shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Cut search, help!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Indeed, but I have another way of looking at it. Us older ladies can get away with bigger rocks....:lol:
Hahahaha so true!!!
Hard for me to get to bigger rocks when I’m just start now with 1 carat Hahahaha
Will take me forever...!!!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
They don’t have for number 3 ASET’s
1.40ct F-VS2 :(2

They have to put request for it and will email me in couple of days.

Last edited:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C7F6F24E-B230-411B-8F84-746355320268.png BTW I’m connecting with JA right now not sure if this the right way but here so far... waiting for answer

This is great!!! Please keep us posted!! Don’t be afraid to reach out to Karl, while you’re waiting for JA’s ASETs!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@-Asscher-

Compare your images to these, as a tool....
They won’t be EXACT, but you’ll be able to tell if they need to be eliminated, based upon comparison...
5EE8D49F-AD7B-4528-B977-AF00F9DD74FB.png

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between the two, I think the 1.38DVVS2 is a better image. 1.57GVS1 seems to have more light leakage, to my eyes.
Anyone else have any input?

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@-Asscher-

Compare your images to these, as a tool....
They won’t be EXACT, but you’ll be able to tell if they need to be eliminated, based upon comparison...
5EE8D49F-AD7B-4528-B977-AF00F9DD74FB.png
Thank you! This is great, very helpful for tool.
From Very Good - Above Averege and Best - Excellent from left to the right means all the way to the right is the better?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! This is great, very helpful for tool.
From Very Good - Above Averege and Best - Excellent from left to the right means all the way to the right is the better?

It means the whole row fits what could be considered “poor”, “above average”, and “optimal”. Each is an example of what falls into each category.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Between the two, I think the 1.38DVVS2 is a better image. 1.57GVS1 seems to have more light leakage, to my eyes.
Light leakage is it the black spot in the middle?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
B252E26D-2F69-4CC8-97F7-ED6A35BEB7CD.jpeg @OoohShiny,
You mentioned 1.57ct seems to have the hall of mirrors ( I like that very much ) is it because have more pavilion?
On this screenshot the bottom one look very similar but on 1.57’s cert ( the plot ) only 4 pavilion.
The 'hall of mirrors' effect is down to the facets and how they interact - if they interact correctly, they reflect light in a way that makes it look like the stone goes down deep into itself. It is not a common effect (at least I haven't seen many with it) - it must be quite hard to design in the cutting phase!

I'm not mad on the first one but I like the 1.12 :)

It’s beautiful. Smaller/lighter wt. You will notice a difference in spread, for sure. I’ll show you my concern: A9332CAC-4390-4629-96D6-DEF0B6D9C6C1.png
See the center? Look at the dark square that encircles the culet of the diamond. That sends up red flags. I’d confirm with a ASET before going near that diamond that there is no light leakage; it appears dark & dingy. The rest of the stone lights up well, but that section could throw the balance off, and make the diamond dull.

I am going to be contrary here ;-) lol - I think the dark square shouldn't be an issue, because (if I understand things correctly) it is showing obstruction created by the camera itself, so when on the finger, it would either create some dark contrast to the viewer when their head is looking at it, or if viewed from further afield (where the viewer's head does not take up so much of the light available) it would show either bright light return or the colours of whatever it is reflecting.

At least I think that's correct! If I have got it right, it should come back with some blue on the ASET image in those areas - let's see what comes back! :)

Light leakage is it the black spot in the middle?
Hmm, that is an interesting ASET on the 1.57 - thank you for posting! :) Looking at it side by side with the video, what I think are the P2 facets on the side laying on the surface are not super-active, which would seem to accord with the areas of leakage (white) on the ASET, and perhaps the same facets on each side are showing some 'tilt-windowing' at some angles, but then they are also showing good light return at other angles! I still like the overall 'feel' and I'm wondering if it would have good 'visual interest' in real life - I am conflicted between science (the ASET) and my feelings about it :lol: LoL

This is a situation that @Rockdiamond would likely say 'trust your eyes', as I know he has posted before about ASET images not being the be-all and end-all of diamond assessment!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh.... the 1.57ct reminds me of my stone. Love the cut of this and the 1.38ct too.

If I recall correctly, the ASET came out horribly, and it wasn’t until I used a black background that one could see that there was actually a very decent amount of red/green showing.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The 'hall of mirrors' effect is down to the facets and how they interact - if they interact correctly, they reflect light in a way that makes it look like the stone goes down deep into itself. It is not a common effect (at least I haven't seen many with it) - it must be quite hard to design in the cutting phase!

I'm not mad on the first one but I like the 1.12 :)

I am going to be contrary here ;-) lol - I think the dark square shouldn't be an issue, because (if I understand things correctly) it is showing obstruction created by the camera itself, so when on the finger, it would either create some dark contrast to the viewer when their head is looking at it, or if viewed from further afield (where the viewer's head does not take up so much of the light available) it would show either bright light return or the colours of whatever it is reflecting.

At least I think that's correct! If I have got it right, it should come back with some blue on the ASET image in those areas - let's see what comes back! :)

Hmm, that is an interesting ASET on the 1.57 - thank you for posting! :) Looking at it side by side with the video, what I think are the P2 facets on the side laying on the surface are not super-active, which would seem to accord with the areas of leakage (white) on the ASET, and perhaps the same facets on each side are showing some 'tilt-windowing' at some angles, but then they are also showing good light return at other angles! I still like the overall 'feel' and I'm wondering if it would have good 'visual interest' in real life - I am conflicted between science (the ASET) and my feelings about it :lol: LoL

This is a situation that @Rockdiamond would likely say 'trust your eyes', as I know he has posted before about ASET images not being the be-all and end-all of diamond assessment!

Hi there,
1.57ct G-VS1 indeed is beautiful with her hall of mirrors look!
I got what you mean thank you for the explanation.

Both 1.21ct D-VVS2 and 1.12ct D-VVS2 Is beautiful, can I ask the ASET from this website too?

I just request the ASET for 1.03ct E-IF, the person who answer my question said this one didn’t came with ASET, have to purchase the stone to have it.:(

About 1.57ct G-VS1 ASET’s I’m still learning so if anyone else would give more opinion please do?!

Last edited:

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
0DDB6A02-81EB-4FD7-B734-0CC0D1BC5CD6.png Here what they said about 1.03ct E-IF

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oooh.... the 1.57ct reminds me of my stone. Love the cut of this and the 1.38ct too.

If I recall correctly, the ASET came out horribly, and it wasn’t until I used a black background that one could see that there was actually a very decent amount of red/green showing.

Do you have any input regards this two?

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you have any input regards this two?

I prefer the 1.57ct for the wider windmills and facet patterning that reminds me of royal asschers. I find the additional layers of facets really help give that “looking down the well” effect. It’s mesmerizing. Iirc, it’s also a larger stone, so it has that too. lol

The 1.38ct has a smaller table, which I lean towards and the ASET shows more red, which favors strong light return. The image appears tilted to me, so I suspect the left side that’s showing blue contrast would also appear red if it were taken straight on.

I would agree with those who suggest you trust your eyes and ask yourself - which would you be most disappointed to not to get?

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I prefer the 1.57ct for the wider windmills and facet patterning that reminds me of royal asschers. I find the additional layers of facets really help give that “looking down the well” effect. It’s mesmerizing. Iirc, it’s also a larger stone, so it has that too. lol

The 1.38ct has a smaller table, which I lean towards and the ASET shows more red, which favors strong light return. The image appears tilted to me, so I suspect the left side that’s showing blue contrast would also appear red if it were taken straight on.

I would agree with those who suggest you trust your eyes and ask yourself - which would you be most disappointed to not to get?
It’s hard to make decision!
From the picture of the diamond I like 1.57 and basic from the ASET I like 1.38 LOL
I will wait from the other ASET hopefully sometime today.

I want to ask you all about Fluorescence, if diamond with faint fluorescence is it mostly will look milky?

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s hard to make decision!
From the picture of the diamond I like 1.57 and basic from the ASET I like 1.38 LOL
I will wait from the other ASET hopefully sometime today.

I want to ask you all about Fluorescence, if diamond with faint fluorescence is it mostly will look milky?

It is a tough decision. Hopefully the third ASET will easily rule it the one or out so it doesn’t complicate it further.

Faint fluorescence shouldn’t cause milkiness. That is an effect that may occur with strong or very strong fluoro stones, and even then, rarely so.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1 to Fluorescence not a risk unless in Strong or Very Strong :)

You should choose the stone that calls to your heart - if you decide with your head, you will never truly love the stone. The good thing about JA (and the other pricescope-recommended vendors) is that if you get it and don't like it, you can send it back, so don't be afraid!

Of course, if none of them are truly calling to you, you can just say 'thank you - but no, thank you' and walk away. There are always new stones coming on to the market!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you remain truly undecided, here’s a thought - can you have both stones sent to you to compare in person? I had a similar challenge when I was shopping for a cushion stone and ended up ordering three at the same time! lol. This way you can judge the stones irl, and I think it will also eliminate the potential question, down the line, whether you should have chosen the other.

I don’t recall if you’re planning to have JA set the stone or do that elsewhere. If the former, you’ll just need to keep in mind sending stones back and forth cuts into the return period.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It is a tough decision. Hopefully the third ASET will easily rule it the one or out so it doesn’t complicate it further.

Faint fluorescence shouldn’t cause milkiness. That is an effect that may occur with strong or very strong fluoro stones, and even then, rarely so.
I really can’t wait for the other ASET!

That’s good to know with faint fluorescence is still good.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
6B2BCF72-7118-45B1-A683-9D9BDDE4AFC2.jpeg
+1 to Fluorescence not a risk unless in Strong or Very Strong :)

You should choose the stone that calls to your heart - if you decide with your head, you will never truly love the stone. The good thing about JA (and the other pricescope-recommended vendors) is that if you get it and don't like it, you can send it back, so don't be afraid!

Of course, if none of them are truly calling to you, you can just say 'thank you - but no, thank you' and walk away. There are always new stones coming on to the market!
So glad to see you again here!!!
Thank you for coming back and helping me.

The reason I asked about faint fluorescence is because I found one that I like the specs but no picture and seller don’t have the ASET, have to purchase in order the get the ASET.
What you all think?

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If you remain truly undecided, here’s a thought - can you have both stones sent to you to compare in person? I had a similar challenge when I was shopping for a cushion stone and ended up ordering three at the same time! lol. This way you can judge the stones irl, and I think it will also eliminate the potential question, down the line, whether you should have chosen the other.

I don’t recall if you’re planning to have JA set the stone or do that elsewhere. If the former, you’ll just need to keep in mind sending stones back and forth cuts into the return period.

The problems is I get very stressful with sending stones back and forth.

I still undecided for setting right now. Will get to it when I find my “Unicorn”

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks for the shout out ooh!!!
I have indeed found that ASET images can be extremely misleading on step cuts in particular.
Motion makes a HUGE difference in light performance- especially in step cuts.
ASET tell us how the diamond is using the light in a static position. It's certainly not "intuitive" to relate this to real life performance.
Another issue is that given we can compare ASETs, it's natural to make a chart which purports to tell us which is "good" and which are "bad"
In my experience, such charts can be very really misleading to the uninitiated.
There's a lot of opinion involved- particularly in the case of step cut diamonds.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the shout out ooh!!!
I have indeed found that ASET images can be extremely misleading on step cuts in particular.
Motion makes a HUGE difference in light performance- especially in step cuts.
ASET tell us how the diamond is using the light in a static position. It's certainly not "intuitive" to relate this to real life performance.
Another issue is that given we can compare ASETs, it's natural to make a chart which purports to tell us which is "good" and which are "bad"
In my experience, such charts can be very really misleading to the uninitiated.
There's a lot of opinion involved- particularly in the case of step cut diamonds.

Hi @Rockdiamond,
Thank you for stopping by!
Would you give some your input for these diamonds
Please?

1.57ct G-VS1
https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...ut/1.57-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-sku-3413599

1.38ct D-VVS2
https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...t/1.38-carat-d-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-3273169

1.40ct F-VS2
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/asscher-cut/1.40-carat-f-color-vs2-clarity-sku-3635505

1.21ct D-VVS2
https://www.pricescope.com/diamonds/asscher/1_21-carat-d-color-vvs2-clarity-4742729

1.12ct D-VVS2
https://www.pricescope.com/diamonds/asscher/1_12-carat-d-color-vvs2-clarity-5081376

1.03ct E-IF
https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...cut/1.03-carat-e-color-if-clarity-sku-4247415

1.71ct D-SI1
https://www.b2cjewels.com/dd/705558...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
-Asscher-
Thank you!
As a vendor myself ( you should see that in my signature), I am not allowed to comment on stones being offered by other sellers.
But even if that was not the case, I would need to have a diamond in hand to make an accurate, fair assessment.
By the way, no one else can accurately assess based on pics/ASETs
The kind folks here are as good at it as anyone I've ever seen- and in fact, it's likely I'd agree with their assessments in many cases.
But any professional would need to personally examine a diamond to accurately assess it, and offer an informed opinion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results