carat
color
clarity

Asscher Cut search, help!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you!
As a vendor myself ( you should see that in my signature), I am not allowed to comment on stones being offered by other sellers.
But even if that was not the case, I would need to have a diamond in hand to make an accurate, fair assessment.
By the way, no one else can accurately assess based on pics/ASETs
The kind folks here are as good at it as anyone I've ever seen- and in fact, it's likely I'd agree with their assessments in many cases.
But any professional would need to personally examine a diamond to accurately assess it, and offer an informed opinion.
Thank you for your reply and I’m sorry I didn’t even aware that you one of the vendor.
I never though will be so challenge to shop online especially with my min knowledge about diamonds.
So much more have to learn.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6B2BCF72-7118-45B1-A683-9D9BDDE4AFC2.jpeg
So glad to see you again here!!!
Thank you for coming back and helping me.

The reason I asked about faint fluorescence is because I found one that I like the specs but no picture and seller don’t have the ASET, have to purchase in order the get the ASET.
What you all think?
No worries, I love to shop for stepcuts - I'm happy to help others look for good options! It helps tide me over until I can afford one myself :) lo!

No picture + no video + no ASET = no sale IMHO! I know some have been lucky 'buying blind' but there are too many mediocre (or even terrible) cuts out there to risk it! You might find that diamond on another site, though, which might have pictures :)

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
No worries, I love to shop for stepcuts - I'm happy to help others look for good options! It helps tide me over until I can afford one myself :) lo!

No picture + no video + no ASET = no sale IMHO! I know some have been lucky 'buying blind' but there are too many mediocre (or even terrible) cuts out there to risk it! You might find that diamond on another site, though, which might have pictures :)
LOL....

Here is the link to it :
https://www.b2cjewels.com/dd/705558...m_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricescope.com

And here is the video I requested, finally just got it!
1.71ct Asscher D-SI1

I can see at least 3 big blacks carbon in it:cry:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That would be a NO from me. Those inclusions are too noticeable.

The 1.57 is still my favorite. The patterning is beautiful.

Yeah NOT to me either!
1.57 so far is still the top one!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
2AC2495D-74F5-4986-B9EB-4CCB17D3A4DB.jpeg CBF718FF-9246-441A-A8DC-1B37FE713809.jpeg

@OoohShiny
Are you planing to get an Asscher Cut ???
Oh I can’t wait to see it!!!

I was so exited about 1.71ct but after seing those inclusions I’m so disappointed :(2
I’m not asking much for clarity but at least eye clean I would be happy.
My current asscher is SI1 and this pictures with 10x loupe but still look good to me.
Will keep looking until I can find “the one”.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, @Matthews1127
I contacted DBL yesterday, I’m see what they will find for me.

That’s great!! I’m super excited to find out what Karl can do for you!!

To be clear, I still like 1.57ct; the pattern is mesmerizing, and I agree that the contrast will no doubt make it beautiful, IRL. In comparing ASET images, 1.38ct was visually better, but, as mentioned, it’s a static image, and is not perfect. I stated before: step cuts require METICULOUS examination. I wasn’t kidding...lol!! Photos, videos, ASETs, and real life examination.
I agree with others: look with your eyes. Make sure you can actually hold it in your hand, and see it perform in different lighting environments, and give your eyes the opportunity to decide what is appealing. This rock has to make your heart sing, not your brain...lol! 1.71ct was a disappointment, but it just proves that your first purchase was a wise one; your SI1 is beautiful, and eye clean...and you bought it blindly!! Great find! You should feel very proud about your “mirrors”. ;)2
You’re on the right track. Patience will win in the end. You’ll know when you find your new Asscher. :mrgreen2:
Please continue to update us, especially after you hear back from DBL!! I can’t wait!!! :appl:

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That’s great!! I’m super excited to find out what Karl can do for you!!

To be clear, I still like 1.57ct; the pattern is mesmerizing, and I agree that the contrast will no doubt make it beautiful, IRL. In comparing ASET images, 1.38ct was visually better, but, as mentioned, it’s a static image, and is not perfect. I stated before: step cuts require METICULOUS examination. I wasn’t kidding...lol!! Photos, videos, ASETs, and real life examination.
I agree with others: look with your eyes. Make sure you can actually hold it in your hand, and see it perform in different lighting environments, and give your eyes the opportunity to decide what is appealing. This rock has to make your heart sing, not your brain...lol! 1.71ct was a disappointment, but it just proves that your first purchase was a wise one; your SI1 is beautiful, and eye clean...and you bought it blindly!! Great find! You should feel very proud about your “mirrors”. ;)2
You’re on the right track. Patience will win in the end. You’ll know when you find your new Asscher. :mrgreen2:
Please continue to update us, especially after you hear back from DBL!! I can’t wait!!! :appl:
I’m so exited too!!!

1.57ct is really beautiful it’s really make me want to see it in person how sparkles she is.

Didn’t think will be so difficult and hard to find the one can make my heart sing!!! LOL
Nervous and exited the same time hahaha...

Totally agreed with Photos, videos, ASET’s and real life examination! I’m hoping when decision finally make and after see it in person I hope that will be the one because I hate to ship back and forth, very stressful for me.

I will definitely keep everyone update with my journey to find my “Unicorn”

I do love “Mirror” and proud to have her and I know that every diamond have their own beauty but do you think she is worth to keep or should I upgrade her with the one I’m searching right now?

I know I mentioned before to get 2 asscher is okay for me since I got 2 daughters so later on I can just give it to each of them but I also want them to get the good one, so if “Mirror” is not worth to keep will let her go for something better.

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say that if you are happy with Mirror, do not let it go - they are hard to find so don't swap it unless you have one that you definitely know is better!

@OoohShiny
Are you planing to get an Asscher Cut ???
Oh I can’t wait to see it!!!
It is a long term plan! In that I have a lot of debt to pay off and then we need to buy a house, so I might have the money in about 20 years... :lol:

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I say that if you are happy with Mirror, do not let it go - they are hard to find so don't swap it unless you have one that you definitely know is better!

It is a long term plan! In that I have a lot of debt to pay off and then we need to buy a house, so I might have the money in about 20 years... :lol:

I love Mirror because she’s my first LOVE :kiss2::P2
And since I’m still learning I can’t be sure if she’s good or can get better one.

I got my own little house but I got 4 kids to take care of!!! Kids are expensive :errrr:

That’s why I can’t get a bigger rock! :((

Even you get to wait for 20 years but it will be worth it! Make sure get the big one :lickout::$$):

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Okay, which one is the better one basic from this ASET images?

3BCA3B96-7E65-43A0-89F0-1E42DB3D4CF5.jpeg 6113FAA6-00B9-4AE0-B5A0-E1200AA0E835.jpeg

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My new ASET Scope just arrived and I tried on this asscher.
Here is the ASET’s images and repost the video again.
I tried to get better picture but not came out great :mrgreen2:
LOL
What you all think?

0BD5356D-4685-406D-8B58-A067F7ED1F2E.jpeg 1A8CE81F-33AD-4F80-BD87-5B6FFC98CED3.jpeg 1.26ct E-VS1 Asscher video 1

1.26ct E-VS1 Asscher video 2

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so exited too!!!

1.57ct is really beautiful it’s really make me want to see it in person how sparkles she is.

Didn’t think will be so difficult and hard to find the one can make my heart sing!!! LOL
Nervous and exited the same time hahaha...

Totally agreed with Photos, videos, ASET’s and real life examination! I’m hoping when decision finally make and after see it in person I hope that will be the one because I hate to ship back and forth, very stressful for me.

I will definitely keep everyone update with my journey to find my “Unicorn”

I do love “Mirror” and proud to have her and I know that every diamond have their own beauty but do you think she is worth to keep or should I upgrade her with the one I’m searching right now?

I know I mentioned before to get 2 asscher is okay for me since I got 2 daughters so later on I can just give it to each of them but I also want them to get the good one, so if “Mirror” is not worth to keep will let her go for something better.

Keep “Mirror”. No need to upgrade, from what I can see...at least not right now. Never say never, but you seem to have sentimental feelings about that Asscher, and I do think it would be difficult for you to separate from it. You have a beautiful stone; no need to part with it, unless you are not satisfied. ;)2

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Keep “Mirror”. No need to upgrade, from what I can see...at least not right now. Never say never, but you seem to have sentimental feelings about that Asscher, and I do think it would be difficult for you to separate from it. You have a beautiful stone; no need to part with it, unless you are not satisfied. ;)2
Will keep Mirror for now :)) as you said we never know what is in the future but she will stay!:razz:

Last edited:

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I think none of this are repeats from previous.
All these three are beautiful,it’s hard to choose.
Which one is your fav?
I keep going back to 1.58ct H-VVS2, I always want D color if possible but now kind of draw into tint of yellowish.
What do you think of K color ?

Last edited:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think none of this are repeats from previous.
All these three are beautiful,it’s hard to choose.
Which one is your fav?
I keep going back to 1.58ct H-VVS2, I always want D color if possible but now kind of draw into tint of yellowish.
What do you think of K color ?

Color is a preference. Personally, if I were going to go lower in color, I’d want an antique cut diamond. I think antique cuts are stunning in lower colors!!

You would have to look at K color Asschers to decide if you care for the tint. Step-cuts tend to show more body color than brilliant cut stones. That’s something you must see in person.

As for my favorite? I don’t have one...lol!! They’re all beautiful, and YOUR opinion is what counts!

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It appears clear, or very light; the only way to know for sure is to see it in person.

They on hold this one for me :))
Basic the detail on cert, video and ASET image which one do you think is better compared to 1.57ct G-VS1?

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Color is a preference. Personally, if I were going to go lower in color, I’d want an antique cut diamond. I think antique cuts are stunning in lower colors!!

You would have to look at K color Asschers to decide if you care for the tint. Step-cuts tend to show more body color than brilliant cut stones. That’s something you must see in person.

As for my favorite? I don’t have one...lol!! They’re all beautiful, and YOUR opinion is what counts!

An antique cut diamond sound great too!
Never see any IRL.

I saw one K color Asscher that keep coming back to me!
I feel I want to get it but not sure if I will love it, still sthink about it.

My favorite out of 3 is 1.58ct H-VVS2

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An antique cut diamond sound great too!
Never see any IRL.

I saw one K color Asscher that keep coming back to me!
I feel I want to get it but not sure if I will love it, still sthink about it.

My favorite out of 3 is 1.58ct H-VVS2

H will still be white, and show little body color. How you set it will also determine how much tint will be visible. My EC is a G, and is very icy in most lighting environments. The only time I see a hint of tint is in soft, creamy lighting....and that’s more caused by the lighting, and not the actual color of the stone.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@-Asscher-,
I think if I had to narrow my choices to 3, I’d list them this way:

1.58HVVS2
1.50FVVS1
1.57GVS1

I still think looking into the 1.65SI1 diamond is worth it; if the inclusion against the windmill is eye clean, it may be in the running!
Quite a competition we have, here!! :lol-2:

-Asscher-

Shiny_Rock
Premium
8A467BF1-3E2F-4065-9700-48E3E654C307.jpeg
H will still be white, and show little body color. How you set it will also determine how much tint will be visible. My EC is a G, and is very icy in most lighting environments. The only time I see a hint of tint is in soft, creamy lighting....and that’s more caused by the lighting, and not the actual color of the stone.
I saw H color diamonds at the diamond store and it is still look white as you said.
Your EC it’s totally gorgeous:love::love::love:
Hoping some day I can afford one EC too!!!

What do you think of this picture ?
Is it look yellow?
This is K color

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results