Asscher Cut search, help!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5C6B97DC-231C-4B6D-B46A-F28481F7E8A3.jpeg
I like wide windmill, for table I have to look again because I still can’t tell what is the difference for small and larger look like.
About 3,4 and 5 pavilion, the appearance will look like this on the picture?

I like the look like have many steps, more deeper toward the middle.
But on the picture the 5 pavilion look a little busy to me so im confused! LOL

Then 3 or 4 pavilion facets should be the focus. If 5 pavilion facets seem confusing, it’s best to stick with what your eyes enjoy.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Then 3 or 4 pavilion facets should be the focus. If 5 pavilion facets seem confusing, it’s best to stick with what your eyes enjoy.
Yes will stay with 3 and 4 pavilion.
Did every 5 pavilion facets look busy like that?
Kind of cool and to me more look like Royal Asscher because all the facets =)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful. Smaller/lighter wt. You will notice a difference in spread, for sure. I’ll show you my concern: A9332CAC-4390-4629-96D6-DEF0B6D9C6C1.png
See the center? Look at the dark square that encircles the culet of the diamond. That sends up red flags. I’d confirm with a ASET before going near that diamond that there is no light leakage; it appears dark & dingy. The rest of the stone lights up well, but that section could throw the balance off, and make the diamond dull. Asschers face up smaller than rounds, and don’t seem to have the same “coverage” appeal. In this diamond, you’re paying premium for the IF clarity grade & colorless grade of the stone. That doesn’t Make it a better diamond, and it pushes this diamond to the lower Carat wt of the scale for your budget. There are so many beautiful Asschers, under your max budget, with greater spread, and better cut, which gives you more for your money.
A tremendous resource, and vendor at DBL, @Karl_K, may be able to help to source an Asscher for you. He is an expert in step-cuts, and I have learned a great deal from him. He has shared his knowledge, articles of vast information, and his humor with me, and he has been invaluable to me. He cannot comment on another vendor’s inventory, but he CAN work with you, as a customer. Reach out to him: Karl Keith.
http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/
If ANYONE can find you the Asscher of your dreams, HE can!
Karl & Yoram (mentioned, earlier) collaborated to design and cut the Octavia Asscher Diamond. The only vendors you’ll find around here, who carry the Octavia, are Yoram, DBL (because of Karl), and another Singapore-based vendor, not often mentioned, here, on PS. I’m not pushing the Octavia, just simply giving you an idea of the knowledge base Karl has regarding your favorite cut Diamond.
Please contact him & let us know if you have any success!! He really is wonderful!
**As a side note, you can mention that I sent you. He should remember me...lol!! Karl is good people, and I have no doubt he’ll find you what you’re looking for, and good quality. If he knows you’re from PS, he’ll most certainly fight to find you “PS quality”. Please send my regards!!

Last edited:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, that's a great suggestion contacting Karl at DBL, you'd be in the very best hands -Asscher- as Karl, under his pseudonym strmrdr here, was the man at the very start of Asscher education and finding the best out of what's available.

If you do contact him though bear in mind he can only discuss any particular diamonds with you through DBL privately and not on the forums. Nothing wrong with giving him a shout out when it's done though if he can come up with something!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful. Smaller/lighter wt. You will notice a difference in spread, for sure. I’ll show you my concern: A9332CAC-4390-4629-96D6-DEF0B6D9C6C1.png
See the center? Look at the dark square that encircles the culet of the diamond. That sends up red flags. I’d confirm with a ASET before going near that diamond that there is no light leakage; it appears dark & dingy. The rest of the stone lights up well, but that section could throw the balance off, and make the diamond dull. Asschers face up smaller than rounds, and don’t seem to have the same “coverage” appeal. In this diamond, you’re paying premium for the IF clarity grade & colorless grade of the stone. That doesn’t Make it a better diamond, and it pushes this diamond to the lower Carat wt of the scale for your budget. There are so many beautiful Asschers, under your max budget, with greater spread, and better cut, which gives you more for your money.
A tremendous resource, and vendor at DBL, @Karl_K, may be able to help to source an Asscher for you. He is an expert in step-cuts, and I have learned a great deal from him. He has shared his knowledge, articles of vast information, and his humor with me, and he has been invaluable to me. He cannot comment on another vendor’s inventory, but he CAN work with you, as a customer. Reach out to him: Karl Keith.
Karl & Yoram (mentioned, earlier) collaborated to design and cut the Octavia Asscher Diamond. The only vendors you’ll find around here, who carry the Octavia, are Yoram, DBL (because of Karl), and another Singapore-based vendor, not often mentioned, here, on PS. I’m not pushing the Octavia, just simply giving you an idea of the knowledge base Karl has regarding your favorite cut Diamond.
Please contact him & let us know if you have any success!! He really is wonderful!
I learn a lot from you as well and from other here that been so helpful.
I will wait from JA for the other three and I will try reach out to Karl as well. =)2

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Actually, that's a great suggestion contacting Karl at DBL, you'd be in the very best hands -Asscher- as Karl, under his pseudonym strmrdr here, was the man at the very start of Asscher education and finding the best out of what's available.

If you do contact him though bear in mind he can only discuss any particular diamonds with you through DBL privately and not on the forums. Nothing wrong with giving him a shout out when it's done though if he can come up with something!
Okay, will do!
When I contact him through DBL do I need to request him or he will be the only person who respond back to me without mention his name?
I’m sorry, this is all new to me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, will do!
When I contact him through DBL do I need to request him or he will be the only person who respond back to me without mention his name?
I’m sorry, this is all new to me.

Just ask for him, he's absolutely lovely and one of my all time favourite people - and that says a lot! He is THE Asscher guru and you won't go wrong with him, you won't be sorry!

Just put for the attention of Karl in your email title, it should reach him.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just ask for him, he's absolutely lovely and one of my all time favourite people - and that says a lot! He is THE Asscher guru and you won't go wrong with him, you won't be sorry!

Just put for the attention of Karl in your email title, it should reach him.
Okay thanks!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
**As a side note, you can mention that I sent you. He should remember me...lol!! Karl is good people, and I have no doubt he’ll find you what you’re looking for, and good quality. If he knows you’re from PS, he’ll most certainly fight to find you “PS quality”. Please send my regards!!
Okay!
One of my biggest worry is that my English not so good. If you notice when I reply to each of you mostly is very shorts its because I got hard time to explain more.
I have so much more to say, comment and question but worried that I can’t really do good when typing.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay!
One of my biggest worry is that my English not so good. If you notice when I reply to each of you mostly is very shorts its because I got hard time to explain more.
I have so much more to say, comment and question but worried that I can’t really do good when typing.

Asscher, please don't worry, no one is bothered about that and your English is actually excellent! I understand you just fine, have confidence no one's going to care if you make a mistake. Say what you want to say and take your time, we're a really nice crowd here!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought mine blind from Blue Nile. It is:
1.52 carat

G color

VS1 (nothing on the middle face of the diamond)

Very good symmetry

Excellent polish

69.7% depth

62% table

6.35mm x 6.15mm x 4.29 mm

I have to go back and read from the beginning, but just wanted to throw it out there that I bought the first one I ever saw lol. It’s gorgeous. I have a video on IG name yatcube (lol don’t ask)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:geek:
Hi Lorelei,

Thank you for the link, I just ordered one :))
Yesterday one asscher just arrived so I go look and the stone looks okay to me.
They order 3 stone for me, one already overpriced and the other two more way overpriced.
When I take a look the stone with my loupe they look each other makes me uncomfortable and when I asked them some more detail questions they said to me “since you see the stone in person no need to worry about the detail, the stone is nice and look sparkle that’s all it matters” and that is not what I expected to be!!!
Now I feel this just not gonna workout good with them. I think I should just look online instead.

Be warned, it is very very tricky/hard to get a good ASET of an asscher.

@Karl_K

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscher, please don't worry, no one is bothered about that and your English is actually excellent! I understand you just fine, have confidence no one's going to care if you make a mistake. Say what you want to say and take your time, we're a really nice crowd here!
^——THIS!! I’m following along without difficulty! We just want to help! In this case, the more you tell us, the more we can try to help you! Just do your best; we’ll figure it out!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^——THIS!! I’m following along without difficulty! We just want to help! In this case, the more you tell us, the more we can try to help you! Just do your best; we’ll figure it out!

Absolutely right!:appl: I wish I could speak another language well, all I have is schoolgirl French and I can get the gist of German conversation in a pinch but only bits. A language is something I want to do but there's never time with everything going on.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you for understanding!
I live in US not very long and when I came here I can’t speak English at all!
I only learn by listen and talking to people so when it come to read and writing it’s more challenge for me
LOL

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought mine blind from Blue Nile. It is:
1.52 carat

G color

VS1 (nothing on the middle face of the diamond)

Very good symmetry

Excellent polish

69.7% depth

62% table

6.35mm x 6.15mm x 4.29 mm

I have to go back and read from the beginning, but just wanted to throw it out there that I bought the first one I ever saw lol. It’s gorgeous. I have a video on IG name yatcube (lol don’t ask)
Lol
That’s me! Shopping mine blind and know nothing about what I’m getting LOL
First time I ever know about Asscher Cut was when I saw on Etsy when I was looking for vintage ring on January. 3 months after I never think I will be so in love with Asscher Cut diamond.
The seller where I bought my asscher can do upgrade but I really love the asscher I got now and if doing upgrade means I will have to say goodbye to the one I got now. As I said I don’t know how good or how bad the asscher I got now because I can’t tell for sure if there any leakage and more detail ( I’m hoping someone here can tell me more about the stone I own now so at least I can learn more from it and can know better ) but I feel she’s my first love so I’m not ready to upgrade her instead now I’m just looking another one to go a little bigger if that possible.

Your asscher is gorgeous
You do great job and so lucky to found your beauty!!!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Be warned, it is very very tricky/hard to get a good ASET of an asscher.

@Karl_K
I will share here when I get the ASET from JA and from other if find other new one and hope you all can help me with it???

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It is but it's the best she can do if she prefers to shop in person.
I tried to shop in person but not as smooth as I thought and even now I’m shopping online but I feel much comfortable because I have you all here that so kind willing to give your time and knowledge to help me.
I really appreciate it.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I will try my best!
I’m so great full you you all
I’m so lucky can be on PS and have this opportunity to get to know you all and learn.

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Absolutely right!:appl: I wish I could speak another language well, all I have is schoolgirl French and I can get the gist of German conversation in a pinch but only bits. A language is something I want to do but there's never time with everything going on.
To know many language it’s very interesting and great!
But it’s difficult especially when learn in old age like me Hahahaha...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To know many language it’s very interesting and great!
But it’s difficult especially when learn in old age like me Hahahaha...

It's the same for me, but I believe constantly learning and having an active mind keeps us young.:D

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
C7F6F24E-B230-411B-8F84-746355320268.png BTW I’m connecting with JA right now not sure if this the right way but here so far... waiting for answer

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results