minute decision (by my son) to attend prom, and our family vehicle broke down. Gotta square all that away, then we can get into the details, and start saving for the creation of my bespoke, one of a kind, ASSCHER band!!! :mrgreen2:
@-Asscher-, you really should consider an Antique Cut Asscher, if you’re considering lower color grades; they are spectacular! Mine are all F/G in color, but antique cuts throw off color differently, and lower colors show differently in antique cuts!

Your one of a kind Antique Asscher Band sounds so yummy to me LOL
You better get that done soon! Can’t wait to see it!!!

I think I would just stick with higher grade color, I’m afraid in long term I will not be happy seeing yellowish color.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Okay I just got the ASET image for 1.58ct H-VVS2
What you all think?

3315BAFD-8DF3-467D-8A1C-4E9AA4143C5D.png

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your one of a kind Antique Asscher Band sounds so yummy to me LOL
You better get that done soon! Can’t wait to see it!!!

I think I would just stick with higher grade color, I’m afraid in long term I will not be happy seeing yellowish color.

No one wants that band to be finished more than I do...lol!! I unlock them, every day, and absorb their beauty, as much as possible! They’re just breathtaking!!
There’s nothing wrong with being color sensitive; better to know NOW, rather than AFTER your purchase is final. That just adds confusion, and inconvenience into a situation that is supposed to be pleasant, and relatively, stress-free. Perhaps, one day, you will care to venture down the lower-colored, Antique Cut Road. They are so different, and absolutely beautiful, in their own way. Everyone’s taste & preferences are different, which is what makes this community so special. :mrgreen2:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay I just got the ASET image for 1.58ct H-VVS2
What you all think?

3315BAFD-8DF3-467D-8A1C-4E9AA4143C5D.png

To be honest, this is a tough one, for me. It falls between “Above Average”, and “Optimal”, when comparing it to the sample chart. However, the light green box around the center of the stone troubles me. It could be tilt/angle, or it could be that the center is not as bright...which will be extremely disappointing. In the video, it appeared to light up, beautifully. Determining anything from this image is quite difficult. I know how adverse you are to purchasing a stone, and examining it in person, and possibly returning it, but that may be your best method in order to find the one that speaks to you. I’d hate for you to pass on what could be a potential perfect stone for you because a static photo doesn’t meet expectations, yet performs well on video & looks stellar on paper.
This diamond should not be discounted, but investigated...in person.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
No one wants that band to be finished more than I do...lol!! I unlock them, every day, and absorb their beauty, as much as possible! They’re just breathtaking!!
There’s nothing wrong with being color sensitive; better to know NOW, rather than AFTER your purchase is final. That just adds confusion, and inconvenience into a situation that is supposed to be pleasant, and relatively, stress-free. Perhaps, one day, you will care to venture down the lower-colored, Antique Cut Road. They are so different, and absolutely beautiful, in their own way. Everyone’s taste & preferences are different, which is what makes this community so special. :mrgreen2:

I know for sure how that feeling!!! I would do the same thing if were me:P2

I would love to see in person this Antique Cut :)) who knows that will be my next project after my Asscher.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
To be honest, this is a tough one, for me. It falls between “Above Average”, and “Optimal”, when comparing it to the sample chart. However, the light green box around the center of the stone troubles me. It could be tilt/angle, or it could be that the center is not as bright...which will be extremely disappointing. In the video, it appeared to light up, beautifully. Determining anything from this image is quite difficult. I know how adverse you are to purchasing a stone, and examining it in person, and possibly returning it, but that may be your best method in order to find the one that speaks to you. I’d hate for you to pass on what could be a potential perfect stone for you because a static photo doesn’t meet expectations, yet performs well on video & looks stellar on paper.
This diamond should not be discounted, but investigated...in person.

I know this is tough choice!!!
David and Karl found something for me and will get more detail on Monday so I have decided to wait what they got and will go from there.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this is tough choice!!!
David and Karl found something for me and will get more detail on Monday so I have decided to wait what they got and will go from there.

:appl:WONDERFUL!!!! Please keep us posted!!!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,
Update about the stone David and Karl got for me.
The stone is beautiful but for some reason doesn’t speak to me so I decided to pass on that one.

I found one that maybe will be the one for me, the specs meets my standards the only one my concerned the comments on the certificate says
“Clarity Grade is based on clouds that are not shown”
I’ve read this can be a big chance for a diamond look hazy or milky and the vendor confirmed this diamond looks great with no sign of hazy or milky.
So I’m hoping I can get lucky with this one.
Will come back and update again soon!!!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
0E9AE153-5D83-45CA-A349-D49E5C3521D5.jpeg Hi @Matthews1127, @OoohShiny and everyone,
I decided last minute yesterday to go with 1.98ct D-SI1.
Was concerned about the comments on the cert and a little bit over my budget but I want to see it in person how it look. Was shipped late yesterday so here it is!
I didn’t see anything at all using 10x loupe and under microscope, super clean!!!
What you all think?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
0E9AE153-5D83-45CA-A349-D49E5C3521D5.jpeg Hi @Matthews1127, @OoohShiny and everyone,
Was concerned about the comments on the cert and a little bit over my budget but I want to see it in person how it look. Was shipped late yesterday so here it is!
I didn’t see anything at all using 10x loupe and under microscope, super clean!!!
What you all think?

I think it looks great, get an appraiser to give it the once over just to be sure, if it checks out.

Last edited:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What you all think?
Hard to say from a static photo. Do it’s steps light up when it moves? Any spots that always stay dark? Do you like thin windmills vs thick ones? How’s the crown size and height?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the faceting :) and underneath the table looks very clean!

Is it graded with a report that includes an inclusions plot?

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hard to say from a static photo. Do it’s steps light up when it moves? Any spots that always stay dark? Do you like thin windmills vs thick ones? How’s the crown size and height?
The steps light up when it moves. I think I saw one tiny spot is dark on windmill area. I like thick but thin is nice too. I can have one each :P2
Crown and height not sure, is it mean table and depth? LOL I only know table is 63% and depth is 67%

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like the faceting :) and underneath the table looks very clean!

Is it graded with a report that includes an inclusions plot?

THe plot only have 1 tiny inclusion but I can’t find it yet. I used my loupe but can’t see it.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@-Asscher-,
I cannot comment on a photo alone, outside of telling you that it appears eye clean from that angle.
I agree with taking it to get appraised for confirmation; always best to be safe than sorry.
Does it have a certificate? If so, from which lab? Did the vendor provide a video that you can share with us?
Honestly, the best eyes to examine this diamond are YOURS. You will be the one wearing it, and purchasing it. You know what you like, and you know what you’re looking for.
If this is the stone that concerned you because of the comments regarding clouds causing haziness, that photo appears clean & crisp. Again, difficult to comment on a static photo. I know you said your vendor assured you there was no milky or hazy appearance or obstruction. The fact that you have louped it, and you can’t find any glaring imperfections, and it looks clear to your eyes under magnification, is reassuring.
Once you get confirmation from an appraiser, you’ll have your answers. At that point, you’ll have to decide whether or not you want to pull the trigger & give her a forever home.
I’m excited for you, and anticipate an update, later this week! Fingers crossed this is your “Unicorn”!!
Please keep us posted! :mrgreen2:

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@-Asscher-,
I cannot comment on a photo alone, outside of telling you that it appears eye clean from that angle.
I agree with taking it to get appraised for confirmation; always best to be safe than sorry.
Does it have a certificate? If so, from which lab? Did the vendor provide a video that you can share with us?
Honestly, the best eyes to examine this diamond are YOURS. You will be the one wearing it, and purchasing it. You know what you like, and you know what you’re looking for.
If this is the stone that concerned you because of the comments regarding clouds causing haziness, that photo appears clean & crisp. Again, difficult to comment on a static photo. I know you said your vendor assured you there was no milky or hazy appearance or obstruction. The fact that you have louped it, and you can’t find any glaring imperfections, and it looks clear to your eyes under magnification, is reassuring.
Once you get confirmation from an appraiser, you’ll have your answers. At that point, you’ll have to decide whether or not you want to pull the trigger & give her a forever home.
I’m excited for you, and anticipate an update, later this week! Fingers crossed this is your “Unicorn”!!
Please keep us posted! :mrgreen2:
Came with GIA certificate.
I took it to 2 local diamond store yesterday and they said doesn’t have sign of hazy or milky.
Anyone can tell me where I can get appraiser in Maryland area?
This is a short video I took yesterday, please excuse the background noise:mrgreen2:
Asscher Cut Diamond

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Came with GIA certificate.
I took it to 2 local diamond store yesterday and they said doesn’t have sign of hazy or milky.
Anyone can tell me where I can get appraiser in Maryland area?
This is a short video I took yesterday, please excuse the background noise:mrgreen2:
Asscher Cut Diamond
Gorgeous!!! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results